[Drama 2014] God's Gift - 14 Days/신의 선물 - 14일

SongMira

To me having watch GG last 2 episodes on TV, frankly I am not greatly disappointed that its endings is bad, but just not good enough for our expectations, because we normally want straight forward answers, especially to the ending, which the writer just refused to do so. However, GG ratings is not as good as One Warm Word, because its a different genre, and obviously due to its theme, it has more relation to most ahjummas, I , too, didn't One Warm Word at the beginning, but I do stick to watching the 2nd half of the drama,l which is more at heart to most women, so it is not surprising of the higher ratings, but there and then, it ended earlier, where EK was just becoming thickens with its plots with the start of GG, especially when it started the romanace when GG started to air, so in terms of that, it will still put viewers away from GG. Furthermore, GG is a drama whether you love or hate it. One friend of who watched plenty of k-drama, didn't like it because there's no answer to all the questions until the last episodes, which is not her cup of tea, where she would prefer dramas which are predictable and easy to understand, something which is not my cup of tea.So all in all, I can only say, its mainly our interest with the lead cast and also the plots of the story that will make us like or dislike it. Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in the pot 9 days old.But to compare all the dramas and comment one is better than the other is pretty meaningless unless one take into account the types of genre and also the competitors - whether they are weak or strong.Anyway, it is still very ok to recommend GG to your friend since, this is probably one of the very few drama, the other being Gapdong that is keeping viewers glued to the plots. The writer should have reduced some of the unnecessary red herrings at the beginnings to give more timings to wrap up GG nicely.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

翻译如下:
标题:神礼之后。。曹承佑演音乐剧,李宝英休息中
终演将近两个月的SBS电视剧《神的礼物-14日》虽然由于竞争作品收视率并不理想,但至今对观众们而言,仍是一部脍炙人口的作品。其中尤为默契的两位演员曹承佑、李宝英最近在做些什么呢?
#曹承佑-从荧屏回归音乐剧+大屏幕
以下省略关于曹承佑的100字
#李宝英-休息+消化行程
《神礼》中饰演金秀贤初次挑战妈妈角色的李宝英,开心却有些遗憾地以其他作品获了奖。去年李宝英凭借《听音》获得SBS演技大奖,这次第50届百想艺术大赏中又以《听音》获得了电视部分的女子最优秀演技奖。
李宝英在4月22日《神礼》终演后短暂休息过后,正在消化之前堆积的行程。主要是广告和画报拍摄,同时边休息边挑选下部作品。
李宝英所属经纪公司称:李宝英在神礼中饰演的角色比较阴暗和沉重,心中比较倾向于挑选活泼明朗、充满希望的角色。
Translation:
After God's Gift 14 Days, Jo Seung Woo is working on his musicals, while Lee Bo Young is taking a break.
Its almost 2 months since God's Gift 14 Days has ended, and the ratings is not high due to the strong competition, however, to the viewers, it is an memorable piece of work.To the two leads who had great chemistry in the drama, what are they doing currently?
Jo Seung Woo has returned to the musicals and also the big screen.
Lee Bo Young is currently resting and also clearing her work schedules.
Lee Bo Young who took the challenge of a mother in God's Gift, she is both happy and also with some regret that she received an award for the other drama. Last year, Lee Bo Young received SBS Daesang for "I Hear Your Voice", and in the 50th Baeksang Award, she too received the Best Actress Award for the TV section for the same drama.
After the ending of God's Gift on 22 April, Lee Bo Young took a short break. Currently she is clearing the schedules that had piled up during the shooting of God's Gift. Mainly is the shooting of CF and magazines. At the same time she is taking a break and also choosing her next project.
Her company states: Lee Bo Young's character in God's Gift is dark and heavy, however she is more in favour of a character that is happy, bright and full of hope.
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014061110320812138&type=1&outlink=1

Guest adikkeluangman

Which K-Drama Dad Wins The Best Dad Mug On Father's Day? 
With the approach of "Father's Day," it's time to focus on this year's k-drama dads, the best, the worst and some with questionable motives.
BqB8JzDCYAApUEE.jpg

