Director: Lee Jung-Hyo
Writer: Lee Sun-Jung
Network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: April 14 - June 10, 2014
Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 22:00
Language: Korean

Plot

The new drama will be a remake of the 2009 Taiwanese drama Queen of No Marriage (also called My Queen), about a 33-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man juggling a romance in the workplace. The romantic comedy will be about two people who each have scars from past relationships, and the way their romance with each other heals those wounds.(credit: Dramabeans)

Drama series depicts a love story between Ban Ji-Yeon (Uhm Jung-Hwa) and Yoon Dong-Ha (Park Seo-Joon).

Ban Ji-Yeon is a single 39-year-old woman. She works as a reporter and is very enthusiastic about her work. So much so that she is often called a “witch” at work. She doesn't believe in true love, because of her past experience when her boyfriend disappeared prior to their wedding.

Yoon Dong-Ha is 25-year-old young man who runs a small errand center with his friend. The errand center will do pretty much anything including sending out someone dressed as Santa Claus or provide security for an idol star. He looks like a happy guy, but he lost his girlfriend by an accident. 

No Shi-Hoon (Han Jae-Suk) is a 41-year-old war photographer. He was Ban Ji-Yeon’s boyfriend ( credit AsianWiki)

Cast

http://static.dramastyle.com/images/1/5/9974/Witch-Romance__99.png
   Uhm Jung Hwa- Ban Ji yeon
   Park Seo Joon- Yoon Dong Ha
   Han Jae Seok- Noh Shi Hoon
   Jung Yeon Joo- Jung Eun-Chae
   Yang Hee Kyeong- Park Myung-Ja (Ji-Yeon's mother)
   Joo Jin Mo- Kwon Hyun-Seob (Ji-Yeon's boss)
   Jeon Mo Min- Kim Jung-Do
    Ra Mi Ran- Baek Na-Rae (Ji-Yeon's friend)

Posters

tumblr_n3au3tD0lJ1sdd1ivo5_540.png216_4_Witch_is_Romance-0004.jpghttp://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/javabeansdb/news/2014/14a/witchromance_3.jpg

Teasers

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm Jung-hwa headlines noona romance for tvN by girlfriday | February 19, 2014 | 65 Comments

UhmJungHwa_ParkSeoJoon1.jpg

Okay, more noona romance it is. You won’t hear me complaining. Though it does seem like cable stations tvN and JTBC are having some sort of inter-network pissing contest this year over whose noona-killer can out-romance the other, doesn’t it?

Full article: Dramabeans

class="entry-title"Uhm Jung Hwa, Park Seo Joon for ‘Witch’s Love’? Kaede Jun 18 February, 2014 Korean Drama, News Bits, Taiwanese Drama

uhmjunghwa_parkseojoon_witchlove
Casting is underway for the remake of My Queen! It will air on tvN after I Need Romance 3 (which means Gapdong-yi is airing after Emergency Couple) and is looking to get Uhm Jung Hwa (He Who Can’t Marry) and Park Seo Joon (Warm Word) as the leads. Ahhhh! This drama is becoming a reality!!!
  Full article: Kaedejun blog

class="at_ttl"Um Jung Hwa, Han Ji Suk & Park Suh Joon To Film “Witch’s Love”

By Staff Writer | Mar 03, 2014 01:55 PM EST

Actress Um Jung Hwa, actor Han Ji Suk, and actor Park Suh Joon are going to collaborate in a new drama called "The Witch's Love." The three have recently been casted as the main characters in the tvN Monday Tuesday drama "Witch's Love." For actress Um Jung Hwa this would be the first drama in five years. She is to play a reporter Ban Ji Yeon. Um Jung Hwa said, "It has been a long time. I am more so thrilled and excited because I am with good people, making a good drama." Actor Park Suh Joon plays Yoon Dong Ha, who is a bright young man with a secret. Actor Han Jae Suk is going to play Ban Ji Yeon's first love Noh Shi Hoon.

Kdrama Stars

Omo at last a tread for this upcoming drama...tvN sure has a powerful set of dramas on his hands this upcoming year...I like Park Seo Joon so i'm happy to see him as a leading man..The original version of the drama was pretty well recived and many said it was very good so hope this one will be even better...I guess it's a trend with noona romance,not that i mind with this pretty people around to make me giggle...Curious how much of the original "My Queen" will remain in this version and what be changed theme wise...hope the hero will remain like the original because he was cool from what i remember!

