[Drama 2014] God's Gift - 14 Days/신의 선물 - 14일

SongMira

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center;"God's Gift - 14 days : Behind the scenes  id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center;"(Ki Dong-chan)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinybelle

the bts vids are cracking me up. JSW is such a treat to watch. hope he picks up a new drama soon.

fotor0516152930.png
Hot off the subbing block! :D
Here’s an old clip from the God’s Gift-14 Days press conference back in February(?), it’s Jo Seung Woo-centric, obviously. The clip is very interesting and gives fans a better insight into this magnificent actor’s thoughts.
But first off, a shout out to the amazing @saturn. for providing the translation! Enjoy! :D

Jo Seung Woo once said in an interview:
“The Korean drama system is the kind I can’t stand. If all the dramas were to be pre-produced then I would give it a try but if I have to do it piece by piece almost close to live then I can’t. Dramas don’t even let you sleep. Not sleeping or eating on time changes a person’s personality.” (source: Hancinema)
From an actor who had this enlightened view on the Korean drama system, many people were probably curious as to why he finally decided to do dramas 10 years after the start of his career. It was of course partially due to his friendship with members of the Horse Doctor production staff but that is not the whole story.
In the clip, Jo Seung Woo explains this change of heart and I find his outlook on the current movie atmosphere really fascinating. I also really respect the fact that he constantly tries to challenge himself and do things he likes, regardless of if it will be popular or not. That’s a great mindset for an actor to have. His honesty is also greatly appreciated.

Hi, fellow fans....just finished going through all the pages of this thread (yes, that's how freak i am)
Is the any subbed version for re-run ep 16 with extra scenes?
Can somebody lead me the way? >.<

I'm hoping and looking forward for season 2 (no matter how many years it would take) and yes this may sound gross but i want ki dong chan and saet byul end up together and have a love line in season 2 XD lol

Watch another God's Gift-14 Days press conference clip, translation by saturn. subtitles by yours truly. In this segment, Jo Seung Woo shares his thoughts on winning the daesang at the MBC drama awards in 2012. As usual, his answers are honest and humorous. Even Lee Bo Young couldn't keep a straight face. Enjoy but make sure you turn on the HD so that you can revel in the gorgeousness that is Jo Seung Woo :D

Guest Tribute12

Hahaha...Post GG14D @autumn93 fellow becomes devoted JSW ssi fan.. Daebak!!! I noticed with current trend of K dramas nowadays that applied flashbacks or younger parts of main leads during early eps, only SB survived from ep 1-16 because she is one of main casts instead of younger version of leads..hmm miss SB now..huwaaa.. SB aahh, unnie is jealous on you.. BEcame hot LBY ahjumma's daughter, to be serenaded by Humbled JSW, possible to meet handsome JGW on the set and hugged by NMW..

Guest Tribute12

Gag Concert GG parody (with subtitle) .

Parody on minutes - 29.21 (the king of rating's slot)

Hi! I Just want to Share God's Gift - 14Days OST :) So, Here it is : 

• Song Ji Eun If Only I Can Go To You (God’s Gift – 14Days Ost.) : http://k2ost.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/song-ji-eun-if-only-i-can-go-to-you-gods-gift-14days-ost/
  • Yang Ji Won (양지원) SPICA – If It’s Me(신의 선물) [God's Gift - 14 Days Ost.] : http://k2ost.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/yang-ji-won-if-its-me/
  • Sandeul (B1A4) Because It Hurts (아파서) [God's Gift – 14 Days] : http://k2ost.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/b1a4-because-it-hurts/
  • Kim Joo Hoon (김주훈) Remember (봄날의 꽃) [God's Gift - 14 Days] : http://k2ost.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/kim-joo-hoon-remember/
Happy Listening :) Hope You like it :)

repost from JSW thread by saturn...

Jo Seung Woo to rival Lee Byung Hun in an upcoming movie 'Insiders'. LBH will play an evil politician and JSW will play a righteous prosecutor Woo Jang Hoon who snipes rotten politicians. It will be filmed starting this summer and set to be released early next year.

