[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

Thanks to all those who ae posting pic!!!

And....i been trying to find the crucible, subbed online, so i can watch YM in a film. No luck :(

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Putri Raja

What are your 3 favorite scenes in this show? and why? 
Sad moment: 
1. The end of episode 10 when YR thought TH already knew about her father's suicide. I loved how YR gave the simply reason 'because you're Kang Tae Ha' and how TH comforting her. 2. When Nam Ha Jin realized the position of their relationship after reading AR's letter. So heart breaking.3. Tae Ha drunk and told Director Yoon he can't let YR go even over his death body. His voice was so trembling, and not kidding, I felt so painful inside my chest because of tried to hold my tears (my roommate was beside me that time…it would be so embrace crying over the drama...kkkk).
Sweet moment : 
Tae Ha came to see YR in her studio and they talked about how to keep relationship longer, undying love…and so on…peacefully. Do Joon Ho punched Sol's crush in police station.Yeo Reum got jealous over Tae Ha-the sexy client lady.
Cute moments:
1.The nanny feeding Tae Ha with seaweed and rice and becoming his maid…kkk2.Yoon Sol and Joon Ho watching indian movie in their room3.Tae Ha piggy back Yoon Sol (This is the first time I think in k-drama, no sibling, not lover doing piggy back and she hit his head with her doll too…) makes me wanna see Eric-Seul GI-Director Yoon as sibling in comedy drama…. 
What are the things you learned from this show? 

Trust and communication is the most important in any kind of relationship.
Do you have an alternate scenario? 

Not really but if only we could have more TH/YR moments before the series ended
Who is your favorite character? and why? 
1. Director Yoon.  He such a good buddy, co-worker, friend for sharing and giving advices for anything, and sacrifice his dating life just for taking care of his little boss.2. Kang Tae Ha. I love his honesty and character development in this drama. 3. Do Joon Ho. Same as director Yoon but as I mentioned previously, sometimes he can't keep secret, so a bit danger to tell him everything.
In addition, even though I could count myself as his new fan but I've watched all of his dramas. One thing is new to me, in this drama, starting from episode 10 or 11 (?), Eric didn't has so much line to say…he just played with his expressions (mostly his eyes) and I still could feel his emotions. IMO, this is one of his achievement in this drama because most of his dramas before had many bickering, shouting and all…kkkk

3 scenes... I have so many favourites! Top 3 would have to be the scene where in ep 14, Yeoreum celebrated Taeha's bday & Taeha asking her abt her feelings // ep 10's "break up scene" // ep 11's campfire scene + yeoreum's breakdown (so so intense). & i rly have to mention I LOVE, LOVE the scene of yeoreum and taeha at the tripe store in ep 16 where she answered basically everything for him. Hilarious.

Learned from this drama, most significantly is that love is different for everyone, their views of it, but most importantly choose according to your heart and be truly yourself and you'll genuinely happy regardless of any quarrels etc.

The scene I cried the most: When Yeoreum celebrated Taeha's bday & that bday flashback scene came on. I literally just cried at their beautiful memory and how they still are so sincere with one another despite it all.

Not really alternate scenario, just more Taeha and YR's happy moments!! XD

Without even thinking, fav character goes to Kang Taeha. His character is the best developed and most compelling change from my pov. Really felt like I really grew with him. I ended the drama with the feeling that it's amazing a male lead can go through SO MUCH and such an intense growth.

I really miss the drama :( It's Monday tmrw but...

