[Drama 2014] TV Novel - Land of Gold / TV순금의 땅

valsava

Soon Geum's mum recognised Jung's voice and goes in search of him at that scrap yard but that nasty nosey woman says the man who owns the scrap yard is Kim Bong Dal and that she is his wife. Also in today's episode Kim Bong Dal discovers that Soon Geum's mum is the DIL from that rich household ... and does all possible to keep it a secret from his friend Jung Soo Bok.  SG's mum tells her hubby (that  rich man Han Chi Soo) about hearing a voice that sounded so alike to Jung's, so looks like hubby knows his wife had a child with another man who she believes is dead... he finds her placing a call to someone in an effort to locate her daughter's whereabouts.  Hubby is getting all agigated and gets driver Kim to locate the person SG's mum was trying to get in touch with .... he is definitely up to no good. My thought is that he might have lied to her that Jung is dead and got her to marry him instead cos he obviously loves her.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@timsha,  I didn't watch last night due to a bad headache,  After reading your comment I will go watch now. I had a feeling that driver and the husband had something do with her being there. So good to know it's funny business going on there. So is the nasty nosey lady suppose to like the little girls father or Kim Bong Dal. I can see her being a problem, She might team up with the evil MIL. The evil MIL is afraid of the little girls mom coming to take her.   

@valsava I have yet to watch today's episode ...but I was thinking this drama might go along the way of Bokhee.... little SG will go live with her mum perhaps after her dad Jung dies and she will learn about the ginseng business from her mum's husband.

@vasalva If you have the time watch today's episode where SG's mother realises that SG is her daughter and that Jung is still alive.... and how the sadistic driver Kim at Mdm Se's command viciously beats up Jung with everyone just watching and not doing anything to stop the cruel attack.

@timsha,  I meant to say the little girl why the evil lady slap her. I see the part were she learns she's her daughter. Just has you suggested I think she will end up up that house with her Mom. In the servants quarters also. I wonder why she left in child in the first place ha knew she had a child. I still don't know there names and also is the bar lady thinking of raising that other little boy are will he be a spy for her about her daughter. 
What was the nosey lady son saying to her. When she claim to be his wife and why was she so scared of the driver. I remember you saying that she said they killed her husband. I wonder if she tried to pull a fast one and got caught.
Do that evil MIL have the housekeeper out looking for the little girls Mom.Why they don't want her with her daughter.       

@valsava OK get what you mean now .... little SG was slapped by MIL (Mdm Se) cos her daughter that rich little girl (Han Jin Kyung) got ill after eating the cookies bought from the nosey lady's (Duk Goo's mum... I havent figured out her name yet) shop.  The girl with that fish bowl hair cut told Mdm Se that SG made HJK eat strange cookies hence SG got slapped so harshly that left her left cheek all bruised and also a cut on her neck.

News reaches that boarding house about what happened ....Bong Dal is all worried cos SG went there and met her mum again, nosey lady gets into a panic cos they will come for her and true enough driver Kim makes an appearance at the shop to confiscate a bag of cookies as evidence (I am not sure whether it was illegal to sell those cookies??).

In the meantime rich little girl HJK recovers and SG's mum comes to realise thru some conversation they had that SG is her daughter and that her father Jung is alive.  She goes running however that man servant comes upon her all distraught and brings her home.

Jung who comes back late at night sees the bruises on SG's cheek/neck and goes storming to that rich household demanding a explanation..... that evil MIL Mdm Se gets driver Kim to viciously beat up Jung .... and nobody makes an attempt to stop him.

@timsha,  Great I was trying to figure out what was in the bag, I can't wait til they start to sub this Novel for all these kids is nerve  wracking. The other little boy that hands out with the nosey lady son I don't think that little boy is hers. I'm wondering will the bar lady make him her spy. She feed him a meal and was asking him question and I think he told her his Mom was dead.

Bar lady's name is Inok .... I too think she might take both that boys in as they are orphans. Little boy's name is Young Soo and his older brother is Yoon Jung Soo...they are that boys that go around picking up rubbish.  The older one is interested in little SG and when they are grown up both Jung Soo and Woo Chan will be interested in SG..... at least thats what I think.  Inok like you suggested might use little Young Soo to get info about her daughter in that rich house.

@timsha,  If you watch tonight episode can you tell me what Woo Chan father is doing he also looks like he looking for someone and got news of them being dead. Was selling ginseng illegal back then. Looks like the MIL worked and still  have ties to the gisaeng house. I wonder if the little girl Mom got tied up what the gisaeng  and the SIL may have bought her from there. Boy that rich house sure got a lot iron in the fire.

