[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

Guest aniyong

Thanks @czakhareina for posting this interview. He was so proud of DoR, and iam convinced with his decision to comeback in acting with this drama. It really left a long lasting impression because of its closeness to reality story, the actors who were phenomenal in their performance, the bgm which helped alot in building up proper atmosphere on the scenes. This drama is really well made.

Is it too much to ask for an award? Hoping the actors and production get recognized somehow. :D

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.2; color: rgb(45, 45, 45);"Eric on ‘Discovery of Romance’, “It’s the first time I’ve received such good reviews since I started acting”

20141013_1413173594_56308800_1_99_201410

Eric has expressed his gratitude for the good reviews he has received for his performance in ‘Discovery of Romance’.

In a post-drama interview held on 16 Oct, Eric expressed his thoughts after wrapping up the drama. “I’m happy that the drama wrapped up without a hitch. We’ve received a lot of love from the viewers, and friends and family have said that they watched the drama and found it interesting.”

“Discovery of Romance is a project that I really wanted to do from the start because the script is interesting. And also it’s a drama that I wanted to express myself well. At first I felt pressured and nervous but now I feel relieved. Since I started acting, it’s the first time we had good reviews and articles from the start til the end of the drama. Thanks to the articles and the reactions from people around me, the acting and the process of making the drama has been very rewarding.”

Source: TV Report
Credit: Absolute Shinhwa

This is interesting news all because they are both connected to ERIC!
class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Agency Checking on Dating Rumors Between Shinhwa′s Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni

Yoon Ji Ni′s agency is currently checking to see if dating rumors between the actress and Shinhwa′s Jun Jin are true. 

On October 21, Yoon Ji Ni′s agency, King Kong Entertainment, told Newsen, "We′re checking on the truth about Yoon Ji Ni and Jun Jin′s dating rumors." 

Agency Checking on Dating Rumors Between Shinhwa′s Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni

"We′ll reveal our statement after we check with her," said the agency. "We′re seeing if she even went to Singapore on a trip." 

Earlier in day, one news outlet reported that Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni met at a gathering at the beginning of 2014 and became a couple. According to the report, Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni were recently spotted on a trip in Singapore, quickly spreading online. 

Meanwhile, Jun Jin debuted in 1998 in Shinhwa, continuing the title as the longest running idol group. Yoon Ji Ni debuted in 2012 through A Gentleman′s Dignity, followed by Heaven′s Order, It′s Okay, It′s Love, Discovery of Romance and more. She is also the main actress in the movie We Are Brothers, which is waiting for its October 23 premiere. 

Photo Credit: Newsen
Credit Mwave EnewsWorld

JunJin is Shinhwa Member and JinYi costared in this drama with Eric... what are the odds. but anyway denial of the relationship has surfaced:

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yoon Ji Ni Denies Dating Rumors with Shinhwa′s Jun Jin

Actress Yoon Ji Ni′s agency has denied the dating rumors with Shinhwa′s Jun Jin. 

On October 21, Yoon Ji Ni′s agency, King Kong Entertaiment, toldNewsen, "The dating rumors with Jun Jin are not true." 

Yoon Ji Ni Denies Dating Rumors with Shinhwa′s Jun Jin

One news outlet reported earlier that Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni became a couple after meeting at a gather at the beginning of 2014. According to the report, Jun Jin and Yoon Ji Ni were spotted, traveling in Singapore, which quickly spread online. 

"After the dating reports, we checked with her personally, and it was revealed that she didn′t go to Singapore with Jun Jin, but with her friends," said the agency rep. "Her manager was there and even took her there." 

"It′s true that she did meet Jun Jin at a gathering and knows him from before, but we confirmed that they′re not that close." 

Jun Jin is currently traveling in Vietnam with his friends. 

Photo Credit: Newsen
credit Mwave ENewsWOrld

interesting K-netx comments here: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/10/actress-yoon-jin-yi-denies-dating.html

Dear @czakhareina, thank you so much for updating this thread. I love the MVs, but the second is the best. It makes me want to re-watch the birthday scene. I am still stuck to DoR and try to find other dramas. Maybe I will not easily found the new one because of it's story sometimes becomes unreasonable :D. I am so envious to my mom because she really loves k drama (any stories) especially if it tells about infidelity, revenge, and inheritance story. I bet she already watched more than hundred of k dramas until now :(