@kdramafangirlz where did you get your icon? It's so pretty I want one. I have avoided watching the last episode, though I've read spoilers and seen just enough clips -how awesome and adorable and cute and perfect and just them was that reunion? I don't care if they NGed it made it all the more perfect for me. Omo it was just too cute! Tae Ha was trying to play hard to get but was just so happy and giddy that she came to him to start again that he couldn't help but smile and such. The moment she showed stepped into his picture (such a great throw back to their first fated meeting) he was a goner-to know what happens. Anyways, I am re-watching the show from the beginning (I know I need to find a way to move on) and I'm on episode 6 now. Watching it all knowing how it ends, all I can think is "damn how did these two get past everything and chose to be together again??" I mean I now how but wow Yeo Reum really had a lot of negative feelings towards Tae-Ha and he was just so damn arrogant and sure of himself at times. The two really did mature throughout the series and it's just so nice to watch it all again and try to pin point moments where feelings, realizations, understanding, etc began to change on both sides. 

Guys please please help. I am looking for a screen shot from the finale. Not of the reunion kiss, but right after the kiss when Tae-Ha is holding Yeo Reum face between his hands and looking at her so lovingly. I think it's an official still and I want it to make pretty things but for someone reason can't find it. I believe it was posted her before by @kdramafangirlz but I've gone back pages and still can't find it. Could some be a dear and direct me to where I may find it or ya know help my lazy self out and just repost it. Thank a jabillion.
*goes back to re-watching and writing midterm papers*

1. crying taeha oppa at the hospital. eric did a very great job in that.. i cried with him. he looks matured and sincere at that time. (ep9)2. sol unnie-yoon director-dojoonho oppa scene at the cafe. i just love the whole scene especially when sol unnie tell eungyu's gf about eungyu. (ep9)3. ending scene. its just too sweet n yeorum unnie looks sparkling (ep16)
What are the things you learned from this show?
fall in love at the first sight can be as simple as abc123, can also be the sweetest one :D
What was the scene that made you cry the most?
taeha oppa crying at the hospital. i truly feel him. 
Do you have an alternate scenario?
i wish to see taeha oppa and yeorum unnie more after the series ended. especially scene with their bunny. (i missed that bunny) and their dream house that taeha oppa sketch it before.
Who is your favorite character? and why?
taeha oppa, i just love him. he's funny, mature, sexy, manly, caring, have a great career, love yeorum unnie so much. and i love the bunny, i wish i could see more that cute bunny!!

[Request] Mention of Eric in acting-dol evaluation article

※ From October 10th

A report card on acting idols from experts

Idol stars these days have taken over the small screen, playing roles in dramas during all seven days of the week.

The good thing about using idol stars as actors is that producers can easily tap into a pool of fresh faces while at the same time they can guarantee a fair amount of attention. Some, however, don’t like the idea of non-professional idol stars taking up all the main lead spots.

Idols are criticized too much because they’re idols, while at the same time they get too much support because they’re idols. We chose 8 idol stars who received the most media attention out of all the stars that acted in a drama in September, and asked popular culture experts for their evaluations.

(On photo:

Report card of acting idols (Ranked by score)

Mun Junghyuk - He’s become a seasoned actor that can pace leisurely through a drama. He’s no longer Shinhwa’s Eric; he’s actor Mun Junghyuk. He successfully put on the role of an able man who obsesses over a relationship that’s already over.

[Omit])

SourceMBN Star
Credit: Shinhwa Stuff

VeJx9tG.png

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE WAY THEY HELD AND SMILE AT EACH OTHER CAN WE. /going crazy/ /squealing/

@MrsSoJiSub‌ there its under the spoilers tab! Its not an official still i screenshot and edited it actually :) as for my icon it's an official still i posted on pg 168/9 i think! @czakhareina‌ posted it too. I just edited it a bit in its effects heh.

