[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial Casting: "The Prime Minister And I"

lee-bum-soo-and-yoona.jpg?w=600

The casting is now set for the KBS romantic comedy "Prime Minister and I" but due to the age difference between its stars, the choice of actors continues to provoke comments.

In the drama, Lee Bum So, 43, will play the love interest for Girls Generation's Yoona, 23, and some netizens have commented it's too big an age difference for the chemistry to work.

The story is an update of the film "The Sound of Music." In that film Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were supposed to be 15 to 20 years apart but in real life they were close in age. In "The Prime Minister and I," the characters are meant to be about 15 years apart.

With netizens making statements about the age gap, KBS decided to issue a statement.

"Even though they have a twenty-year age gap, we're expecting a different sort of chemistry," said a KBS representative.

Lee Bum Soo plays a prime minister who needs a housekeeper and Yoona plays a young woman who needs a job. When she shows up at his home the house is a mess and the kids require mothering. Since she has a background in music, she teaches them how to sing. If it's really a "Sound of Music" remake, then it makes sense that the producers would cast an actress who can both act and sing. Although Yoona is best known for being a member of the girl group "Girls Generation," she has appeared in the dramas "Love Rain," "You Are My Destiny" and "Cinderella Man."

In this role, her agency says her acting is going to make an even better impression.

"Yoona's acting transformation will be something to look forward to," said a KBS representative

As the young housekeeper Yoona's enthusiasm will first win over the children's affections and then charm the heart of the prime minister.

Lee Bum Soo stars in the film "God's Trick," and is known for his work in the dramas "Iris 2," "Dr. Jin," "History of a Salaryman" and "Giant."

Filming begins at the end of October. It will air after "Future's Choice." The drama is produced by  a subsidiary of Yoona's agency, SM C&C. Yoon Eun Jyung, who wrote "Take Care of the Young Lady" and Kim Eun Hee, who wrote "Phantom" have co-written the screenplay.

Other than the age controversy, the comedy sounds like a good contender for holiday season entertainment. What do you think about the age difference? Let us know.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

"Even though they have a twenty-year age gap, we're expecting a different sort of chemistry."

She'll become a mother to his kids and a maid, but they won't have any lover/sexual relations? Oh how romantic...
I am getting more and more scared as news come out. I can only hope netizens like it and demand for a normal couple.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA confirmed for ‘Prime Minister and I’

Ft93Jo27.jpg

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and actor Lee Bum Soo have been confirmed as the lead roles for the newest Mondays-Tuesdays KBS drama ‘Prime Minister and I.’

On October 21, KBS announced, “Both YoonA and Lee Bum Soo confirmed for ‘Prime Minister and I’ and filming will start at the end of October. Though the two leads have a 20 year age difference, a new kind of chemistry is being anticipated.”

‘Prime Minister and I’ is described as the Korean version of the famous story ‘Sound of Music,’ depicting a young governess who comes to the prime minister’s house to work. YoonA will be playing the governess, who works at the Prime Minister’s House while Lee Bum Soo plays the Prime Minister role.

‘Prime Minister and I’ will begin in December.

ohkpop.com/130499/girls-generations-yoona-confirmed-for-prime-minister-and-i

laquetahodge said: Wait. I read on Soshified that the title was changing as well as some of the plot. She'll still be 28, but will be a reporter and not a nanny to his children. I read the title was changing to "The Prime Minister Is Dating". They got their news from MyDaily, so which is right? I'd much prefer her to be a reporter and to cover news on him then they'd get close that way. But who knows, maybe she'll be both. 

Most of the current dramas feature idols and only focus on their looks and popularity. Their roles are  very simple.... looking pretty without getting much of 'meaty' role. There are no controversial scenes as not to tarnish their image.

Guest -quiescent

SOME CASTING NEWS!

Yoon Si Yoon to join the cast with Lee Bum Soo & Yoona in 'Prime Minister is Dating' http://media.daum.ne...131022153910963

Cr.@Doongie09

Guest Zen Zarang

Yoon Si Yoon will be Dajung's first love in drama 'Prime Minister and I(or Prime Minister is Dating)'

http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20131022153910963

Chae Jungah will be 2nd female lead in 'Prime Minister and I(or Prime Minister is Dating)'

http://news.nate.com/view/20131022n26370

This just turned epic! A guy looking like he's underage will be after her, while she's busy swooning over the older ajeossi.
And we all know how much miss Chae has perfected the art of being a high class b**ch. I wonder if she'll be one here too.

Man, this was great news. It sounded boring so far, but now it will either be good or an even more hilarious fail. Either way, me likey.

Guest -quiescent

When it rains, it pours...

More casting news:

LEE MINHO (1993) to join (MinisterInLuuuurrrv lol)

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20131022165205776?newsid=20131022165205776

Archived