Wow, I just re-read Eric's interview (with patiently and paying more details). I am so glad that he became stubborn to chose DoR and he is so proud of it since he is getting more appreciation from his fans. Those appreciation are not only in soompi, but also in Drama fever, Drama beans, and Asian wiki (English kdrama review websites). It's quite different with other k-dramas when many fans will fallen in love with female lead and male lead, but DoR fans only fallen in love with the male lead and the second male lead kkkkkkk (that is so true since Eric and SJ are handsome and sexy)... They just keep bashing the female lead and the second female lead :D It's just so nice to read the comments. It proves that JYM and YJY are succeed to live their character. I will wait their next projects, and off course their dating news too :) I am so happy to read the gossip (hope it's true) that YJY is dating Junjin Shinhwa. I bet Eric is behind their story :))

Most of DoR casts are getting popular. Eric is exceptional because we already known that he is a superstar. YHM and KSG will act in a new drama, SJ has interviewed (in English), Yumi is the cover for several magazines (she's getting more popular nowdays) but most of her interviews are in Hangeul :( Unfortunately, I really want to know what she thinks about DoR, from the story or the crew (and her opinion about Eric too :x ). I heard that she's very close with DoR writer nim (Ms. Jung Hyung Jun). I guess she will reconsider about DoR sequel. She's so humble and always think about the other party. That's why she has many reunited projects, not only in movies but also drama. Actually she is not fond into drama. The only one who makes her reconsider to act in drama again is Eric :) kkkkkkk... Yeah, they had so many discussions about system differences in movie and drama. Maybe because of it's environment, the ridiculous story lines (she was shouting and asked to PD nim, "what drama it is??" when they had so many ridiculous lines. Her reaction was so cute), or the system that makes her uncomfortable to act in drama. Since QSS, she already tried back to act in drama. Thank God she met Eric in DoR. Their chemistry is the factor to make her shinier than her previous dramas. She only has 3 dramas since QSS! I am afraid she would decided to come back in drama since she is one of kind actress who doesn't like to stick to one character. Yumi is perfectly for Han Yeo Reum character and no one can't replace her to be HYR although HYR is selfish and irritating :)

Is there any product want to cast Eric and Yumi on CF? I am sure their products would got high selling if they cast these two.

Jeong Yoo-mi’s winter pictorial released

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20141021
Korean actress Jeong Yoo-mi posed for a photo shoot for W Korea magazine.

In the fashion pictorial, which appears in the issue released on Tuesday, Jeong reveals her feminine and innocent charm. She is wearing warm winter apparel that is navy and burgundy, the colors representing the season.

The actress recently finished her work on the set of the drama “Discovery of Love.”

By Yoon Ji-soo (thankque@heraldcorp.com)

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(45, 45, 45); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Discovery of ambition”… ‘Two-job idol’ Eric’s change of heart2014101855826f617net_t5_108708.jpg?w=100

Eric celebrates his 16th year as an idol, no, ‘pioneer idol’. His talents include his charismatic rapping and dance. He still commands a legion of oppa troopers, and maintains the dignity of a member of the longest-running idol group.

But as the actor Eric… It has been more humbling. Starting with his debut in 2003’s ‘Breathless’, he went on to appear in dramas including ‘Bulsae’, ‘Super Rookie’, ‘Strongest Chil Woo’, ‘Spy Myungwol’. But comments from the public were harsh. He even suffered controversies surrounding his acting ability.

But Eric has changed. Because of the drama ‘Discovery of Romance’. Right from the start he got to know about the essence of acting, and he has found his confidence again. He has received recognition not as an ‘acting-dol’, but as an ‘actor’. Furthermore, he has now developed a passion to become a good actor.

“The moment I received the script, I thought that I had to take on this project. Right from the start I stuck to my guns. I also told the members that I really wanted to do it. And so I acted with this ambition. Perhaps thanks to that? For the first time, there weren’t any bad reviews.

2014101855143uqb0net_t5_108703.jpg?w=100

◆ “All this while, there was no pressing reason”

There are no pressing reasons for a person who has somewhere to return to. That’s how it is for Eric, who’s into his 10th year as an ‘acting-dol’. Even though he hasn’t had a hit drama since ‘Bulsae’ in 2004, he had nothing to worry about. He would just return to his day job as a singer. All this while, to Eric, acting was nothing more than a second job.

“Honestly, there wasn’t any great burden. I’m saying this very cautiously, but I thought acting was just one of many occupations. It was something I had to do periodically for the sake of the company. To me, since there were Shinhwa activities… It’s true that my mind was relatively at ease.”