kdrama withdrawal is such a b**ch!!!the last time I had it this bad was with Answer me 1994!!!tumblr_mxbb6vTZ2x1r1uzm3o1_500.gif

all is perfectly laid out with a red bow of love wrapping... all is happy and have an ever after...but the feels from withdrawal is bad...they were just awesome!!!tumblr_ndchxcEYOx1rvbzggo2_r1_500.gif
but I am thankful that you guys still linger here, at least I am not alone in my insanity (?)hahahahatumblr_nd6kb2jwlI1rs3l09o2_250.gif tumblr_nd6kb2jwlI1rs3l09o7_250.gif
anyway here are my answers to my own questions
Break up SceneThere was just something raw about Taeha finally realizing what love, his taking for granted YR, his past hallow words of love, his. and Him to finally come face-to-face with YR to finally and totally break up to close that chapter of their relationship for healing for both of them. For it was like he was giving Yeorum the much needed comfort he was not able to give. it was 5 years too late but I think he knows YR as much as herself that even though it was 5 years too late, he knew she needed it...Reunion meeting at the hotelThat honest proposal of wanting her again. the looks he gave her was awesome!Sol giving Director Yoon about the old saying that can be interpreted in a different way"there are so many fishes in the see" I don't think I will look at that phrase the same way...
What are the things you learned from this showsome dramas showed that love means holding on against all odds. other teach about love letting go and setting free. other showed about love that stands by like the perfect 2nd lead. but this drama taught me that love is all about those done at the right time, letting go when the time is right, holding on at the right time and standing by like a friend at the right time and creating your own destiny at the right time. 
What was the scene that made you cry the mostBreak up scenesame reason as I posted above. Eric and and Yumi really had a great chemistry and the emotions in their eyes was just awesome.
Do you have an alternate scenarioI like Yoon Ah In but it would have been epic that the guy who went to Yeorum's shop to get lessons and flirt with Yeorum was Lee JIn Wooktumblr_m8pvi72Uy51rzlda8o1_250.gif tumblr_m8pvi72Uy51rzlda8o6_250.gif

Who is your favorite character? and why?I love Taeha. He was the perfect caricature cut-out Kdrama her. Handsome, rich, arrogant that thinks he can get what he wants just being being who he is. but through the course of the series, he was the one that had so much character progression from learning, realizing, and changing to the better for LOVE. I understand YeorumShe is a little anti-heroine. Selfish, manipulative, smart, and she stayed true to form as she learned and fleshed out her feelings as two awesome guys fought for her. She stayed true to her heart, she loved two guys, she doesn't make excuses for herselfI was confused of Hajin.He was your perfect 2nd lead. Kind, understanding and handsome. He wanted to know something but he wanted to stay blinded by what is nagging him. He has so many baggage that sometimes I wondered what baggage he was carrying.I did not know much about Ahrim.She was just a girl Hajin knows and cares for as a dongsaeng. She had a little crush with Hajin and she had some spunk. but that was all.I adore Sol.She was crazy, loud and honest. She was one of the good characters in this drama. She was loyal to friends and just says what she feels is right. so how can I not adore her totally.JoonHo is funny.He is the adorkable oppa who is so clumsy. whatever he does I just laugh out loud. But among them, even though Taeha tugged my my heart to no end, and sol was by far such a perfect character. I have to say my fave is Director Yoon. He is a combination of employee, mother hen, hyung with awesome bromance, man child-- all in one. how can he not be my fave characater...

Phi said:

There's a survey for director cut for Discovery of Romance on its naver fansite cafe.naver.com/discoveryoflove
If you're interest, please enter there.   If not, just leave your reply here and I can pass it onto SERA216 to enter on our behalf.
I think director cut often run about $100 compared to the regular ones?

Guest aniyong

Wow @phi that is expensive! I still have to squeeze in a budget for shinhwa's concert dvd :( what do you get from director's cut, why is it so costly?

Also regarding the 'I love you' word, yes I think he didnt ever tell YR those words, not face to face at least.

Some may get embarrassed by my question, but the kissing scene at the ending, was it a deep kiss or is it some kind of camera trick, where eric's jaw is just moving but their mouth is actually closed. Sorry, but the shot was so far I cant really see it. And after all those so many heated moments between the 2, we the viewers are entitled for a proper deep kiss you know. Hehe.

