[Movie 2014] SEA FOG 해무 ♥ KimYunSeok ♥ ParkYuChun (First trailer on p18)

vzmeiin

class="titleNews"[interview] JYJ Park Yoo Chun Shares Heart Warming Advice from Choi Min Sik and Sul Kyung Gu

2014.08.16 16:00 Newsen Lee So Dam Translation Credit : Yeawon Jun

JYJ’s Park Yoo Chun shared the heart touching moments he had with Choi Min Sik and Sul Kyung Gu.

Recently having starred in the film Sea Fog, Park Yoo Chun met with Newsen for an interview in a café near Samcheong-dong and shared his honest thoughts on the project and his acting career.

As soon as Sea Fog was unveiled through the preview, positive feedback poured out on Park Yoo Chun. The praises didn’t stop even at the VIP preview after party.

Park Yoo Chun humbly said, “When I heard that the project has a good feeling and that people will point their fingers at it, I thought maybe I did well.”

[interview] JYJ Park Yoo Chun Shares Heart Warming Advice from Choi Min Sik and Sul Kyung Gu

Following JYJ, many actors recently signed with C-JeS Entertainment, including Choi Min Sik, Sul Kyung Gu, Lee Jung Jae, Park Sung Woong and more. Being with the actors helped Park Yoo Chun greatly. As he enjoyed having conversations with them during MTs (membership training), their advice became his blood and flesh.

Park Yoo Chun said, “Sul Kyung Gu sunbaenim visited me at the filming site of Sea Fog. He told me many things then. Choi Min Sik sunbaenim also came to the after party for the VIP preview and gave me much advice and praised me. I felt so grateful.”

[interview] JYJ Park Yoo Chun Shares Heart Warming Advice from Choi Min Sik and Sul Kyung Gu

“Despite his busy schedules, Choi Min Sik sunbaenim came to the after party at around 4 a.m. after all his schedules were finished. I felt like he was a really cool person. When he came to say ‘hi’ to me, he pinched my face and said, ‘You had a hell of a time.’ Even though we didn’t talk about many things, his playful greeting gave me a lot of energy.”

Park Yoo Chun continued, “Then he went on to speak with other people but I personally felt like I’ve been consoled,” as he expressed his appreciation towards Choi Min Sik.

“Sul Kyung Gu sunbaenim and I were drinking once and he said, ‘I hope what you felt in the beginning stays with you for a long time. Keep in your heart, how you felt when you saw your face on the screen for the first time and your heart felt like it was about to burst.’ Those were the moments when Sul Kyung Gu and Choi Min Sik sunbaenims’ words stuck to my hear.”

Park Yoo Chun said, “I thought, ′I want to grow old like the two actors.′ I thought about how great it would be if the two sunbaenims and I can stay healthy inside and out, so we can continue our acting careers for a long time,” as he promised himself that he would not forget the first thoughts he had as a movie actor.

Photo credit: Newsen

mwave

More Here: JYJ CAFFEINE: YooChun Interview and Pictures http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/07/yoochun-interview-and-pictures.html?spref=tw

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to share this >>

[iNFO] “Haemoo” – Box Office Ranking

140815 Day 3 #HAEMOO has drawn total attendance of 573,284. Ranked #3 on Daily Box Office Chart

BvHqgQfCQAASc9Tpnglarge_zpsd22c053f.png

via @xianeunymph

here it is

boxofficeranking_zps892a0a72.jpg

Figures shown in the table above are the statistics of South Korean Box Office as per Friday, August 15 , 2014. “Haemoo” currently ranks #3, with cumulative sales of KRW 4,506,747,707 and total attendance of 573,284. “Haemoo” is shown at 548 theatres across South Korea with 2776 screening times a day.

Source: Korean Film Council (KOFIC) via
http://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

I hope it  will rank higher and higher ><

JYJ
Promoting HaeMoo and cheering on Park Yuchun

cr: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-VHbcGqGxNRUv0YIekMkA

YuChun's Greetings

Interview with Yuchun and HaeMoo Director Sim SungBo
Spoilers!!!
via JJYCJSJYJ

JYJ CAFFEINE: YooChun (DongShik in HaeMoo) Interview and Picture... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/07/yoochun-interview-and-pictures.html?spref=tw

class="entry-title"[OTHER TWITTER] 140815 iClick News Twitter Update: Grade for ‘Sea Fog’ and others August 16, 2014 · rilanna

photo 140815iclicknews.png

[TRANS]

The subjective grade for BIG4 of South Korean films to watch this summer seems to be like this, in regards to ‘people’..
Of having success even in the box-office; RT
‘Sea Fog’ 4.0
‘Pirates’ 4.0
‘Kundo’ 3.5
‘Roaring Currents’ 3.0
(perfect score criteria of 5.0)
#SeaFog_grade #Pirates_grade

photo BvFVbFICcAArtxC1.jpg

Source: @iclicknews
Translated & Shared by: JYJ3

JYJ Greetings for Yuchun and HaeMoo
with English Subs
cr: uploader

The Korea Herald
[Herald Review] Under the ocean, ugliest side of human desire

Drama ‘Sea Fog’ centers on true story behind the Taechangho incident

Published : 2014-08-17 20:57
Updated : 2014-08-17 20:57

Moviegoers have seen quite a lot of the sea this summer, as ocean-themed films filled the silver screen.

Period action flick “Roaring Currents” showed Adm. Yi Sun-sin’s historic victory, while comedy action flick “The Pirates” depicted imaginary and colorful pirates in search of a whale that swallowed the Joseon royal seal.

Nothing like the first two films, “Sea Fog” presents a grim but realistic look at the ocean, depicting human greed lying under the surface.

“Through the life of six crew members of Jeonjinho (the name of the vessel in the film, translated as ‘to advance’) and Chinese migrants, I wanted to illustrate a blended microcosm of our real life into the film,” director Shim Sung-bo said at the film’s press premiere. “This is not a suspense or a thriller. It is a film about humans’ inborn desires, loneliness and ambiguity.”
20140817000371_0.jpg
Scenes from the drama “Sea Fog” (NEW)

The film, set during 1998 during the Asian financial crisis that put thousands of Korean people out of work, forecasts a gloomy outlook as it is adapted from a theatrical performance of “Haemoo” (Korean translation of sea fog) based on a less publicly known tragedy that occurred in 2001.

The Taechangho incident occurred when 25 illegal Chinese immigrants were allegedly dumped at sea by Korean ship crew members, after being suffocated to death inside the ship’s fish storage compartment to hide from the maritime police. The people who suffocated were among 60 Chinese and ethnic Korean-Chinese migrants being smuggled across the border on the Korean vessel Taechangho.

