[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

@rainbowhunter, yep I think most of that was because Yoon Eun Hee was to take on that role in QSS but she was ill (from what I remember?). Must admit, I thought it's a pity cus I also would like to see Eun Hee with Eric.  Not because who looks prettier but mainly cus I was head over heels with their chemistry in Xman at the time XDDD  Many people doesn't like Yumi's Eun Soo look in QSS for it's not pretty but strangely I do because it brings out the innocent/naive vibe of her QSS character.  Yumi IS pretty.  My favoirte photo of her was the lolipop one that was on Dramabean's rotating header way back then :)

I watched xman of eric-eun hye episode too. Even it was scripted to prank kim jong kook but eric's line too eun hye , "are you still constipated?" looked so spontaneous. I was burst of laughed when eric said that line. He is soooo funny...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Putri Raja

rainbowhunter said:

@rainbowhunter

, yep I think most of that was because Yoon Eun Hee was to take on that role in QSS but she was ill (from what I remember?). Must admit, I thought it's a pity cus I also would like to see Eun Hee with Eric.  Not because who looks prettier but mainly cus I was head over heels with their chemistry in Xman at the time XDDD  Many people doesn't like Yumi's Eun Soo look in QSS for it's not pretty but strangely I do because it brings out the innocent/naive vibe of her QSS character.  Yumi IS pretty.  My favoirte photo of her was the lolipop one that was on Dramabean's rotating header way back then

:)

Guest Putri Raja

sarasona said: "She really helps me throw myself into the scene"...
i agreed...
i really didnt like eric's acting in the my spy myung... because it doesnt look real.. where as with yumi he acts so good and real…

czakhareina said:

[bnt interview] 'Discover Love' Moon Jung Hyuk, We All Were Kang Tae Ha

[by Choi Song Hee, translated by Woorim Ahn, photo by Jang Moon Sun] We are all Kang Tae Ha.

Making a call when drunk and texting 'Are you sleeping?' at 2am to your ex-boy/girlfriends seem very familiar. We all have done such things after breakups.

After taking a few steps back to look at the whole picture, I have managed to pinpoint another element that bothered me in pairing Sung Joon / Jung Yoomi together. Although his voice is deep and conveys a manly feeling, he still moves like a guy his age would, whereas despite her mousey voice, she looks and behaves her age. Thus when together, in spite of some physical attraction, at times I could not help but sense their imbalance. Got the same feeling in Witch's romance and other May-September stories, even in My Spring days.

Reading your comments about X-MAN and a potential Eric-Yoon Eun Hye pairing not happening (thus far) has me all whimsical. If they were an OTP in an drama that would not get butchered, the way too many have been *cough*myspymyungwol*cough*, I'm pretty sure the ratings would skyrocket. Yet after reading how she decided to shut down her "Amazing" café shortly after its opening, I wonder whether she'll enter the drama or movie industry again.

Denali said: After taking a few steps back to look at the whole picture, I have managed to pinpoint another element that bothered me in pairing Sung Joon / Jung Yoomi together. Although his voice is deep and conveys a manly feeling, he still moves like a guy his age would, whereas despite her mousey voice, she looks and behaves her age. Thus when together, in spite of some physical attraction, at times I could not help but sense their imbalance. Got the same feeling in Witch's romance and other May-September stories, even in My Spring days.

Reading your comments about X-MAN and a potential Eric-Yoon Eun Hye pairing not happening (thus far) has me all whimsical. If they were an OTP in an drama that would not get butchered, the way too many have been *cough*myspymyungwol*cough*, I'm pretty sure the ratings would skyrocket. Yet after reading how she decided to shut down her "Amazing" café shortly after its opening, I wonder whether she'll enter the drama or movie industry again.

rainbowhunter said: @jerle. Yaaaa! Where have u been??? I miss you! Btw, I want to watch Birth of Beauty too just because of Joo San Wook hahaha! Is he similar with Eric? I mean the sexy factor :))

@rainbowhunter Still been lurking here every now and then! Get lazy to log in until i cannot take it!! Been reading ur posts:)! He is sexy too! i like him (we have similar tastes) but eric is irreplaceable. Esp when Eric smiles.....:)))))

