[Official] TaNyang (Empress Ki) Ji ChangWook and Ha JiWon - EK Guidebook pics p 1499-1500

ChelseaS

JCW Interview Allure Magazine May 2014

Highlights:
1. The interview article titled " Ji Chang Wook's Beautiful Mind " which depicts JCW's daily activities lately between shooting drama.
2. Although he became Emperor in the drama Empress Ki but he remain ordinary man n he still remain modest.
3. JCW said, filming lasted until overnight. When this interview took place, he just dropped by for a while before filming again.
4. JCW every day met Ha Ji Won when currently filming Empress Ki. He said it's like wearing hanbok  every day until it feels awkward.
5. When asked about the comparison between WBDS and EK, JCW answered WBDS has more actions. While EK he acted with a lot of feelings.
6. In EK, JCW should portray a complex character with a variety of emotions, such as anger, sadness, etc. So after shooting, his jaw tired.
7. JCW said after filming usually he immediately returns to normal, which means he is not carried away the character.
8. Because his clothes in EK , JCW dubbed as "Fashionista Emperor". His clothes were beautiful and gorgous but heavy, especially the crown until his shoulder hurt after long filming.
9. Asked about his feelings abt 51 eps drama, JCW said 51 eps is too long. Up until now he does not know what the ending will be.
10. He just hopes to be in the drama as long as possible before ending. (please writers- nim!!)
11. JCW also said the scripts can be changed and the actors have to wait for the writers. When he receive the scripts, JCW usually reading scripts at home.
JCW claimed the drama is well known because 2 people, JCW - HJW. He always supported HJW. Especially in the set when HJW tired.
13. JCW also learn a lot from his Jiwon Nuna who is his senior in Theatre and Film dept at Dankook University.
14. Because the drama he knows a lot of people such as Jo Jae Yoon (Golta). JCW often chat with Jo Jae Yoon.

You can read the whole interview here:
https://www.style.co.kr/magazine/view.asp?menu_id=01020403&c_idx=012201010000227

I just highlight EK related.
Other important points: His next movie is planning to shoot in June and he may enlist in 1-2 year time..
Andwee... :(

Guest JezzaG

Wow I just witnessed how the mood of this thread do a complete 180 turn.  :(
So many sad news to come home to ottoke... :(:((

@kanyaprasetyo:JCW every day met Ha Ji Won when currently filming Empress Ki.He said it's like wearing hanbok  every day until it feels awkward

why become awkward??shouldnt the environment become  friendlier when they meet daily in filming set?? :-/ :-/ :-/ unless jiwon unnie did something to jcw making him feels uncomfortable?? :-? :-? :-?

@drbigapple
I don't know, ofc I could be wrong because I use google translate and had to reconstruct the phrases because Korean grammar structure is different. But it does say "wearing hanbok" and "awkward"

Ofc my imagination will say, they're awkward to each other because they have to be lovey dovey all the time. Now they realized the feelings but it's just so awkward to them. If you like someone, you'll feel awkward, right? You can't think straight when near the person you like, at least based on my experience. Maybe that's JCW feels.
:x :x

Allure Interview translated by @yoonmi66
Posted originally at Ji Chang Wook thread