The film follows the basic plot of the accident in detail, piecing together the fictional truth and some of motives behind the ship crew’s action to dispose the bodies.

The film’s realistic portrayal of the accident continues the unique style of Bong Joon-ho, who has painted social realism onto his previous films such as “The Host,” “Memories of Murder” and “Snowpiercer.”

But this time, “Snowpiercer” director Bong takes a different position. He is the executive producer as his “Memories of Murder” cowriter Shim makes his directorial debut. 
20140817000372_0.jpg
20140817000374_0.jpg
20140817000373_0.jpg
Scenes from the drama “Sea Fog”

Bong’s emphasis on taking visually thrilling stories to reflect true humanist details on a visceral level matches detailed storyteller Shim’s discussion of what is under human desire, especially when faced with disaster.

The accident says it all, but it is quite difficult to pinpoint who is at fault for the tragedy in the first place.

The crew members were left with a series of tough choices and they made questionable decisions based on each person’s desire.

Therefore, this film is not geared to judge evil from good or wrong from right. Rather, it illustrates that there is no definite good or evil, and that duplicity and human nature are affected by the environment.

Ironically, the viewers are left with questions of what they would have done if they were in the crewmembers’ shoes. Some might even be able to sympathize with them.

The Jeonjinho leaves the docks hoping to return with a full load of fish only to end up burdened by the weight of human desires.

For captain Cheol-joo, played by Kim Yoon-shik, the Jeonjinho is all he has. Once a dominant fishing vessel in Yeosu, this old vessel lost its worth as the crew failed to catch fish. Cheol-joo plots to make money by trafficking in people rather than selling the ship for its scrap value.

He cries out “Inside this vessel, I am the president,” he tells Chinese stowaways who refuse to go inside the fish storage area. He disposes of dead bodies without any reserve to prevent possible scrutiny.

Unlike Cheol-joo, Wan-ho (Moon Sung-keun), the ship’s engineer who values morality and conscience, is the most sympathetic character in the film. When his morals are tested, he can no longer live normally.

Dong-sik, the youngest of six crew members, played by singer-turned-actor Park Yoo-chun, seems to be the most innocent and strongest character.

He immediately falls for Korean-Chinese migrant Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri), the only girl left on the ship. When Hong-mae becomes the source of the conflict, Dong-sik does everything to protect her. Dong-sik is genuine and less tainted than other older crew members. He values love and humanity even in harrowing circumstances.

As each crew member represents a mutually different desire ranging from social status, sexual desire, money, to love and even morality, the film simply deals with the theme of desire which causes woes for the humankind.

It is not sea fog that dashes the dreams of Chinese stowaways and Korean crew members. It was the ugly side of human desire that destroys everything, leaving few traces behind.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

JYJ CAFFEINE: YuChun's Sea Fog (HaeMoo) Reviews (Updated) http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/07/yuchun-sea-fog-haemoo.html?spref=tw

class="entry-title"[iNTERVIEW] 140817 Park Yoochun, the gap between an adult and a child August 17, 2014 · rilanna 

20141290140819446100.jpg

Park Yoochun was told of his uncanny boundary between an adult and a child  at our first meeting.

Singer-cum-actor Park Yoochun (29) has a strong boyish image. He is the image of a mischievous boy up to a mild image with a round face shape. He probably will further live the life of an idol ever since his teenager years. Meeting to begin his interview for film ‘Sea Fog’, Park Yoochun is a young man and a boy, located at the uncanny boundary between an adult and a child.

Showing a good-natured smile and continuing to speak cleverly nonstop, he exhibits the image of a boy. Interviewed by the media over 60 times, Park Yoochun was a little bit tired from meeting reporters. “What’s the fresh questions” at too many similar answers to surely similar questions, or he replied that he wants interesting answers for him to laugh. <The Fact>’s coverage is more than curious about coverage on stars’ passions in particular. Park Yoochun is always going on about facts when showing a mischievous smile.

We had questions pertaining to the movie for Park Yoochun who showed a boyish smile. Park Yoochun confessed to the time he lived as Dong-shik to break out with a smile then. We asked about the fact that he was clumsy at the first press preview, the fact that he got seasick and it wasn’t easy to film on the ship, and even the love story between Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri) and him. We felt an earnest atmosphere than ever from Park Yoochun’s way of speaking.

Wrapping up with an open ending, we asked for the leading actor’s opinion about his film ‘Sea Fog’. Park Yoochun said, “I think it was hard to have to face the sea that I didn’t want to remember when I had to leave Hong-mae. It became futile to live for the sea. I didn’t want to forget those times?”, providing his answer to seem like he didn’t know yet did know.

Although it was a short interview a little more than an hour long, he quietly bore the image of Park Yoochun becoming a full-fledged actor. We are wondering about his next work that he seems to take awhile to choose the next project with JYJ concerts.

Source: The Fact
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title"More Interviews and more Pics!!! JYJ CAFFEINE: YooChun (DongShik in HaeMoo) Interviews and Picture... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/07/yoochun-interview-and-pictures.html?spref=tw

class="entry-title"Sweet supportive JJ Hyung;)
class="entry-title"[TWITTER] 140818 Kim Jaejoong Twitter Update: ‘Sea Fog’ aim for 2 million! August 18, 2014 · rilanna

photo 140818kjjtw.png

[TRANS] Sea Fog has passed 1,000,000~!!
Let’s go right for 2,000,000~!!

Source: @bornfreeonekiss

class="entry-title"[iNTERVIEW TRANS] 140818 Park Yuchun, “Haemoo is not over yet. Even though 6 months have passed, I still can’t get over it.” August 18, 2014 · rilanna

ada9ee4d8789f798f0f7829ad8b72510.jpg

Park Yuchun says in today’s interview, “I am always able to get out of a role once a piece of work ends but for ‘Haemoo’, it was somewhat difficult.”

“It has been 6 months since filming for ‘Haemoo’ has ended. I even took up ‘Three Days’ after ‘Haemoo’ was over but it’s amazing how it (T/N: ‘Haemoo’) still remains. It struck me that I was immersed in that character to that extent,” he hinted the affection he has for the character of Dongshik.

“I was nervous about many things concerning the drama. However, I was able to immerse myself completely in the movie and I totally lost myself in Dongshik’s character. Emotionally, it was comfortable,” he explained.

[T/N: Repetitive information about Haemoo was omitted. Translation is done based on Yuchun's answers.]