What fired Eric up was ‘Discovery of Romance’. He explained, “Frankly speaking, I didn’t have a strong ambition towards my works or a strong aspiration towards acting. But I changed my mind the moment I saw the ‘Discovery of Romance’ script. I really wanted to be in the drama. It was the first time I ever had such an experience.”

This explains how he was absorbed in the role from the time he read the script. Eric emphasized, “There were many parts where I thought ‘this is my story’ when I read it. I wondered, if I could identify with the role to this extent, how would it be for other people? I wanted to convey the emotions that I felt to others.”
2014101855143c8ytnet_t5_108700.jpg?w=700

◆ “Somewhere along the line, I discovered persistence”

His ambition for acting was sparked off when he could identify with the character. More than ever, Eric was passionate. He cut down on his sleeping hours, and increased his hours of acting practice. To make Kang Taeha’s lines fully his own, he practiced and practiced repeatedly.

“I’ve never been this persistent about a project before. There were even instances where if there was a scene that I really wanted to do well, I would skip sleep altogether the night before. I prepared each gesture, expression and line in detail. Because I wanted it to be as natural as wearing my own clothes.”

He set a goal too. Which is to achieve more than 90% of what writer Jung Hyunjung has envisioned Kang Taeha to be. Eric explained, “The script was detailed and good to start with. I wanted to convey the feelings that I thought of when I read the script, in a realistic manner. If I could do that, I would really be able to become Taeha.”

Perhaps because of his excruciating efforts, Eric experienced moments when he became one with his character. “As we went on in the second half of the drama, I felt like I was turning into Taeha. Even when filming ended, I wanted to give advice to Yeoreum (played by Jung Yumi). That was the extent of how far I was into the character.”

2014101855827kcyinet_t5_108715.jpg?w=100

◆ “Now, I want to be greedy”

The result was that for the first time in his life, he received recognition not as a singer, but as an actor. There were viewers who were afflicted with the ‘Taeha Syndrome’. His jealous gaze when he sees Nam Hajin (played by Sung Joon), his resentful tone towards Han Yeoreum, even the smile that tugs at the corner of his mouth after a kiss has earned him compliments for being really like Kang Taeha.

With all the good reviews pouring in, there’s every reason to be proud. But Eric isn’t so. Instead he says with a smile that he has developed a stronger desire. He hopes to be able to receive the good reviews he received as Kang Taeha even for his next project, to exceed the character.

“What is my next goal? I hope to give a favorable impression for whatever roles I do. To do that, I need to back it up with acting ability and be able to let viewers identify with me. I want to be remembered by the public as a good actor, and a good man.”

Of course, he has no intention of neglecting Shinhwa activities. He plans to balance that with his acting work. Eric added, “Shinhwa is something that I would never separate myself from. It’s a firm source of support for my individual activities too. As a singer, or as an actor, I would like to show the best of me. Please watch over and support me.”

Source: Dispatch
Credit Absolute Shinhwa

A gift for you all... :)Happy drooling girls ;)
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Discovery of Love - Kang Tae Ha (Eric Mun)

(credit to Allana S.E youtube account)

[interview] Quotes from Eric interviews for ‘Finding True Love’ (Part 2)

On the drama
- “I first heard about this piece through the producer of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’. We talked about ‘Finding True Love’, and then I got to talk with the chief producer from KBS. I said no to it at first because I was busy with Shinhwa, but he told me he would make the drama be the ‘rediscovery of Eric.’”