Maybe the k-drama mug for Best K-Drama Dad should be given to 2PM's Ok Taecyeon for his role as the teenage father in the weekend drama "Wonderful Days." His twin children are raised as his siblings and it breaks his heart that they don't know he is really their dad. When he finally tells them the truth, they are none too pleased. This shakes up his world and it prompts him to improve himself so they can have a better life.
The most self-sacrificing dad award might go to Kim Sang Joong for playing Lee Jong Suk's dad in "Doctor Stranger." He sacrificed himself, facing a firing squad, to help his son escape to South Korea.
Yoon Joo Sang, who has played so many k-drama dads, was one of this year's most likeable. He managed to survive and help solve the romantic and financial troubles of his grown children in "One Warm Word," dispensing warm words and understanding gestures.
Another noteworthy father-son relationship took place between Choi Jin Hyuk and his character's father, played by Kang Shin Il in "Emergency Couple." The two did not have the best relationship but grew closer as the drama progressed, thanks to some intervention by Song Ji Hyo's character.
The worst k-drama dad in 2014 would have to be a tie between Eom Hyo Seop who played Kang Sung Wook, Daniel Choi's dad in "Big Man" and Jeon Kuk Hwan who played El Temur in "Empress Ki."
Kang Sung Wook may have loved his son enough to kill for him but what kind of way is that to raise a son? He raised him to be cruel and ruthless. El Temur was an even worse example. He turned his two sons into bloodthirsty warmongers and then he made his daughter marry a man he despised just so he can rule the kingdom.
Jeon Kuk Hwan plays a slightly better dad in "Doctor Stranger." As hospital chief Oh Joon Gyu, he may not be a nice guy but he looks out for his daughter played by Kang So Ra and wants her to marry someone she truly loves.
In "God's Gift - 14 Days," Kim Tae Woo did not mean to be a bad dad. He loved his daughter but his bad choices landed her in a lot of trouble. Fortunately, his k-drama wife, played by Lee Bo Young, saved the day.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/24929/20140613/which-k-drama-dad-wins-the-best-dad-mug-on-fathers-day.htm

Guest dhebbie2t

Just finished this drama and I love it
the first part of the drama is always a goosebumps
then the middle part were like, I feel like I am an investigator, investigates who is the killer together with them. lol
And the ending I can say, I am contented. I always like happy ending so I love the ending.
Good Job on this drama I really liked it

and by the way SaetByul is so cute, I like the kid.

Guest Tribute12

@dhebbie2t‌ glad you like it.. for you the ending is happy and satisfactory rite? Hmm.. Because saet byul was survived? Hehe..

• 2 weeks later...

According to this article, US has bought the rights for God's Gift - 14 Days. This is excellent news, especially I can vouch that GG is the best drama so far for the 1st half of 2014. 
Gift of God' (pictured) is the first terrestrial TV remake rights to export to the United States.

Jongbang in April, SBS 'God's gift to -14 days' (a play, less than a godsend choeran) is famous for the production of the United States received a love call. 'Gift of God', SBS has the right to consult the detailed parts already finished ahead of a formal written contract. SBS said, "The United States has been in production in the first contact. Ipjangcha has been coordinating a large part of both sides "and" can not disclose the specific amount of the remarkable advance to the United States may receive treatment, "he was tipping.

Korea drama is a remake in Asia, not in the Americas is extremely unusual. Last year, the cable channel tvN drama "Nine: nine one-time travel 'is exported but never once in the terrestrial drama' gift of God 'is the first.

Meanwhile, South Korea has been importing drama. Pre-production of the so-called 'Mead (American Drama) "and" FR (Japanese Drama)' is the most complete story and great visual beauty and Launching Korea caught the eyes of viewers. But the script is rife side is reminiscent of the live schedule Korea drama created by digestion and were often ends with a flash in the pan. The official said, "'God's gift' to the American viewers prefer more meaningful in terms of greater jangreumul. Jangreumul can be called the home of the United States sent a love call it "God's gift" of creativity and perfection can be a tall mountain would, "he said.