Translation of Allure (May 2014) Interview:
[The interview was held in the week starting April 7th. ]
I've heard you've been filming overnight recently?Yes. Actually, it's the day I'm moving house. I came straight here after visiting it.
Apparently you ordered some jjajangmyeon (**noodles with black bean sauce usually, although I eat it with spicy minced pork on top ). Do you live alone?(laughs) Since I've moved house, of course I need to have some jjajangmyeon. I live with my mother. Even though we live under one roof, it's been a while since I've seen her face to face.
It's been a long time since we last saw you with a short haircut. It feels really fresh. Yesterday, I filmed a promotional teaser with Ji-won noona for our drama (pretty sure he means Northcape). Because we always see each other wearing Han clothing, it felt awkward at first [filming like this]. I actually want to try leaving my hair that long, but because of my gender, it seems impossible. If I decide to cut, I'll probably cut it really short. When I was filming for Warrior Baek Dong-soo (WBDS), I also had long hair, but it was tied back in a ponytail, so was much more comfortable. 
But whichever way you look at it, an Emperor must be better than a warrior. Indeed! I don't need to know any martial arts. It was really tiring in WBDS. I don't think I'll be filming anything like that in the near future. 
Empress Ki (EK) has a lot of scenes that require strong emotions. The more you watch, the more complex Tahwan's character becomes. TH does have a lot of emotional scenes, so it's quite exhausting. These days he (TH) is always vexed, and has become very sensitive. Even though it appears he's become stronger, TH's actually become weaker, and more lonely. 
These emotional scenes are like opportunities that let others recognise you as a true actor. Once you finish a strongly emotional scene, are you able to quickly pull yourself out of it?I can immediately switch back to myself. There are also many actors that can't do it at once. ---> So the BTS videos, it's him JCW and not TH?
:> :> :>
In the most recent batch of sageuks, TH's attire has been the most diverse. There's this new nickname of "The Emperor: Pioneer of Fashion". TH is an Emperor afterall - so the costumes are really magnificent. The most common colours are gold and purple. Changing costumes are also part of the experience. Although the costumes are really heavy, I've gotten used to them now. Although when I have to film for long periods of time wearing the official robes and headdress, it becomes really heavy, and my shoulders become sore.
The 51 episode drama is going to end soon. There's only 6 episodes left - everyone is curious about the ending.51 episodes is quite long. We started last autumn - autumn passed, winter passed, and now it's spring. I don't know the ending either. I don't think the scriptwriters have a set ending in mind. Not long ago, they even asked me for a suitable ending to the drama.
So the scriptwriters are quite curious about what ending TH wants. What did you say?I don't really contribute any opinions to the story.
Why?I'm the type that follows the script. Because the script is written by the writers, I just need to wait for the script. Although I do get curious as to how the drama unfolds. I just received the script for the next episode, and am planning on reading it as soon as I get home.
It's your first time collaborating with actress Ha Ji-won, who plays Seung-nyang. How do you feel about it?Ji-won noona is really honest. Working on set is really tiring, but she hardly cares for sleep, and is really earnest about her work. No matter how tired she is, she always has a smile on her face. I've learnt a lot from her. I'm also her hoobae from university. 
Through SNS, it seems you two have really similar personalities. So you two are also alumni of the same university. We became much closer through the filming of Empress Ki. It's the filming of a drama that led to this friendship. I've also become really close with Jo Jae-yun, who plays Golta, so we're much more in sync when acting. If I do any impromptu actions, Jae-yun hyung can react accordingly. 
If you were watching EK at home, would a scenario such as your father saying "Dong-soo from WBDS has appeared" or your mother saying "Dong-hae from Smile, Dong-hae has appeared" happen? The two characters are quite popular. How do you feel about others calling you by your character's name?There were actually a lot of instances where I got called my character's name. Especially the elderly. Because I don't go on variety shows often, so when a drama is airing, there aren't many people that call me by my name. However, because I'm always filming dramas, I've gotten used to being called my character's name. It lightens the atmosphere, and is very interesting.
What is "Empress Ki" the drama to actor Ji Chang-wook?It's will be a very memorable drama, because my character has changed a lot throughout. Previously, TH was very childish and weak - currently, he's half crazy. When I think back to the TH of earlier episodes, I'd be thinking "Ah, so that was how it was." These memories will be even more profound. 
Once EK finishes, you'll probably be resting before heading to your movie set. What do you feel like doing?I want to have some spare time. Even though filming for a scene finishes, I have to wait for the next episode's script, read, prepare and head off to the next filming destination, so there's barely any free time. It would be best if I could go travelling. That's how I like to rest.
Why do you like that?Actors usually yearn for the same sort of liberties. Everyone wants to rest a bit after the end of one project. However, if the next project doesn't come up, it's true that they'll feel restless again. Hence, resting as well as waiting for your next project would be best.
I feel you're someone who prefers a stable life?(laughs) I do need to make a living to keep myself comfortable. 
There aren't many actors who can come and go between dramas and movies freely. Which industry do you prefer?Anything acting is interesting. In reality, the schedule for filming a drama is really tight. However, it airs every week, which makes it more interesting. 
----END-----
Kor-Chi translations credit Baidu
:>

Guest JezzaG

About the Baeksang Awards, I read from other threads that most of MBC productions were excluded. That's def something fishy esp. BS Awards are mostly controlled by major tv stations (they say). If they purposely excluded EK actors/actresses to get in the major category nominations just because EK ratings were a juggernaut then I say it's pure bs. It's so unfair I am upset :( 

HJW did a very amazing job in EK like REALLY. there was never a scene in EK where she didn't shine bright like a diamond. and JWC acted his heart out. Like there wasn't even a singe emotion he did not convey so well. Both of them did a very stellar and enthralling performance throughout the 49 episodes and the BS (bullsheep hahahaha) organizers are just too blind (or maybe just too dumb and too insecure) to see it. 
And please I hope they don't kill Paeha........ :(( :((I AM UPSET. Excuse me as I cheer myself up...

