[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Netizen Buzz 

class="date-header" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; position: relative; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana, sans-serif; min-height: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wednesday, April 9, 2014

TV: [spoilers!!!] Secret Love Affair

2014040912371774797-540x287_59_201404091

Article: 'Secret Love Affair', a poetic bed scene

Source: 
Naver

1. [+112, -6] A drama I'm keeping an eye on..

2. [+116, -16] Excellent direction. Daebak.

3. [+85, -12] For a drama centered around a topic as sensitive as ethics, I applaud the producers for expressing a topic that can be uncomfortable in such a poetic way that really pulls at the viewer's emotions.

4. [+71, -6] A sensible bed scene with excellent direction. There are times where I forget that they are indeed in a secret love affair ㅎㅎ

5. [+55, -11] I thought that their relationship might've been portrayed in a more beautiful manner had they not gotten physical but the bed scene was rather beautiful on its own.

6. [+42, -8] A drama that feels like I'm reading a novel at a slow pace. 

7. [+54, -26] I'm of the opposite opinion in that the plot itself makes me uncomfortable. Too many scenes that show the dirty sides of the upper class and Kim Hee Ae's job as well... All of it is just so dirty to me. Is it just a drama or is high class society really like that? All I like out of the drama is Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae's acting.

8. [+33, -12] I feel bad for Sunjae and Hyewon......

9. [+33, -13] Amazing drama. Unfortunate viewer ratings but I'm glad I'm able to watch such an amazing drama. A poetic bed scene... what an accurate expression.  

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/tv-spoilers-secret-love-affair.html?m=1 

Guest AudreyB

chingulinka said: sweetpeaga said: It says something about a person's character when their conscience doesn't let them know their actions are wrong. I'm not a fan of the lead female because she's greedy in my opinion. However, nor am I a fan of the lead character (regardless of his looks) --it's the people you know who will stab you in the back. 

ktomato said: So after all the fighting and scolding HW suddenly decided she'd go to SJ home and do the Deed with him just because he'd left his home keys at her office? And not being a player herself, she couldn't be motivated by sudden urges. I know some people say its because SJ declared his love and showed concern for HW but he's been doing that forever! Why decide to sleep with SJ so suddenly and so unromantically? From fleeing away in shock and panic from the love motel to finding her way to his home to get laid? Doesn't quite make sense. And how come all of a sudden HW has the freedom to sleep over without alibi or even informing her hubby? My suspicion is that unlike what many said here, when she left, it wasn't the next morning yet. It was still at night. Lastly, I would strongly urge pdnim to find our 2 love birds another love nest cuz this current one is being stalked by stalker and roosted by a cuckoo bird!!

chingulinka said: "You don't need an impressive CV. Just live enjoying music."
I love it that SJ is giving HW a piece of her own advice!
And then he adds his own thoughts to it:
"I think that's what love is. Enjoying it till the end.
I want to play that piece like that, too. After practicing it until my arms are about to fall out... ..... and I might be pissed off with variation 8 staccato, but one day it suddenly comes through and I get all excited. That's loving it in the best possible way. That's jang tang (all that matters). Forget the food chain, slave or whatever."

After that monologue, no wonder that HW went to his house and waited for him in bed. Such a passionate idea about music, love and life is extremely impressive! WOW! Hats down to SJ - he is one AMAZING guy!

I haven't watch episode 7 and 8 yet but I see a lot of funny stuff on this thread  :)) it seems that they like to tease us  =)) 10 pages to read  ;))
I better hurry and watch those episodes to have my own opinion ;)

So I've rewatched 'sex' scene for the 10th time and I noticed that when they are sitting and drinking beer, HW doesn't have her ring on.
She was wearing it most of episode though, I think it's very symbolic. Just like when SJ was hurt when he was looking at her ring, this night he can finally feel like she's 'his woman' ^^
2n1crqd.jpg
Sorry for the bad quality of screencaps TT^TT

• Like 1

Guest AudreyB

plushy said: So I've rewatched 'sex' scene for the 10th time and I noticed that when they are sitting and drinking beer, HW doesn't have her ring on.
She was wearing it most of episode though, I think it's very symbolic. Just like when SJ was hurt when he was looking at her ring, this night he can finally feel like she's 'his woman' ^^
MOD EDIT. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES AND VIDEOS
Sorry for the bad quality of screencaps TT^TT

plushy said: So I've rewatched 'sex' scene for the 10th time and I noticed that when they are sitting and drinking beer, HW doesn't have her ring on.

Wow, this script was written so beautifully.  I notice earlier in the episode, HW dropped her perfume bottle and Joon asked what happened.  HW said maybe it is menopause.  Joon was surprised that it would be so early.  That explains to me why HW said "maybe I am worse than you."  Even though the physical affection might be the first time for SJ, but for HW she might have passed her prime.  This is even more impressive to me because she is not a player (horny woman) and that she just want to be close to SJ and be considerate to his feelings.  So her passion for love is different from that of the chairman or Young Woo (not lust).  The love of the OTP is much deeper.

ktomato said:

Wow, this script was written so beautifully.  I notice earlier in the episode, HW dropped her perfume bottle and Joon asked what happened.  HW said maybe it is menopause.  Joon was surprised that it would be so early.  That explains to me why HW said "maybe I am worse than you."  Even though the physical affection might be the first time for SJ, but for HW she might have passed her prime.  This is even more impressive to me because she is not a player (horny woman) and that she just want to be close to SJ and be considerate to his feelings.  So her passion for love is different from that of the chairman or Young Woo (not lust).  The love of the OTP is much deeper. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Since this scene is brought up, I'd like to know what not being able to open a bottle has got to do with menopause??

Finally watched 7&8 with Subs...... Lovely lovely lovely! Lots of stuff make good sense now.....although some still dont.....

Can someone please explain the convo about HW wearing SJ's shirt? Something about wearing SJ's mum clothes and winning and escape route. So confusing.

Don't get the writing name bit too. U mean in korean soceity u can't write another persons name?