'God's gift' to a group in the United States entry into the background feat that has choeran writer. 2008 SBS drama, 'Iljimae' success was a whopping maximum of six years after the artist had an interregnum. Been introduced in the works of writing is 'God's gift' is. Because of this 'gift of God' is broadcasted at the same time full of dense development in the narrative and the audience a sense of urgency and a fierce fight with brain had pushed the limelight. After the ending of the last episode was broadcast on various interpretations left comes long finish.

Joseungwoo actor is starring Lee Bo Young, who did 'God's gift' to revive the love for her two weeks ago, leaving the mother's story of time travel drama depicting time warp.

Anjinyong reporter realyong@munhwa.com

[Copyright ⓒ munhwa.com 'Republic of Korea to open the afternoon's only Cultural Evening Times' all rights reserved (Subscribe: 02) 3701-5555 / Mobile Web: m.munhwa.com)]

“God’s Gift – 14 Days” Will Be Getting an American Remake
gods-gift.jpg
For the first time for a terrestrial broadcast network (i.e. KBS, MBC, and SBS) K- drama, “God’s Gift – 14 Days” will be remade in America.
During April, SBS’s “God’s Gift – 14 Days” ended and it received an from a famous production company in America. SBS owns the rights of the drama and after working out the details, it is waiting to sign the official contract. An official of SBS hinted that, “An American production company contacted us first. Although we can’t reveal the exact amount of the contract, we are receiving a remarkable deal and will advance into the American market.”
It’s very unusual for a Korean drama to be remade, not in Asia, but in the US. Although cable network tvN’s drama, “Nine: Nine Times Travel” was exported last year, “God’s Gift” is the first for a non-cable, terrestrial broadcast network drama. 
All this time, Korea has been the importer of dramas. Many Korean viewers have their eyes on American and Japanese dramas for their high quality stories and amazing visuals. In contrast, there are many situations where Korean dramas end anticlimactically because the schedule to film a drama is almost like filming a live show. The official added, “This drama means more to us knowing that it’s a genre that American viewers prefer. The reason why the American production company sent us the offer was because of the drama’s creativity and perfection.”
“God’s Gift – 14 Days” is about a mother who travels two weeks before her daughter’s accident in order to save her. Actors Lee Bo Young and Jo Seung Woo play the main characters of the drama.
Source : http://www.soompi.com/2014/06/30/gods-gift-14-days-will-be-getting-an-american-remake/#.U7Ig26dp7GV

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Jo Seung Woo wears Slim Stretch Cargo Pants by BESLOW in this scene from drama God's Gift - 14 Days.1492409_584739774955741_1806106260_o.jpg

女神接力攻台 李寶英新劇接檔《星星》

2014年07月08日 17:55蔡曉婷
  • 小字型
  • 中字型
  • 大字型1932點閱2/10我要評比
  • 李寶英(左)新劇《神的禮物》將接檔《來自星星的你》,在中視全台首播。(圖/中視提供)李寶英(左)新劇《神的禮物》將接檔《來自星星的你》,在中視全台首播。(圖/中視提供)

今年韓國百想藝術大賞上除了人氣王金秀賢之外,就以李寶英和全智賢最為風光,兩人分別拿下女子最優秀演技賞及電視部門年度大賞,而「雙賢」的《來自星星的你》在中視播出收視亮眼,本周《星星》大結局之後,將由李寶英婚後回歸大作《神的禮物》接棒播出,中視雙語首播消息一出,網友紛紛表達高度期待。

李寶英與全智賢兩大女神不僅穩坐韓劇一線女星地位,同時擁有絕美的外貌和令人稱羨的婚姻生活,李寶英的明星老公池城和全智賢的豪門老公無疑都為「高富帥」代表,讓兩人成為當今韓國演藝圈中聲勢最旺的「人生勝利組」。

李寶英婚後作品《神的禮物》被網友喻為是「本年度最值得追的神劇」,中視7/18起將接棒《星星》於周五、周六晚間10點播出《神的禮物》,該劇講述一位母親為了挽救孩子的生命而進行時間旅行的故事,提供雙語版本且一次播出兩個小時。

• 3 weeks later...