2u6o.jpg
Here's the missing costume for Paeha's Fashion catalog   :x :x :\"> :-j =P~
Ooops I think I put to much emoticons....

like @JezzaG said, excuse me while I roll my eyes at Baeksang nominees list. @-)
We're robbed from best drama, best actor, best actress, and most popular actor!!

In best drama category, there's drama that still airing and nowhere near finishing unlike EK we just short of 2 eps. (Okay, maybe EK not the best drama in the world but the nominations seem on par with EK)

In best actor, just as everyone else said JCW was ROBBED of it!! How come he didn't get the nomination when he play a character for 51 eps drama and has the most complex layered king character in the history of drama?? Tell me, what kind of expressions he didn't make?

In best actress, HJW also was robbed. I don't want to bash the nominees because I also like some of them. But come to think of it, EK was woman-centered and Ha Ji Won as the center of the drama do really well that she even deserved daesang if you ask me.

In most popular actor, the nominees consist of idols, supporting characters and only a few of them are the lead actors. Even the dramas that got low ratings or lower than EK have some nominees and sometimes one drama has more than 1 nominee. During EK, JCW increase his popularity a lot. Even Jin Yi Han now is very popular in domestic and international.

Sorry for the rant!! I just upset Baeksang ignored us!
I just hope HJW and Baek Jin Hee win now!! We need to vote for HJW n BJH now!

the soompi main thread release the complete nomination list for baeksang award (i oni paste the tv nomination..skip the film nominees category)

Television

Best Drama

• Good Doctor (KBS)
  • I Hear Your Voice (SBS)
  • Secret Love Affair (JTBC)
  • Man from the Stars (SBS)
  • Reply 1994 (tvN)

Best Culture Program

• We Want to Know (SBS)
  • Food X-Files (Channel A)
  • Parents vs Students’ Parents (SBS)
  • Physics of Light (EBS)
  • War of Words (JTBC)

Best Variety Program

• Grandpas Over Flowers (tvN)
  • Immortal Song (KBS)
  • Superman Returns (KBS)
  • Real Men (MBC)
  • Hidden Singer (JTBC)

Best Director

• Kim Min Soo (Good Doctor)
  • Shin Won Ho (Reply 1994)
  • Ahn Pan Suk (Secret Love Affair)
  • Jang Tae Woo (Man from the Stars)
  • Jo Soo Won (I Hear Your Voice)

Best Actor

• Kim Soo Hyun  (Man from the Stars)
  • Yoo Ah In (Secret Love Affair)
  • Lee Jong Suk (I Hear Your Voice)
  • Jo Jae Hyun (Jung Do Jun)
  • Joo Won (Good Doctor)

Best Actress

• Go Ara (Reply 1994)
  • Kim Ji Soo (Kind Words) 
  • Kim Hye Soo (Queen of the Office)
  • Lee Bo Young (I Hear Your Voice)
  • Jun Ji Hyun (Man from the Stars)

Best Rookie Actor

• Kim Sung Kyun (Reply 1994)
  • Jung Woo  (Reply 1994)
  • Choi Jin Hyuk (Gu Family Book)
  • Park Seo Joon (Kind Words) 
  • Baro (God’s Gift-14 Days)

Best Rookie Actress

• Kyung Soo Jin (Eun Hee)
  • Dohee (Reply 1994)
  • Baek Jin Hee (Empress Ki)
  • Son Yeo Eun (Thrice Married Woman)
  • Han Groo (Kind Words) 

Best Screenplay

• Kim Ji Woo (Shark)
  • Park Ji Eun (Man from the Stars)
  • Lee Woo Jung (Reply 1994)
  • Jung Sung Joo (Secret Love Affair)
  • Ha Myung Hee (Kind Words) 

Best Male Entertainer Award

• Kim Gu Ra (Radio Star)
  • Kim Sung Joo (Daddy, Where Are We Going?)
  • Shin Dong Yup (Witch Hunt)
  • Yoo Hee Yeol (SNL Korea)
  • Jeon Hyun Moo (Hidden Singer)

Best Female Entertainer Award

• Kim Young Hee (Gag Concert)
  • Kim Ji Min ( Gag Concert)
  • Park Mi Sun (Quiz to Change the World)
  • Park Ji Yoon (Gourmet Road)
  • Lee Young Ja (Hello Counselor)
    wonder why cable tv(secret love affair) even can be nominated as best drama instead of ek(mbc)??if i m jiwon unnie..i x even attend that award :P >:P >:P
      • >

Kamusta @JezzaG? Pati na rin sina @berrybliss at @sakura29angel. Mga kababayan ko.  :D
@JezzaG, thanks for that "comforting" spoiler tag. Everyone in this thread, I think, likes that costume the most!  :x 
In just a few hours, we will be in another rollercoaster EK ride. Will I cry on tonight's episode? Oh well, let's see. It's been a long time since I cried on that scene where Paeha gone cray, cray and after that scene where Nyang-ie comforts him. Ok, tissues ready? check! A glass of water? check! Pulse/breathing/blood pressure? still normal...well, not sure of that till tonight's episode ends.
Have a strong heart everyone!!! :x  :x  :x

Guest JezzaG

ChelseaS

said:

The 51 episode drama is going to end soon. There's only 6 episodes left - everyone is curious about the ending.

