[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

This one is from KDrama Stars , more comprehensive I think~

class="at_ttl"Jang Nara's Fantasy Romance Proves Age Is Just A Numberjang-nara.jpg?w=600

After delighting audiences as the cheerful post-it girl Kim Mi Young in "Fated To Love You," actress Jang Nara has decided to do another romantic comedy. Only this time the comedy will feature an element of fantasy.

Her new rom-com is "Mr. Baek." At the start of "Mr. Baek" her character Eun Ha Soo is a temporary worker just like Kim Mi Young was. Eun Ha Soo's father died and she must struggle to make a living. She works long days and keeps switching jobs, eager to earn a few extra pennies in wages. Despite the tough living conditions, like Kim Mi Young, she is ever optimistic and cheerful. Eun Ha Soo finally lands a full time job and in true Candy Girl fashion falls in love with the president of the company. There's only one problem. And it's the big age gap between them. The man she falls in love with is in his 70s.

Through some magical intervention, the company president gets another chance at youth and love, returning to his 30-year-old body. While quite a few k-dramas have recently focused on romances in which the leading actors have a significant age difference, this age gap may be the biggest one yet.

Jang Nara's love interest is in his 70s, while she is only 33 and, with her huge doe eyes, looks even younger.  In her 2011 comedy "Baby Faced Beauty," she even played a 34-year-old designer, who is mistaken for a 25-year-old.

It was the odd but intriguing fantasy element of the drama that interested Jang Nara and prompted her to choose the role.

"I decided on my casting because the fantasy-romance genre and interesting storyline pulled me in," she said.

Thanks to magic, her 70-year-old love interest will not look 70. Shin Ha Kyun, who played legislator Kim Soo Young in "All About My Romance," plays  Choi Shin Hyung. Choi is the chaebol who thinks he has everything, money, position, power, but discovers that none of it compares to love. He finds out that youth is indeed wasted on the young who cannot truly appreciate it. The role was previously offered to Ji Chang Wook and Kim Nam Gil, both of whom declined.

Lee Sang Yeop, who directed "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" and "King's Daughter Soo Baek Hyang," will direct "Mr. Baek." Choi Joon Young, who wrote "Emergency Couple," will write the screenplay. The drama will premiere in November.
-----------
P.S. Too much reference to her role as Kim Miyoung :(( (I'm being sentimental again) One more thing, Ji Chang Wook and Kim Nam Gil are my fav actors, and tbh I'd much happier to see one of them as the co-lead of JNR ;AAA; I'm so sorry to all SHK fans~

@sooyoungdaebak‌ (Aww....these two! Btw, do you notice he place his hand on hers?)

I just notice from your picture. Love it. Thank you for the he said she said. Love them.

@gumi‌ o‌ops thank you for your correction. Guess since I never watched the dramas and only I read it I made that assumption without checking the information again. Silly me LOL

I had a good laugh when I woke up this morning. @onlykhj‌ Did you end up finishing the episode afterall? You were on a roll! :)) Oh you poor thing, now you have to endure AGAIN next week. *hugs* Thanks for the extensive preview!^^

I only pay attention to awards ceremonies if I actually watched and loved a drama, or if a favorite actor is attending. And I remember that 2011 was a great year for KBS. I'm happy for JNR and I hope she will have her own Daesang-winning moment some day too. I'm not so disheartened anymore (that didn't take very long, lol), I am forever thankful that the JJang Team reunion actually happened, and was loved at that. Snail Couple will live a very long time in my heart, and JH and JNR's chemistry will stay as one of the top ranks. Now, I'm anticipating the FTLY nominations. :)

And this made my day: 2zsv8d0.jpg (Sorry for the enormous size. I did all this on mobile, lol.) A little thank you to my Secret Snail, @Kdrama-lover‌‌. So, so sweet and precious, I smiled all the way through! ㅋㅋㅋ The ramyun kiss and opening shells!! Ah, so cute! It's so sweet of you to write in both English and Korean, warms my heart. The card is now propped on my bedside so I can see it first thing in the morning. Love you, love you!♡♡♡

Kdrama-lover said:

whoaaaaaah I'm sad with the fact Jang Nara has moved on this soon from FTLY. Maybe the script of her new drama is really really that interesting.. her new role is really really challenging, and stuff. but didn't JNR consider how about FTLY fans? it's just a month after FTLY has aired and will be at the same slot like FTLY on MBC and will be the one of competitors for FTLY in MBC awards later ..geez I feel so sad. I want Jang Nara took some months at least before new drama so that her reunion with Jang Hyuk after the freakin' 12 year would be way more memorable and special for fans. I can take it if it is a movie ..but a drama with 20 episodes right after her strong chemistry with Jang Hyuk and the awesome FTLY.. I can't ..really =((

@Cara thank your for your warm words, I' m feeling better right now, actually I felt better since last night, cuz I laughed like crazy. Belated thank you very much for @only1khj, I really love you dear..yess.guys, cheer up, don't waste our precious times worrying about the future ( MBC drama awards ) I believe our loves for FTLY will bring some good news , and if later the results will disappoint us, we surely can cry together, and give support to each other :x

Awww @Cara, I love you ♥ And all people here, you're the BEST indeed! Such a beloved family that I have this year and hopefully forever :x I'm dreaming about our family meeting someday, is that alright? But for sure, FTLY is always being my fav drama and the JJANGS will always remain in my heart ♥