本期(1901期)时报周刊综介绍李宝英,旧雨新知们大家一起来看看我们心中的宝英姐吧!

37487dc6a7efce1bca9d7ffbac51f3deb58f65f0

气质女星李宝英婚后母性大开,她在《神的礼物》中饰演一名为拯救女儿,而进行「时间旅行」的母亲。她去年和爱情长跑6年的池城结婚,婚后频被韩媒追问生育计画,她求饶说,只想顺其自然;池城反倒心急:「希望第一胎是像李宝英的女儿」。

李宝英感情、事业皆得意,去年9月和同为演员的池城共组家庭,今年又获颁第50届百想艺术大赏TV部门女子最优秀演技奖。虽说她的演艺成绩有目共睹,但韩媒对她的私生活更感兴趣,频问她何时生子。

还没当妈戏中预习

她招架不住,老实招认目前没生育计画。但她在婚后首部接演的韩剧《神的礼物》中,母性大开,为救出遭掳的女儿,穿越时空回到案件发生前2周,在这14天内,她必须阻止凶手、夺回孩子。

「这是我首度挑战妈妈的角色,也是第一次接演穿越时空的戏码,对我来说是一大挑战。」李宝英说:「在这3个月拍摄期内,我完全与剧中人物融为一体,成了为孩子孤军奋战的母亲。」

《神的礼物》有不少追逐战,导演为她请了替身,但她尽量亲自上阵,替身力赞:「她的衣服都很紧,无法穿戴足够的保护带,很怕她受伤,可是李宝英敬业,有的演员连摔倒在地的戏都不喜欢,但她不会耍大牌,能做的都尽量去做。」

李宝英很贴心,她减少使用替身的另一个原因,是因看到替身的膝盖、手肘全是淤青,「有时觉得太残忍,一个瘦弱的女子当我的替身,觉得很对不起她。」

2292eedde71190ef227725eecd1b9d16fcfa609e

家教森严做菜有天分

剧中,李宝英对小孩的教育非常严厉,她小时候也被母亲严格控管,「我最怕的数字是4444。」她解释,家中门禁时间是晚上10点,只要超过10点没进家门,BB Call就会接到母亲传来的「4444」,这代表「回家你就死定了」!

李宝英还被禁止吃速食、碳酸饮料和冰淇淋,但只要爸妈没看见,她就猛吞这些东西,她曾在餐厅狂嗑10碗冰淇淋,也曾吃饼乾吃到吐,虽李宝英爸妈对她限制颇多,但也将她照顾得很好,出嫁前,她可是完全不会煮菜的。

池城日前受访提及新婚生活,表示相当幸福:「就算我半夜结束行程,她也会煮汤给我喝。」李宝英很有做菜天分,看食谱就能变出一桌美味佳肴,「我连水饺都自己包,」她笑说:「可是我只会做4人份以下的菜。」

池城死缠娶得佳人

池城是居家好男人,负责处理家中厨余及垃圾分类,早上会做早餐给爱妻吃。但李宝英一开始对他毫无兴趣,甚至想尽办法疏远。两人2004年合作《最后之舞》相识,但李宝英只当池城是前辈:「池城人很好,但给人的感觉像是模范生,认真却无趣。」李宝英甚至以「死板」形容他。

拍完《最后之舞》不久,池城便接到兵单,一次放假他约李宝英出来喝酒,李觉得莫名其妙,不懂这个前辈为何约她出来,但当时她的弟弟也在当兵,她知道军队生活压力大,於是心软前往赴约。

李宝英第2次和池城喝酒,就收到池城写的情书,但她装死1周才看信,「同是艺人压力太大了,我只想和圈外人交往。」李宝英开始躲池城,连电话也不接,但池城锲而不舍追求3个月,让李宝英知道他是认真的,才点头同意交往。

2年没工作磨练演技

不料,两人交往的消息曝光后,她的演艺工作一蹶不振,「男演员知道女主角是我后全拒演,广告也不再续约。」李宝英有2年接不到工作,这2年她自省:「原来我是可以被取代的。」「以前我只需美美地站在镜头前,根本不知道什麼叫演技。」

