[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

Guest minminsarang

Hey, @StaRix~ Let there be no hard feelings between us! A lot of people make mistakes so it is not a huge deal. I think the other members unknowingly break the rules because they haven't bothered to read. This thread will soar when confirmations come. :)

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Bum Soo is a great actor so I hope he confirms, but I'm not so sure about Yoona I kind of wish they will considered another actress in her 20's for the role, but if she confirms I still watch. I'm not picky when it comes to who gets cast in dramas unless the actors have a history of not being very good acting wise, which I read many people complaining about it when it comes to Yoona. 
I don't mind the age difference, I seen many dramas were there is a 10+ age difference with the actors being older than the actresses and so far in the ones I'd seen both new and old dramas, there is nice or really good chemistry.  I'd read so many comments from old drama forums with people complaining about a big age differences between actors or saying that some male leads are not very good looking, so they will not watch or thought about skipping the drama, but then saying that they like the story and the chemistry after watching it and didn't notice the age difference or care about the actors looks or change they mind about them because they like the characters. A 20 year old age difference is still quite a lot, but since is supposed to be part of the story, will have to wait and see if it works. I really do hope they keep the actor even if he is over 40 and some people might not think he is very good looking also I don't mind if Yoona confirms and is cast in the end, she might do a nice job.

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;"Lee Bum Soo and Girls Generation Yoona to Star in Korean ‘Sound of Music?’

THERE HAS BEEN TALK ABOUT LEE BUM SOO AND GIRLS GENERATION YOONA STARRING IN KBS' NEW DRAMA "THE PRIME MINISTER AND I" AS THE MALE AND FEMALE LEAD ROLES.

101798-lee-bum-soo-and-girls-generation-

There has been talk about Lee Bum Soo and Girls Generation Yoona starring in KBS' new drama "The Prime Minister and I" as the male and female lead roles.

According to multiple sources on September 11, Lee Bum Soo and Yoona will most likely be starring in the drama together as the lead roles. Lee Bum Soo's casting has been confirmed, and Yoona is the main candidate for the lead female role, currently under review.

"Prime Minister and I" is the Korean adaptation drama of "The Sound of Music," and tells the story a female tutor coming to live at the house of the prime minister. In the drama Lee Bum Soo will play the prime minister role, and Yoona was offered the role of the tutor.

One of the reasons why the drama casting is the center of attention is because Lee Bum Soo and Yoona have a huge age difference between them. One broadcast rep said, "I can't wait to see how Lee Bum Soo, who was born in 1970, and Yoona, who was born in 1990, will collaborate for this new drama."

"Prime Minister and I" is scheduled to air its pilot episode sometime in December.

kpopstarz.com/articles/41246/20130912/lee-bum-soo-girls-generation-yoona-star-korean-sound-music.htm

It's just occurred to me that I'd love to see Park Min Young in this role. She's a little older, which might quieten some of the fuss, but she's also built up a catalogue of roles playing very independent and self-motivated characters, the sort who wouldn't be initimated by a Prime Minister/Housekeeper, 15-yr age gap situation. The teaching smarts of Kim Yoon Hee and the protective feistyness of Kim Nana would be great in this, I think. 

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Is There Too Big An Age Difference Between Yoona And Lee Bum Soo?by Joan MacDonald

yoona.jpg?w=600
lee-bum-soo.jpg?w=600

Girls Generation's Yoona and actor Lee Bum Soo are both considering roles in a new KBS drama "Prime Minister and I," but despite the age difference, they are not going to be playing father and daughter.

As this drama will be a remake of the musical film "The Sound of Music," Yoona, 23, is considering the role of the young governess originally played by Julie Andrews. Her character will be hired to tutor the children of the prime minister, who will be played by Lee Bum Soo, 43.

Her character is a young woman who has given up on her dreams of becoming a musical actress, so its only natural that her classes for the prime minister's children will include spirited singing lessons. Her charm and enthusiasm quickly wins over his children and eventually convinces the charismatic prime minister to fall in love with her.

And that would be a great story except that Lee Bum Soo is so much older than Yoona. When Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer played the leading roles in "The Sound of Music," there was only a few years age difference between them. While Yoona is certainly up to the singing required by the part, the 20-year age difference has many netizens wondering if such casting would really work. Will there be any chemistry between them? Why couldn't they find a slightly older actress to play the part of the governess, one netizen wondered? But chemistry between actors can be a difficult thing to predict.