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/264378
:D:D:D

Its been about 6 weeks since GG has ended, and things are pretty quiet over here. I have read some comments that although DS has been having bad reviews lately but at least its ratings has been much better than GG. After reading the post, I feel the need to post my views about the ratings. Is DS ratings better than GG? In real terms maybe, because SBS has literary avoided airing DS with EK to boost its ratings. But its a failure since even without the strong competition from EK, DS has failed to reach a ratings more than 14% and in fact has seen a decreased in its ratings in the last aired episode, dropping to a mere 11.7%, which is only having a very very slight advantage over Big Man of 11.3%. So in that sense, how can DS ratings be better than GG when it had avoided the strong competition by EK. If it had been aired during EK, I would not be surprised if its ratings is much worse than GG.
GG on the other hand has to be proud of its ratings. Despite only breaking into double digits only once, however, the ratings has remained stable throughout its competition with EK. It in fact has prevent EK from having a higher ratings, and on the contrarily, the ratings of EK has been reduced to a mere 22% towards the ending episodes with GG. So GG in fact has hold its fort very well against such a strong contender.
The two reasons why GG didn't make it higher is not with the quality of the productions (with some flaws as always with K-dramas) not the scripts - at least not until the last 2 episodes, which could have been better, but more because of the lack in romance between the 2 leads, and also the genre, too much thinking needed which may not be of interest to the ahjummas, who probably preferred something much lighter and that does not need to work their brains. The scripts and acting by the casts are definitely excellent, which is the reason they could hold on to their fort so strongly as compared to the drama that was aired after GG. 
In comparison, SBS definitely did a lot more publicity for LJS and DS as compared to GG (since I am  sure they too didn't think it will do well against EK), but it serves SBS right for their biased over the drama, like giving priority to DS by airing it after EK etc, it is ashamed that the drama is doing worst off than GG, since BM is so close to give DS a good fight and in fact, the ratings for the last aired episode has succeeded in beating DS to the first place for Seoul. Furthermore, BM was able to fight back from a low rating of 4% to a threatening ratings of 11.4 without having idol in the drama.
In all, I am still proud of GG and would consider it one of the best dramas for the first half of 2014 as compared to the other dramas I have watched. Its intriguing plots have me cracking my head from Episode 1 to Episode 16, which is the first I have seen in K-drama, whereas, most of the other dramas, the stories are usually so predictable. I guess another drama that is in the same calibre with GG would be Gapdong, which is a great drama too. 

Guest Tribute12

Yup.. Even I sligtly bitter with GG's ratings as drama that aired before GG, One warm words rating were slightly much better than GG, with last eps reached double digits and having Ek's as the competitor too.. but I totally agreed with you that GG is not completely a failure project. Ratings are stable to 8 percent. It's the tense and genre that made it deviated from norma human being taste, and just able to pull 8%..I tried to follow a few latest K dramas that being aired by those 3 channels now (I will not specific which dramas, as I dont want to be unfair because I am not so into K dramas, just watch selected one with particular factor, but GG put my interest back on k dramaland so i tried to watch a few dramas that currently aired on weekdays slots) but seriously I felt I cant stand with them anymore...I think I will be in dornancy state of K dramas after this until the finished aired with great quality drama comes out soon. I am glad, I able to finish GG as it was flowed by its genre quite well..A thriller. other dramas that currently aired are mostly having crisis identities to be honest..Mixed too many genres, let say if medical or crime or chaebol war for example, but losing focus on that main genre for the half of episodes..like become unprofessional because driven by love, love overdose have killed the rating too..make it inconsistence. then guess what? viewers there will change the Channel to any drama that easy to follow and their favourite genre is revenge..usually k dramas will show the kids parent will be killed and the hero or heroine will plan to take back on that chaebol who involved in The killing..easy to follow, rating will attract 30% to maximum..but until when revenge drama will be the most favourite genre? Could not be inspired so much as sisterhood or brotherhood genre...My peers tried to watch on airing dramas now, but they also unable to consume it more after half of the journey as most dramas on this batch loose its focus.. believe me, they are all able and addicted to finish GG (but they want to kill me due to the ending) as the intense continued in stable way and some of my friend glad that there is no romance between hero and heroine. For me, little romance is okay, just dont loose the focus on its genre...Well GG was excellent until the last two episodes. So in terms of stability and focus, I could be proudful with GG, but the wrap just quite confuse and bad.. If not, I will really without doubt promoted this drama to my friends. as the ending was like that, I just having about 70% confident to do that.. In short, I appreciate GG stability a lot. 8% viewers know that.. it's either we love and totally loyal with this series, or either we stay away with it, but never dropped halfway let say on ep 9. GG fall in that category for me. Current batch, i plan to drop halfway sometimes as the crisis identity with genre issue. crisis identity will leave no impact in me.

Archived