Awesome , just awesome  :)) :)) I love that it's coming from TVN - which means I'm definitely expecting lots and lots of skinship - I know UJH has the power to deliver such scenes and from the bits that I saw in Warm Word, I bet our new kid on the block, Park SJ will handle them with aplomb. I know I've seen the Taiwanese version ( with lots of FF) but I don't remember anything except the leads haha.

class="at_ttl"Uhm Jung Hwa Takes Another Provocative Role

BY Joan MacDonald | Mar 05, 2014 10:47 AM EST

Uhm Jung Hwa

Uhm Jung Hwa, the actress, who played an older woman in love with a younger man in the film "The Law of Pleasures," has signed on for another noona romance.

In the upcoming drama "Witch's Romance," she will play Ban Ji Yeon, a 30-something news reporter that falls for a much younger man. Ban Ji Yeon has been hurt in love and has chosen instead to make work the most important thing in her life.

Park Seo Joon will play Yoon Dong Ha, her much younger love interest. He's smart and underemployed, working a series of part time jobs.  They have a lot in common as they have both been hurt by love. A past tragedy broke his heart and sidelined his career plans.

Ban Ji Yeon's former boyfriend also reappears in her life and supplies the third wheel in this drama's love affair. "Witch's Romance" is a remake of the award-winning Taiwanese drama "Queen of No Marriage."

full article : Kdrama Stars

Guest kdramafanfan

I was waiting for someone to set up a thread for this drama :) The Taiwanese version was pretty good so it will be interesting to see what they do with this drama. Just finished INR3 which was a great rom-com and hoping tvN will give us another here.

This season I already gave up to see any Drama. But with Uhm Jung Hwa on the list, I'm in.

I watch Drama for the actress and actor actually. there is no pleasure by watching good drama without chemistry with the actress or actor. The chemistry is not for the couple, but audience too...

So I'm waiting patienly for my fav actress/actor like Moon Chae Won, Nam Sang Mi, Joo Ji Hoon, to take any drama.
I'm happy too that Jung So Min took part in BM Drama, even I prefer she take lead role instead of second lead.

So with Uhm Jung Hwa on the list, I'm happy.... She's legend.

So this show will start on 7th of April if i'm not wrong and seeing that the writer behind is none other that the one from Heartless City i'm even more anxious about this one because i loved that drama and want to see how will the writer will manage a more light theme drama..i sense the chemestry between our leads will be good 8-> curious what will they show till this drama starts

OMG i damn excited .. this is one of my all time favorite Taiwanese drama... i think i have watched it 3-5 times...
>:D< =D> ..
wish the actress is another one.. she looks too old for that character still i really love the story.. one of the most romanctic drama i have ever seen..
all i can say is that the guy who is gonna be a LEAD will be a HAWT TOPIC after this drama

@kdramafanfan: I am glad that you will follow this drama as well. I don`t know anything about Taiwanese version but I read only good things about it. I am curious about the script. I am happy that this will be a tvN drama. Hope for romantic scenes. We`ll have another heroine who was hurt in love and is considering work the most important think in her life but this time will be a completely different story. I am ready for it.

I am very curious about the mother daughter duo in this drama. Yang hee Kyeong played with KSY in PP and their relationship as mother and daugther was the most favorite of mine.
sarasona said: OMG i damn excited .. this is one of my all time favorite Taiwanese drama... i think i have watched it 3-5 times...
wish the actress is another one.. she looks too old for that character still i really love the story.. one of the most romanctic drama i have ever seen..
all i can say is that the guy who is gonna be a LEAD will be a HAWT TOPIC after this drama

larus said: @kdramafanfan: I am glad that you will follow this drama as well. I don`t know anything about Taiwanese version but I read only good things about it. I am curious about the script. I am happy that this will be a tvN drama. Hope for romantic scenes. We`ll have another heroine who was hurt in love and is considering work the most important think in her life but this time will be a completely different story. I am ready for it.

I am very curious about the mother daughter duo in this drama. Yang hee Kyeong played with KSY in PP and their relationship as mother and daugther was the most favorite of mine.
sarasona said: OMG i damn excited .. this is one of my all time favorite Taiwanese drama... i think i have watched it 3-5 times...

Archived