[Drama 2014] TV Novel - Land of Gold / TV순금의 땅

valsava

photo366091.jpg                 Land of Gold (순금의 땅)Directed by Sin Hyeon-soo (신현수)

Screenplay by Lee Seon-hee (이선희)

Drama

KBS | Airing dates : 2014/01/06~Upcomingproductionp

Mon~Fri 9:00
Synopsis
A drama about a heroine named Jeong Soon-geum who succeeds in her ginseng business around the Limjin River in the 1950s to 1970s.

Source

Kang Ye-sol (강예솔)

Kang Ye-sol (강예솔)Kang Ye-sol (강예솔)Kang Eun-tak (강은탁)Baek Seung-hee (백승희)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that at least a member of the cast of "Happiness in the Wind," Kang Eun Tak, will be in this drama.  He played the oppa of the star.  Jung Ae Ri will also appear.  Lee Hyun Kyung from "Jolly Widows" is also in this drama.

Will give my support here as I normally will watch first few ep to gauge a story. So, depending on how story go, I may be popping in and out. Great that you have started this thread. Hope it has a great storyline. Seem to me like another Bokhee, Samsaengi story. Poor girl make it end of the day. Good if there are no YR(SMH) or YJ(EunHui). At least, I think, definitely will be a lively and smart heroine unlike EH, bland to the end.

I am not sure when the series will start in my area.  Usually drama series in my area begin three to five weeks after the original broadcasts in South Korea.  "Eun Hee" should have about four more weeks of running in my area.  My cable guide only shows the episodes through January 10.  The following Monday, "Gu Am Heo Joon," a series which was supposed to have run on MBC is scheduled to run in part of the timeslot when "Eun Hee" is supposed to run.  I suspect that the company which runs the three Korean channels in my area are rearranging which cable channel shows which Korean network.  They did that about three years ago.  They have done it again.  Unfortunately the schedule shows "Samsaengi,"  the predecessor of "Eun Hee.  I have not followed a Korean dram since "Samsaengi."  I started to record "Eun Hee"  but gave up and started watching old episodes of "The Twilight Zone" and some current broadcast networks programs.

Same over at my end. We are at Ep130 yesterday, so 10 Ep behind on KBS world.the website Koreanobserver has the KBS world drama updated daily about one hour after it run on TV. I am watching on a chinese website PPTV which has KBS TVB show updated within 24 hr with chines sub. This is the best for me as I can read a bit of chinese character vs nil for korean. Always fail to get the two website as stated by valsava and timsha. For those who can read mandarin, PPTV is a good site for korean drama. Update is fast. Azdrama is best for eng sub but many countries cannot get this site. Try this to get latest Kdrama than to watch on KBS world. Note: They don't do lengthy drama but surprisingly Melody of love is there up to Ep28. They only started uploading last week so may take a while before they catch up.

oh gosh, I really didn't even think of following the next TV Novel since the past couple of ones have been duds. But the scriptwriter did "Thorn Birds" which I loved to bits. Other works from the scriptwriter include "Amore Mio" and "Father's House", "Air City" and "Models"

And the director has worked on many of the older TV Novels from 2003-2006, including being a co-director for one of my favorite TV Novels "You are a Star".

I guess we won't really know the direction of this drama till the child characters grow up, which will take some time episode-wise.

Can't believe I'm being suckered into a majority of the dailys (Well Raised Daughter, Melody of Love, this one, and the synopsis for a new KBS daily "Angel's Revenge" which will start on KBS 1/6/14 and on KBS World 1/20/14)

Guest Tamz1430292084

@valsava. From experience, I've learnt to expect the plot to be complicated at there are so many episodes, it may get draggy at some point - I don't mind it & I can accept as long as it's not preposterous like SMH. Thanks for starting the thread & this is the first time that I jump in as soon as it starts.
@efparri. I remember you  in Samsaengi, hope you will join us same with @krgeek. I too watch the KBSW sub so I won't be able to do much except to lurk around. If @Timsha can't do the recap, I hope that @gene71632 who did a very good job with Samsaengi & Your Lady, will watch & do the recap here. 

Guest Tamz1430292084

Any one watched the first episode? Any volunteer/s to help with translation? Where can I watch the raw - otherwise I will have to wait for KBSW (that will be 10 episodes behind).

Archived