[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be watching ep 3 and 4 this weekend.

Am I the only one who didn't see the great love that SH and HJ were supposed to have. I found HJ a weak person, who is someone that can't be relied on. By her attempting to commit suicide was a very selfish act. I understand the reason she did it, but I don't agree with it. If SH was truly in love, she wouldn't have wanted to put SH in that emotional state of being guilty of killing his wife

Side note...CJW and KSW Can just be on the screen and just stare into each other's eyes and I would still watch this. They have an electrifying screen presence 8->

nabuta2 said: I'll be watching ep 3 and 4 this weekend. Am I the only one who didn't see the great love that SH and HJ were supposed to have. I found HJ a weak person, who is someone that can't be relied on. By her attempting to commit suicide was a very selfish act. I understand the reason she did it, but I don't agree with it. If SH was truly in love, she wouldn't have wanted to put SH in that emotional state of being guilty of killing his wife Side note...CJW and KSW Can't just be on the screen and just stare into each other's eyes and I would still watch this. They an electrifying screen presence 8->

@Lmangla  or it is trend of fashion ? ....someone notice JDG also wear this in the drama ka..
HeSUb2.jpg

BTS pic LguMj3.jpg

for me...SH and SY  chemistry superb....I found that they sit and talk to each other  a meter distant still feel something spark more than SH hug HY in bed. 

@maddymappo.I agree - I don't think the wife was in her right mind when she made the suicide attempt and even though that started everything it's not really the incident in iteself that make her come out bad - it's her reactions and decisions afterwards. The suicide she did out of desperation and I think you are totally right but it's her not able to take responsibility for her own part in what happened because of that suicide. HJ kept being passive-aggresive towards SH after he accepted that proposal not accepting that she drove him to it. Then she accepted that job from MW as a 'revenge' of sort or at least because she was mad at her husband and she accepted the job without even consulting him about it. I know it was probably only meant as a joke but I thought it was very saying of her character in episode 4 when SH caught her smiling and drinking wine with MW in the evening that on their way home SH apologized but instead of saying she was sorry too then she just said;"I'm not sorry for anything." I know it was played as a laugh but underneath that laugh I thought it spoke so much truth about her character - she push the blame away from herself. I think it was @Lmangla who took notice of this on page 36 too :).
@mi2u2.I totally agree with most of your post beside maybe not entirely with this."Laughing with Min-woo isn't cheating to her, but a form of relief."
I think she's without doubt aware of what she's doing is wrong - that's why she was so careful with MW in the first two episodes. Her guilty look when SH came to the house seeing the scene of her drinking wine with MW is also proof of her knowing she did something wrong. The same goes for SH - when he decided to help SY instead of just going directly to his wife he knew it was not right thing to do to his wife - his guilty look at the end of episode 4 prove that.I also do think that HJ's relationship with Roy is wrong in itself because she's not his mother and never will be unless she plans on divorcing SH and marrying MW or adopting Roy with SH which would (in my opinion) be ridiculous. HJ is 'using' Roy to fill her void of having lost a child and acts like his mother instead - which will only hurt him and herself for that matter later. It's okay for her to help Roy as a teacher or just an adult but to act as a mother is wrong - she should not give him the wrong impression and should have explained to him that she cannot really be his mother when she had the chance with the drawing he did.

I've already seen all up to the latest episode and was wondering.. WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY LIVING?! They seeem to have a very very small planet that they kept on bumping into each others business (as in every time! like they are the only people living in this world!)

And I think Eun Hye made a right choice in turning down this project. I can't picture her as Sang woo's wife. Park Ha Sun is doing a great job. What anoys me sometimes is Choi ji woo's fashion style. It's a bit distracting. She went to a meeting with the executives (in hong kong) looking like Cyndi Lauper. HELLLO STYLIST!!!! She's a freaking bosss!!!! (0.0)

SH and HJ are full of love for each other that it kills them both to see them with others. Trust is weak.

xxxzxxx said: @maddymappo.I agree - I don't think the wife was in her right mind when she made the suicide attempt and even though that started everything it's not really the incident in iteself that make her come out bad - it's her reactions and decisions afterwards. The suicide she did out of desperation and I think you are totally right but it's her not able to take responsibility for her own part in what happened because of that suicide. HJ kept being passive-aggresive towards SH after he accepted that proposal not accepting that she drove him to it. Then she accepted that job from MW as a 'revenge' of sort or at least because she was mad at her husband and she accepted the job without even consulting him about it. I know it was probably only meant as a joke but I thought it was very saying of her character in episode 4 when SH caught her smiling and drinking wine with MW in the evening that on their way home SH apologized but instead of saying she was sorry too then she just said;"I'm not sorry for anything." I know it was played as a laugh but underneath that laugh I thought it spoke so much truth about her character - she push the blame away from herself. I think it was @Lmangla who took notice of this on page 36 too :).
@mi2u2.I totally agree with most of your post beside maybe not entirely with this."Laughing with Min-woo isn't cheating to her, but a form of relief."
I think she's without doubt aware of what she's doing is wrong - that's why she was so careful with MW in the first two episodes. Her guilty look when SH came to the house seeing the scene of her drinking wine with MW is also proof of her knowing she did something wrong. The same goes for SH - when he decided to help SY instead of just going directly to his wife he knew it was not right thing to do to his wife - his guilty look at the end of episode 4 prove that.I also do think that HJ's relationship with Roy is wrong in itself because she's not his mother and never will be unless she plans on divorcing SH and marrying MW or adopting Roy with SH which would (in my opinion) be ridiculous. HJ is 'using' Roy to fill her void of having lost a child and acts like his mother instead - which will only hurt him and herself for that matter later. It's okay for her to help Roy as a teacher or just an adult but to act as a mother is wrong - she should not give him the wrong impression and should have explained to him that she cannot really be his mother when she had the chance with the drawing he did.

