[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Guest shira_hime_stv

It would be heartbreaking if one day Appa SIK will decide to leave TROS . But we all know it will happen specially that the kids are growing up . They need to go to school and they need to focus on it . When that time comes , all we need is to support such decision . We only want what's good for our beloved Daehan , Minguk and Manse , right ? :wub:

Yupz. Actually if u notice, they're nt as cute as before. SIK also said that. When they start the show, that's where they look the cutest. Ive notice since few recent eps. SIK know the best for his kids. So let he decide. He already "give in" his own career for them. Now I think its his time to shine once again. We must nt forget that he is an actor.

They shine the most when they are together.

Truth

I can really say now that indeed Daehan is a daddy's boy.
tumblr_nwtvkffAC31tmjt2ko7_250.gif

Minguk is a certified mama's boy.
tumblr_nwtvkffAC31tmjt2ko6_250.gif

And Manse is...of the world :D
tumblr_nwtvkffAC31tmjt2ko5_250.gif

And I enjoyed this a lot.
tumblr_nw6tddk3Ry1qdxrpuo1_250.gif
He carefully and precisely said every syllable of his first name when it should have been his full name. Smartie!
Minguk looks at everyone in the eye (also shown in the gif) that's why he was able to recognize their father again with just the eyes.

Edited by leix_

haha  agree with you @leix. minggukie is so funny when instead saying his full, he says mingguk-kie. 

i also think they r the cutest when they were younger even though now they are still cute. 

so glad that sik n wifey have given  us a chance  to see the growing years of their babies. precious moments . 

i still remember robocar poli, now dinosaurs, learning to dress themselves up etc.

so lets enjoy all these precious moments and keep the peace here. i m sure we all love them ! 

• Like 6

if  t  is  true  that  song  il  guk  and  his  triplets  will  leave  the  show  early  next  year,  we'll  ffeel  sad  but  it  is  inevitable.  they  cannot  be  on  the  show  forever.  at  some  point  they  will  have  to  go to s chool  and  concentrate  n  that.  also  song  il  guk  is  first  and  foremost  an  actor  not  jsut  the  father  of  the  triplets.    they  have  to  live  normal  lives   

• Like 5

Guest mingukiefan

i will be heartbroken if   the triplets leave tros, sadly no more reason for me to watch if that happens but i will accept their decision

but will be SO SO SO SO SO SAD but even if i dont get to see them on the show anymore will still be praying they grow up to be kind and handsome and lovely as they are now and achieve all their dreams! will be triplets lover forever and ever.

Frustration.gif

thanks chelsee for image

my dear mingukie, this noona will miss you so much if you leave the show but will still continue loving you for always!

i am not only going to miss the triplers but also song il kook the father and his interaction with his kids. i mean his very real side as a father ! I see his tender loving care towards his children n though an introvert, he is most natural when he is with his kids. This tall and handsome guy who is also shy,  takes care and kisses his children, cooks for them , reads to them, teach them to brush teeth, put on cloth etc. haha letting them crawl all over him n just joking around w his sons and trying to scare them .

I am so grateful to ROS for showing us not only the littel darlings but the charisma of Appa SIK..i m definitely going to miss them plus ommma voice on the phone. :tears:just thinking abt it makes me sad.

However  the boys needs to grow heathily and away from public criticisms n for that i am so happy for them and they go aooner or later.  i do hope every now n then someone will post pic on how they hv grown..! 

• Like 6

if  t  is  true  that  song  il  guk  and  his  triplets  will  leave  the  show  early  next  year,  we'll  ffeel  sad  but  it  is  inevitable.  they  cannot  be  on  the  show  forever.  at  some  point  they  will  have  to  go to s chool  and  concentrate  n  that.  also  song  il  guk  is  first  and  foremost  an  actor  not  jsut  the  father  of  the  triplets.    they  have  to  live  normal  lives   

Maybe soon but there's NO final decision has been made yet... :(((

The Song family, we don't want you to leave the show.

Song Il Kook and Triplets Reported to Be Leaving “The Return of Superman,” Show Responds

Song Il Gook and Triplets Reported to Be Leaving “The Return of Superman,” Show Responds

We all know it’s inevitable. Song Il Kook and his lovable triplets will one day leave the popular KBS variety show “The Return of Superman.” It will leave a hole in our hearts and have us crying tears equal to, but not as cute as, the amount Minguk has shed over his food being taken away.

Local news source Ilgan Sports reports that actor Song Il Kook has decided that he and his sons will stop appearing on the show early next year (around January – February). The exact timing is still in discussion. This reportedly became known during discussions about CF contracts that involve the triplets, with the companies wanting to know the Song family’s plans for leaving the show that made them famous.

In response to this report, both Song Il Kook’ reps and KBS have stated that nothing is decided, which is a vague enough answer to have fans of the show worried.

