[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

@Lj 

Thank you for summing up everything ... summing up why I love the Korean version. It is not because the Korean version is funny or the leads are good looking. It is because the story is more matured and the characters are more likable. I still don't hate Se Ra. It still depends on what is gonna happen in the rest of the 10 episodes. If I stand in Se Ra's shoes, I would definitely be devastated too. Even though Se Ra wasn't giving her best in her relationship, now it is too late for her to realize. Everyone makes mistakes. She doesn't have the time to patch up anything. She is regretting and I love her. But if she dare do something inhuman, I would start disliking her. As long as she doesn't touch the boundary she is safe but who knows she might like stepping on the line just like Daniel.

It is obvious that comparisons would arise. I don't mind comparing as long as spoilers are not out. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun here. Besides I don't remember the story much either. I just skipped most of the parts in the TW version. But the Korean version, I think I might have watched every episode atleast 34524523 times 

:)

)

Yeah, all Se ra could do is to regret, from what I think in the last episode she is letting it go by the time goes by, but because if the stupid article, she really thought that she could still save LG, I don't blame her because she didn't know the real detail, because in the point of veiw of all the woman in the world, how can a woman like MY will sold her baby for money? I think Se ra wanted to know the truth As well and now that she realize that LG is in trouble she is willing to sacrifice her career. OMG I still pity her because she will lose her career at the same time the love that she is yearning for is not there anymore! I just hope that she will find her real oppa soon so she will get the love that she deserve because her step mother raise her badly....

@TeaHouse‌ I'm a huge fan of Jang Hyuk and Geon. But I recognize that his character is very atypical. He goes from crazy to obnoxious to lovable to sexy to pitiful quite seamlessly in my opinion. But, such a character is bound to bother some people. Hey even I, his adoring fan, feel disturbed by him sometimes. But I find that appealing. I don't expect everyone to do. I don't know if you know Jang Hyuk but I just want to put it out there that he "can" play normal people lol! So I assume that the reason Geon is how he is, is because the writers and directors adapting this drama, wanted him played that way.

I think we are on the same page :) I love JH since Successful Story of a Bright Girl. And watch all his movies and drama ever since. He is such an excellent actor..

gumi said: I saw some people commenting on LG and MY not having sex and finding weird...but isn't it also becuz of the baby? I heard for the first three months of pregnancy they need to be cautious and maybe restrain from sexual activities...or is it just a korean myth, something like fan death.......?

I'm watching "Thank You" now and all I do is wonder how handsome Jang Hyuk looks. See, I changed my ava too! Because he's so hot/cute/handsome/beautiful I just can't stop flailing like a stupid fangirl. How is it even possible to be so perfect? *faints*

Guest LadyAra

class="content-title" style="font-weight: 400; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Popular Drama “Fated to Love You” Stars Dress Up as High School Students During Parodies
2014.08.01_FTLY-group-photo.jpg
class="content-title" style="font-weight: 400; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; font-weight: 400;"On Episode 10 of MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama, “Fated to Love You” that aired July 31, the main characters portrayed by Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk were seen wearing high school uniforms. What drew attention, however, was the fact that they were each doing a parody of their past drama and movie, respectively. In this episode, Mi Young (portrayed by Jang Nara) and Lee Gun (portrayed by Jang Hyuk) were being followed by reporters after their contract marriage became known to the public. Mi Young was surrounded in her mom’s restaurant while Lee Gun was trapped in his home. Each character disguised themselves as high school students in order to escape and meet up with each other. [more]

gumi said: I saw some people commenting on LG and MY not having sex and finding weird...but isn't it also becuz of the baby? I heard for the first three months of pregnancy they need to be cautious and maybe restrain from sexual activities...or is it just a korean myth, something like fan death.......?

Guest marie21000

lclarakl said:

Although it's quirky, I really loved the Taiwanese version because it was heavy at time--realistic to life in some ways. It addressed some of the hard issues. I absolutely couldn't stand the male lead for several episodes, but the writer also made it where I could feel a sense of satisfaction when he saw the results of his actions. I also liked how it became a love story for several episodes until the end.

This Korean version, I am also absolutely LOVING!!! It's a fresh take on an old story. More than that, I absolutely love the male lead in this drama. I love how he's brought his own personality to the character. We have Geon's laugh in this drama, in the TW's version we had his surprised looks.  I love both male leads, but this drama has made me love the Geon more because at this point they haven't given us the same angst that existed in the TW version--he did some pretty mean things/cruel things. He was just as selfish as Anna (Se-Ra).

As for chemistry, I think chemistry of the leads exist in both dramas.  However, there is something about Geon that's raw that I just love. I love when he looks like he could eat her up with his eyes--all of which let us know how desperately he wants her.

They both standing on their own.  I compare it to the Playful Kiss dramas, I love all of them: Korean, Japanese (2nd version) and the Taiwanese--my favorite. The Taiwanese version because it tells a more complete, detailed story and the Korean because it looks so polished. The Japanese because it gives a combination of both. I feel similar about this drama, but thankfully, it's not over yet.  But I can tell if it keeps on this track I'll be rewatching several times.

@marie21000 I will respond the blacked out bits by saying that if what you've put in black comes true, my mood will the very opposite of black! :)
I do think that there is reason to believe that you may be right, including the fact that Se Ra is so much less unlikable than Anna, but that's also precisely why I'm afraid. I dread the idea that they're raising our hopes of a MAJOR departure from the original, one that so many people would LOVE to see, only to dash those hopes by including that plot element.  I won't rest easy until that point in the story is past, one way or the other. 

marie21000 said: lclarakl said:

Although it's quirky, I really loved the Taiwanese version because it was heavy at time--realistic to life in some ways. It addressed some of the hard issues. I absolutely couldn't stand the male lead for several episodes, but the writer also made it where I could feel a sense of satisfaction when he saw the results of his actions. I also liked how it became a love story for several episodes until the end.

This Korean version, I am also absolutely LOVING!!! It's a fresh take on an old story. More than that, I absolutely love the male lead in this drama. I love how he's brought his own personality to the character. We have Geon's laugh in this drama, in the TW's version we had his surprised looks.  I love both male leads, but this drama has made me love the Geon more because at this point they haven't given us the same angst that existed in the TW version--he did some pretty mean things/cruel things. He was just as selfish as Anna (Se-Ra).

As for chemistry, I think chemistry of the leads exist in both dramas.  However, there is something about Geon that's raw that I just love. I love when he looks like he could eat her up with his eyes--all of which let us know how desperately he wants her.

They both standing on their own.  I compare it to the Playful Kiss dramas, I love all of them: Korean, Japanese (2nd version) and the Taiwanese--my favorite. The Taiwanese version because it tells a more complete, detailed story and the Korean because it looks so polished. The Japanese because it gives a combination of both. I feel similar about this drama, but thankfully, it's not over yet.  But I can tell if it keeps on this track I'll be rewatching several times.

I love Jang Hyuk's laughter in whichever drama he's involved in. To me, he has his own "distinguished laughter".So to me, it seems the writer is milking it to the max as his Gun character is supposed to be eccentric! Like someone here, I too notice  that there are a few variations of his laughter to portray his moods which make his Gun character unique but lovable.
Jang Hyuk looks good in whatever hairstyle, even in IRIS 2! I guess there'll be another change of hairstyle to reflect the change of direction of the plotline.