[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

I'm really thankful that we only spend one episode for the amnesia. I can't take to see LG being rude to MY because I used to see him as a kind and gentle husband for her.. Oh no! need to brace myself for tomorrow's episode :(
Thank you so much @ChelseaS @ruzikie @anopinion @jeonghyang @tinatrix236 for the recaps and screencaps.Sigh..I need to wait for tomorrow to watch with eng sub. Okay, goodnight everyone! *doing snail sign*

MY is covered in blood, unconscious and in a collar. It will not be funny tomorrow. You can't chase after a woman who just had a miscarriage and expect all hot smooches!!!
Anyway are we sure the baby in the episode is not the baby moving away- fading into the distance- as that's the way they showed that she had a miscarriage? Just like in the TW drama?

that was the shortest amnesia plot ever in Kdrama land lol but i'm glad they didn't drag it until two episodes.

btw, If I'm not mistaken..the M scenario in original version also happened in episode 12, so prepare ourselves for tomorrow's episode chinggus :(

ck1Oz said: MY is covered in blood, unconscious and in a collar. It will not be funny tomorrow. You can't chase after a woman who just had a miscarriage and expect all hot smooches!!!
Anyway are we sure the baby in the episode is not the baby moving away- fading into the distance- as that's the way they showed that she had a miscarriage? Just like in the TW drama?

Actually today's episode isnt as bad as I feared. To me it is Good becoz the amnesia didnt last long.I guess Gunnie was crying at the end when he recovered his memory becoz he felt bad for being MEAN to MY earlier. Having found his newly felt love for MY, he must have felt sorry for being harsh and cold towards her.
BTW, the baby MY is carrying in the preview could be her sister's as she's staying with her mum still.
I am all prepared for the worse for tomorrow 's ep though.

ck1Oz said: MY is covered in blood, unconscious and in a collar. It will not be funny tomorrow. You can't chase after a woman who just had a miscarriage and expect all hot smooches!!!

Guest notesinascale

So basically this episode added nothing to the story other than unnecessary drama. It's a huge disappointment, the writers had many issues to choose that could come between the couple and that would actually make sense but they chose amnesia. One on hand I'm glad it's dealt with in an episode, on the other hand I feel cheated as a viewer. You can't just throw a random amnesia storyline just to get some cheap melo. It's sad because the drama so far has been anything but disingenuous. But in this episode the writers were like "You're supposed to feel sad for them and cry" but I wasn't feeling it because it felt forced.

FTLY 5th in nate search rankings, above IOTL in 7th, but JG is in 2nd. Just for a while though, but I managed to get a screenshot :))
ftlysearchranking2.jpg

It was 1st for a while I think, I need to see if I can find screenshots...OK, it WAS 1st in drama search rankings: (note the arrow)ftlysearchranking3.jpg
The first is now Iron Man? Probably because it cast a new actor?

i'm especially feeling so sad over the disease Lee Gun has ( the one that @ck10z mentioned) , that disease is incurable and scary ( the manifestation include involuntary movement, dementia, and behavioral changes ),why writer-nim? of all the diseases exist in this world?? but at least Gun's wish to live 20 more years is highly possible as the patient of this disease mostly survived 10-25 yrs after the onset well, this episode is not so bad after all, better preparing myself for tomorrow..

I am not sure what happens in the preview.. if MY holding the baby that Gun sees is her sisters baby that he delivered or a dream.. But we do see that she is seriously hurt and begging Gun to save the baby I think but it can't be done and she looses it. I think the hospital scene when he shows up with the lollipop is after the miscarriage and later when she leaves because in her mind there is nothing left to fight for or stay for with the baby gone and she is hurt and angry that he did not try and save their child, you can see her pain as she clutches her chest but he found her more important then the child's life but she will not see that at that time.

Some reason for me I blame the Secretary , the doctor , his granny and even MY for not telling the man the truth and trying to spare him.(His family and wife should have been the ones around him the most not Se Ra!)  Sure you did not want more to happen with his illness but all they did is allow him to find out on his own and make the wrong assumptions based on what he read in the media and then he says things he prolly should not have to MY who because of who she is takes them to heart.

Then at the end when he finally gets it all back after looking at the lollipop (MY again helps him) and realizes that Se Ra left him and that he was starting to care for MY and that he realized he has lost something special and was falling for her he leaves with Se Ra trying to ask him to not go but he tells her right he has lost something and that of course is his wife.

But it is a bit too late now.. as he flashes to their times together to her removing her ring to shield him yet again knowing she is acting like a post it and not super glue..he cries because he finally realizes how much he cares and what he has lost.

I am sure what happens next is him going to her if Se Ra has not beat him to it and MY ends up hurt..

Love the way they did this episode.. even though the real angst is coming in the next episode and I will be tearing up just like in the original when the same thing happen around the same episodes.. I think the writers and the PD have done an amazing job on this version of the story.

So I am looking forward to getting past Thursday's episode and seeing MY growing and finding herself before Gun shows up again and tries to win her back.. I know those scenes will be funny.. I wonder if she will go to another country or just move back to the island? Will Daniel take her away or will she stay with him? I can't wait to find out how the rest of the story unfolds.

Guest chunnogirl33

@notesinascale‌ I think the problem is they needed Geon to be harsh to MY and without amnesia it wouldn't be believable anymore. Also, isn't it a symptom of his illness? I still can't predict this drama even knowing the original's plot. I appreciate that.

Some thoughts about today's episode.

I liked today's episode in showing how MiYoung is more confident and sturdy. She didn't get scared off even when Gun didn't recognize her, she didn't just back off when Sera (richard simmons! oops sry..) yelled at her, she had faith in LG, in their relationship. She was strong and I loved it. I almost feel like this amnesia episode was more for MY's character...we were used to seeing her afraid and cautious, but today she was sad but strong and confident. 
Also loved how LG was still LG after losing his memory. Yes, there were moments when he was mean to MY, but that was still not beyond-human-manner-jerk-richard simmons-douchebag mean. He kept his manner, and he kept his cheerful tension...even when he realized him losing memory 'may' be a sign of his disease. That's a grim fact to realize, but Gun dealt with it with the manner we expect from Gun.
And it was total awwwwww......when LG asked MY her name, MY says Kim MiYoung, LG says it sounds familiar, MY says it's a common name haha, and LG says "The fact that it's common means a lot of people like that name, so have some pride. Don't get complex about it." and I was like awwwwwwwwwww it's Gun...! Memory loss or not, it's our Gun....!!!! It wasn't said in the sweeeet tone he did in Macau, he was rather blunt in saying it, but he was still our Gun who looks at the world with such warm view...!

Guest notesinascale

chunnogirl33 said: @notesinascale‌ I think the problem is they needed Geon to be harsh to MY and without amnesia it wouldn't be believable anymore. Also, isn't it a symptom of his illness? I still can't predict this drama even knowing the original's plot. I appreciate that.