[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blackglory

LBS is an excellent actor. i can see he work his best to be in character, even in supporting roles. So far i've seen him in few dramas i.e : On Air, History of a Salaryman, Dr Jin, film i.e : My Wife is A Gangster 3. He may have an average look, but he is undoubtedly an excellent actor. 
No wonder Yoona will be part of this drama, since the producer is SM themselves. Nevertheless i still hope they will cast a better actress for main role. SM C&C have Han Ji Min, Kim Ha Neul, which are great actress. Instead of getting idols as part of promotional strategy, i guess its time for SM to produce real drama with real talent. 
I'm not saying Yoona is not good in acting (i'm also SNSD fan ^_^) but after seeing her acting in few dramas including Love Rain, i guess it's better for her to focus on her singing career.  :)>-

I am a silent lurker but after a lot of fake things i see about the acting of yoona in love rain i decided to speak. I don't understand the hatred for a beautiful drama like love rain and the very good job of yoona, before i watching love rain i hear a lot of people said the acting of yoona was not good in this previous dramas(i don't see them) then in watching love rain i expected a not very good acting by a idol like often. And surprise for me i see a very good acting, yoona succeed to portray two different people with opposite character. The mom who have a quiet and shy personnality with all the emotions and feeling in the eyes. a difficult acting who ask a great subtility. Yoona don't stop with that and given us a second great performance in the role of the daughter who is more alive, less shy, optimistic, always smiling, spunky. A character adorable and funny. Even her way of walking is different.  Then i don't understand where you see she's bad in love rain. And yes i am very competent to understand and see the acting of actors i am a french director and scripwriter. Seriously i don't think we see the same dramas. Perhaps you see only the first four episode in the 70's and it's not everybody who love a slow drama with quiet and subtile acting. The proof is the hatred for the beautiful drama sword and flower.

getoba said: I am a silent lurker but after a lot of fake things i see about the acting of yoona in love rain i decided to speak. I don't understand the hatred for a beautiful drama like love rain and the very good job of yoona, before i watching love rain i hear a lot of people said the acting of yoona was not good in this previous dramas(i don't see them) then in watching love rain i expected a not very good acting by a idol like often. And surprise for me i see a very good acting, yoona succeed to portray two different people with opposite character. The mom who have a quiet and shy personnality with all the emotions and feeling in the eyes. a difficult acting who ask a great subtility. Yoona don't stop with that and given us a second great performance in the role of the daughter who is more alive, less shy, optimistic, always smiling, spunky. A character adorable and funny. Even her way of walking is different.  Then i don't understand where you see she's bad in love rain. And yes i am very competent to understand and see the acting of actors i am a french director and scripwriter. Seriously i don't think we see the same dramas. Perhaps you see only the first four episode in the 70's and it's not everybody who love a slow drama with quiet and subtile acting. The proof is the hatred for the beautiful drama sword and flower.

Then if i understand well your reply Laquetahodge and Orion if someone came and affirm than the acting of yoona in love rain is bad without explication, it's the absolute truth, it's confirmed. just because she is a idol. But if someone like me come and said with explication and détails (i forgot to mention scene in the drama where is acting is very fine) than the acting of yoona in love rain is very good you said i am wrong. Isn't unfair?... and no i am not the only person who said this acting in love rain is very good. But apparently i am the only one in this thread.

Orion you give a lot of factor to explain why this acting and the dramas are bad whereas you never see love rain. I suggest you to to Watch this beautiful drama who is like poetry before take the party to the people without reason than is acting is bad. And yes the drama is the vision of the artist and yes he succed to convoy all the feeling of the 70's in the four first episode and the modern life in 16 last episode. And the director of love rain is surely one of the best in term of direction of actor. This job with the two debutant female lead and male lead in spring waltz is remarquable. And he do the same good job with yoona and Jang Geun-suk.

Unfortunatly like i said a lot of people Watch drama only for fun moment and speed pace of the story.

