[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

cafe99 said: Honestly, the fact that Yoona is in the drama is a no-no for me, her performance on love rain was a disaster, impossible to look... With so many good and young actresses, how is it possible that they had chosen her?? I mean, come on... 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-quiescent said:

This is going to be one cluster*uck of an all out fan war. Yoona fans will be hating the "old man", Lee fans will be dissing Yoona, Yoon fans will be down with second lead syndrome something fierce, Min Ho fans will be losing it over him not having a big enough role. I smell blood. Bring it! =))

Girls' Generation YoonA, Lee Bum-soo to Turn Married Couple

"The idol star (Yoon Ah) will turn into newbie reporter named Nam Da-jung, who gets into a romantic scandal with new prime minister Gwon Yul (Lee), who became a single father of three children after losing his wife. Nam gets married with Gwon only to keep his position."
source: 10asia
~~~
Yoona cast in a new melodrama with Lee Bum Soo
Reader request.
-
Article: Yoona's casting in a new melodrama with Lee Bum Soo confirmed
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+2,675, -149] Everything's great and all but let's not have any kiss scenes. Keep it platonic.
2. [+2,531, -202] Really not looking forward to this combination  ㅋㅋ
3. [+2,008, -240] Another failure......
4. [+1,743, -216] Drama doesn't sound very interesting
5. [+1,237, -386] Yoona is just so pretty
6. [+539, -52] It's about time Lee Bum Soo receives an acting daesang. 
7. [+371, -20] This doesn't seem right... Lee Bum Soo's an amazing actor but there's such a huge age gap between him and Yoona. I really wonder what SM's standards are when it comes to choosing dramas. 
8. [+348, -20] SM really doesn't know how to choose their dramas;;;; everything they lay their hands on fails.......... They're almost like their own artists' antis
9. [+241, -7] A 20 year age gap? ㅋㅋㅋ What is this, 'Baby and Me'?
10. [+179, -12] They're practically of a father and daughter age gap, how can they do melo acting together? This doesn't benefit either of them
source: netizenbuzz

yoona has potential as an actress... so why is it such an issue that yoona is casted in a drama that will be produced by smc&c? this is NOT yoona's first drama (that's a supporting role in 9 ends 2 outs) and this is NOT yoona's first lead role drama (there's you're my destiny, cinderella man, and love rain). unless the issue is that most of smc&c's produced dramas are underwhelming though - this one really is a concern.
acting is important BUT judging acting ability is highly influenced by personal feelings, tastes and/or opinions. in fact, there are even instances of actors/actresses who are recognized for their acting talent and yet in drama forums and/or articles, there are are still discussions of whether said actor/actress can or can not act. so...
anyway, the premise of 'having a scandal that necessitates a contract marriage' sounds interesting... it makes the plot much more promising than the previous press release statements about the drama.

Guest eeldeerlove

윤시윤 씨가【총리와 나】'강인호' 역으로 3년 만에 KBS로 돌아온다는 소식이에요. 두뇌+외모에 태평양 같은 마음까지 갖춘 따도남!! 강인호와 함께 따뜻한 연말 보내실게요~
1381727_686783691333829_958543669_n.jpg

cr: KBS facebook page

Ryu Jin is officially on board! From what I can tell, he will be a sort of villain? We'll have to wait for a proper translation.
But dayum, this sounds fun. Bring on the ajeossi fights. There will be enough acting and charisma to overshadow all.

The news in Korean at Newsen.

@Orionand?

maybe it was not clear... but the aim of that post is just to emphasize that both ACKNOWLEDGEMENT as well as CRITICISM of acting potential/ability/talent is a decidedly personal endeavor regardless of whatever criteria/parameters/authority an individual uses to make his/her judgement therefore, it is always different for each and every one...
back to the drama, news reports about recent casting confirmations indicated that a script reading was held... are there any photos released of that event?

Yoon Shi-yoon to play prime minister’s aideby girlfriday @ dramabeans="http:>

YoonShiYoon11-1.jpg

Gah, now this show is adding people I like. Upcoming new odd-couple rom-com Prime Minister and I (that’d be Lee Beom-soo and Yoon-ah as the odd couple, and don’t try to tell me it’s not odd) has just added Yoon Shi-yoon (Flower Boy Next Door) and the younger Lee Min-ho (Sword and Flower) to its cast. AGH, Yoon Shi-yoon, are you gonna make me watch this? And am I going to regret it?

The new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama comes from the writers of Sweet 18 and My Fair Lady, and the PD of Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek. It stars Lee Beom-soo as a prime minister and single father of three who’s a pro at his job and a total mess at home. Yoon-ah plays the nanny/governess/Julie Andrews person who saves him by getting a handle on the kids. I think she does it without musical numbers, though it was being called a Sound of Music-esque show, so who knows.

