[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

Sharing a related excerpt & witty mention on PD Na from actress Yoon Yeo Jung's interview
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3003069

It feels like ever since you appeared on Na Young-seok’s popular variety show “Sisters Over Flowers,” you have a more positive public image. Do you agree?
Yes, because in the past when I was out on the streets I only heard people murmur behind my back, but now they come up to me and say they really enjoyed watching the traveling variety show. It’s the first time this has happened to me.
If Na asks you to do another show with him, will you do it?
Who can say no to Na these days? I have to join the trend [laughs]. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most funny moments sometimes are the captions from the PDs...they really spice up ordinary moments. Below are my favs:
1- CJW on her first night in Greece preparing for sleep; she has her mask on and as she lies on the bed -> caption: scary...scary....2- LSJ was sent to get a spoon from the cafe. He asked for a spoon... he asked for a bowl then bowls...he ask for a tray...etc...-> caption: is he trying to empty the cafe kitchen? 3- CJW was sniffing at the rice cakes and finds them a bit sour.... she went to sniff and compare another portion of rice cakes....after shuffling here and there, she decides to throw away the sour rice cake (during this part as she was sniffing, she proclaims she has a nose of a dog!).... -> caption: dog's nose- CJW4- CJW needs to cut up the grilled seaweed and LSJ needs to go the the cafe kitchen again- to borrow a scissors. He grumples..his dimples shown.. he sighs... caption-> a very obedient assistant chef5- CJW is cutting the seaweed..LSJ was opening the sliding door.. a wind gushed in nearly making the seaweed flies away... CJW: close the door oppa...he closed the doors. caption-> a very obedient LSJ6- All the halbaes, CJW, LSJ sitting at the table eating the rice cake soup as Grandpa Lee starts wishing everyone with good blessings. Towards CJW he said: hopefully this year you will have good tidings. caption: why is he nodding his head? (LSJ was chewing his food nodding his head when he heard Grandpa Lee's blessing)
Kudos to all the writers and PDs in GOP, you guys rock! =)) =)) :))

In this ep, Grandpa Baek impresses me the most. On the first day of the outing, he decides to start out early. I've mentioned earlier that he's one determined fellow and he's proven me right! Throughout their travels he was always the one lagging behind. As mentioned in this ep he has gout and back aches and that's way he has to always always sits and rests.One scene shows he was in his room, his thoughts worrying as he looks at the structure of the site they are going to visit- how is he going to climb up there?Making up his mind, he decides to be the one to reach there first, instead of always letting his hyung wait for him. He did not wish to become a burden to his Hyungs.Grandpa Shin was already at the cafe when Grandpa Baek came down. He was so surprised when the latter announced that he's going out to the site first. Grandpa Baek was very candid as he told his Hyung: I am always so slow. So I'm going to go first today.In the end, both grandpas went out together.Heehee, I was totally slung by laughter when Grandpa Baek discovered the 'treasure', The Little Green Train that will bring u to Acropolis! He boarded the train while Grandpa Shin chose to walk. Hahaha..it was so cute! there was no one on board except Grandpa Baek, and he looks so happy sitting in it. Geez.. he's like a huggie teddy bear at that moment!Grandpa Baek, fighting!

I think for this trip NaPD took extra care to look more like Lee Seojin from the hairstyle to the clothes (Dramabeans noticed it too). My roommate, who doesn't even know these people happened to pass by while I was watching episode 2 and asked me if NaPD and Seojinnie were brothers. Hahaha!

My fav. is when Baek Halbae went shopping for a new pair of sneakers/runners. After a little back and forth with the man in the shop, Na PD came into rescue and he finally got what he wanted (a size 10) and he walked proudly out of the shop with his new pair of sneakers. He was brave to have gone all the way and found what he wanted in a foreign land. 

@scullaaay from my limited understanding, I think she asked him whether it tasted good or not. And you can guess that he was satisfied just from that ear to ear smile and dimples shown hahahaha

@natalia_esperon2000 I saw the ads and it says 18 April 9 pm/8pm (Thai), I'm not sure which one is closer to Philippines time..

I'm more amused in their gesture tbh, I mean she asked the halbaes in loud voice whether it's good or not, but to Seojinie it was like "(whisper) how is it oppa? Is it good?".

What's the need in whispering? Hahahah seriously if it's like this, they make us more suspicious with them :))

@natalia_esper... and @tannik Philippines has the same time as Hong Kong and Singapore, 1 hour ahead of Thailand.
@tannik What you observed is very funny... the whispering. I love oppa's smile while nodding @scullaaay that the food was good. That was a genuine smile from Mr. Grumpy !!

April 14, 2015
Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece: Episode 3
by javabeans | Dramabeans.comgreece3-00602a.jpg
javabeans: We pick up at bedtime, and there’s an extended beat showing Soon-jae halbae in bed, reading, and falling asleep in the middle of it. I swear, grandpas yawning is like animals yawning — just inexplicably cute.
girlfriday: I know, so cute. And then Seo-jinnie comes in to tuck Soon-jae halbae into bed, and it’s sweet on top of cute. Ji-woo goes to sleep with a face mask on, which looks kinda scary on camera.
javabeans: Then we jump to the morning as everyone wakes up and gets ready. I recall reading an interview with Na PD where he described his variety style as finding the little funny moments in life, which is so the opposite of most variety programs, where you have so much structuring and concept building that leaves me mostly confused. (Running Man always does this to me, where there are such elaborate setups and then they all end in nametag-ripping.)
Read the rest of the recap at dramabeans, of courseimage 

Archived