Source: WStar news
Translated by: @yochwennie

class="entry-title"[OTHER TWITTER] 140818 Actor Moon Sung-geun shares BTS photos from filming ‘Sea Fog’ with Yoochun August 18, 2014 · rilanna

140818actormoon1.png~original

[TRANS] ‘Sea Fog’ surpassed 1,000,000 views on 8/18 today. Thank you very much.
Photo that was forbid by PR team to be released – 1.
The first filming day in Changwon.
“Park Yoochun is famous?”-“Eh what~ you didn’t know? He has a place in the Guinness Book of Records with the world’s largest in numbers of fanclub members”

BvUlowhCIAItuZG.jpg~original

140818actormoon2.png~original

[TRANS] Photo that was forbid by PR team to be released – 2.
There was an article about Park Yoochun that said “I’m close with everyone except Hee-joon hyung”…am demonstrating the fabricated fact with the photo! ㅋㅋ

BvUme1QCEAEhA-8.jpg~original

140818actormoon3.png~original

[TRANS] Photo that was forbid by PR team to be released – 3.
The right [photo] was taken by camera in the photo on the left that was revealed during the release

BvUn6WJCIAEPTHx.jpg~original
BvUn6ZUCUAADg3o.jpg~original

140818actormoon4.png~original

[TRANS] Photo that was forbid by PR team to be released – 6.
Even the jokes were tiresome, all night and day…the maknae is relaxed during a time like this

[ALT TRANS] “The day we fooled around all night…That’s when our youngest boy is comfortable”

BvU8X-lCEAA95TM.jpg~original

140818actormoon5.png~original

[TRANS] Photo that was forbid by PR team to be released – 10.
The silence to maintain ‘absorption’ before the ‘wild beating’..

[ALT TRANS] Pics promo team tried to stop from leaking 10.
Silence that maintains ‘focus’ at the edge of ‘chaos’…

BvVBFh9CMAASE7K.jpg~original

140818actormoon6.png~original

[TRANS] Pics promo team tried to stop from leaking 11.
‘Park Yuchun sometimes tells the truth’
“I drank wine with spoon worm. Moon Sung Geun sunbae carries around speakers and listens to Choi Baek-Ho…”

BvVCDQ8CMAAQtI7.jpg~original

Source: @actormoon
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3 + @yochwennie + @inheaven_wJYJ
Shared by: JYJ3

JYJ3 note: Only tweets relating to Yoochun was shared

class="entry-title"[iNTERVIEW TRANS] 140818 ‘Sea Fog’ Park Yoochun “First bed scene? There was no pressure [...] Receive praises from Junsu for being spontaneous …embarrassed” August 18, 2014 · rilanna

Before film ‘Sea Fog’’s opening, actor Park Yoochun had an interview with Hankyung.com’s Wstarnews; where he disclosed his thoughts about his first bed scene and mentioned his JYJ members.

ad9dc70fd4a7317db777fa05d9d7d731.jpg

Park Yoochun said “There was no such thing as pressure” at his first bed scene.

He said, “I was busy thinking about the piece of work by myself and worried about how to do it somehow. I didn’t worry about how the audience might accept the bed scene. It wasn’t the bed scene, but really with the certain emotions in that moment; I worried about how to show it [T/N: the emotions] and didn’t care about the responses around me”.

e1fde7c131298c1ff3c4341c862fffcb.jpg

Park Yoochun drew attention mentioning his members’ reactions after the movie [VIP] premiere.

Park Yoochun said “Jaejoongie hyung did not watch it because he had filming for drama ‘Triangle’, Junsu sent me praises at being spontaneous” in the interview on this day.

Continuing he added, “I was praised in a text, so I replied ‘shut up’ back to him. (Laughs) I was embarrassed. Why I said that, that’s between men…. but although I replied like that, it actually helped. To get praises like that from my members”.

Source:  Wstarnews(1,2)

Guest irene2

class="article-title idol-jyj" style="display:inline"“Sea Fog” surpasses one million views after six days of release

dini | 19 Aug 2014

081514-JYJ_Yoochun.jpg

YJ’s Yoochun’s movie debut “Sea Fog” has broken one million audiences after it was released back on August 13. The announcement was made by the official Twitter of the film maker, NEW (@movie_n_NEW).

The movie has also received quite popularity on the social network services ahead of other movies which released around the same time, including “Roaring Currents” and “Pirates”. These achievements become outstanding as it is rated “adults only” for this summer.

The audiences of “Sea Fog” are mostly female audiences, according to Max Movie website. Many of them were drawn to the movie not only for the suspenseful scenes, but also its romance. Not to mention that the movie also has Yoochun, one of the popular idol actors.

“Sea Fog” is based on a 2007 stage play “Hae Moo”, which tells a story about a true story of the Korean fishing vessel “Taechangho” incident in 2001 in Yeosu. JYJ’s Yoochun stars in the movie alongside Kim Yun-Seouk, Han Ye-Ri, and Lee Hee-Joon. The movie is a joint production between director Sim Sung-Bo and producer Bong Joon-Ho (Snowpiercer).

cr. ttwigo

[OTHER TWITTER] 140818 Next Entertainment World Twitter Update: ‘Sea Fog’ has surpassed 1 million views!

August 18, 2014 · rilanna

140818movie_n_NEWpngoriginal_zps5b11521c.png

[TRANS] #해무 passed 1,000,000 [views] just now! <Sea Fog> has broke through with an audience of 1,000,000 on the 6th day of its release, to bring an exhilarating squall in cinemas as the only 19-and-over thriller this summer. We will run with all our might to continue on the strength of everyone’s passionate hot love♥

12_zpsb7d6feb5.jpg

Source: @movie_n_NEW

Park Yuchun and other casts of Sea Fog will have a stage greeting tour on August 19th at 10 theaters in Seoul

11_zpsa2bdcdc4.jpg

shared by: 6002sky

class="entry-title"[NEWS] 140820 Actors of ‘Sea Fog’ celebrate surpassing 1m viewers (Korea Herald) August 20, 2014 · Jen_BabyLove
201408191839779866_53f31c02c7e36_zpsf35d75ad.jpg

Actors from the movie “Sea Fog” celebrated the film surpassing 1 million viewers on Tuesday.

Kim Yoon-suk, Park Yoo-chun, Han Yeri, Lee Hee-joon, Moon Sung-geun and Yoo Seung-mok from the film met with viewers at Seoul Theater to commemorate the achievement. The movie is about six crew members on a fishing boat and depicts the human greed that lies just under the surface of some people.

According to the Korean Film Council, the movie collected 1,084,375 viewers in just seven days since its release on Aug. 13.