When love rain aired in 2012 a lot of people without patience decided than the drama is too slow and boring and fashion king is the drama to see with speed pace an funny moment. But in the end the same people see than fashion king was a bad drama and love rain was unfairly underated. Then Orion Watch love rain and i think you will enjoy the fact that a promising Young actress like yoona play with the great actor lee beom soo (history of the salaryman rules)

And Laquetahodge i tottally disagree with you about the quality of love rain, the directing, the editing, the script, the ligthting, the ost, the performance of all the actors are brillant. It's a work of art. When this drama was projected in the festival of tv series in cannes in France the public was very impressed and enjoyed the quality of the drama. Then i think it's a good choice in the career of yoona. And i hope prime minister and i is a good choice too.

And yoona it's not the only girl's generation with great acting. he performance of Choi soo Young is very good and remarquable in the 3rd hospital and in Cyrano dating agency.  

Sorry Laquetahodge i mistake what you said with the comment of lindy01 who said than the acting of yoona is bad and none of the girl generation can act . Sorry. I happy to know you see qualities in love rain. I agree with you about the perception of people of different countries; but i think dramas is universal, the proof is people of different countries Watch and enjoyed drama. And you should know than in the director cut of love rain the 70's episode last 10 episode. Then i don't think you should complain about about 4 beautiful episode (for me, unfortunately not for you, lol). I have great hope yoona will give us a great performance in prime minister and i to confirm this acting in love rain.

And don't forget than great actress like Sung yuri (snow queen), Yoon eun hye (coffee prince), Jung ryeo won (king of dramas, history of salaryman) was idol before.  

getoba said:

Then if i understand well your reply Laquetahodge and Orion if someone came and affirm than the acting of yoona in love rain is bad without explication, it's the absolute truth, it's confirmed. just because she is a idol. But if someone like me come and said with explication and détails (i forgot to mention scene in the drama where is acting is very fine) than the acting of yoona in love rain is very good you said i am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, Han Ji Min will be a perfect choice to act in this drama with LBS if she is still with SMCC but unfortunately she'd joined other agency.

Seeing LBS again at 'Salaryman', no doubt he's going to be the most excellent person to carry out this role as Prime Minister.

• 3 weeks later...

SNSD’s Yoona Confirms New Drama with Lee Bum Soo

Girls’ Generation’s Yoona is coming back to the small screen with talented actor, Lee Bum Soo, in KBS’ new drama, Prime Minister and I (tentative title).

Dramatic Tok, in charge of the promotion for Prime Minister and I, announced, “Lee Bum Soo and Yoona have been cast in KBS’ upcoming Monday and Tuesday drama, Prime Minister and I,” and “Filming will start at the end of October.”

48622002.jpg

SM Entertainment staff talked with enews on October 21 also confirming the news, saying, “Yoona will be the main lead of Prime Minister and I. She will be playing a 28-year old reporter with a charming personality unlike any other.”

Prime Minister and I is a love story between a country’s prime minister and a young female reporter. Lee Bum Soo will be acting the role of the prime minister. 

“With the meeting of Korea’s best actor and best acting-dol, Prime Minister and I is already gaining anticipation for their chemistry and strong acting,” said the production staff. “Please look forward to the miraculous love story between Lee Bum Soo and Yoona coming this winter. It’ll be a warm, fairy tale-like romantic comedy for the family to enjoy.”

Prime Minister and I will begin in December after Marry Him If You Dare

Photo Credit: enews DB 

mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/48622

Yoona confirms to play a 28-year old reporter in a new drama
yoona.jpg

SNSD member Im Yoona is confirmed to appear in the upcoming KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama, ‘The Prime Minister and I
On October 21, an official from KBS confirmed the appearance of Yoona as the female lead for ‘The Prime Minister and I’. She will play the role of a 28-year old reporter who will gather news from a Prime Minister, who is the youngest at the age of 40. Earlier, it was known as the Korean version of ‘The Sound of Music’ however, the producers decided to revise the script to emphasize the story between the Prime Minister and a reporter/journalist.
‘The Prime Minister and I’ is expected to air on December, and will take over the slot of ‘Marry Him If You Dare’.
dramabucks.com/drama/yoona-confirms-to-play-a-28-year-old-reporter-in-a-new-drama

"It’ll be a warm, fairy tale-like romantic comedy for the family to enjoy"

In non-bull English: We went and did something we'll get hell for, so their grand display of passion will be a pat on their shoulder.