My answers .. @czakhareina

I like all characters in this drama (the cast were very well chosen to fit their character, that is why) but of Kang Tae Ha the most as I see him as a mature young man from the beginning and continue to grow into a fully mature man along the road. This guy is cool at the outside. He acts cool. But he is a warmth and caring inside. I may be bias here as I personally like this type of man. He acts or secretly doing for YR more than he expresses verbally (that was why girl/YR did not understand him before they broke up).

Scene I cried the most: I did not really cry but got my heart ached every times my Tae Ha sobbed. I felt his pain. In my opinion, Eric really suits to be chosen as Kang Tae Ha.

What I learnt from this drama: … “Mother knows best”… kkkkk

Yeo Reum’s mother knows that her daughter does not really love Ha Jin. That is the reason she has YR pay for tuition, room rental , etc. to her. She wants her daughter to save up money, of course. But one thing more important is for YR to not rush into marrying HJ. She might even know that YR still has feeling for TH (she did not seem surprise when YR mentioned that she meet TH in ep. 15 and in ep.16 she hinted to YR not to feel guilty for leaving HJ and to pursue new love with TH). I believe that she knows that only Tae Ha can deal with Yeo Reum. He knows who and how she is. He accepts her as herself. He is the one who can bring out the best of YR. Who else a mother would want for her daughter to be happy and comfortable with? 

Ha Jin’s mother knows that YR does not really love her child, HJ. That was why she never liked YR (as she said in ep.16). 

My favorite scene: all of them and particularly the last scene which made me smile thinking of them up until the moment I am typing here. I am re-watching here and there .. and here and there .. happily by myself (as I told my family member that this drama is my most favorite .. don't you dare talk with me while I am watching. I want to absorb the feellll ... ha) 

Worry : I am worry for Joon Ho and Sol relationship. Sol turns from cool to obsess (as JH said to HJ during HJ drunk scene at his apartment in ep.16). So I worry that they will run into problem without us seeing (as the show already ended ..ha…ha).

Don’t like: Manager Jung Mok’s make up when he went on a blind date. It was too thick and white. So he is less cute in my eyes .. :) 

By the way, Eun-Gyu should use less pink/red lipstick. That lipstick color of his / his lips really annoy me more than anything else. Also, I think Gu Won is new. So I won't make any comment on his performance ( I can let it HJ .. ooops .. let it slide !!) 

@czakhareina, after i noticed yr gif, i just want to rewatch INR2 kkkkk....
They have so many making out scenes.. This writer nim tortured us when she only gave us 3 intense kiss between TH and YR.
It's really hard to resist those 2 hot guys! For me, Eric is more irresistible than LJW :D

Btw, was Yumi doing cameo in Reply Me 1994?

rainbowhunter said: @czakhareina, after i noticed yr gif, i just want to rewatch INR2 kkkkk....
They have so many making out scenes.. This writer nim tortured us when she only gave us 3 intense kiss between TH and YR.
It's really hard to resist those 2 hot guys! For me, Eric is more irresistible than LJW :D

Btw, was Yumi doing cameo in Reply Me 1994?

czakhareina said: [Request] Mention of Eric in acting-dol evaluation article

※ From October 10th

A report card on acting idols from experts

Idol stars these days have taken over the small screen, playing roles in dramas during all seven days of the week.

The good thing about using idol stars as actors is that producers can easily tap into a pool of fresh faces while at the same time they can guarantee a fair amount of attention. Some, however, don’t like the idea of non-professional idol stars taking up all the main lead spots.

Idols are criticized too much because they’re idols, while at the same time they get too much support because they’re idols. We chose 8 idol stars who received the most media attention out of all the stars that acted in a drama in September, and asked popular culture experts for their evaluations.

(On photo:

Report card of acting idols (Ranked by score)

Mun Junghyuk - He’s become a seasoned actor that can pace leisurely through a drama. He’s no longer Shinhwa’s Eric; he’s actor Mun Junghyuk. He successfully put on the role of an able man who obsesses over a relationship that’s already over.

[Omit])

SourceMBN Star
Credit: Shinhwa Stuff

Archived