Phi said:
@rainbowhunter, yep I think most of that was because Yoon Eun Hee was to take on that role in QSS but she was ill (from what I remember?). Must admit, I thought it's a pity cus I also would like to see Eun Hee with Eric.  Not because who looks prettier but mainly cus I was head over heels with their chemistry in Xman at the time XDDD  Many people doesn't like Yumi's Eun Soo look in QSS for it's not pretty but strangely I do because it brings out the innocent/naive vibe of her QSS character.  Yumi IS pretty.  My favoirte photo of her was the lolipop one that was on Dramabean's rotating header way back then :)

Phi said: jerle said: Phi said:
article about survey of officials on dramas and characters: ‘Finding True Love’ in 3rd place, tied with ‘Jung Dojeon’ with 7 votes in Drama category; Kang Taeha-Han Yeoreum couple 3rd place with 7 votes in Best Couple category (Via: ShinhwaStuffs)

I found the article joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view

It looks like a panel of broadcasters, program producers, PD, actor, industry insiders, cinema production, distribution, and marketing professionals, reporters....

Drama category:

• 1st place - SBS "You Who Came from The Stars" (30 votes)
  • 2nd place - MBC "Come!Jang Bori" (25 votes)
  • 3rd place - KBS "Discovery of Romance" and KBS "Jung Dojeon" (tied with 7 votes)
  • 4th place - SBS "It's ok, It's Love" (6 votes)

Best Couple:

• 1st place - Doo MinJun & Choon SongYi (Kim Soo Hyun & Jun Ji Hyun)  "You Who Came from The Stars" (38 votes)
  • 2nd place - Jang JaeYeol & Ji HaeSoo  (Jo In Sung & Gong Hyo Jin)  "It's Okay, It's Love" (22 votes)
  • 3rd place - Kang Taeha & Han Yeoreum (Eric Mun & Jung Yumi)  "Discovery of Romance" (7 votes)
  • 4th place - Lee Gun & Ellie Kim (Jang Hyuk & Jang Nara) "Fated to Love You" (6 votes)

Quite a difference with the number of votes but Discovery of Romance did quite well  :)
I hope this will some what give good indication for at least KBS' year end nominations and such!  :D

@jerle. it's so hard to move on hahaha.. Oh you can check in yumi's thread page 5 or 6 when she did the photoshoot with Nylon. Or just type in google image: jung yu mi nylon. There are 2 jung yu mi in kpop industry. So you will get pics of another yumi ..

She's like a chameleon. Yes i like her outfits in inr2 too and her hairdo. Its so perfect for her image. Btw some of us moved in to eric's thread because recently we just keep spazzing about him.. Hahaha.. Its just not rite since not all of DoR fans are eric's fans :)

jerle said: Phi said:

jerle said: Phi said: jerle said: Phi said:
article about survey of officials on dramas and characters: ‘Finding True Love’ in 3rd place, tied with ‘Jung Dojeon’ with 7 votes in Drama category; Kang Taeha-Han Yeoreum couple 3rd place with 7 votes in Best Couple category (Via: ShinhwaStuffs)

I found the article joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view

It looks like a panel of broadcasters, program producers, PD, actor, industry insiders, cinema production, distribution, and marketing professionals, reporters....

Drama category:

• 1st place - SBS "You Who Came from The Stars" (30 votes)
  • 2nd place - MBC "Come!Jang Bori" (25 votes)
  • 3rd place - KBS "Discovery of Romance" and KBS "Jung Dojeon" (tied with 7 votes)
  • 4th place - SBS "It's ok, It's Love" (6 votes)

Best Couple:

• 1st place - Doo MinJun & Choon SongYi (Kim Soo Hyun & Jun Ji Hyun)  "You Who Came from The Stars" (38 votes)
  • 2nd place - Jang JaeYeol & Ji HaeSoo  (Jo In Sung & Gong Hyo Jin)  "It's Okay, It's Love" (22 votes)
  • 3rd place - Kang Taeha & Han Yeoreum (Eric Mun & Jung Yumi)  "Discovery of Romance" (7 votes)
  • 4th place - Lee Gun & Ellie Kim (Jang Hyuk & Jang Nara) "Fated to Love You" (6 votes)

Quite a difference with the number of votes but Discovery of Romance did quite well  :)
I hope this will some what give good indication for at least KBS' year end nominations and such!  :D

I wish it was it was a whole translation of Writer Jung's interview. But nonetheless, very grateful for this part on Eric & the cast.
Yumi can totally do cute scenes, she is cute in nature
And so Eric's crying in that particular scene was spontaneous... Wonder which crying scene writer-nim referred to since there ARE many :)