Some episodes back I got the impression that Woo Chan's dad was either trying to locate his wife or daughter (or both).... he gave that money from that ginseng transaction to a shady looking guy at the bar to locate them.  I mentioned this earlier too and agree with you that MIL at some point in time must have been a cheap bar girl selling liquor and doing tricks on the side thats how she knows Inok and she probably claimed Inok's daughter HJK as her child fathered by that rich dad of the stepson, thats how she might have got entry into that household ....  she lords it over everyone with such vicious meaness ... of course I am only assuming but in that household like you said, everyone seems to have lots of skeletons in their closet. 

@valsava lol we were right about evil MIL Mdm Se .... she visits a gisaeng house and the head lady there introduced her to the other gisaengs and asked them to greet their 'sombaenim'  :D  ....I tell you I had that evil one figured out from day one.  Anyways Mdm Se was there to ask head gisaeng to find out the whereabouts of Inok.

At HJK's insistence/tantarum,  Mdm Se gave her permission for SG to visit the house as HJK was not allowed to attend school.  HJK told Haengja (girl with fish bowl hair cut... I finally figured out their names) to make sure WC comes along too. SG's mum, Yun Hui, cooks up a storm cos SG is visiting.  Touching scene in the washroom where her mum cries as she washes SG's feet and flashback when SG was a baby she had wiped her little feet.

That hubby is getting more and more sinister in his movements....after receiving a phone call he leaves with driver Kim...they cross some military checkpost and meet another sinister looking guy .... at this stage I really dont know what hubby is up to.

Lots of other interactions I left out cos I could not make sense of it .... like after the beating Jung Su Bok thrown out onto the road and his friend Bong Dal comes by to take him home asking him if he saw that household's DIL...Jung Su Bok said 'no' and Bong Dal says something .  Also after the beating, there was a conversation between SG's mum and hubby ..... hubby refered to Jung/SG as her husband/child?????...not sure what that was about. Another scene with Bong Dal meeting SG's mum ... I think he wanted to know if SG's mum was going to return to Jung.  And I think that guy is taking WC's dad for a ride making him believe he can locate WC's mum.

By the way did you realise that there is only you and I on this thread lately.... reminds me of the Eunhui thread in the beginning almost dead like this one now.

@timsha,  I put that much of this drama together I'm wondering if Bong Dal will be getting money out of her claiming it's for them. Mdm Se been doing some dirty work to get out of the giseang house, wanting to live large. I wonder if she would have Inok killed are ran out of town. Clearly the little girl is her meal ticket. She knows that SIL will put her out if he finds out. I know he's in some shady business there. I think this other mysterious man is supposed to be Japanese. 

By the way did you realise that there is only you and I on this thread lately.... reminds me of the Eunhui thread in the beginning almost dead like this one now.

Yes I noticed that we will get company between episode 20 thru 30 a lot of people is waiting for EH to finish . Now that I got the gist of the story I'm liking this Novel and will keep watching. I can't wait for her to go and live with her Mom which I think will happen at some point.  

@timsha,  I think nosey lady know of the woman Woo Chan father is looking for and looks like she is trying to scheme something up when Halmoni told her to mind her business. Woo Chan might comes from a wealthy family. I wonder who they looking for got sold to the giseang house. Nose lady son seem to have more sense then her. 
I really trying to figure out her and Mdm Se story why is she so scared of her. Tell me she didn't buy all that cabbage for her to make Kimchee just because she feed those kids.
After next week we should be getting ready to go through a time jump.

Rough Relationships on the Main Characters (Credit Baidu Forum)
- May not be accurate (Don't stone me!). Watch and see the drama if it turns out indicated.

1. Woo Chang - Soon Geum

Woo Chang likes Soon Geum and vice versa but Woo Chang's father died during smuggling of ginseng which seems to be linked to Soon Geum's father Chi Soo and thus Woo Chang began his revenge and broke off with Soon Geum. Later Woo Chang died.

2. Jung Soo - Soon Geum

Jung Soo liked Soon Geum but Soon Geum only treated Jung Soo as a brother. When Woo Chang died, Jung Soo continued to love Soon Geum and helped her.

3. Woo Chang - Jin Kyung

Jin Kyung liked Woo Chang but Woo Chang doesn't like her. Woo Chang got together with Jin Kyung to his revenge. It was speculated that Jin Kyung may have gotten pregnant with Woo Chang's child after a drunken episode. Jin Kyung hated Soon Geum in her heart and did all sorts of nasty things towards her. Jin Kyung transformed into an antagonist as she grew up.

After Woo Chang died, Jin Kyung gave birth to his child and abandon the child. (In the character description, Jin Kyung went mad.) Jung Soo who became a pharmacist raised the child.

I really liked Woo Chang and Soon Geum together but I guess fate can be cruel in life. Woo Chang's jumping to conclusion about his father's death may have cause his twisted fate with Soon Geum. It seems like a great TV Novel to follow. I apologize in advance as I do not have time this year to recap but will join in the discussion. :D

Archived