On relationships and love
- “I’m both Taeha and Hajin. I thought that though Taeha would be criticized in the beginning, eventually the men would relate to him, and Hajin would be more loved by the women. When I look back though, I think I have parts of both of them in me. I pretend not to, but I try to take care of others when there’s no one around. Hajin said just before breaking up with Han Yeoreum (Jung Yumi), ‘I couldn’t say anything because I was afraid we would break up’, and I agreed with that sentence too.”
- “I didn’t really feel I want to enter a new relationship after acting in this drama. I did, however, relate a lot to the script and what the characters said. I came to think of my past lovers. I remembered similar situations I had been in and learned what the other was thinking. I often thought, ‘so this is how she felt’. I got to look back on my past.”
- “I had come to look for so many things in women after going through lots of relationships. I came to think after this piece though that I want to love someone that doesn’t make me put on a new face. Han Yeoreum said, ‘I like you because you make me feel like me’, and that’s the answer, really.”
- “Usually men ask their friends before a blind date whether she’s pretty. It’s not a bad thing to look at externalities. You can learn how much she cares about me or how diligent she is through her looks. I also ask what her voice and tone is like. Hahaha.”
- “People hate it when their exes try to call them when they’re drunk, but I once did that too.”
- “I think this is why it’s become so hard for me to enter a relationship. When I look back to when I was younger, I always fell in love by chance. I don’t think things ever ended up nicely when I purposefully approached someone.”
- “I want to get married as soon as I find the right person. I want to be the first Shinhwa member to get married. I think the other members will follow soon if I get married. I think I’ll have to get married before I turn 40.”
- “You understand things better by watching relationships on TV, but when you’re actually in your own relationship the only thing you care about is what you see. If you can’t convince yourself of something 100%, that’s the end of that.”
- “I understand why Han Yeoreum acted this way. I understand how she wanted to chase after the love that makes her heart beat. You can’t do that in reality, though.”
- “In terms of the drama’s characters, I liked ‘Sol’ (Kim Seulki) the most. She’s moved by the smallest things, she’s clumsy yet friendly, and makes you feel comfortable with her instantly.”
- “I think if you run into your ex you could feel some curiosity. I understand some of Taeha’s emotions. Love and every other emotion starts when you feel ‘curious’. I think I would get worried and curious if I notice my ex is seeing a weird guy.”
- “It’s time the Shinhwa members got married, yes. It’s not that we can’t get married because we’re idol group members; it’s just that we’re celebrities.”
- “It’s hard to continue working the same way we used to once we get married, but aside from that, it’s hard for us to meet people in the first place while we’re working.”

On costars
- “It was great. I’ve worked with a lot of actors but I joke around the most with Yumi. It’s really helpful when your costar makes you feel comfortable and gives you big reactions. Yumi helped me a lot. She debuted as an actor before I did, but she’s like a mirror that reflects everything I throw at her. When I try to act in an emotional scene, Yumi cries for me even though there’s no camera shooting her. She really helps me throw myself into the scene. She was like a newborn during ‘Que Sera Sera’ but now she’s like a grown baby. Haha. I’m not talking about her experience; I’m talking about how naive and pure she is.”
- “I want to act again with (Jung) Yumi someday. Yumi told me, though, that she wants to take a break. I want to have fun with her again someday if we do meet again. I want to see her in a modern-day piece rather than a sageuk (traditional).”
- “I usually act in a calculative way, exactly the way the script tells me to, but Yumi’s not like that. She’s affected greatly by what happens on set that day. She jumps to react whenever I do something. That helps me a lot when I’m acting in emotional scenes. Sungjoon is 11 years younger than I am, and he’s really nice. I can see how considerate he is when he tries to keep in step with whoever he’s acting with.”
- “Yumi couldn’t even open her eyes properly in the past but now she can. She used to sneak into my car to draw monkeys on it as a joke but now she jokes openly.”
- “My heart broke whenever I had to act harshly toward Jung Yumi. The way she looked just made me feel bad. Other women look like they’ll go grab a drink at home if I make them upset but Jung Yumi looks like she’ll just start crying.”

On future plans
- “I’ll take a break for a few days and then start preparing for Shinhwa’s album. Shinhwa will start promoting early next year. If ‘Finding True Love 2’ is ever produced, I want to fit it in no matter what in between Shinhwa promotions.”
- “I don’t feel like we’re rivals with god. Shinhwa aims to compete with the hottest singers out there on the charts. Though we may be older with longer careers, we don’t want to be treated as seniors.”
- “I’m happy that god’s made a comeback, but if you treat god and us as rivals, you’re treating us like old-school singers. I hope god also comes to compete with the more recent generation.”
- “We’ll continue to do what we’re good at in terms of song and dance. We’re always thinking of how to retain our own style yet incorporate the trend to compete with recent idols. It’s important to keep a balance.”

On acting idols
- “Acting idols these days are really good. I feel the walls between singers and actors have been removed some. These days you don’t know what a trainee will end up being. You’re just called a singer or actor based on which you start your career as.”
- “Such divisions don’t mean much to the younger celebrities these days. I promoted as Shinhwa for a long time and then entered the field of acting, so I could feel a divide. These days, though, celebrities receive a lot of systematic training from when they’re young. It’s meaningless to label a celebrity as singer or actor now. The younger they are when they start, the better they turn out to be.”
- “I feel Im Siwan is especially good.”

On member reactions to the drama
- “They said it was great. They didn’t really talk about it specifically, but this drama was the first that the members didn’t have anything bad to say about.”
- “They used to point out my bad habits or any weird scenes in my previous pieces, but I don’t think there were any in this drama. I think they got a bit bored because of that.”

