[Drama 2014] Repentance / A New Leaf 改过迁善 개과천선

Guest yeohweping

Why do K-dramas always rush at the end and leave many things unresolved? Since 2 of the episodes of this drama have been cut, it is obvious that it will be wrapped up very quickly and with many issues undeveloped, which is so upsetting with such a good quality drama like this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChoBap

They had no choice here.... But I really felt that Park Min Young's role here was pretty extra. And it's not because of her acting or anything... I think the writer became lost as to where to fit her in.... As for the plot itself, I'm not worried about closure... but everything around it.... i'm not sure.... 
We really need a Season 2 :P

ChoBap said: They had no choice here.... But I really felt that Park Min Young's role here was pretty extra. And it's not because of her acting or anything... I think the writer became lost as to where to fit her in.... As for the plot itself, I'm not worried about closure... but everything around it.... i'm not sure.... 

Guest ChoBap

AmeldaL said: ChoBap said: They had no choice here.... But I really felt that Park Min Young's role here was pretty extra. And it's not because of her acting or anything... I think the writer became lost as to where to fit her in.... As for the plot itself, I'm not worried about closure... but everything around it.... i'm not sure.... 

Guest ChoBap

Yea.... they're pretty much booked for the rest of the year for sure... but more importantly, production wouldn't go through with it... 

Guest emmeo

I know KMM from this drama. I really like his acting. While waiting for ANL, i've looking for his old dramas. I watched King Of Dramas and Beethoven Virus. In KOD he had a love line & happy ending w the lead actress ( i suddenly forgot her name) In Beethoven Virus he had an open ending w Lee Ji Ah ( they only had a hug and hold hands, and an open ending here) But its still better than in ANL. I keep waiting for months for his love line w PMY in this dramas but less hopes week by week. This dramas is worth to watch bc of KMM, but i really want more ( yes, love) for his character. ( not love lines w JS, she appears after JY, how can the writer give SJ's love to her. I really can't stand that. Huhu.) ok, i'm pretty crazy since i cant have what i wish ( writer nim, its yours fault, huhu) But its still too soon to give up. We have the last ep tomorrow. We may have open ending again. And we can write our own stories for SJ & JY.

Guest adikkeluangman

Highlight for EP15.
JY-JW, she want to leave the firm and JW want to leave as senior counsel.

JY joined SJ office. Girl, she just walk in. So actually only two people work in the office. ST and P.Lee just helping around aight?
ST looks like he dont get home. They still call her Intern Lee.
SJ and dad bonding time a.k.a planned their strategy. Dad asked about SJ headache but he don't answer.

Guest adikkeluangman

More highlight videos for EP15
YW-JW against SJ. ST accompany SJ for a drink.

SJ told dad about his memory loss and dad loss word and cried after SJ left.

Is this a new start for SJ-JS? Looking forward for new case?

By this episode, how many people actually know about SJ loss memory. Mr. Cha, JY, JW. The Vice President, dad, JS. Did Sangtae know about it actually?
Oh Jung Se with his script for the last episode tonight.10450979_400866630054757_272993946698874

I really love the scene between JW and JY at the beginning... because he was so honest to her and we could really learn more about JW and his motivations why he made the decision to quit his job as judge. Besides, he was really kind to her and very comprehensiv. I even felt sorry for him because in fact, he is more isolated than KSJ. At least, KSJ had a friend and could speak frankly to him... JW is lonely and now, we can understand why he was interested in the intern.

When I reached the end of Episode 15, I was left thinking how much we're missing out on by losing those last two episodes. So much to wrap in one episode that pretty much every relationship, romantic or otherwise, is just going to have to be left open and not even close to resolved or established. Boo!

I waited two years to see PMY in another kdrama so when I found out she had chosen to be in A New Leaf with KMM I was ecstatic.  Can I say what a disappointment this series has been where PMY is concerned?  She had one episode to shine and a promising intro into KMM's character, SJ.....then nothing. Her character has been relegated to bystander status with not much of a chance to connect emotionally with SJ.  That position was given to SJ's fiancee, JS.  With SJ and JS trying to feel out their relationship for quite a few episodes, I could see the chances for JY dwindling by the minute.  She was given a few scenes to show a bit of jealously but the writers kept the feelings very one sided.  I tried to keep my hopes up but with this latest episode and the fact that there is only one show left....I have given up.
Should I place my bet on her getting together with JW who right now looks like he might need a moral compass?  They had a decent scene in the office but its too little too late. Such a shame that this series is being cut short.  The acting all around has been stellar with KMM's SJ front and center.  The legal battles have been noteworthy and engrossing so much so that I was interested more in the legal shenanigans behind the scenes than the personal relationships.....with the notable exception of the bromance/friendship.  
But in the end its the OTP that peaks my interest when I choose a Kdrama so when they are not given their due or for whatever reason the writer messes them up I can't but feel cheated.  I want to see my OTP in situations that spark their chemistry and I believe that KMM & PMY did have the potential to make SJ & JY special as a couple.  His character was so black and white while her character provided the right amount of naivete and moral fortitude to confuse him at times.  He needs to loosen up and JY would be perfect to do that....whereas connecting him with JS is boring.  This might be the first time I've watched a series where the second lead gets the guy and she wasn't written to be a shrew.  So as much as I enjoyed everything else about A New Leaf that fact ruined the rest of this series for me.

@mcdc Well, you're right by saying that they changed the importance of JY in the course of the drama. I was also expecting a romance between the two of them, but honestly at the end, it didn't bother me because the drama was focussing more or more on the justice system and economy which was interesting. Besides, the drama has become more critical and is pointing out about problems in our society: corruption, embezzlement, big law firms aso. And let's face it: it is also good that every drama has the same story, only the names are changing...
LAst week, I was talking about the title that even a new leaf could be applied to JY and JW. But in this episode, we could see that the prosecutor was even about thinking to quit her job as prosecutor. A case or an accident can have a huge impact on people...

I was reading the synopses again because I felt cheated with the love story between SJ and JY but there was never any romance between them. Not even in the synopses, It was always between SJ and JS and it was JW who has a crush on JY. They should have really given us some more on that part, especially when I saw the beginning of ep 15. Like @mcdc said she could be JW's moral compass plus they look good together.

Archived