Source: The Korea Herald

[OTHER TWITTER] 140819 Moon Sung-geun tweets from “Sea Fog” Stage Greeting at Megabox Dongdaemun

August 19, 2014 · rilanna

5_zpsba3ae86d.png

[TRANS] Dongdaemun Megabox.
The placard that excited Kim Yoon-seok, ‘I love you, Kim Yoon-seok ahjusshi’

6_zps6a04c46b.jpg

7_zps629bbeab.jpg

8_zps67b7b256.jpg

Source: @actormoon
Translated & Shared by: JYJ3

[PICS] 140819 Next Entertainment World tweets photos of “Sea Fog” cast at stage greetings

August 19, 2014 · rilanna

1_zpsb18415dd.jpg

2_zps7d0d356c.jpg

3_zps3ead6874.jpg

4_zps8323d52b.jpg

Source: @movie_n_NEW
Shared by: JYJ3

Shim Sung Bo, Park Yuchun, Han Yeri, Mun Seung Keun will attend stage greeting in 9 theaters on 8/20 

BvX6Ys0CUAALRhsjpglarge_zps3d69d4f0.jpg

shared by 6002sky

19August2014[HQ PICS] Park Yuchun at “Sea Fog” Stage Greeting by (nameless86)

By 朴有天新加坡环球粉丝会ParkYoochunSGFC14 mins ago

1_zps4f1fc6ce.jpg

2_zpsf2cde4b7.jpg

4_zpsdc37b6f9.jpg

7_zps70031e49.jpg

8_zps38474aec.jpg
3_zps33eecc3d.jpg

5_zpsdab06883.jpg

6_zpsbf9b2f9d.jpg

9_zps3e6b4644.jpg

Credit to nameless86 

Shared by ParkYoochunSGFC

19August2014[videoS] Park Yuchun at “Sea Fog” Stage Greeting

By 朴有天新加坡环球粉丝会ParkYoochunSGFC29 mins ago( 0 )

140819 "해무" 무대인사 (동대문 메가박스)

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"140819 "해무" 무대인사 (동대문 메가박스) id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"140819 해무 무대인사 동대문 메가박스, 배우 박유천^.^

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"140819 해무 무대인사 대한극장, 잘쌩잘쌩한 유천:)

Video credits to XIA WHISPER+Wooym77+chinchin415xia

Shared by ParkYoochunSGFC

class="entry-title"[TRANS] 140818 Park Yuchun, “Oh, we were surprised by you” – Tenasia interview August 21, 2014 · rilanna

2014081419245321455.jpg

Q: The weather seems dark, rain is falling and the sea fog is marching forward.

PYC: I like this kind of weather very much. However, because I am worried about the upcoming concert, I am not able to fully savor the weather. Meanwhile we, the three members gathered together but the time we had to practice was insufficient. Jaejoongie-hyung’s drama, Triangle ended not too long ago, Haemoo for me and Dracula for Junsu. Each of us were busy. On Saturday (August 9) was our concert and there were so many preparations to be done so we were stressed.

Q: There are rather many fans who are going for the concert not because they like you as JYJ Park Yuchun but as actor Park Yuchun.

PYC: While carrying out my acting activities, I see many new faces.There’s a strange difference from the fans previously. The age is slightly different; there were more noonas. In fact, the singer-side fans [T/N: fans who like Park Yuchun as a singer] are mostly in their late 20s and early 30s since much time have passed. Occasionally, it’s amazing to meet fans who say, “I have been your fan for 8~9 years!” I would like to also ask them, “How did you endure for such a long time?” (laughs) And there are those who carry their baby along and they tell me, “I am married now and I am living well.” When I see these kind of fans, it feels rewarding.

Q: People’s behavior is very different depending on the age. Is Park Yuchun also different when he is in front of noona fans?

PYC: It varies depending on age group plus where I’m at. But regardless of gender, I prefer older people. When I am with older people, I am more comfortable. I had been like this since young. I started working since junior high and the people around me were hyungs and ahjussis. After work, the ahjussis I work with and myself will share a glass of soju and a bowl of makgeolli (laughs). So as I grew up, the qualms I have towards older people are lesser compared to that towards my peers.

Q: How do you feel when looking at the hyungs whom you have gotten close with as they get older?

PYC: There are many things to put into action but the feeling is as if you have not accomplished anything?

2014081419573618188.jpg

Q: I don’t think so, but why? Are there many things which you have not done?

PYC: To put it precisely, I feel inadequate in the things which I’m doing. I often feel that it’s more important to do something for someone. I grew up believing that that’s the reason for my existence. But at some point, I began to feel that it’s becoming unmanageable. At that time, it felt like it’s a matter of course but much later after that, I started feeling confused. If I had invested a little bit more in myself, I would have found the ways to be happy. In that sense, I felt pitiful.

Q: What was it that made Park Yuchun a person who has such a strong sense of responsibility?

PYC: It must be the environment in which I grew up in when I was little. I grew up feeling like a parent/head of the family. When I met (Baek) Changju-hyung to establish a company, I thought about paying the staffs’ monthly salary and that was how I pushed myself to work. Fortunately now that there are many seniors (ie. Choi Minsik, Seol Gyunggu, Lee Jungjae etc.) who have joined the company, I feel at ease. Nevertheless, before this I carried with me the responsibility of providing for others.

Q: It seems like it was the environment which had forced you to mature ahead of your age. A precocious child can grow up properly but one day they may unexpectedly unleash the anger that has pent up in them.

PYC: That’s right. There was a seriously awful time when I exploded and that was when my father passed away. At that time, I completely lost control. How shall I put it…It was as if the strings which were holding me together just disappeared in a flash. Though I may not have lived for a long time, I lived my life thinking that I am living it the right way. I was confident and adamant in the life I was living. That was when I started having doubts in my beliefs and started thinking that they may be wrong. At that moment, everything in me clattered and the ceiling just caved in on me.

Q: How did you endure that period of time? Also, how did you get back up?

PYC: Acting helped me a lot. It was the time when I was filming Rooftop Prince. In the midst of a restless heart, I found a certain degree of comfort in acting. While filming that drama, I was able to feel lighthearted. Rooftop Prince to me, was a piece of work which gave me pleasure and confidence.

Q: If you could go back to the past, how would you live for yourself?

PYC: It’s a very small difference but before this, I believed that when I see someone else being happy, that is happiness to me. That may change a little and I think I would do something for my own happiness.

Q: Is acting something you’re doing for yourself now?

PYC: Haemoo is a piece of work which gives me a lot of worries. Before taking part in Haemoo, I had longings and desires to challenge acting expressions which are not easy to express. After Haemoo came to past, I realized that acting is not a turf to challenge. Acting is something that requires a lot of determination. After watching Kim Yunseok sunbaenim, Moon Seung Goon sunbaenim and the other seniors, I thought a lot about my directions in the future and also felt a lot of new things.

2014081419565819088.jpg

Q: Director Shim Sungbo once said, “Park Yuchun gives a good-natured impression.” What is the impression you have of yourself? Personally, I think people’s face/appearance changes in accordance to the changes in their lives.