2014.11.05 [interview] Scriptwriter Jung Hyunjung mention Discovery of Romance Cast

Scriptwriter Jung Hyunjung, the romance of my dramas

[Photos and content omitted]

Q. How did you feel about the actors of your drama this time?

I thought Han Yeoreum fit Jung Yumi perfectly. I once stayed over at her house after getting a drink, and she acted so cute, perhaps because she felt comfortable being at home. “Why didn’t you show this side of yourself in your dramas before? We should work together again, and next time I’ll give you a character that’s really off-the-wall", I said. ‘Finding True Love’ was my second piece with Sungjoon right after the third season of ‘I Need Romance’, so I was worried his characters would look too similar but everything turned out fine. He had gained weight and improved his elocution. I was surprised most of all at Eric’s sensitivity. One time he kept crying during a scene when I had just written ‘Cry. Go with the emotions’ on top. I asked him why. He’s a very quiet man, unlike what some people might think, and he said he couldn’t help but cry because he could relate not only to Kang Taeha, but also to Han Yeoreum and Nam Hajin at the same time (Laugh). I felt good about his joining my drama in the first place but I found he’s an even better actor than I thought after the drama.

[Omit]

Source: Women Joongang
Translation: ShinhwaStuffs

news update on DoR cast  projects:

• Jung Yumi (Discovery of Romance) has been offered the role of Jung Woo’s wife in Himalaya. The upcoming film, based on the true story of Uhm Hong-gil, a South Korean climber who embarked on a Mt. Everest expedition in 2004 and struggled to retrieve a fellow climber’s body, has suffered its share of setbacks, but production is now finalizing the supporting cast. Jung Woo (Answer Me 1994) will play the deceased climber, so expect an emotional performance by Jung Yumi if she takes the role. Shoots begin for Himalaya at the end of the month and the movie will finally hit theaters next year. [Osen][dramabeans]
  • jungyumi_193.jpg

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Why We Love Bromances: A Couch Kimchi Roundtablecouchkimchi November 8, 2014 | SOOMPIWhy We Love Bromances: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

Bing Crosby and Bob HopeHarold and KumarCrown Prince Sohyeon and his Musketeers. Ahhh, bromance! We enjoy it as much as watching the OTP kiss, and K-dramaland has some of the most memorable ones!

Come and join our roundtable as the girls of Couch Kimchi study the charm of bromances and gush over our favorites.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Page 1

What attracts viewers to bromances?

Page 2

Why are bromances more appealing than sistermances?

What makes a bromance work for you?

Page 3

Surviving a love triangle

Failed bromances

Page 4

Favorite bromances

What we would like to see in the future

WHAT ATTRACTS VIEWERS TO BROMANCES?

Leila: Bromance is a word I discovered watching Korean dramas. It’s a different kind of love. It draws the audience’s attention because they are as sweet as the OTP in a drama.

Clockwatcher: It’s certainly not limited to Korean dramas given how popular the “buddy cop” genre has been. I think it’s because we get to see men in healthy, fun relationships without the hidden agenda of wanting a physical relationship. It’s pure love without strings – an unconditional love that is rare to find in romantic relationships. In dramas, the central romance is usually dramatic; it’s full of angst and complications, so we like it balanced with a fun, stress-free relationship that also gives us a glimpse of another facet of our male lead’s character.

Goodange: I completely agree, and because we also often see male rivals act like jerks to each other, it’s a relief when there are guys who are shown getting along, being goofy together, and inspiring each other. I really get a kick out of seeing men bond in a way that we’re more used to seeing between women like in “Discovery of Romance” when Director Yoon (Lee Seung Jun) had to feed Kang Tae Ha (Eric) because he was crippled by his breakup with Han Yeo Reum (Jung Yu Mi); he was kind of a mother to him in that moment.

Leila: The tandem of male characters might be so dynamic that on occasion, I look forward to their scenes more than the OTP’s. LOL. I remember the great chemistry between Yoo Ah In and Song Joong Ki‘s characters in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.” KBS even awarded the actors the Best Couple Award in 2010.

