Cast:

Ruby Lin (林心如) as Tang Jia-Ni

Leroy Young (楊一展) as Fang Wei-De

Tiffany Hsu (許瑋甯) as Zheng Rui-Rui

Melvin Sia (謝佳見) as Wang Jun-Jie

Jason Tsou (鄒承恩) as Ding Guo-Qing

Queenie Tai (戴君竹) as Ge Qing

Ke Shu Qin (柯淑勤) as Linda

Dylan Kuo (郭品超) as Jia-Ni's boy friend (Cameo)

Synopsis:

While in college, Tang Jia Ni (Ruby Lin) falling in love with her schoolmate(also neighborhood) Fang Wei De (Weber Yang) after she agrees with Wei De’s idea of an eye for an eye, when she catches her boyfriend cheating with another girl. However, broader events intervene in their romance: during the historic 921 earthquake in Taiwan, Jia Ni's friend Wang Jun Jie (Melvin Sia) loses both of his legs. Out of obligation and compassion, Jia Ni decides to marry Jun Jie. When Jia Ni and Wei De run into each other again in 2008, she is a married woman and he is about to walk down the aisle. They are still in love but part as friends. But when fate brings the two back together at another wedding in 2013, will they make the same decision?

Cherish every moment, even if you’ll lose it in the end, don’t let it become a regret.
Watch it here with English subs!

Raw Preview:

OSTs:

Opening theme: Elva Hsiao - Romance Arrives

Closing theme: Zhou Ying Jie - Let's Not Be Friends Anymore

Eve Ai - I Don't Know What is Love

Hu Xia - Where Are You?

Eve Ai - If From This

Wang Leehom - Loving You is Loving Myself

Wang Leehom - Revolving

Viewership Ratings:

Episode 1 (July 19, 2014): 0.46 (1st place of current dramas - GO, Single Lady 真愛遇到他)Episode 2 (July 26, 2014): 0.62 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 3 (August 2, 2014): 0.71 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 4 (August  9, 2014): 0.79 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 5 (August  16, 2014): 0.74 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 6 (August  23, 2014): 0.61 (2nd place of current dramas)
Episode 7 (August  30, 2014): 0.93 (1st place of current dramas)Episode 8 (September 6, 2014): 0.99 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 9 (September 13, 2014): 1.35 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 10 (September 20, 2014): 1.37 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 11 (September 27 2014): 1.63 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 12 (October 4, 2014): 1.46 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 13 (October 11, 2014): 1.55 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 14 (October 18, 2014): 1.87 (1st place of current dramas)
Episode 15 (October 25, 2014): 1.72 (2nd place of current dramas)
Episode 16 (November 1, 2014): 2.30 (1st place of current dramas)
Average Ratings: 1.19 (1st place of current dramas)

Additional Links:
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 Viki English Subbed EpisodesThe Way We Were 十六個夏天 Official Facebook Page
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 Official TVBS Website
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 Raw Episodes
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 Viewership Ratings
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 Episode Recaps
The Way We Were 十六個夏天 OST downloads

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama characters/plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• 2 months later...

Watched the first episode, the pilot episode is very solid, it really create a great old-school vibe without making it look too "intentional", they're pretty on spot with the props and the outfits, the placement feels natural, like they're really in that era. I LOVE the natural chemistry between Leroy Young and Ruby Lin, they're slightly a bit too old to be college students (Ruby Lin look really young and cute with her mushroom hair though, hahaha) but I feel they did a great job portraying their characters, strong acting from both the leads. I'm surprised to hear Leehom Wang's classic songs used as the BGM but it feels soooooo right as during that era, David Tao and him were literally the hottest soloist at that time. 
The cinematography is really beautiful and pleasant to watch, I love the coloring of this drama. TVBS dramas have great cinematography, just like Rock N Road. I also love the voiceovers narration in this drama, emphasizing on the theme "loss and regrets". The overall vibe is definitely very different from In A Good Way as that drama has a younger feel with freedom and first love as the central plot but this drama feels like more mature and the atmosphere actually kinda remind me of K-drama Reply 1994/1998 series but it's definitely not similar in terms of the overall vibe.
Dylan Kuo's cameo is wonderful, he's really on spot with the cheating boyfriend, make me wanna smack this guy, LOL! I love both of the leads, Tang Jia-Ni is such a storm to watch, she's so fierce and cute at the same time, hahaha. 
My favorite songs from Leehom Wang are all featured in this drama, Sony music is the sponsor for the BGMs of this drama so it's quite understandable that they include Leehom Wang's song, so fitting for this drama.
Leehom is so young in this MV and now he's still as handsome as ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanfan

I like this premise. Already have too many dramas too watch but I'm a sucker for these types of plots lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ruby Lin is pointed to criticise Weber Yang had poor wine tasting skills?

ruby.jpg

The rumours between Taiwanese male star Weber Yang (楊一展) and Ruby Lin (林心如) started to circulate after filming the series, The Way We Were (16個夏天). However on one day, Ruby was pointed to criticise Weber had poor wine tasting skills and purposely created some rumours. Weber responded to the rumours when attending an event: "I believe everyone can see the friendship and the groundless rumour will not destroy the friendship at all. Also, we kept in contact all along."

Source: ON.CC (HK)

Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Archived