[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest calculator

Makes me wonder what would've happened if his younger girlfriend didn't call him while they were hugging each other, lol

Guest Cielo Azul

hi all
it's been a while since last i watched a  Kdrama.. but just couldnt resist this one, it's something new. SLA is soo beautifully done and everyone is just fantastic <3thanks for all the reviews and thoughts,  they make my day ^:)^

Makes me wonder what would've happened if his younger girlfriend didn't call him while they were hugging each other, lol

Hi @calculator. I wonder the same thing not so much for the obvious reason but becoz I cldnt figure out what the hug was abt. At first I thought both of them were sobbing in each others arms. Like a tearful acknowledgement of their undeniable but untouchable love for each other. Very touching and I was touched to bits. But then I realized later that neither if them had red nor teary eyes?!

So I rewatched and this time the 'sobbing' noises I heard earlier started to sound like heaving n heavy breathing. Yikes. Getting steamy. But then it also sounded like nervous breathing followed by relief breathing once HW decided to accept the hug....

Hmmm....,,so what was it all about. Thanks to DM we may never know!

Guest fudger*o*

Secret L o v e Affair, 6

(cr. episodes-outside-seoul.tumblr.com)

FYI, Sun Jae, if you’d put your damn phone on vibrate and hadn’t stepped away from this hug, things would have turned out differently. Five more seconds and she would have been kissing your neck, ten more seconds and her hands world have been under your shirt. Learn from this experience, will you? When you’re fooling around with a woman, the phone can bloody well wait.

Guest MontanaT

lovesikara said: MontanaT said: I'm totally new to posting on soompi (except for the one post I did earlier), and I usually don't stray from dramabeans for my drama recaps, but this drama... aigoo... I think I might die or have a heart attack (hospital 5min away, dr/uncle on speed dial :D :D :D)I was kind of sad that dramabeans wasn't recapping this drama, especially with how well the story is moving so far and the acting ... I don't usually cry when I watch TV or read books (except when Dobby died in Harry Potter), but I've cried so much already watching this drama.... TT_TTI watch the new episodes during lunch and they usually aren't fully subbed on Viki when I watch them, so forgive my ignorance if I don't interpret correctly both now and in the future.Sorry, I'm gonna just put down my thoughts (as they enter my mind)... if I'm wrong, please let me know :/

atiyam said: @loungelizard*, I agree with you about her ambitions getting the best of her. I am curious as to why she wants this CEO position so bad. It just puts her more in the heat of this crazy family. I can understand her desire to have more control over her projects since it seems as if she is the only one really working . I can't imagine her being after the fame or just the money the position offers.I wonder what she is really trying to prove. I also could not imagine her husbands reaction to her promotion, he is already highly jealous of her. I think that when she was younger she let her ambitions cloud her judgement and that is why her musical career ended. I just can't imagine how she will balance her love for SJ and the CEO position. We all know that the B%$ch boss will use this as ammunition. I am the type that likes to look at the good side and I hope for a good ending but this does concern me. I am hoping that we see another type of story, one where she walks away from it all. I am not trying to watch a character decent into the pits of he11. I do like how the drama shows how all the characters around the two leads are wild cards. These are people that are out for themselves and they will do anything to get what they want. I also wanted to say for those who say that SJ should be honest with DM. I have seen girls like her you can't tell them you are not interested that easily. She knows he has no true romantic feeling for her but she intends to wear him down eventually. This is a drama that shows how greedy people can get. I just hope HW greed won't cause her downfall. She talks to her friend about how she didn't get a chance to experience falling in love in her youth, maybe in the end the love of SJ will be enough. I hope.

Guest tinybelle

This world really fascinates me. You'd think the rich would be the ones who would act dignified. But so far, here it's quite the opposite.

First, as Mde Han mentioned the Chairman has weird taste in women and then we see him leering at the waitress, and then we see him PICKING at his teeth. Gaaah! That's my ultimate pet peeve

Next, we have Young Woo who doesn't act refined AT ALL. Not only does she go around like a sugar momma, throws stuff at people, and is loud&shrill.

Guest xianzhongfan

I need to talk about the hug in SJ’s house. It sent such powerful messages and this was all so KHA’s immaculate acting. My opinion of the hug is this – HW was so touched by SJ’s rendition her emotions were rising to the top and she wanted to display it through the hug – and I think over here it was both her wanting to give a hug as a woman as well as a teacher.  I think when SJ heard that, it was a testament that she has accepted to love him as a woman (as he requested) even though sub-consciously (but he will do it in order to protect her and not the other way round), but he also saw that she was trying to do it as a teacher (and thus fighting her inner urges as a woman) and thus he offered to do it so that it is not patronizing.  When SJ came down, he could tell from HW’s body language that she was still trying futilely to act as an adult to him and it pains him to see her trying so hard to put up this defensive wall. And you can see it on SJ’s face just before he went in to hug her his face was saying ‘it’s ok, you don’t have to play the adult in this and you don’t have to fight it so hard’, and for me this was what made HW sob as to her, it was both an acknowledgement to SJ and herself that she is not the adult in this case, she is someone who wants to be loved by SJ and someone who wants to love him; it was HW melting down against the resolve she has been trying to put  up since she stepped into his house; it was her admission that she likes him despite the fact that she knows SJ’s mum will not approve. And all these through 1 hug. Jjang!!