於是,她开始磨练自己的演技,朝实力派演员之路迈进,「很神奇的,我演得愈好、粉丝就愈多,原来观众是看得出演技好坏的。」去年她凭藉《听见你的声音》获得SBS演技大赏最高演技大赏,今年又拿下第50届百想艺术大赏TV部门女子最优秀演技奖,证明她不是花瓶。

新作《神的礼物》中,她的演技更上一层楼,把一名母亲的坚毅、失去孩子的恐惧演得淋漓尽致,这也让人更好奇她会是什麼样的母亲。

《神的礼物》节奏紧张、剧情精彩,在韩国上映时颇受好评,观众甚至认为每集都像是在看电影。除了女主角李宝英、男主角曹承佑,金泰宇、郑糠云及童星金幼彬表现同样杰出,这部戏已被美国制作公司相中,有望翻摄成美剧。

252cad1ea8d3fd1f3cf0150b334e251f94ca5fa9

图片来源:本期(1901期)时报周刊扫瞄档

Translation of the above article.
Period (1901) Times Weekly comprehensive introduction Lee Bo Young, old and new acquaintances who we take a look at our hearts Bao Ying sister now! 

Marriage, motherhood temperament actress Lee Bo Young wide open, she plays a daughter to save, and make "time travel" mother "God's gift" in. She last year and six-year courtship pool city got married frequency is Korean media questioning birth plan, she said, mercy, just go with the flow; pool City actually impatient: "I hope the first child is a daughter like Li Baoying." 
Li Baoying feelings are proud career last September and fellow actors city pool total group home, and this year was awarded the 50th paeksang Arts Awards TV sector woman's best acting award. Although her ​​acting achievements for all to see, but the Korean media is more interested in her private life, frequent asked when her children. 
Yet when the mother prep play 
She overwhelmed, honest confession is not currently fertility program. But she took a role in the header of the marriage drama "God's gift", the maternal wide open for the rescued were abducted daughter back through time and space two weeks before the incident, in which 14 days, she must stop the murderer, recapture children . 
"This is my first challenge of the role of the mother, is the first time took a role in the drama through time and space, for me it is a big challenge." Lee Bo Young, said: "In this period of three months to shoot, I'm totally with the play people integration, became the mother of the children alone. "
"God's gift" a lot of chase, the director invited a substitute for her, but she tried to personally pitched substitute force praise: "Her clothes are tight, you can not wear enough protection zone, afraid she was injured, but Li Baoying dedication, some actors play even fell to the ground do not like it, but she will not diva, do as much as possible to do it. "
Li Baoying very intimate, she reduce Another reason to use a substitute, because seeing substitute knees, elbows full of bruises, "Sometimes I feel too cruel, an emaciated woman when I was a substitute, I feel very sorry for her." 

