[Drama 2014] It's Okay, That's Love 괜찮아, 사랑이야

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest bashful

OMG!!! I been so busy this week!...Need to take sometime out to read the posts here! I been thinking a lot about the whole JY and KW story plot. I will post on it later today. I am going to miss this drama when it ends!

Talk to you all later!
:-h

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@madmooch If I were am JIS's girlfriend, like you, I'd feel jealous. But both of their partners are actors as well so they'd be much more understanding than us. :)) This is one of the things I'm amazed about actors, they know how to create feelings/emotions for their characters and say goodbye to it like it didn't happen. But I've always wondered if that's always the case... maybe at one point they truly liked each other.. or meh, maybe not. :\

I hope there's a director's cut dvd though. And they'd label which scenes are ad-lib :)) But in most cases, as far as I know, 16-episode dramas don't get DCDVD. :(

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"It's okay that's love || let me go (jae yeol x kang woo)

Credit EvenAngelFalls

Guest madmooch

I'm wondering why JY is seeing KW more frequently after HS came into his life and if indeed this is linked to HS at all? Or perhaps it is due to impending release of JB (his guilt complex)? JB's 2nd attack on JY did indeed coincide with his getting closer to HS... 
And also, why is he now imagining KW to be getting sicker or in danger (accidents) and failing in writing competition while earlier eps showed KW doing better, in dealing with father's abuse and writing? 
The illusion of KW helped JY cope so far by making him feel better for being able to help KW out of very similar conditions in his own childhood. But it seems his mind is unravelling bit by bit and KW's worsening situations is reflecting his helplessness in his ability to help or protect KW or subconsciously himself I think.
If linked to HS, perhaps JY's guilt over JB makes him subconsciously feel that he is not entitled to his being happy with HS. After all, despite willing most of his assets to JB, he still feels he cannot compensate JB enough. Or perhaps it is due to his insecurity over HS? I mean she's still rejecting his marriage proposal and not yet fully committing herself to their relationship at least what she's telling him. That and threat of JB coming out of prison soon must be be weighing on his mind but hopefully not to do anything destructive to himself before he gets help (therefore bit reassuring for me to see the BTS shots of him in hospital clothes and hugging JB without any blood spilling as far as I can see ....)

Guest sunshine4ever

krgeek said: Is it a common practice in Korea to publish script as book as this is the first time I heard of this????. Is this also publish in English. If so, I will love to get my hand on this book as a souvenir for me to have my fill of This couple. I really love this drama and sad to see it coming to an end. This drama is an eye opener and never a dull moment in between. Maybe, they can work on a sequel.

Guest timi163

sunshine4ever said: krgeek said: Is it a common practice in Korea to publish script as book as this is the first time I heard of this????. Is this also publish in English. If so, I will love to get my hand on this book as a souvenir for me to have my fill of This couple. I really love this drama and sad to see it coming to an end. This drama is an eye opener and never a dull moment in between. Maybe, they can work on a sequel.

Guest HannahA

ParvinT said: Jo In sung is really a great actor. Usually the scenes where people have o act as drunk is played so awkwardly and it is obvious that they are acting drunk. But he was great. His acting is so delicate. And He was so cute being embarrassed to show his drunk side to HS. I felt that we saw a new side of his character which was closer to the little boy inside him. 10igfug.png
2hgedtu.png

Guest cassia_lela

Oh, so the end will have a time jump. Well, because this drama shoot early, now we get spoiler.

I missed to read the written preview. Get my teary eyes. Just to imagine your love say that he's "another" will be died... JHS, you strong right?

@Dumm me too curious abt the quick kiss. But maybe JIS and GHJ agree to add kiss. Haha.

Guest timi163

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/yoon-mi-rae-winner-and-park-bo-ram-zico-top-instiz-chart-for-the-fifth-week-of-august-2014
:x I dont know how to post a  link..:)

Guest cassia_lela

New still shows JJY playing basketball with SK

sorry, but if the end is JJY died, then please writernim, make this last 4 episode happy to him.

And omo, i think that the book will contain not a crime/sadistic novel, but his lovelife with a special psychiatrist.

And my mobile playing t YMR song now while typing. What else can't make me crying

Guest Eiza Zazhan

cassia_lela said: New still shows JJY playing basketball with SK

sorry, but if the end is JJY died, then please writernim, make this last 4 episode happy to him. And omo, i think that the book will contain not a crime/sadistic novel, but his lovelife with a special psychiatrist. And my mobile playing t YMR song now while typing. What else can't make me crying

Guest bashful

I really wanted to look into this conversation here and try to figure out how KW existent will play out in JY life.......

DM:When did you start seeing him so often?
JY:Before, he used to come by occasionally. But after I started seeing Hae-soo, he started coming by more often.