@Maddymappo.I don't agree that HJ is only babysitting Roy - she's acting like his mother and staying at their house, HJ had the chance to gently explain that she has a family of her own and can't be his mother but she didn't. The boy draws a picture of her with his father and him as a loving family with hearts around them and instead of explaining that she cannot be his mother they both just praise him and encourage him even more to think that it's true.I did acknowledge that it was played as a joke and I agree she said it as a joke but I still feel underneath the laugh that it was very saying of her character. I do think she's constantly pushing the blame away from herself - she still has not accepted she played a huge part in her husband accepting the offer in Hong Kong.
The wine drinking incident was very wrong in my opinion. The context at which it's happening makes it even more wrong. Their marriage is falling apart and she sits there drinking wine in the evening laughing with another man who is clearly for all to see trying to seduce her instead of keeping it purely professionel. If you found your spouse - after having a huge fight with him and he moved out of the house - drinking wine with another woman openly trying to seduce him at her home where he's staying more time than at your own home wouldn't you be furious?. In my opinion it is a huge mistake especially considering the circumstances. 
I think her change of character after she got home from Hong Kong along with her symbolic haircut is a good indication that she accepted the job offer out of spite. In the first two episodes she was very careful with MW and tried to not give out the wrong impression but after the Hong Kong trip she changed and accepted his offer - it clearly seems out of spite. I'm pretty sure she would not have accepted the offer had the Hong Kong incident not happened and if it had not been out of spite she would not have accepted it the way she did without even consulting him and then make it known about her staying out of the house the way she did.
EDIT: Tha Heck am I getting an off-topic for?

What Did Choi Ji Woo Use For Her Lips In Drama ‘Temptation’?

Source: BNTNews

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

[by Cho Suyoun] Trendsetter Choi Ji Woo’s lip makeup in ‘Temptation’ has drawn audiences’ attention.

Actresses’ makeup in drama or movies always attracts female audiences’ attention. This time, Choi Ji Woo is discussed among audiences. Since last week, Choi Ji Woo is starring in drama ‘Temptaion,’ in which she plays rich and luxurious CEO Yoo Se Yeong.

Since the 1st episode was aired, her style and makeup have spread on the Internet. Among all, her lip makeup has caught women’s eyes as it brightens Choi Ji Woo’s character.

According to Choi Ji Woo’s artist Park Jung Won, the product she uses for the actress is cosmetic brand NARS’ ‘Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl.’ The makeup artist emphasized that this red colored lip crayon makes Choi Ji Woo look more modern and highlights her porcelain skin. “It spreads like satin and creates soft and fine finish up,” added Park Jung Won.

The ‘Velvet Matte Lis Pencil Dragon Girl’ is now available in NARS stores. (photo by SBS ‘Temptation,’ NARS)

Guest mi2u2

Thank you to all comments. I really enjoy everyone's insight and love reading them all

I think that's one good thing about this drama aside from the superb performance of the actors and actresses.  It drives us all making assumption, and prediction of how the characters are.  For HJ at the scene where she had wine with MW, then her husband came. At that moment, I think HJ's looked was more afraid of her husband would be misunderstanding because MW and her only chit chat. That's why she said she had nothing to sorry about.  She felt that she didn't do any adultery. She probably think that a man and a women has to be in bed  in order to consider cheating or adultery. Same goes to SH at the hospital scene.  Both SH and HJ had the looked of more afraid their spouse would prejudge and make assumption of lies and cheating. I would think SH did the right thing of helping SY in return, regarding letting her know about attorney Choi, and the business meeting.  He did admitted that he was thankful to SY for helping him dept free, so he would do something to help in return even though she doesn't need his help.  SH and SY started to build feelings for one another without realizing it or admit it.  I would think SH and SY are more compatible. They both are very ambitious in business to be successful.  They have trust each other more. 

For HJ, the synopsis stated that her character is understanding and for giving, but in reality it's the opposite.  The scar that she had regarding SH and SY in HK would never be erased completely.  It always be hidden in her mind one corner and whenever she sees SH and SY together the thought of cheating popping up even though nothing had ever happened.  I don't think this relationship can be saved. Like many of the posters' comments have mentioned.  A broken glass can never be put back together like it used to be.

I'll be waiting for next ep. Love the drama so far. Keep up the good work Temptation's team!!!!!

Guest wutmuvi

Don't we all wish, whenever we have a fight with our spouse, we could reconcile so quickly and sweet like this?

343itcx.jpg

:P the easiest way for this married couple to break up is the lingering doubt which HJ has for her husband. if SH continues to feel worried for SY, little things such as texting, coming to rescue her in the company adding the unexpected chanced meetings will all result to deeper development of relationship between SH and SY. 
I guess SH will be working for SY in the coming episodes and if this happens, I don't see the marriage will survive. The pull of attraction is already enveloping SH and SY, while MW with his charms will work it's way up to HJ's vulnerability. Well, still skeptical if HJ will be tempted but one thing is sure, she will continue to be obstinate, her judgment will be clouded by jealousy and madness whenever SY is around. Her frustration to have her own child will grow, she will want that baby more now to fill her emptiness like @xxxzxxx has mentioned. a decision that should be both agreed by husband and wife which I think SH will stay firm in his decision not to have one considering her health.
I am very interested in the story of Min Woo and his wife and how they will continue to be a couple in the midst of him not satisfied with only his wife, his wife finding a son from another woman and a mother in law who keeps on nagging at the side. The wife has a lot in her plate, so to speak. Add to it her low self esteem and insecurity.

Archived