Source: Star News (123), Osen (12), My DailySisa NewsJoy News 24, Star Today (12), enews24NewsenMBN Star
Credit Shinhwa Stuff

'Discover Love' Kim Seul Gi & Yoon Hyun Min's Sweet Pictorial

vz71bd9xrvls01uee8z6bedd11orspwe.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn] KBS drama 'Discover Love's' two characters, Kim Seul Gi and Yoon Hyun Min met again for a pictorial. It is good news for those who were sad about their short love story. Yoon Hyun Min played as plastic surgeon 'Do Jun Ho' and Kim Seul Gi was furniture designer 'Yoon Sol' in the drama. They depicted how sibling-like friendship can become a lovely relationship. 
In addition, during the shooting of the pictorial, they seemed like a real couple. Yoon Hyun Min said "When we were filming the drama, I kept fooling around Seul Gi. Her reaction was no different with the real life, so the acting might seem more natural." Kim Seul Gi said "Actually, the kiss scene was not on the script. But, Yoon Hyun Min did it as an ad-lib, so I was very surprised."
To the question "What is the good thing about him/her?" Yoon Hyun Min said "Seul Gi has an ability to react instantly. Her appearance is cute, but her sincerity towards acting is very strong." Kim Seul Gi said "There is no use if partners don't work in harmony. If it was not Hyun Min, there would be no 'Do-Sol couple'. He is an actor that I want to work with again next time."
The CeCi editor said "During the pictorial, I thought I was watching an extra episode of 'Discover Love'. They created a lovely and natural couple and I could feel a synergy between them."
Meanwhile, the 'Do-Sol couple's' pictorial by Kim Seul Gi and Yoon Hyun Min will be released through CeCi. (photo by CeCi)

[interview] Quotes from Eric interviews for ‘Finding True Love’ (Part 2)

On the drama

- “I first heard about this piece through the producer of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’. We talked about ‘Finding True Love’, and then I got to talk with the chief producer from KBS. I said no to it at first because I was busy with Shinhwa, but he told me he would make the drama be the ‘rediscovery of Eric.’”

On relationships and love

- “I’m both Taeha and Hajin. I thought that though Taeha would be criticized in the beginning, eventually the men would relate to him, and Hajin would be more loved by the women. When I look back though, I think I have parts of both of them in me. I pretend not to, but I try to take care of others when there’s no one around. Hajin said just before breaking up with Han Yeoreum (Jung Yumi), ‘I couldn’t say anything because I was afraid we would break up’, and I agreed with that sentence too.”

- “I didn’t really feel I want to enter a new relationship after acting in this drama. I did, however, relate a lot to the script and what the characters said. I came to think of my past lovers. I remembered similar situations I had been in and learned what the other was thinking. I often thought, ‘so this is how she felt’. I got to look back on my past.”

- “I had come to look for so many things in women after going through lots of relationships. I came to think after this piece though that I want to love someone that doesn’t make me put on a new face. Han Yeoreum said, ‘I like you because you make me feel like me’, and that’s the answer, really.”

- “Usually men ask their friends before a blind date whether she’s pretty. It’s not a bad thing to look at externalities. You can learn how much she cares about me or how diligent she is through her looks. I also ask what her voice and tone is like. Hahaha.”

- “People hate it when their exes try to call them when they’re drunk, but I once did that too.”

- “I think this is why it’s become so hard for me to enter a relationship. When I look back to when I was younger, I always fell in love by chance. I don’t think things ever ended up nicely when I purposefully approached someone.”

- “I want to get married as soon as I find the right person. I want to be the first Shinhwa member to get married. I think the other members will follow soon if I get married. I think I’ll have to get married before I turn 40.”

- “You understand things better by watching relationships on TV, but when you’re actually in your own relationship the only thing you care about is what you see. If you can’t convince yourself of something 100%, that’s the end of that.”

- “I understand why Han Yeoreum acted this way. I understand how she wanted to chase after the love that makes her heart beat. You can’t do that in reality, though.”

- “In terms of the drama’s characters, I liked ‘Sol’ (Kim Seulki) the most. She’s moved by the smallest things, she’s clumsy yet friendly, and makes you feel comfortable with her instantly.”

- “I think if you run into your ex you could feel some curiosity. I understand some of Taeha’s emotions. Love and every other emotion starts when you feel ‘curious’. I think I would get worried and curious if I notice my ex is seeing a weird guy.”