According to Lee Bum Soo's casting agency, HB Entertainment, he has received the offer but has not yet decided whether to take the role, as he is currently busy filming the movie, "God's Trick." The actor has appeared in dozens of films and several dramas, including "Iris 2," "Dr. Jin," "History of a Salaryman" and "Giant."

Although best known for being a member of "Girls Generation, Im Yoona also has some acting credits. Besides a couple of cameo roles and a supporting role, she had leading roles in "You Are My Destiny," "Cinderella Man," and "Love Rain."

The role may have been offered to her because "The Prime Minister and I" is being produced by SM C&C, a subsidiary company of SM Entertainment, which manages Yoona.

The drama will air in December following "Future Choice." Yoon Eun Kyung, who wrote the drama "Take Care of the Young Lady" and Kim Eun Hee, who wrote "Phantom" will write the screenplay.

kdramastars.com/articles/10454/20130911/big-age-difference-between-yoona-lee-bum-soo.htm

Hello everyone. I'm a big Lee Beom Soo fan, so I may or may not join this depending.

We have quite a few topics here. The age difference, I honestly don't mind. If the chemistry is there, it's perfectly doable. Adults date or marry people way younger or older than them all the time. It's life and it's natural. I think Korea needs more such series that challenge their still quite narrow perception of these topics. That said, I want to see more older woman/younger man relationships, because women get the short end of the stick in such patriarchal societies and I feel men are "excused" more for dating anyone they want, while women are more judged for it. Still, I love the idea of this. Bring it on.

The production company and Yoona worry me, I have to be honest. I do think there are idols who are good actors and I have not seen the woman act, but when a company like that is producing a show, I don't trust them to choose based on talent and skills. I fear the choice will be based on who they want to promote more and I don't like dramas being used to promote idols who already have a career. It's disrespectful and unfair to the rest of the cast, crew and good full-time actors who can't get roles because they are not already famous. This role, against this seasoned male actor, would require some good acting chops. Does she have them and is she chosen for those? I cannot judge yet, but I have not heard good words and I am not hopeful about the criteria.

Lee Beom Soo, I'd follow to Hell and after 'Dr. Jin' and 'IRIS2', I think I actually have... But he's a great actor and despite not being a pretty boy, he has charisma and talent. Those are enough to cause the toughest of people to swoon, when he turns it on. So both acting-wise and romance-wise, I trust him. Chemistry, that's something that depends on both. I would not mind seeing him with someone like Im Soo Hyang again. They have the same age difference, but it worked. So we really can't tell until it happens, but with the right co-star, it's absolutely doable.

Personally, I hope Lee Beom Soo will not sign up if he senses this is being done solely to promote Yoona. I want the man to have work, but if he can be open for another, better drama, I'd prefer that, of course. If this series does happen as is, I honestly hope the lady can handle it and has been chosen based on her skills. It's impossible to say if this will work or not until it's done. So let's see where it goes.

@Orion You LIKED Dr Jin?! That is amazing - I thought that finding someone who could tolerate that show (I'm definitely NOT one of them) would be harder than finding a live unicorn. Thank you for completely making my Sunday afternoon - if someone, somewhere, can somehow LIKE that series, then absolutely ANYTHING is possible, even YEH coming to my little corner of the world!  :D

After seeing Lee beom Soo 'Giant' & Over my dead body', I've become a fan of him and looking forward to see him in new project.

I do agree Yoona can't act after seeing her in 'Love rain'. Most of the young female idols are pretty but stiff and unnatural in their acting skills. The only award they deserve to win is popularity award but never for their acting skills.

stuartjmz said: @Orion You LIKED Dr Jin?! That is amazing - I thought that finding someone who could tolerate that show (I'm definitely NOT one of them) would be harder than finding a live unicorn. Thank you for completely making my Sunday afternoon - if someone, somewhere, can somehow LIKE that series, then absolutely ANYTHING is possible, even YEH coming to my little corner of the world!  :D

@orion

Thanks for yr recommendation. Will definitely check them later. I'd watched GIANT, looking out for Joo Sang Wook's acting but ended up falling for Lee Beom Soo's acting instead.

I do hope they will pair Lee Beom Soo with a slightly more mature & experienced actress instead of thinking of how to prop up their popularity and profits. None of SNSD girls can act yet.

@Orion - no, the price of having my dream come true would have been too high if it required anyone to have liked Dr Jin. I'm truly relieved, you've proved that you're a normal human being by having a normal human's reaction to Dr Jin.  :D

Archived