This past July, it was reported that Song Il Gook will star in the KBS historical drama “Jang Young Sil” (working title), expected to air starting January 2016.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/27/song-il-gook-and-triplets-reported-to-be-leaving-the-return-of-superman-show-responds/

• Like 7

“The Return of Superman” Producer Shares Thoughts on Departure of Uhm Tae Woong and Uhm Ji On

“The Return of Superman” Producer Shares Thoughts on Departure of Uhm Tae Woong and Uhm Ji On

Kang Bong Gyu, who is the producer for KBS2‘s “The Return of Superman,” relayed how the last recording of Uhm Tae Woong and his daughter Ji On went.

On  October 27 he said, “Recently, Uhm Tae Woong and Ji On wrapped up their last recording. It went as smoothly as usual.”

He added, “On the November 8 broadcast, Uhm Tae Woong and Ji On’s recording will be aired, as well as the scene of Sae Bom giving birth. In the point of view of the staff, it’s sad, but we’re happy that we are parting on a good note.”

Also, Kang Bong Gyu added, “Even though Uhm Tae Woong and Ji On will be leaving the show, Chu Sung Hoon will be back after the two-week break, so we don’t expect there to be a huge impediment.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/27/the-return-of-superman-producer-shares-thoughts-on-departure-of-uhm-tae-woong-and-uhm-ji-on/

• Like 3

‘The Return of Superman' Topped Entertainment Channel for 3 Weeks in a Row!

12019927_1054638317909266_23651579698518

[by Yoonjung Yi] According to Nielsen Korea on October 26, ‘The Return of Superman’ ranked number one on the entertainment chart for three weeks in a row by reaching 14.0% viewer ratings.

In the previous episode that aired on October 25, the lovely Choo family showed off their bravery by taking a thrilling zip-line ride through unpaved mountains, in order to commemorate the end of one month in Korea.

Sarang seemed scared at first, but she held onto her father tight and enjoyed it, rather than giving up. Although she ended up crying after seeing her mom, her courageous act and challenging spirit pleased her parents and the viewers.

One month of stay in Korea was a meaningful experience to Sarang. She joined local Korean kindergarten, made new friends, and learned taekwondo. She became closer to her Korean roots by learning Korean, the culture, and traditional food.

For the next two weeks, Sarang’s family will temporarily leave the show, as Choo Sung-hoon will be training for his fight at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on November 28.

Choo Sung-hoon said, “UFC will be held in Korea for the first time, and I always wanted to fight in my home ground.” He added, “I would not have made it to the competition if UFC was held in Korea after 5-10 years, due to the age restriction. I wanted Koreans to see how passionately and diligently I fight.”

kn9k5oa3npwe2lem2vamyya5ipabszq3.jpg

Meanwhile, ‘The Return of Superman’ airs on Sundays at 4:50pm KST. (photo by KBS 2TV)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=26132

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 6

been a long time since i visited ROS.

very sad to read abt possibility of triplets leaving, still they can't be forever on the show. to be very frank, i will probably stop watching ROS when triplets leave. the current batch of families do not hold much appeal for me and perhaps the format has become routine.

i hope that darling triplets will continue to get to enjoy time with their family and community. most impt for them to have a normal childhood. compare to when they first joined, they are really like little babies but now they are looking more like dashing young men. i am so surprised when i saw them together with LDW family. pls continue to grow up healthy.

UTW leaving is kinda of expected, i dun think JiOn suits this show. she mayb a bit lacking in terms of speaking etc, and on the whole her segments are not very interesting. look at the twins, we have seen them from infants to toddlers and they are quite fun the watch. 

perhaps tat cos both twins and triplets have siblings to generate interaction and interest. the single child, Sarang and JiOn, can be a bit dull and repetitive.

as for the new family of 5, not really in love with them but i guess their segment can be educational for families dealing with children of different ages and how best to give each child equal amt of time and attention and love.

hope that there will be an official word soon regarding the Song family.

• Like 3

Guest MauiKawaii

Great to read about the ratings. I really enjoyed the military show with the triplets. My fave parts: Manse holding back tears unsuccessfully and Minguk coming over to him to wipe his tears - ah, I watch this scene over and over and I always tear up; Daehan crying at bedtime and Manse going over to him and patting him to comfort him and then he hops back over to his bed waving to the girls on the other side of the room :wub:; Minguk cry of total frustration when the cap wouldn't fit. Ah, I will miss moments like this if the triplets are gone from the show but also think it's good to let them grow up out of the spotlight.

The older twin girl who wants to be the tennis player is really pretty. None of the twins in this family really resemble each other. Too bad Daebak wasn't a twin - it would have been 2 cute 2 have 2 lookalikes of him.