- “It’s time the Shinhwa members got married, yes. It’s not that we can’t get married because we’re idol group members; it’s just that we’re celebrities.”

- “It’s hard to continue working the same way we used to once we get married, but aside from that, it’s hard for us to meet people in the first place while we’re working.”

On costars

- “It was great. I’ve worked with a lot of actors but I joke around the most with Yumi. It’s really helpful when your costar makes you feel comfortable and gives you big reactions. Yumi helped me a lot. She debuted as an actor before I did, but she’s like a mirror that reflects everything I throw at her. When I try to act in an emotional scene, Yumi cries for me even though there’s no camera shooting her. She really helps me throw myself into the scene. She was like a newborn during ‘Que Sera Sera’ but now she’s like a grown baby. Haha. I’m not talking about her experience; I’m talking about how naive and pure she is.”

- “I want to act again with (Jung) Yumi someday. Yumi told me, though, that she wants to take a break. I want to have fun with her again someday if we do meet again. I want to see her in a modern-day piece rather than a sageuk (traditional).”

- “I usually act in a calculative way, exactly the way the script tells me to, but Yumi’s not like that. She’s affected greatly by what happens on set that day. She jumps to react whenever I do something. That helps me a lot when I’m acting in emotional scenes. Sungjoon is 11 years younger than I am, and he’s really nice. I can see how considerate he is when he tries to keep in step with whoever he’s acting with.”

- “Yumi couldn’t even open her eyes properly in the past but now she can. She used to sneak into my car to draw monkeys on it as a joke but now she jokes openly.”

- “My heart broke whenever I had to act harshly toward Jung Yumi. The way she looked just made me feel bad. Other women look like they’ll go grab a drink at home if I make them upset but Jung Yumi looks like she’ll just start crying.”

On future plans

- “I’ll take a break for a few days and then start preparing for Shinhwa’s album. Shinhwa will start promoting early next year. If ‘Finding True Love 2’ is ever produced, I want to fit it in no matter what in between Shinhwa promotions.”

- “I don’t feel like we’re rivals with god. Shinhwa aims to compete with the hottest singers out there on the charts. Though we may be older with longer careers, we don’t want to be treated as seniors.”

- “I’m happy that god’s made a comeback, but if you treat god and us as rivals, you’re treating us like old-school singers. I hope god also comes to compete with the more recent generation.”

- “We’ll continue to do what we’re good at in terms of song and dance. We’re always thinking of how to retain our own style yet incorporate the trend to compete with recent idols. It’s important to keep a balance.”

On acting idols

- “Acting idols these days are really good. I feel the walls between singers and actors have been removed some. These days you don’t know what a trainee will end up being. You’re just called a singer or actor based on which you start your career as.”

- “Such divisions don’t mean much to the younger celebrities these days. I promoted as Shinhwa for a long time and then entered the field of acting, so I could feel a divide. These days, though, celebrities receive a lot of systematic training from when they’re young. It’s meaningless to label a celebrity as singer or actor now. The younger they are when they start, the better they turn out to be.”

- “I feel Im Siwan is especially good.”

On member reactions to the drama

- “They said it was great. They didn’t really talk about it specifically, but this drama was the first that the members didn’t have anything bad to say about.”

- “They used to point out my bad habits or any weird scenes in my previous pieces, but I don’t think there were any in this drama. I think they got a bit bored because of that.”

Source: Star News (123), Osen (12), My DailySisa NewsJoy News 24, Star Today (12), enews24NewsenMBN Star

Credit Shinhwa Stuff

love reading all his interviewa.. d part where he talked abt yumi was so sweet.. hope they hv a chance to work together again!

if not well eric.. hook up with her! hehheeh

When I read this part, there was something crossed in my mind.

Q. Do you have any hopes or plans on what you’d like to try in your next work?
Eric: Um, there isn’t something that I really want to try yet, in the past, after ‘Que Sera Sera’, I felt rather unsettled and this time round, before starting, I thought that feeling of unsettlement would be relieved by the sweetness but indeed, I feel unsettled again. Even if things go well towards the end, because we’ve continuously quarreled and cried.
As Taeha, there are things I’d like to say to Yeoreum, and Yeoreum too, as Yeoreum, has words that she’d like to say, but what we could say was only what was written in the script, I guess that’s why.

Q. What more would you like to say to Yeoreum?
Eric: It’s a secret (laughs).
  ------> Could it be "I LOVE YOU, HAN YEO REUM"?  :\">

*ahhhhh, why I am curious when there was something hasn't ended yet between them!"

Archived