Yoon Shi-yoon will join the cast as the prime minister’s chief of staff, a member of the top 1% elite civil servants in the country, with a sharp brain and perfect looks to boot. It’s hard to picture just because I’m still seeing Enrique in him, but I suppose this is as different a role as he can get. Lee Min-ho has been cast as a hungry reporter who’s always chasing that next feature, and Chae Jung-ahn (When A Man Loves) plays the prime minister’s public relations officer. If Yoon-ah’s character is a former reporter, she might have a connection to Lee Min-ho, while Chae Jung-ahn will have a university connection to Lee Beom-soo, besides obviously being on his staff.

I love Lee Beom-soo, but I’m honestly going to have a hard time not rooting for the more age-appropriate romantic pairings in this love square… pentagon… thingy. Who knows, the show could totally surprise me. Stranger things have happened, right?

Prime Minister and I follows Mi-rae’s Choice in December.

LeeMinHo2_4.jpg

Via ChosunMy Daily

Guest eeldeerlove

Ryu Jin Takes Villain Role in 'Prime Minister and I'

Actor Ryun Jin will be joining in KBS2′ upcoming romantic-comedy drama “Prime Minister and I”
2013102411222362134.jpg

“Prime Minister and I” is a drama centering on the fairytale-like love story of a fictional Prime Minister of South Korea named Kwon Yool (Lee Bum Soo) and a young female journalist Nam Ja Dung (Yoona) who came like a Christmas present to his family.

In the drama series, Ryu Jin will play the character of the ambitious Minister of Strategy and Finance’  Park Joon Ki. His character is expected to create tension as he tries to grab the ‘Prime Minister’ position from Lee Bum Soo. He refers to Lee Bum Soo as a close acquaintance but will soon go up in a competition with him after knowing that his first love Chae Jung Ahn got feelings for his friend.

Ryu Jin blames his bestfriend and brother-in-law Lee Bum Soo upon his sister’s death and will express complex emotions causing him to take the ‘villain’ part in the show. Ryu Jin, who also acts as uncle to Lee Bum Soo‘s three kids, will plot something that will cause the ‘Prime Minister’ to be caught up in intrigue and political strife. Actor Ryu Jin‘s casting is expected to increase dramatic tension in the upcoming series.

“Prime Minister and I” is filled with stellar lineup of stars including Lee Bum Soo, Yoona from Girls’ Generation, Yoon Si Yoon, Chae Jung Ahn, Ryu Jin, and Lee Min Ho (1993). It is scheduled to be broadcast in December.

http://dramabucks.com/drama/ryu-jin-takes-villain-role-in-prime-minister-and-i/

aisnsd said:  @Orionand?

maybe it was not clear... but the aim of that post is just to emphasize that both ACKNOWLEDGEMENT as well as CRITICISM of acting potential/ability/talent is a decidedly personal endeavor regardless of whatever criteria/parameters/authority an individual uses to make his/her judgement therefore, it is always different for each and every one...
back to the drama, news reports about recent casting confirmations indicated that a script reading was held... are there any photos released of that event?

Chae Jung-ahn joins cast of Prime Minister and Iby javabeanscja_84.jpg

Chae Jung-ahn (When A Man Loves) has been added to KBS’s upcoming drama Prime Minister and I, joining leads Lee Beom-soo and Yoon-ah in the romantic comedy about a single-father prime minister who falls in love with the woman who joins their harried household to lend a helping hand.

Chae’s character is the prime minister’s university hoobae and has been his closest assistant and confidante since his assemblyman days. She’ll also offer up some romantic competition as the other leg of the love triangle… which strikes me as a little odd given how much Yoon-ah and Chae Jung-ahn look like each other. Not necessarily in facial features, but certainly in overall vibe and appearance. Seriously, Yoon-ah could play her younger sister, or maybe her younger self in a flashback scene. Well, never let it be said that the prime minister didn’t have a type.

I have some huge reservations about this show, but there are things in the setup that could make it work. Despite the obvious King and I comparison in the title, this is the show that was originally touted as a jazzed-up Sound of Music story as the young woman joins the family and steps in as the new mother. I’m also seeing some American Presidentpossibilities, with Lee Beom-soo needing to juggle his home life, romance, and political headaches all at once. Let’s hope that this is one politics-set show that fares better than this year’s other political rom-com, All About My Romance, which tanked big time in the ratings.

Prime Minister and I will follow Mi-rae’s Choice and premieres in December.

Via Osen

Yoon Si-yoon to come back to KBS

photo362643.jpg

Actor Yoon Si-yoon is attempting at another challenge in the new KBS 2TV drama "The Prime Minister is Dating". This is the return of the character who led 2010 drama "Bread, Love and Dreams" to 50% in viewing percentage.

Yoon Si-yoon takes on the role of Kang In-ho. He is the most elite staff in the Prime Minister's office with good looks as well. Yoona from Girls' Generation takes on the role of Nam Da-jeong, a Young Mother.

Yoon Si-yoon starred in MBC "Me Too, Flower!" and tvN "The Pretty Boy Next Door" after his successful hit in "Bread, Love and Dreams". The collaboration of Yoon Si-yoon and Yoona is expected to create a synergy effect.

"The Prime Minister is Dating" will be aired in December after "Marry Him If You Dare".

hancinema.net/yoon-si-yoon-to-come-back-to-kbs-61893.html

Archived