[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stuartjmz

said: Nice to see Park Joon Geum promoted from stepmother to mother

:)

As actors, they must be happy to to be going straight from one project to another. I am a little concerned about SJH in RM though - will she be taking a leave of absence from RM? I kind of hope so, given the potential for injury she riskjs the way she throws herself into everything. 

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo Prepare to Become “Emergency Man and Woman” (Preview)
Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo Prepare to Become “Emergency Man and Woman” (Preview)

Photos have been released showing the actors in tvN‘s upcoming drama “Emergency Man and Woman” practicing their scripts. Actors Choi Jin Hyuk, Song Ji Hyo, Lee Pil Mo, Choi Yeo Jin, Clara, Park Joon Geum and more are seen practicing their lines for the complicated love drama. “Emergency Man and Woman” follows two ex-lovers who were previously married during medical school but had gotten divorced. The ex-lovers fatefully meet again when they intern for the same emergency room at a hospital.

The Fri-Sat drama “Emergency Man and Woman” will premiere on January 24, and will take over the time slot that was occupied by “Reply 1994.”

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/girlfridaydb/news/2013b/Emergency2.jpg

You can watch the interesting teaser where the ex-lovers show their bitter feelings for each other in the video below.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/24/choi-jin-hyuk-and-song-ji-hyo-prepare-to-become-emergency-man-and-woman-preview/#.UrplTdIW3LI

It looks like some kind of promotional activity for ER Man & Woman by tvN.  One can check into Naver Search and click to Naver ER M&W then check the Q/A about the drama. There is only one question and it looks easy. There is even the hint button to search and find an answer. The event will carry on till 1/25/2014 Sat. and 1/29/2014, 10 people are selected  to win the products.

EDIT: This is a drama event poster!!!
tvN : 'Emergency Man and Woman'  Let's do it together! Search Event!!
 source: http://giftmap.interest.me/View/1638
viewimage.php?id=27b4de2efcc733&no=29bcc
cr to DC

booha said: It looks like some kind of promotional activity for ER Man & Woman by tvN.  One can check into Naver Search and click to Naver ER M&W then check the Q/A about the drama. There is only one question and it looks easy. There is even the hint button to search and find an answer. The event will carry on till 1/25/2014 Sat. and 1/29/2014, 10 people are selected  to win the products.

cr to DC

@saranghaechoiseunghyun said: booha said: It looks like some kind of promotional activity for ER Man & Woman by tvN.  One can check into Naver Search and click to Naver ER M&W then check the Q/A about the drama. There is only one question and it looks easy. There is even the hint button to search and find an answer. The event will carry on till 1/25/2014 Sat. and 1/29/2014, 10 people are selected  to win the products.

cr to DC

I only translated the part about ER Man and Woman. In the article CJH said "I will dance and sing too." 
(12/21)
CJH’s next drama ‘Emergency Man and Woman’ is the Rom-Com drama with 20 eps and it is about the couple who met again as interns in the ER unit after divorcing 6 yrs ago and becoming mortal enemies. The drama will be broadcasted on tvN next year 1/24. Filming hasn’t started but CJH revealed his anticipation and thrill.

“The title of the drama was originally named ‘May’s Garden’ and I liked very much after reading it. The dialogue sounded right for me and it is like something I used normally. I had never done this kind of character but I always wished to do the Rom-Com and I might be able to show off a different image.” According to CJH, we might see his other hidden side through this drama. He portrayed the tragic or wounded character before but this time he reinvented himself as a comic act. His eagerness was impressive.

“The main idea of a divorced couple who separated 6 yrs ago and became a mortal enemies is a funny concept to me. I met Song Ji Hyo for shootings for Teaser and posters and we would make a good match as we both have a bright and cheerful nature. I have been reading the script a lot in order to develop good comical and witty scenes. There are going to be many preposterous scenes. Also I will be quite destroyed(? ruined, wrecked, crushed). I will dance and sing too. For me it really is a big challenge. I’m going to put forward everything I can.

After Heirs, CJH will be busy with ‘ER Man and Woman’ through the remaining year and the next year. He wanted to concentrate just on the present and this simple new year’s goal gave more weight than ambitious ones.
“I’m not going to make next year’s plans. If they aren’t fulfilled, I will feel regret and I don’t like such feelings. I will try my best for the immediate things. Besides there is an army draft waiting. I am going to work the best I can before that. For now I need to concentrate on ‘ER man and Woman.’

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20131221152307488?newsid=20131221152307488

Guest livon123

omg, i am totally loving the poster, makes it romantic comedy feel yet the topic can be professional and cute. LOL well the leads are just dashing and pretty!can't wait yeah EMW!!

booha said: I only translated the part about ER Man and Woman. In the article CJH said "I will dance and sing too." 
(12/21)

CJH’s next drama ‘Emergency Man and Woman’ is the Rom-Com drama with 20 eps and it is about the couple who met again as interns in the ER unit after divorcing 6 yrs ago and becoming mortal enemies. The drama will be broadcasted on tvN next year 1/24. Filming hasn’t started but CJH revealed his anticipation and thrill.

“The title of the drama was originally named ‘May’s Garden’ and I liked very much after reading it. The dialogue sounded right for me and it is like something I used normally. I had never done this kind of character but I always wished to do the Rom-Com and I might be able to show off a different image.” According to CJH, we might see his other hidden side through this drama. He portrayed the tragic or wounded character before but this time he reinvented himself as a comic act. His eagerness was impressive.

“The main idea of a divorced couple who separated 6 yrs ago and became a mortal enemies is a funny concept to me. I met Song Ji Hyo for shootings for Teaser and posters and we would make a good match as we both have a bright and cheerful nature. I have been reading the script a lot in order to develop good comical and witty scenes. There are going to be many preposterous scenes. Also I will be quite destroyed(? ruined, wrecked, crushed). I will dance and sing too. For me it really is a big challenge. I’m going to put forward everything I can.

After Heirs, CJH will be busy with ‘ER Man and Woman’ through the remaining year and the next year. He wanted to concentrate just on the present and this simple new year’s goal gave more weight than ambitious ones.
“I’m not going to make next year’s plans. If they aren’t fulfilled, I will feel regret and I don’t like such feelings. I will try my best for the immediate things. Besides there is an army draft waiting. I am going to work the best I can before that. For now I need to concentrate on ‘ER man and Woman.’

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20131221152307488?newsid=20131221152307488

Reading that interview with CJH (THANKS to the translator!) made me both excited and a little nervous. Excited to read that this is supposed to be another true romcom. There aren't many, and I hope it is, and does well. That's why I'm a bit nervous, because PMAI is a true romcom and it's struggling in the ratings at the moment. THe Korean ratings audience seems to prefer tragic melos or sageuks, by a long margin, so I hope that EMW can survive and do well as a real romcom. 

Archived