PYC: That’s true. As compared to before, things have eased down. Last time, it was hard for me to approach people. The public relations team and head of the department in our company also said, “When we met Yuchun for the first time, it was not easy to carry a conversation with him. (laughs) But after I went into filming, I became more comfortable and my personality changed too. In the past, when multiple disputes take place simultaneously, I managed all of them with much urgency. But now things have changed for the better and I take things one step at a time while handling it properly with patience.

Q: In the past, were you a person who’s very conscious about how others look at you?

PYC: I was conscious. But above that, though I was conscious I still did whatever I should be doing. Hahaha. In the prime time when we had many fans, when I went out for drinks there were be more than 150 sasaeng fans standing in front of the stall (T/N: Pojangmacha). It was uncomfortable to drink while fans are looking. Nevertheless, what should be done was done and what I should be drinking, I drank. Hahaha.

Q: Hahaha. Actually, as we are having this conversation right now, I am being struck by surprise. Your image is very different from what we expected. I expect you to be someone who would conceal your heart and be very cautious in every word you say but you seem to be answering freely.

PYC: Ah, no way. That’s why there’s a need for this person (The PR team from the management company. The PR team became restless as Yuchun made his comments without reserve). Hahaha.

Q: You were with other senior actors in Haemoo. When you gathered, what do you all talk about?

PYC: Unexpectedly, we do not discuss about acting. We talk about very private matters. We talked about dating advice and the difference between man and woman. Hahaha. At times we discuss about social issues and also talk about female idols. One of the seniors said, “Recently, I’m into A Pink” and (Kim) Sangho-hyung responded, “You know A Pink?” He would also say, “How could you not know!” We like these kind of topics.

Q: I heard that when you received Haemoo’s scenario, you were caught between the determination of wanting to do it as well as whether you would be able to do it.

PYC: I was worried because I knew that it would not be easy. Moreover, I was concerned about the people around me and was concerned about not wanting to go against their will. At first, I full-heartedly said “Let’s run into it for once.” But many people just felt uneasy, “Yuchun for this type of movie?” In the end, I still made the right choice and did what I wanted to do. Fortunately, once I went into filming I was able to dismiss all those worries. Because I was busy living the life of Dongshik.

Q: What about now? Since the filming has ended, how do you feel now?

PYC: Firstly now, I need to get myself out from Haemoo…Until now, I am still deeply immersed in Haemoo. The aroma of nostalgia.

Q: What do you think is Dongshik’s source of strength?

PYC: Compared to love…To be honest, it’s life. The larger part of it was life. Even though Dongshik has given his heart to Hongmae (Han Yeri), if that had nothing to do with life then, do you think he would have wanted to protect her? Dongshik is a person who suppresses all his feelings but he is a person who has a strong will to live on. I see that his will was expressed through Hongmae.

Q: Do you think that Dongshik is someone who became stronger because of his instinct to live? Or do you reckon it’s the opposite?

PYC: I’m thinking whether it’s because he was frail and that made him stronger instead. No matter how I look at it, Dongshik is not the most down-to-earth person. Because he is not down-to-earth/realistic, he carries a lot of necessary elements towards others. I probably learned about the figure in me which I did not know about and learning it for the first time, I was very surprised myself. I wished to express such things.

Q: As you’ve mentioned, there were moments when I discovered the self in me which I did not know about. In reality, when did Park Yuchun feel something like that?

PYC: I felt it a lot this year. After filming for Haemoo ended (T/N: for the day), I went back to the lodging and fell into deep thoughts while having a glass of beer. Come to think of it, it could be because of that so I could not sleep and felt tired the following day. Last time, I used to think a lot too but this time, the feeling is very different. So, I came to realize that I did not notice the new changes in my personality.

Q: What type of personality?

PYC: I used to be someone who will read another person’s expressions. To put it in a nice way, it means I look at situations and read people’s expressions (T/N: His actions is dependent on the situation and how others see him). Anyway, the fact that I still look at people that way will not change. However, before this, I used to think that this personality of mine is ridiculously great but now, my thinking has changed a little. I think it’s necessary to use the way I look at others to also look at myself.

Q: When was it that you felt the happiest?

PYC: I am happy these days. The right way to put it instead of saying that I’m happy is that I feel peaceful. I have put down many things and I am giving up on/letting go of many things. (T/N: He may mean burden in this sense)

Q: Define giving up.

PYC: There are various ways to define. Even though I always have to set a good example, I feel like I’ve done all the things I want to do. Hahaha. Giving up in that sense? I am gradually letting go of the greed for great freedom/liberty.

Q: My question is, why do you want to give that up? The celebrities in our country has the tendency to hide themselves because of the attention they are getting from other people. Under such pressures, isn’t it healthy to be able to live freely?

PYC: Of course, that’s right. It’s good to have freedom while working but I think when it comes to things which are not related to work and wanting freedom in that, it becomes loneliness. Be it family members or people in the company, when you’ve caused them to feel lonely, my question is will there still be value in the freedom which you’re chasing after? It’s like having a wide warehouse now but because you cannot arrange it well, there seems to be no room for anything in there. I think I’ve arrived at the point where there is a need to manage my interpersonal relationships.

2014081419575415502.jpg

Q: In relationships, are you the type who will bring it to a definite close when a relationship comes to an end?

PYC: I failed in doing so. I wanted to do it that way but I felt sorry so, I was not able to do it. I wanted to just run away but when I thought about the many faces, I could not bring myself to do it. It will gradually get better in the future. I quickly put it aside and try not to think about it.

Q: After going into acting through Sungkyunkwan Scandal, there were almost no controversies with regards to your acting. It feels like Haemoo also sailed successfully and arrived safely (T/N: Premiered successfully without any interference). After the movie preview, the responses you received were all good.

PYC: Honestly, I didn’t know that. I was not touched by those words. I am wondering if my acting was really worthy of those high praise. I simply only lived as Dongshik without missing a moment but because I was complimented for that, all of a sudden I feel that there are inadequate moments when I lived as Dongshik.

Q: That’s the best thing, isn’t it? I don’t mean to say that you feel good but to be able to put yourself aside, assume your character and to just completely live as that character; not many actors are able to do so.

PYC: Is…is that true? That’s…that’s the way it should be, right? [T/N: He was stuttering] I think that is fundamental.

Q: It is fundamental but not in many cases. Anyhow, being able to completely immerse yourself in the character is a situation which you can say with confidence and for that, you should be feeling proud.

PYC: Now that you’ve mentioned, I think that’s how it should be! Hahaha. I do have confidence in that.

Q: By the way, do you have the habit of checking out complimentary words? You are being surrounded by evaluations at an early stage so, do you feel alerted by sweet words?

PYC: Honestly, yes. I am alert.

Q: Are you perhaps the type of person who’s easily deceived?