Clockwatcher: Yes, sometimes, the bromance is more interesting and chemistry-charged than a typical romance. “School 2013” featured one such bromance. Other times, it might even overshadow the romance like in “Cruel City” as fans were more interested in the friendship between Paksa (Jung Kyung Ho) and Kim Hyun Soo (Yoon Hyun Min) than his romance with Han Soo Min (Nam Gyu Ri).

Leila: I haven’t watched “School 2013″ in full, but I did hear about the chemistry between Lee Jong Seok and Kim Woo Bin. I watched one scene, and it felt like a break up as the guys cried and went their separate ways.

Goodange: Off-camera, I don’t think they have to worry about any drama breaking them up. It’s awesome that they are good friends in real life.

rtdor

FAILED BROMANCES

Clockwatcher: I can’t think of a single instance where the bromance didn’t work out. Am I the only one?

Leila: Bromances always work!

Clockwatcher: I was disappointed with the potential bromance in “Monstar.” It wasn’t because the actors didn’t have chemistry, but because they were childhood best friends whose relationship went sour, and they were unable to regain their friendship by the end of the drama. On the upside, the actors became very close in real life.

Goodange: There was the one-off bromance between Yeo Reum’s ex-boyfriend and current love in “Discovery of Romance.” Loads of alcohol and belting out songs at a norebang made Tae Ha and Nam Ha Jin (Sung Joon) forget about their intense rivalry for a night, turning them into best buds and Yeo Reum the third wheel. LOL. However, it was like a one-night stand because once sober, the bonding moment was something they regretted; the morning after, they were awkward around each other. The bromantic scenes were fun, but in the context of the story, it wouldn’t have made sense for their momentary connection to evolve into a longterm friendship.

OMITTED NON RELATED PARTS

READ FULL: http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/08/why-we-love-bromances-a-couch-kimchi-roundtable-2/

Kim seul gi got nomination in apan awards, and then oh i forgot to tell that sung joon got award in style icon award. Yumi and sung joon were top 20 in style icon award but only sung joon attended the ceremony. Most of dor casts are getting more popular. Eric is praised for his acting (hope he will get award in kbs award 2014 hahaha). Even he wont get the award just please him attending the ceremony, sitting next to yumi in the front row, whispering something to her, and flirting with that sexy smile :)). But but but... Yumi is considered to take a role in himalaya that will be filmed on this november. Great! So will we see Ricmi on screen just for once if she were busy filming in nepal???? I just dont like it. :((

Hope things will go smoothly with Himalaya if Yumi taking on the role.... actually, go smoothly regardless she takes the role or not XD

czakhareina said: class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Why We Love Bromances: A Couch Kimchi Roundtablecouchkimchi November 8, 2014 | SOOMPIWhy We Love Bromances: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

Page 4

Favorite bromances

What we would like to see in the future

WHAT ATTRACTS VIEWERS TO BROMANCES?

Leila: Bromance is a word I discovered watching Korean dramas. It’s a different kind of love. It draws the audience’s attention because they are as sweet as the OTP in a drama.

Goodange: I completely agree, and because we also often see male rivals act like jerks to each other, it’s a relief when there are guys who are shown getting along, being goofy together, and inspiring each other. I really get a kick out of seeing men bond in a way that we’re more used to seeing between women like in “Discovery of Romance” when Director Yoon (Lee Seung Jun) had to feed Kang Tae Ha (Eric) because he was crippled by his breakup with Han Yeo Reum (Jung Yu Mi); he was kind of a mother to him in that moment.

rtdor

FAILED BROMANCES

Clockwatcher: I can’t think of a single instance where the bromance didn’t work out. Am I the only one?

Leila: Bromances always work!

Clockwatcher: I was disappointed with the potential bromance in “Monstar.” It wasn’t because the actors didn’t have chemistry, but because they were childhood best friends whose relationship went sour, and they were unable to regain their friendship by the end of the drama. On the upside, the actors became very close in real life.

Goodange: There was the one-off bromance between Yeo Reum’s ex-boyfriend and current love in “Discovery of Romance.” Loads of alcohol and belting out songs at a norebang made Tae Ha and Nam Ha Jin (Sung Joon) forget about their intense rivalry for a night, turning them into best buds and Yeo Reum the third wheel. LOL. However, it was like a one-night stand because once sober, the bonding moment was something they regretted; the morning after, they were awkward around each other. The bromantic scenes were fun, but in the context of the story, it wouldn’t have made sense for their momentary connection to evolve into a longterm friendship.

Archived