Tutor guarded talented cook 
Play, Li Baoying the child's education is very severe, her childhood also strictly controlled by her mother, "I fear the numbers are 4444." she explained, home access time is 22:00, long as more than 10 points did not enter the house, BB Call will receive mother came "4444", which stands for "go home you're dead!" 
Li Baoying also forbidden to eat fast food, carbonated drinks and ice cream, but as long as my parents did not see, she shoved swallow these things, she was mad at the restaurant nibbling 10 bowls of ice cream, also eat biscuits to eat vomit, although Li Baoying parents on she restrictions lot, but will also take care of her very well, before marriage, but she will not cook's. 
Chi City recently interviewed mentioned married life, quite happy, said: "Even if I end the trip at night, she would give me drink soup." Li Baoying very talented cook, see recipe can conjure up a feast, "I could not even have their own package dumplings, "she says with a laugh:" but I only do four servings of vegetables less "
Chi Town Girl dead wrapped Qude 
Chi City is home a good man, is responsible for handling the family kitchen and garbage classification, would do to his beloved wife to eat breakfast in the morning. But Li Baoying a start no interest to him, and even find ways to alienate. Both in 2004 and cooperation "Last Dance" acquaintance, but only when the pool Li Baoying City is predecessors: "Chi City were very good, but feels like a model student, but seriously boring." Li Baoying even with "rigid" to describe him. 
Finished "Last Dance" Soon, the city has received a soldier single pool, a holiday he was out drinking about Lee Bo Young Lee baffled, do not understand why the older generation about her out, but when her brother is also a soldier, she knew the military life stress, then relented go appointment. 
Li Baoying City 2nd and pool drinking, they received a love letter written by the city pool, but she pretended to be dead one week only to see the letter, "is the artist with too much pressure, I just want outsiders exchanges." Li Baoying city began to hide the pool, even phone is not connected, but the pool City persistent pursuit of three months, let Li Baoying knew he was serious, just nod exchanges. 
Two years did not work honed acting 
Unexpectedly, after two exchanges of news exposure, her acting work brought to its knees, "the actor knows the heroine is full Juyan me, the ads are not to renew." Li Baoying has received less than two years of work, which is two years her introspective: "originally, I could be substituted" "Mimi ago before I just stood up, did not know what acting is." 
So she began to hone his acting skills, towards the road ahead competent actor, "is amazing, and I have played better, the more fans to the original audience could see that acting is good or bad." With her last year. "hear your voice, "get SBS Drama Awards highest acting awards, and this year won the 50th paeksang Arts Awards TV sector woman's best acting award, to prove that she is not a vase. 
New "God's gift" in her acting to the next level, to a mother's perseverance, the fear of losing their children to play vividly, it also makes people more curious about her look like a mother. 
"God's gift" fast-paced, exciting story, the acclaimed when released in Korea, the audience and even that episode is like watching a movie. In addition to actress Lee Bo Young, actor Caocheng, Kim Tae-woo, child star Jinyou Bin Zheng chaff cloud and the same outstanding performance, this movie has been phase of American production company, is expected to turn the subject into a drama. 

Source: Current (1901) Times Weekly scan files

• 2 weeks later...

Teabing first half of 2014 Top 50 TV VOD

It is the first look at the Top 50 TV VOD. In the top 10 "group Empress 'linked' godsend -14 days '4 piece drama" In you come from', 'milhoe'. If the content that represents a half 'from the stars you', and did not think it was the dark horse of JTBC 'milhoe' is everybody. Noticeable that you have entered a number of content such as the top 20 of tvN 'emergency men and women', 'gapdong this', 'love of the Witch' else.

It is also ranked in the top 34 ranking content ceased last year 'responses make 1994' unusual. Notice that there is a tendency to sell continuously over time a good content. While popular, but have good content, plummets Ranking itself, not the content they are terrestrial TV. It's entertainment program is close to being sold consistently steady seller can always have a certain ranking, but ... (because many more entertainment programs in the top-selling drama grows are going great.)

NO
TV VOD
You came from the stars
Infinite Challenge
Witch Hunt
Superman is back
Milhoe
Where Dad
Empress Ki
K Pop Star Season 3
Godsend -14 days
Running Man
Emergency gender
Gapdong this
Golden Fishery Radio Star
Dr. Gentile
Love the witch
I need romance 3
Grandpa than flowers - Spanish side
Real men
Jeongdojeon
We Got Married Season 4
You guys were surrounded
Sseoljeon
Roommate
2 days and 1 night
Three Days
Gaegwacheonseon
Mr. Young-Ae Season 13 just dwaemeokeun
I live alone
Happy Together Season 3
Married three women
Miss Korea
Inspiring era - the birth of Investments
Healing Camp glad ahnihanga
1994 respond.
Can we love
Angkeumhan stone singnyeo
I want to know it
Angel Eyes
One daughter raised well
Big man
The Genius 2 - Rule Breaker
Walking the King family.
God's Quiz Season 4
Office more flowers
One kind word
Charles let expression
Hotel King
Golden Cross
Hold my hand
Hidden Singer 2

This is great that God's Gift- 14 Days is at the 9th place for the first half of the year. Considering its lukewarm ratings against EK, it is very good, especially when the drama does not have any romance in it.

Archived