PYC: (Looks at the people from his management company who were in front of him) I do look easy to be deceived, right? (Firmly) No! Maybe it’s difficult to deceive me. I can pretend to be deceived and yet not be caught for pretending.

Q: You have the a slick/sly side.

PYC: I clearly have that side. As I get older, I think I’m becoming sneakier. I’m thinking how it would be like to be much sneakier than I am now.

Q: Looking at your filmography: Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Miss Ripley, Rooftop Prince, Missing You, Three Days and Haemoo, they are all of different genres.

PYC: It wasn’t intentional. I chose a film, did it and it just turned out the way it did. Also, after doing one, I naturally had the desire to show something different from before.

2014081419571366839.jpg

Q: Since you’re considering to look for something different, why don’t you dye your hair? (laughs) There have been many conversations going on about your hair color. The feedback from others is why you’re maintaining your hair black.

PYC: This is slightly dyed. It has been a long time. I do not want to change my outer appearance. What I have is good as it is. Acne scar is good, not having eyebrows is also good. I was told to get eyebrow tattoo but I would just like to live as how I look like. Before, I used to dress up but now, I do not have the interest to do so. Just place fancy stuff where they are supposed to be and that’s enough.

Q: What type of man or senior is attractive?

PYC: A senior like Yoo Seung Mok sunbae. Seungmok-hyungnim is very manly, and even though he can be crazy in acting, he is an attentive husband and good father to his daughter. All the seniors in Haemoo are like that. They are very masculine but also soft and homely men.

Q: I assume that kind of lifestyle is one you are dreaming of.

PYC: That’s right. I would like to live like that. It would be great to place family first above work. I know how difficult it is and that’s why I stay together with my family for the longest time possible.

Q: You seem to harbor such a great yearning to become a good father.

PYC: I do. Yearning to become a good parent.

Q: What kind of a son were you?

PYC: Ah…A very unfilial son. Now that I am working and earning money, I can provide a nice house but what is the meaning of all these when that person is no longer around [T/N: His father, I assume]. That’s why, I am trying my best to treat my mother well. At the same time, I separate my life from my mother’s because I think that is better for her.

Q: You said you will be going to the studio to practice for the concert after this interview. How is it like to be going back-and-forth between being an actor and a singer?

PYC: It happens naturally. It’s something which I do frequently. Above everything else, these 2 jobs bring me joy so, there is no burden at all.

Q: It seems like there are other countless Yuchuns existing between actor Park Yuchun and singer Park Yuchun.

PYC: No. I think there isn’t singer Yuchun either. Not even actor Yuchun. It’s just solely me. Many people are talking about the many facades of my figure. However, in the end that is just me so why do they want to talk about me separately? I am who I am.

Source: Tenasia
Translated by: @yochwennie(1,2,3)

[Kpop news] Interview with Yoochun (JYJ), “Haemoo ( Sea Fog)”
Katie  |  sstvpress@naver.com

승인 2014.08.26  18:13:36

259876_13377_1354.jpg

[sSTV l Katie]  Debuted as idol group TVXQ ( 동방신기, 東方神起), Yoochun (JYJ) has now made his name an actor through dramas; ‘성균관 스캔들’ ‘ 옥탑방 왕세자’ ‘쓰리데이즈’. Now he is back with his 1st movie - “해무 (Haemoo, trans. Sea Fog)”.

Based on an successful original play, Director Sim Seong-bo well illustrates aggravating tension among people out in the heavily fogged sea as their plan goes wrong due to tragic accident. Screenplay is by Bong Joon-ho and Sim Seong-bo. Director Bong Joon-ho participated in making of ‘살인의 추억(Memories of Murder)’, ‘괴물(The Host)’, ‘설국열차(Snowpiercer)’ and Director Sim Seong-bo wrote scenario for ‘살인의 추억(Memories of Murder)’. Also, senior actor Kim Youn-seok is starred.

“I get nervous every time I do an art piece. I was even more nervous because people kept reminding me ‘this is the 1st movie’. (grinned). And when making a movie, they take only one to two scenes only in a day. Instead they take one scene in many times in various angles. At first I could get along with the pace. Then later I got used to it, and was able to focus on the character. I usually put character aside easily, but I think 동식(Dong-sik, character name) will last long”.

259876_13378_1354.jpg

The First Reading.

Yoochun not only worked with experienced actors as Kim Yoon-seok, Lee Hee-joon, Moon Seong-geun, Kim Sang-ho and Yoo Seung-mok; But also had to show sharp confliction with these actors in the later part of movie.

“Until I met them, I was extremely nervous. At the first reading, I was afraid that they might point out my awkward Yeosu dialect. But as we acted together, such nervousness and pressures greatly lessened. I got many helps from the senior actors. I was able to get closer especially through casual drinking gatherings, where we talked about movie and ordinary things. Secluded film setting also had positive effects. I think that’s why I was able to focus on acting, forgetting about pressures I had at first”.

Yoochun continued by explaining why he took the Dong-sik role, and at the same time thanked senior actors.

“First and the most, I was drawn to the character. I liked his simplicity and how he acted upon his thoughts without delay. Either right or wrong, it felt fresh and envious. And of course, I was expecting on working with many senior actors. I always wanted to work with senior actors. I WANTED to act with total immersion”.

259876_13379_1355.jpg

Love : will I be able to have such love?

Among many reasons why Yoochun chose Dong-sik, a significant reason was because Dong-sik was a character who expressed what he thought and felt. Perhaps, it was an irresistible charm to someone who always had to look out due to heavy attention caused from early and big popularity.

“Yes, it must have influence from my career. But being able to directly pursue when one thinks and feels (instead of backhanding) is what I have always admired. I express it out through acting sometimes, and its like … vicarious satisfaction? (laughed). Yes, it definitely consolidated me this time. Especially the part falling in love with Hong-mae (played by Han Ye-ri). I wonder if I would ever be able to have such love in my life”.

At the end of the interview, Yoochun added “I hope I am invisible in “Haemoo” and “When time passes, I want to hear ‘was Yoochun in that movie?’”.

more news on: http://www.ahatv.co.kr/news/articleList.html?sc_serial_code=SRN12&view_type=sm

SSTV Katie sstvpress@naver.com

class="entry-title"[TRANS] 140827 Kim Yoon-seok & Kim Sang-ho mentions Yoochun in their interviews August 27, 2014 · rilanna

30000401214_700.jpg

Q. How was maknae Park Yoochun in his scenes?

A. He acted to expose his bare skin. He didn’t have any difficulty [with it] at all. He deserves getting praised for that kind of courage. It is his debut work in a movie and he completely exposed his bare skin. He has the aptitude for acting.