If they wanted to go with these actors, they should have either left romance out or then they should go for it. If they make this a romantic comedy and then chicken out on kissing and skinship solely because of the age gap and Yoona's "pure idol" image, they're never going to hear the end of it from me.

I guess I have to brace myself for a potential third time of suffering for this man.

Crossing fingers, arms and legs and diving in.

laquetahodge said: @orion I agree with you. I love Yoona, but I want some actual romance indicating they are a couple. I will raise hell if they put them together like 5 minutes before it ends with some stupid smiles. Don't copy A Gentleman's Dignity and skip the kissing part.

Guest -quiescent

I'm actually anticipating this.

Granted, I'm a Yoona fan but I'm not delusional to the point of ignoring her flaws. I hope she improves her acting with this drama.

And I've loved LBS for aaages! So I'm super excited to see him back on screen.

I hope it'll be a 16 episode drama (20 will drag) and that there's convincing romance between the leads!

Prime Minister and I confirms Yoon-ah and Lee Beom-soo at Dramabeans by javabeans

yoonah_29a.jpg

Soooo… the Lee Beom-soo and Yoon-ah romantic pairing is happening. Yuuup. When the casting for the KBS drama Prime Minister and I was first announced as a possibility, it seemed so strange a match-up that I didn’t really think it would happen, but whaddaya know. Stranger things have happened in dramaland, I’m sure, even if I can’t think of any right now.

Prime Minister and I is a romantic comedy centering around the household of a prime minister with complete competence in the work sphere and zero competence in childcare. Lee Beom-soo plays the 40-year-old prime minister and single father of three whose household is in utter disarray, while Yoon-ah plays older than her years as a 28-year-old “mother who arrives in the house like a Christmas present,” and a love story unfolds between them. (The description says Yoon-ah’s a reporter, so I’m thinking she steps in to mother the children, but as they call her a young mother it’s unclear whether she has her own kids.) So in the story the age difference doesn’t seem too vast, though I don’t know how well that will translate when the real gap is 20 years and Yoon-ah’s just 23.

It sort of sounds like Prime Minister and I is the warm and fuzzy straight version of the employer-and-housekeeper romance, like Suspicious Housekeeper played out the expected way (if the suspicious housekeeper weren’t an uber-literal, robotic, and slightly creepy character, that is). In that sense it’s the less interesting version, but I can see how a straight-up heartwarming family drama mixed with funny romance has broader mainstream appeal.

Prime Minister and I will follow Mi-rae’s Choice on Mondays and Tuesdays and premieres in December.

Via My Daily

Guest eeldeerlove

class="title"SNSD Yoona Paired Up With Lee Bum Soo In “Prime Minister and I”1379441_685785114767020_585814849_n.jpg

SNSD Im Yoona and actor Lee Bum Soo has decided to appear as main leads in upcoming KBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Prime Minister and I” (working title).

“Prime Minister and I” is a sweet romantic comedy and also like a fairy-tale family drama that depicts the love story of South Korea’s youngest Prime Minister to be portrayed by Lee Bum Soo who was in his 40′s. He’s 100% capable in his work but 10% capable in parenting that’s why he struggles in raising his 3 kids alone.

Yoona plays a young journalist who always missed a scoop but is always full of enthusiasm. She then messed in the house of the Prime Minister and came like a miracle young affectionate mother to the Prime Minister’s family and draws an exciting romance with him.

The screenplay for “Prime Minister and I” will be penned by TV writer Kim Eun Hee and Yoon Eun Kyung who previously teamed up in “Take Care of The Young Lady”, “When It’s At Night”, “The Snow Queen”, “Sweet 18″ and “Winter Sonata”. It will be directed by PD Lee So Yeon who co-directed “Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek”.

Drama series is currently finalizing its cast and will enter full-fledged production at the end of October. It is expected to be broadcast in December this year after the conclusion of the currently airing Mon-Tue drama “Marry Him If You Dare”.

http://dramabucks.com/drama/snsd-yoona-paired-up-with-lee-bum-soo-in-prime-minister-and-i/

Archived