51 episodes is quite long. We started last autumn - autumn passed, winter passed, and now it's spring. I don't know the ending either. I don't think the scriptwriters have a set ending in mind.

Not long ago, they even asked me for a suitable ending to the drama.

Through SNS, it seems you two have really similar personalities. So you two are also alumni of the same university. 

We became much closer through the filming of Empress Ki.

It's the filming of a drama that led to this friendship.

I've also become really close with Jo Jae-yun, who plays Golta, so we're much more in sync when acting. If I do any impromptu actions, Jae-yun hyung can react accordingly. 

i juz pray that our chinggus who r doin recaps live stream,plz stay strong...x cry when doin recap.. :)>- :)>- :)>-

-We became much closer through the filming of Empress Ki. It's the filming of a drama that led to this friendship. I've also become really close with Jo Jae-yun, who plays Golta, so we're much more in sync when acting
why must he drag jjy along??:-? :-?

Guest JezzaG

@janice3joy3 Yay another kababayan! Kamusta naman po ang nakakalokang pagsubaybay sa EK?  :))
@drbigapple @SamShop_Watch I agree LOL! Purposely dragging JJY along so as not to make fans suspicious than we already are. =))

But I'm sorry JCW, no matter how hard you try to hide it, we TaNyang / JiJi shippers have cyclops eyes that can see through every move you make... >:) >:)
Okay, that sounded a bit too stalker-ish. yikes!

@drbigapple
Like I said before, he's awkward when near HJW. Although my translations seems like a trashy piece compared to the one @ChelseaS posted B-)

He admits that he close with HJW, meet her everyday, he's her hoobae in univ, close through SNS, he cares about her (know that she hardly sleeps), has shared laughing code, etc.
That speaks LOVE
:x

I dunno if this was posted here but to supply emphasis if it was posted am gonna post it again
JCW's Allure Mag Interview 
The 51 episode drama is going to end soon. There's only 6 episodes left - everyone is curious about the ending.51 episodes is quite long. We started last autumn - autumn passed, winter passed, and now it's spring. I don't know the ending either. I don't think the scriptwriters have a set ending in mind. Not long ago, they even asked me for a suitable ending to the drama.
cr:yoonmi66 at JCW's thread

@Hanaseyes: Thanks for the wonderful collage of Paeha's outfit. I thought he only has a few because in compared to SN who changes so often. But I think they recycle the some inner because I think the sleeves of one or two look the same.
@ChelseaS: Thanks for the allure translation. I laugh when he said *the writers asked me what is a suitable ending*its funny that they are filming a saguek based on history but yet the drama seems to be a live thing where any ending is possible.
I am glad JCW is the sort of actor that can be out of the character as soon as filming is over. It shows that he has a very stable and realistic personality.  I also like that he is still staying with his mum, such a good boy.
------------------------Am so sad they are not having the wrap up party, I am sure the staff are disapointed to get together and eat too.
-------------------------Regarding the Baeksang,
I think it serve EK right for not being nominated as best drama. They distorted history and the plot has so many loopholes, going fast forward and dragging its feet most of the time with no particular aim but just to fill airtime for 51 eps.
But I seriously dont think Kim Soo Hyun shd be nominated for the Man from the Stars role, KSH fans please dont bash me. I think he did much more from the Moon that embraces the Sun. Uri Paeha is truly sidelined for all that he did.
EDIT:@yoonmi66Thanks for the rest of the translation.Paeha is such a hardworking person and scholarly person --- keep talking about learning. 

@kanyaprasetyo:
-So when I first entered university, I thought all I had to do was drink wine, play and date girls. In reality, life in university was much harder than high school.
 paeha is indeed a naughty boy/flirter in his University time....ok...to redeem himself..he need to work harder to capture godness heart...after all jiwon unnie gonna start filming with ha jung woo(top A-list actor) and we all knw how tis godness cn create chemistry with all her co-stars... after all jung woo still single and available :)] :)]