1831693.jpg

-Singer-cum-actor Park Yoochun had his first debut onscreen with ‘Sea Fog’. The idol-turned-actor had set out as the movie’s protagonist, evaluate his acting as a sunbae(/senior)

“I discovered friends called idol-turned-actor lately starring a lot in whether movies or dramas, etc.. I don’t think this current situation is bad, sometime ago. I’m envious of the ways they rather dance well and are good at acting as well. For the instance like Yoochunnie, I thought his learning abilities are quick. It was much easier [for him] to accept what was written in scenarios. He was full of senses too. He must have been born with these components, I think it is innate for Yoochunnie. I’m looking forward to the acting he’ll put forth in his next piece of work.”

Sources: SBSfunE + News1

class="entry-title"[Movie Point] The Greatest Scenes and Lines in the Film ‘Sea Fog’ Posted by: Han Jihee , August 27, 2014

This post is also available in: Japanese, Korean

(Spoiler Included)

#1. “This is the first class!” – Engine room was the first class of the ship ‘Jeonjin.’ 

Engine room is the heart of Ship ‘Jeonjin’ and the place where ‘Hong-mae’ and Dong-sik’ fall in love.

Dong-sik’ brings ‘Hong-mae’ who tries to hide from a fishery patrol ship to the engine room. He handed a blanket, a pillow, and napkins to her. Then, he said in Chungcheong accent, “This is good place~. I will make a bed for you, then this place becomes the first class of this ship~. You just take a rest here~.“

Dong-sik’ also said to ‘Hong-mae’ who gobbles up Bbanggamae (It refers to ramen noodles. Crewmen call it  ‘Bbanggamae’ in Korea.) that Dong-sik’ made for her, “Actually, original Bbanggamae is all about seafood. You should put crabs, sea squirt, octopus, sea cucumber, and oyster in order to make original one. You also put hot red pepper to make it tastes better. That is the real and original Bbanggamae of crewmen. You know what I mean?”

#2.”Sea fog is gently coming.”

The scene the section chief of maritime police ‘Chief Kim’ looks through the ship ‘Jeonjin’ after he finds out something fishy is going on in the ship arguing with captain ‘Kang’ maximizes the feeling of tension in this movie.

In addition, line of ‘Chief Kim’ saying “Sea fog is gently coming. I will see you guys on land.” is chosen as one of the greatest lines in the movie since this line was used as a foreshadow of unexpected accident that happened to the crewmen.

#3.“Haven’t you ever gotten on an Airplane? They provide this as soon as passengers get on the plane.”

The line that Kyung-goo(Yoo Seung-mok) says to Chang-wook(Lee Hee-jun) while he gives out cup noodles to stowaway made audiences burst into laughter.

When Chang-wook asks Kyung-goo, “Are you giving them out already?” Kyung-goo(Yoo Seung-mok) answered, “Haven’t you ever gotten on an Airplane? They provide this as soon as passengers get on the plane” giving out cup noodles to stowaway who just got on the ship ‘Jeonjin.’

Meanwhile, the film ‘Sea Fog’ showing remarkable acting has already attracted a million audiences.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by NEW, Translated by Park Kayla

from getitk

• 2 weeks later...

HaeMoo Reviews
TIFF

id="blogPostHeaderPanel" TIFF Review: Korean Thriller 'Haemoo' Co-Written By 'Snowpiercer' Director Bong Joon-Ho by Nikola Grozdanovic
September 5, 2014 4:58 PM

• Haemoo, Shim Sung-bo,
    South Korean cinema has a special way of smacking you upside the head as soon as you settle in and feel like you’ve gotten a grip on its characters and the story’s direction. Take a look at any of the most popular films out there, particularly from internationally renowned masters Bong Joon-ho and Park Chan-wook, and you’ll see what we’re talking about. This year, a single South Korean film, directed by relatively unknown Shim Sung-bo, found its way into TIFF’s prestigious Gala program (usually reserved for the glitziest star-filled movies of the season). In fact, it’s Shim’s debut feature as a director, with only a couple of writing credits under his belt. So how did “Haemoo” end up sailing its way into the significant international waters of Toronto, exactly? Having Bong producing and co-writing your project certainly helps, but making South Korean cinema still feel fresh and vital with its genre-swerving storytelling practically seals the deal.
    Set in 1998, during the aftermath from the IMF financial crisis of 1997, “Haemoo” follows a ragtag trawler crew, scraping to survive as fishermen in economically desolate times. Captain Kang (Kim Yoon-seok) is the kind of man who considers his rusty, old and half-broken ship ‘Junjin’ a family member, stubbornly ignoring everyone’s suggestions to do away with it. Meanwhile, when he comes back home and catches his cheating wife in the middle of the act, he merely express his annoyance with a tiresome sigh. With a five-man crew under his leadership, including a wise old engineer who comically hides from debt collectors, and 26-year-old Dong-sik (Park Yu-chun) who prides himself in being a sailor, the walls are closing in on Kang because there’s no catch big enough to fish his way out of the financial woes that are drowning him and his brothers-at-sea. With his back up against it, Kang sees no way out other than to accept an illegal smuggling job from a local shyster known for transporting contraband from China. The cargo? Chino-Korean immigrants.
    The unraveling of the plot begins when one of the immigrants, Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri), accidentally falls into the water mid-transfer. After a second’s hesitation, Dong-sik jumps into the water and saves her, silently vowing, it seems, to be her protector from there on out. Meanwhile, at the sight of two women among the frightened and confused group, Kang mumbles to himself how having women on board his ship is bad luck. Yet, even with these ominous signs and foreshadowing, including a near-fatal incident in the opening sequence of the film, nothing truly prepares the audience for what Bong and Shim have in store once the sea fog (the literal translation of ‘Haemoo’) sets in. Adventure, action, romance, horror and comedy of the darkest kind reign simultaneously once the shocking incident occurs. To reveal this incident would spoil the gumption shown by the filmmakers, but suffice it to say that "Haemoo" becomes an all-together different kind of beast. For better, and for worse.
    Haemoo
    Never in a million years would someone be able to watch this film for the first time and guess that it’s a debut feature. So assured is the direction, so purposeful is the camera that frenetically follows the characters on the boat, so optimally bleak are the wide shots of the isolated ship, aimlessly stuck between the darkness of the ocean and the darkness of the thundering skies above. The cinematographer Hong Kyeong-pyo truly deserves accolades for imbuing the picture with a ghostlike atmosphere that makes any Tim Burton picture look like a Skittles commercial. Add to this the character of the ship itself, thanks to the screenplay’s intelligent scattering of episodes across various locations on the vessel, and you’ve got yourself a picture of truly epic dimensions. Bong Joon-ho’s influence is felt from rhapsodic start to somber finish, and it’s clear that the two men have built a good working foundation from their first collaboration, Bong’s brilliant “Memories of Murder,” which Shim co-wrote. Mind you, once the titular fog envelops the ship and all the hearts and minds on board along with it, the tone of the film obscures any genuine attributes these characters may have possessed in the first half of the film.
    About two-thirds in, a realization creeps in that this is a carefully crafted story with characters that can only exist in fiction. The effect is one of dispelled movie magic, not unlike Bong’s recent “Snowpiercer”. People begin to lose their minds, and human desires flare up, in comically nightmarish fashion that’s much too quick to properly absorb and admire. This unwelcome feeling still doesn’t stop one from enjoying the devilish fun when one of the crew members calms everyone down by saying “we are all in the same boat. Literally!” The performances from the three leads, Kim in particular relishing his role with subtle viciousness similar to Humphrey Bogart in “Treasure of Sierra Madre”, also anchor the film so that it doesn’t get too lost in the tonal twists and turns. And once the fog clears, despite the questionable pace along the way, Shim has much to be proud of.
    South Korea’s peculiar brand of cinema is doubtlessly thrilling when done right. Similarly though, it can tip the genre scales a little too forcefully at times, making for a nauseous ride. "Haemoo" is bit of mixed bag in that sense, and a certain time-jumping decision at the end will leave many international audiences scratching their heads, while it may very well resonate with a more understanding South Korean crowd. In any case, "Haemoo" is a picture worth seeing for its thrills, scrupulous tension-building and mischievous genre twists that will have you gasping one second, and laughing the next. 