I may be wrong here and it is driving me crazy cos I keep analyzing it. Thus, waiting for @briseis analysis and see what’s her take on this, and all the other chingus out there. J

Guest xianzhongfan

as for various comments regarding HW's ambition, i tend to disagree.  Maybe it is different subs as I watch with Chinese subs, but it seemed she said she doesn't care what the position was, as long as she is given authority to veto/control. I do not see this as ambition. In fact it has been very consistent with HW's balancing play with the family/office politics. (1) She knows that the Chairman will offer her a position in YW's company to assist YW as Mdm Han already told her in advance that 'sometimes it is ok to reject the Chairman's request'; (2) she knows she cannot reject the Chairman (despite what the wife egged her to do), so she has to agree but since she knows it is going to be shi**y working for YW and her toy boy, might as well ask for authority so she doesn't need to adhere to nonsensical proposals; (3) another alternative outcome is that this may give YW a chance to reject her (although it went OTT with the crazy YW throwing tiles at her), and thus HW would have legitimately got out of the offer from the Chairman without offending him.

It also helps to know that all this was done during the Mahjong session, which is when you need to strategise in order to win. [Director-nim and writer-nim is just brilliant here.] And we have seen HW winning in the previous round. It shows that she is a master at strategizing and it was not a straight-forward ambition to become a CEO.

Guest tinybelle

that's how I saw that scene, too, @xianzhongfan‌ . HW has proven just how good she is at pulling strings from behind the scenes. The way she's juggling being a triple agent. The way she orchestrated bailing Sun Jae out of jail so that it would seem her husband was the one to do it. The way she's maneuvering the corruption by opening accounts under her parents' names. And this time with the CEO position, too. To me it was all part of a ploy.

Hi everyone. I am ussually a silent reader and rarely post but I just couldnt wait  any longer and was looking for some information regarding the next eposode. There is no video preview yet but they posted text previre for ep 7. I hope some kind soul can help us to underanstand what we can expect on Monday. I hope there will be a video soon.
부제 : 밀회 7회 예고편"집이라는 데가, 가끔은 직장 같을 때두 있단다." 

영우(김혜은)에게 마작패로 맞고 온 아내 혜원(김희애)에게 도리어 행동 조심하라 이르는 준형(박혁권). 
그의 말 한마디에 남의 눈 의식하며 사는 삶에 염증을 느끼는 것도 잠시, 혜원은 선재 (유아인) 의 청결한 궁핍에도 눈물이 난다. 
하필 입학 오디션을 준비하는 선재도 혜원이 이끄는 대로 따라주지 않아 혜원은 외롭기만 하고. 

한편 영우의 사업 뒷바라지로 바쁘던 와중에 성숙(심혜진)이 서회장(김용건) 건으로 혜원을 압박해오는데... 

Guest ocdee

xianzhongfan

said:

as for various comments regarding HW's ambition, i tend to disagree.  Maybe it is different subs as I watch with Chinese subs, but it seemed she said she doesn't care what the position was, as long as she is given authority to veto/control. I do not see this as ambition. In fact it has been very consistent with HW's balancing play with the family/office politics. (1) She knows that the Chairman will offer her a position in YW's company to assist YW as Mdm Han already told her in advance that 'sometimes it is ok to reject the Chairman's request'; (2) she knows she cannot reject the Chairman (despite what the wife egged her to do), so she has to agree but since she knows it is going to be shi**y working for YW and her toy boy, might as well ask for authority so she doesn't need to adhere to nonsensical proposals; (3) another alternative outcome is that this may give YW a chance to reject her (although it went OTT with the crazy YW throwing tiles at her), and thus HW would have legitimately got out of the offer from the Chairman without offending him.

It also helps to know that all this was done during the Mahjong session, which is when you need to strategise in order to win. [Director-nim and writer-nim is just brilliant here.] And we have seen HW winning in the previous round. It shows that she is a master at strategizing and it was not a straight-forward ambition to become a CEO.

Guest xianzhongfan

tinybelle said: that's how I saw that scene, too, @xianzhongfan‌ . HW has proven just how good she is at pulling strings from behind the scenes. The way she's juggling being a triple agent. The way she orchestrated bailing Sun Jae out of jail so that it would seem her husband was the one to do it. The way she's maneuvering the corruption by opening accounts under her parents' names. And this time with the CEO position, too. To me it was all part of a ploy.

Hi everyone. I am ussually a silent reader and rarely post but I just couldnt wait  any longer and was looking for some information regarding the next eposode. There is no video preview yet but they posted text previre for ep 7. I hope some kind soul can help us to underanstand what we can expect on Monday. I hope there will be a video soon.

부제 : 밀회 7회 예고편
"집이라는 데가, 가끔은 직장 같을 때두 있단다." 

영우(김혜은)에게 마작패로 맞고 온 아내 혜원(김희애)에게 도리어 행동 조심하라 이르는 준형(박혁권). 

그의 말 한마디에 남의 눈 의식하며 사는 삶에 염증을 느끼는 것도 잠시, 혜원은 선재 (유아인) 의 청결한 궁핍에도 눈물이 난다. 

하필 입학 오디션을 준비하는 선재도 혜원이 이끄는 대로 따라주지 않아 혜원은 외롭기만 하고. 

한편 영우의 사업 뒷바라지로 바쁘던 와중에 성숙(심혜진)이 서회장(김용건) 건으로 혜원을 압박해오는

데... 

Oh my goodness!! Finally!! Thank you very much @nikvera!!

You know the saying...."when desperate, use Google translate". So here's what it says....

"Subtitle: Chillin 7th trailer "The house that day, sometimes the same ttaedu itdanda work." Young Woo (gimhyeeun) to hit on his wife with tiles Hye Won (gimhuiae) leading to a rather careful action-Jun (bakhyeokgwon). Conscious of a word in his life lived in the public eye it is a moment to feel irritated, Hye Won pre-existing (infant of) is in need of a clean cry. Of all admissions to prepare for the audition hye seonjaedo"

Right, I don't see exciting words like "room", "motel", "hotel", "bed", etc. I think all it says is that HW is upset by the tile-assault and needed to cry her eyes out n SJ going for audition....