♥ Yeo Jin Goo 여진구 ♥

constanciandra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309198wpp/yeo-jin-goo-talks-about-his-new-attitude-towards-acting-his-upcoming-drama-with-iu

I like what I am hearing from the horse’s mouth.  I must admit I was rather skeptical about his choice of drama post TCC, but hearing about the reasons why he’s taken up something like this is refreshing.  It shows growth.  He is doing what he fears most and challenging himself as an artiste (against popular opinion).  I like that.  For that alone I will tune in to watch Hotel De La Luna despite all my reservations (apparently according to proper Spanish grammar,  it’s supposed to be De La Luna). :D

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309198wpp/yeo-jin-goo-talks-about-his-new-attitude-towards-acting-his-upcoming-drama-with-iu

I like what I am hearing from the horse’s mouth.  I must admit I was rather skeptical about his choice of drama post TCC, but hearing about the reasons why he’s taken up something like this is refreshing.  It shows growth.  He is doing what he fears most and challenging himself as an artiste (against popular opinion).  I like that.  For that alone I will tune in to watch Hotel De La Luna despite all my reservations (apparently according to proper Spanish grammar,  it’s supposed to be De La Luna). :D

Its so brave of him to admit he is having difficulty in romcom genre. Honestly, that is what i observe also. He is a fluffy person in real life so, maybe he just needs to know how to channel it when he is acting. 

12 minutes ago, katkat17 said:

Its so brave of him to admit he is having difficulty in romcom genre. 

Indeed it is. It humanizes him and for that alone he has my respect.

Rom Com is actually very hard to pull off well. It’s very hard to behave in such a way that you’re not a total idiot (in an attempt to be comedic) yet come across as believable so it endears you to the audience.  Maybe he can ask Lee SeYoung - she acted in Hwayugi (also Hong Sisters) and I adored her zombie character.  :lol: Or maybe (more likely this), he will feel his way around it. It’s a big risk to take up this project no doubt about that.  We’ll see if it pays off for him or not. 

[Interview] Yeo Jin-goo Looks Forward to Working With IU

photo1042402.jpg

Yeo Jin-goo is excited to work with "IU".

Star of the recent "The Crowned Clown" who played double roles is continuing his hard work. He's coming back with the new tvN drama, "Hotel Del Luna", with IU.

"This is the first time I'm meeting her, but I listen to her music. I enjoyed watching some of her work. She's got a very good voice and she's a good actress. She also managed to surprise everyone with her transformations when they were needed. I think the audience would love us together".

He's becoming an elite hotelier in this drama and he said, "This role is very much like a soldier who sticks by the rules rather than a warm person. My character doesn't like to meddle with people's business and stays behind the lines. He doesn't like to get swept away by emotions and is quick to decide. However, inside he's all soft like Ha Seon from "The Crowned Clown". I'll be able to show a lot of what I couldn't before. I have to be very mature for this one and I'll be in a suit most of the time".

Read more Here

• 5 months later...

Why is this thread not so active anymore? I'm recently a new fan of Jin goo oppa after watching him in METS (I know, I'm 7 years late). His younger self have captivated me that I started to watch all of his works!! I read this thread from first page until now and I'm so happy you guys are here to update about him all the time ~~

Hopefully with Hotel de Luna's success, YJG will be more known and recognised for his acting even more. Based from articles I've read, it's doing well. His 'The Crowned Clown' did well too, right? ~ More projects for YJG!! 

On 8/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, tigerliyah said:

Why is this thread not so active anymore? I'm recently a new fan of Jin goo oppa after watching him in METS (I know, I'm 7 years late). His younger self have captivated me that I started to watch all of his works!! I read this thread from first page until now and I'm so happy you guys are here to update about him all the time ~~

Hopefully with Hotel de Luna's success, YJG will be more known and recognised for his acting even more. Based from articles I've read, it's doing well. His 'The Crowned Clown' did well too, right? ~ More projects for YJG!! 

@tigerliyah, I too wonder why this thread is not more active.

Yes, "The Crowned Clown" was fabulous.  In fact,  I think Yeo Jin-Goo is the only actor who is in two drama of the top ten drama of tvN - ever...  (The Crowned Clown, and Hotel Del Luna.)

I first saw Yeo Jin-Goo in a movie "Dance of the Dragon" where he played Jung Hyuk younger version.  His part was short, but memorable for me.

He is the little boy you see in the beginning of this trailer.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, laura_waterhouse said:

When will we see him with park bo young hihi

truly! where is that melodrama we’ve all been waiting for? watching the “noonas all love yeo jin goo” on youtube all over again makes my heart flutter :wub:

On 8/23/2019 at 4:35 PM, tigerliyah said:

i made a soompi account for YJG. he’s an amazing actor and really killing it this year. i hope he continues to become more successful too! hopefully this thread will be more active so we can follow updates about him

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@tigerliyah, I too wonder why this thread is not more active.

Yes, "The Crowned Clown" was fabulous.  In fact,  I think Yeo Jin-Goo is the only actor who is in two drama of the top ten drama of tvN - ever...  (The Crowned Clown, and Hotel Del Luna.)

I first saw Yeo Jin-Goo in a movie "Dance of the Dragon" where he played Jung Hyuk younger version.  His part was short, but memorable for me.

He is the little boy you see in the beginning of this trailer.

YJG looks so adorable :wub: have to watch that one! and yes, he’s the only actor to lead 2 hit top 10 tvN dramas. i think i read an article somewhere about it.

altho this thread isn’t really active, he’s getting recognised a lot on hotel de luna and crowned clown threads that i read here and on reddit. that alone makes me super happy, he’s all grown up now 

Let us activate it then! Discovered him through hotel del luna, and I am now slowly going through his works. He is talented, but also loved by the deities because he got really good roles, the sort popular, veteran kdrama actors can only dream about. I hope he keeps doing the gritty stuff because he is a pleasure to watch. I realize how "normal" he in in hotel del luna, very much like how a veteran actor would portray a romcom role. If Chan Seung was played by a less experienced actor, he could have been really overacted.

AC3-D757-B-0118-4-E7-C-B0-F5-1-CB9214-D3

Yeo Jin Goo featured in Forbes

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/07/16/yeo-jin-goo-scores-a-pleasing-trifecta-with-three-successive-tv-dramas-in-2019/#511ca88d76f2

It’s not unusual for Korean actors to appear in two dramas in succession or even overlap, but it is unusual for an actor to have three dramas in quick succession and have two overlap. Before My Absolute Boyfriend ended in some viewing areas, Yeo could already be seen playing a polished but easily spooked hotelier in the drama Hotel Del Luna. Because of a promise made by his father, Yeo’s hotelier character accepts a position in a hotel that serves ghosts. It’s not quite the hospitality career he envisioned.“

2 minutes ago, laura_waterhouse said:

Let us activate it then! Discovered him through hotel del luna, and I am now slowly going through his works. He is talented, but also loved by the deities because he got really good roles, the sort popular, veteran kdrama actors can only dream about. I hope he keeps doing the gritty stuff because he is a pleasure to watch. I realize how "normal" he in in hotel del luna, very much like how a veteran actor would portray a romcom role. If Chan Seung was played by a less experienced actor, he could have been really overacted.

you’ve hit all the points! i am so glad that he chose “hotel de luna” too just right after his challenging dual role in “the crowned clown”. he deserves all the love and he is made for acting. let’s activate this thread! :love:

Archived