(It was made clear that he first saw KW 3 years ago after being stabbed by his brother. KW is his past which he was trying to denied and forget in order to continue to live and care for his mother. However, after being attacked by JB his past came back to haunt him and hence he created KW. KW came in his life little by little to remind him of himself. Through KW he wanted to change and protect him so he will not walk the same path as he once did. It's also after the incident w/ JB 3 years ago that JY style of writing has changed from romance novel to thrillers. This was mention by HS who use to be a fan of his 3 years ago in ep 1. I think JY view of life has changed drastically after realizing the hate his brother held for what he did. However, after meeting HS..JY started to truly realize what happiness and love was but because of his guilt and him not being able to let go of his past. KW appears more frequently and started interrupting his life. KW is like JY wake up call. Up until now JY has lived for his mom,  Only after meeting HS he finally started to live for himself but his conscious (KW) is holding him back. Aside from writing, HS takes a important role in JY life so in order for JY to not neglect KW, I believe JY subconsciously worsen KW health condition. This way it will allow JY to continuously check up on KW)

DM:Were you always bright like this?
JY:No. When I was young, I was naive and afraid. After the incident,I put an effort to
live optimistically.For my poor mom, I tried to stay strong.Everyday, I looked into the
mirror and I practiced smiling, making jokes and fighting. I pretended to be macho.

(As I been watching this drama from ep 1 to now. JY character has been putting on a fake smile and doing everything to make his mom happy. He has wealth, a good relationship w/ his mom, the looks, popularity, and etc...but he was very lonely inside. Since watching ep 12 especially during DM and JY drinking scene. I finally realize JY has been living in denial and guilt since the incident. It was because of what he did to JB that he couldn't forgive himself or allow himself to obtain true happiness. He shoulders the burden and has no one to confine in. The truth in regards to his stepfather death and also the betrayal towards his brother. )

JY:Do you know the camel in the desert.
DM:Of course.
After a traumatic event, a camel that is forever tied to a tree.
Even when the owner unties the rope in the morning,
the camel can't leave because of his memory of the tied rope at night.
JY: I personally, hate that kind of camel.
The camel should realize that the sun has risen.
So, I try to control my mind.
The past is the past, it doesn't exist any more.
I'm free.
I'm strong, very strong.
Like the sun that pushes aside darkness.
Bright and vibrant.
Like the light that swallows darkness,very very bright and strong.

(However,  to me JY is still that camel because he is living in denial. KW is the rope which ties JY in the tree and HS is the sun. As JY realize and is close to happiness the rope (KW) will always tie JY to the past. Even though the sun (HS) is out.  Until JY could face reality and come to a resolution between JB/mom. KW will continue to exist.)

DM:Compared to who? Your big brother?
JY:Hyung is weak. So weak that he can't even beat me.

(I don't really understand what JY means by this but he definitely feels that he has out smarted his brother this time. It's like JY is saying "Hyung, I won.. you can no longer hurt me")

JY:Hyung needs..a compensation.
DM:You already did. Tae-yong told me that you gave him your whole estate.
JY:That's true.I did compensate him.
But..is that something I can compensate him for?

(JY has probably been convincing himself that he was not in wrong for putting JB in jail or for choosing his mother over him. But in truth JY regrets it but it too late for JY to go back. JY is unable to move forward or backward..He could only run away and live in denial)

In the end will JY die?  Most definitely not.....
What will happen to KW? JY says good bye to KW after everything between his family is resolved
Will JY and HS have a happy ending? If SK, CH and her friend finds happiness I don't see why JY and HS will not have a happy ending.... 

(Please do excuse me for any typos no time for spell check.)

CR:Translation taken from Viki subber

Guest HannahA

Granted if the writer doesn't want Jae Yul and Hae Soo together in the end I will be bummed and slightly pissed but I would take that over Jae Yul's death any day. The devastation would surely be catastrophic. I've become emotionally attached to all the characters in this drama.... I don't want this drama to end. :(:(( :((

As for me, KW is his JJY's subconscious that was locked up who is now knocking at his front door. Remember that JJY saw Kang Woo first when JB stabbed him. It was the first time JJY saw JB after JB was imprisoned or at least that's what I think because JB is denying to see JJY and their mom. He forgot what happened on the day he accidentally stabbed his stepfather and his mom burning down the house.   He didn't remember a thing or find any familiarity with the place when he drove KW home. I remembered from a drama... or what is a movie?... that our brain is intelligent enough to lock-up thoughts that might destroy us and it includes painful memories. JJY was still young when it happened, he just was 14(international age). His mom, who burned down the house, is the mom he doesn't want to remember. He wants to remember his mom as the one who plays with him down the river and who makes him happy during those times when nothing seems to turned outright. But why is he still severely bruised and malnourished when he was already 15? KW often comes after JJY had a date/met HS. Again, KW is his subconscious. He is telling JJY indirectly that I'm still here fix me first before meeting HS though he is cheering for JJY to be with HS. He also knows his flaws but not his mental illness or his painful past hence he needed to be reminded by KW. 
JJY will not die because of suicide as long as he is able to know what his past actually is and be able to fix/face it. And also if HS is able to standby him. HS has become a therapy for him, from making him TRULY happy to treating his OCD.

Archived