Guest spideysteve

gumi said: I just randomly remembered 2011 KBS award ceremony.....all four of SSBG main actors were present then. JNR was there for Baby Face Beauty, Han Eun Jung and Ryu Soo Young there for...not really sure but some KBS drama I guess :P and Jang Hyuk came to that ceremony after he won an award in SBS, to be the presenter of Daesang as last year's awardee....and I think there was a photo where all four of them were present in one shot, and someone pointed out, "Oh look that's SSBG team!" Haha it was pretty impressive, to think that four rookie actors ten years ago have all continued their successful career and become established actors to all be invited to award ceremony...and I didn't even imagine that reunion would be happening in the future lol. 
I think I'd be so happy if I see JH JNR CJH WJW all together in one award ceremony some time in the future. And people would remember our FTLY again <3 

Guest rxthien

Oh well,
I was kinda shocked by the news that Jan Nara signed up for another drama already. The Snail Couple is so fresh in my mind just as my love for them. 
Jang Nara has not been around the Korean showbiz for a long time. Since her comeback was such a success with JH and "Fated to Love You", it would befitting for her to take up another opportunity when appropriate to further her presence in Korea. I don't blame her because majority of actor/actresses would do the same. They have a short limelight span where they can acquire the best work at their peak. Having said that, it still feels very empty since we will have to wish her the best as she moves on.

On second thought, JH has done the same thing. While starring in FTLY, he was also filming a movie. Right after the drama, he gets busy with other works, granted not as involved as a drama. JH may take it easy because he has a family. Interestingly, he also said he has no problem shedding his characters from one project to the next in short period of time. Likewise, Jang Nara is doing the same thing.
Well,...sad, but life goes on.
I don't want to have high hopes to see them at year-end-award neither. Partly because most actors/actresses tend not to attend unless they can help it. 
FTLY team, JJangs team, please prove me wrong at year-end!!!

:(( :((

Guest Kdrama-lover

I had a good laugh when I woke up this morning. @onlykhj‌ Did you end up finishing the episode afterall? You were on a roll! :)) Oh you poor thing, now you have to endure AGAIN next week. *hugs* Thanks for the extensive preview!^^

I only pay attention to awards ceremonies if I actually watched and loved a drama, or if a favorite actor is attending. And I remember that 2011 was a great year for KBS. I'm happy for JNR and I hope she will have her own Daesang-winning moment some day too. I'm not so disheartened anymore (that didn't take very long, lol), I am forever thankful that the JJang Team reunion actually happened, and was loved at that. Snail Couple will live a very long time in my heart, and JH and JNR's chemistry will stay as one of the top ranks. Now, I'm anticipating the FTLY nominations. :)

And this made my day:

2zsv8d0.jpg

(Sorry for the enormous size. I did all this on mobile, lol.)

A little thank you to my Secret Snail, @Kdrama-lover‌‌. So, so sweet and precious, I smiled all the way through! ㅋㅋㅋ The ramyun kiss and opening shells!! Ah, so cute! It's so sweet of you to write in both English and Korean, warms my heart. The card is now propped on my bedside so I can see it first thing in the morning. Love you, love you!♡♡♡

@songielove‌ , joeun achim chingu. ;) Am glad you liked it. ;) as I am almost an idiot in CG, I just pulled out all of my stock of stickers and printed some photos to make you a card somehow.

Juz look at it way past some of the mess (darn me for using mighty bond instead of glue gun for that rubber band I intended to be the string of ramyun to stretch from MYs mouth passing thru the snails and into LGs lips..:(( So maybe we could just considere that mighty bond mess sort of a soup mess or some transparent liquid from the snail, haha! :)). You also have to bear with the letter coz calligraphy even of the roman letters is not one of my stronger points (well let's not dig further to Chinese calligraphy with all those brush and ink! haha I barely passed those subjects in my primary..) So I just poured it all on my hangul message part., I know you like to see/read more of that, though..

Just want to shout out my thanks to @itzibitzispider‌ , for the awesome and meaningful activity she initiated and coordinated for us.:x

To avoid off topic, I love you FTLY! for me SNAIL COUPLE = #1!!!!!!!!

:-bd ^:)^ :x =D> :-* \:D/ 8->

In Mr. Baek, there's a character named Jung Lee Geon (정이건) which will be played by Jung Suk Won.

Am wondering what Eun Ha Soo (JNR's character) will be calling him 8-}

Guest spideysteve

rienn said: In Mr. Baek, there's a character named Jung Lee Geon (정이건) which will be played by Jung Suk Won.

Am wondering what Eun Ha Soo (JNR's character) will be calling him 8-}

Guest spideysteve

Ayame said: I guess I edited my last post too late, so I'll just ask again in a new post. Can someone tell me the name of Jang Nara's manager? I need to type his name in the cameo category, thanks. :)

After reading what Mustarini posted about JNR role for her new drama, I wish it has no resemblance to KMY character. Reading the similarities between her new character and previous made me wonder why she accepted it, since she just acted that similar character. I understand the entertainment industry limelight span but I wish her character is very different than what she just completed. Oh well, maybe I'm the only one who thinks she's "wasting" her incredible talent by repeating a similar role. MBC better not screw us from not giving deserving awards to JH and JNR for FTLY.  I hope they will win more than Best Couple award. 

Guest spideysteve

sooyoungdaebak said: After reading what Mustarini posted about JNR role for her new drama, I wish it has no resemblance to KMY character. Reading the similarities between her new character and previous made me wonder why she accepted it, since she just acted that similar character. I understand the entertainment industry limelight span but I wish her character is very different than what she just completed. Oh well, maybe I'm the only one who thinks she's "wasting" her incredible talent by repeating a similar role. MBC better not screw us from not giving deserving awards to JH and JNR for FTLY.  I hope they will win more than Best Couple award.