http://t.co/Om5k37vsFA 

Haemoo

5 September, 2014 | By Jason Bechervaise Dir/scr: Shim Sung-bo. South Korea. 2014. 111mins

Haemoo

Produced and co-written by one of Korea’s most prolific filmmakers Bong Joon Ho, Haemoo is a bleak but superbly orchestrated character-driven feature based on a true story that was made into a stage play about a group of fishermen who smuggle 25 Chinese-Korean immigrants aboard their boat that ends in bitter tragedy.
    Cinematographer Hong Kyeong-pyo again further demonstrates his wealth of talent at capturing the limited space, while the exterior shots provide a beautiful yet an eerie backdrop.

A bit sad.............Sea Fog is an awesome movie but the local korean market just didn't get it i guess :(I think it is so much better than Pirates...which is like Pirates of the Caribbean...
True awesome acting of Park Yu Chun.....

class="entry-title"[iNTERVIEW] 140904 ‘Sea Fog’ Han Ye-ri, “emphasized her femininity for romance with Park Yoochun” September 10, 2014 · rilanna

2014090401000547000029312.jpg

Han Ye-ri and Park Yoochun as Dong-shik showed a fresh yet sad love line within the thriller. The melo[drama] of the two people is said to create drama in order to have more tension. Han Ye-ri portrayed the character Hong-mae, who possesses mysterious charms to gain one man’s love, perfectly.

Han Ye-ri has many experiences getting to work with singers-turned-actors, as the only co-actress. Including JYJ’s Park Yoochun this time, she had worked with BIG BANG’s Choi Seung-hyun(T.O.P) in ‘The Alumni’. So what does she think about singers-turned-actors?

“I don’t think I am necessarily prejudiced toward singers-turned-actors. Because I watched Park Yoochun so much through the screen as an actor than a singer, I already had the notion that he’s an actor. Despite whether I was shy or I took time to somehow get acquainted [with him] when I actually met him for the first time; I had the impression he was prepared to be Dong-shik and wanted ‘to do well with just me’. He had a lot of passion toward the movie.”

Han Ye-ri was the only woman on ‘Sea Fog’ filming set. She worked with crew members Kim Yoon-seok, Moon Sung-geun, Kim Sang-ho, Yoo Seung-mok, Lee Hee-joon; including Park Yoochun. According to Park Yoochun’s account, Han Ye-ri was a stronger actor than anyone on the filming set.

Source: Asia Today

HaeMoo Reviews/Reactions from the recently concluded TIFF...

Embedded image permalink

Haemoo - 9/10

A fishing boat crew on its last legs are forced to take up a human smuggling job. Absolutely fantastic, my favorite film of TIFF. The intensity throughout the entire film is incredibly well-done as is the portrayal of the descents of all the characters. I was iffy on a romantic subplot that is introduced at the beginning of the film but it becomes part of the foundation that holds the entire film up. Once the second act of the film starts up, it never really slows down. This film is packed with incredibly uncomfortable but powerful scenes and there were noticeable gasps in my audience throughout most of the final two acts of the film. The camera is shaky, the score is great, the scenes look beautiful. I loved, loved, loved, loved this movie. My only complaint is the ending which I thought could’ve been cut out entirely but it didn’t really hurt the film much.

http://t.co/9QJlqyTuwG

@BonMorrison Haemoo was absolutely fantastic. My favourite of the festival. Intense all the way through. South Korea - keep doing it right.
 @Bachalo  Haemoo was brilliant, a fishing tale u don't want 2 miss! #haemoo #TIFF14
@PopCulturePoet  Love how one of my favorites of the fest I see second to last. Love me some Haemoo! #TIFF14   @Thirdmanmovies  #Haemoo was a tense South Korean thriller, like Reservoir Dogs on a fishing boat w/ other humans as the loot. Loved it #TIFF14 @cameron_tiff
 @Amanda_Parsons  Haemoo, Equalizer and Before We Go are three distinct movies that will break your heart, scare you or make you smile #TIFF14
 @MichaelKN  Well, 10 days and 30 films later, #TIFF14 is sadly over. My top 5: 1) It Follows 2) Haemoo 3) '71 4) Alleluia 5) The Keeping Room
 @jesssetaylor  Finally done with #TIFF14. My 5 favourite films I saw were: 1) A Pigeon Sat on a Branch 2) Force Majeure 3) Mommy 4) Nightcrawler 5) Haemoo
 @1Movie5Views  Final #TIFF14 Reviews: The Crow’s Egg, Big Game, Men, Women & Children, 99 Homes and Haemoo http://wp.me/pLwiv-7JY    @synthiat Haemoo was not what I expected. Definitely worth a watch. #TIFF14
@Amanda_Parsons  Haemoo, Equalizer and Before We Go are three distinct movies that will break your heart, scare you or make you smile #TIFF14    @binarybastard #haemoo may be difficult to watch but it is also impossible to look away. Beauty, grandeur and terror. #tiff14

@TheShawnNova
TOP 5 of #TIFF14: 5. Haemoo 8.3/10 4. Wild 8.5/10 3. Mommy/tied with/Men Women and Children 8.9/10 2. A Hard Day 9.2/10 1. Whiplash 9.4/10

Archived