[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

abbysomeone said: WOW, my heart was pounding at the end of ep 8. I had to go take a walk and savor the awesomeness. Now all I have to do is keep busy so the time between now and next Wed doesn't drag. I am hoping there is a preview Mon. This is currently my favorite drama and where other dramas have gone of course, this one has gotten consistently better and better. The cat is pretty much out of the bag. DH is going to try and stuff it back in but to no avail of course. 
What kind of a burn is that by the way? It looks like they slapped fried chicken skin on her. Is she supposed to be burned or have leprosy? Aaaand one more....I think she got the same make up person who did Freddie Krueger. I'm hopeful surgery can fix that. MH may want to help with that.
@falloutjane I love your recap. I almost spit coffee on my screen over "gangster unni". She's one of my favorite characters, I love her....almost as much as I despise SY. 

Guest Sherina JhTan

falloutjane said:Then they were separated. And she finally stood up. I liked that no one helped her up. In fact, when the coat came landing on her, MH was all GET UP. The last shred of dignity he gave her is so awesome. As opposed to just I don't know help her out or carry her out, as expected of other B-grade makjang. Then after that, MH got a call, confirming from KS that the pair were together that night, and most likely that DH was driving or something. At the same time, SY lost her nice girl act and I htink did something to the shares of K group. 
 Love how you analysed this part so thoroughly. :) In a way, both YJ and MH are very realistic and tough, choosing not to confer to the norms of " Namja saves Yeoja"/ cliche heroic moments. 

Or should i say, the pd-nims and writers are just awesome for this production. credits goes to the camera man too, alot of scenes were shot against the norms, eg the portrayal of characters through the reflection mirrors,small visible door openings (Our stalker minhyeok's scene after he fell out with SY and DH ep7), the reflection of the clear water ( DH after the car accident), even the cremation of JH's baby was shot from the furnance instead of from the exterior.In a way, the shots accurately portrayed the characters' inner emotions and turmoil as they were put through differing struggles, hence dragging us, the audience straight into their feelings. daebak.

I think when DH was laughing seeing YJ at that state it's like the last part of his humanity is gone he is now completely evil .and about MH we are not sure if he really know the truth maybe he mean something else when he talk with YJ at the end but today episode prove that MH already in love with her how he protect her and hit that man for her .for me secret is the best drama in 2013, somehow secret remind me to the old Korea drama which was the best by how the actors play they role very good and express every emotion and how those drama hooked us  for example : sorry I love you , what happen in bali . 

Guest serenity003

I lost the original link but this is what I liked about what the staff of secret said:
"Ji Sung's obsession and revenge on Hwang Jung Eum is to get stronger."

<Just noticed they used the actor and actress name not the character name>  :))

btw..u gals *or guys* remember abt MH told DH dat the one who block her parole is not him??it was you..that means its DH..so my take is DH is responsible for watever happens to her son..and when he went drinking with his father he said.."if his son is alive..bla bla bla.." most probably he chuck his son somewhere..
all along he has nvr acknowledge his relationship upfront..like as if his PROSECUTOR title is damn big..
the fact that she is his backbone,his financial provider has shown wat a jerk he is..sorry but maybe jerk is not the right word..and even bastards is not that quite right to describe him too....i need a new awesome MEAN BAD words to describe him...hihi

Guest lettykay

abbysomeone said: What kind of a burn is that by the way? It looks like they slapped fried chicken skin on her. Is she supposed to be burned or have leprosy? Aaaand one more....I think she got the same make up person who did Freddie Krueger. I'm hopeful surgery can fix that. MH may want to help with that.

Guest PinkNinjaStar

@falloutjane - awesome recap..I really enjoyed it. You got me more excited to watch ep 8 and recall your reactions to those scenes you mentioned that made me laugh..hehehe Hope you continue to do recap and thanks!  

Guest ngthuhien149

I think I was wrong... I think DH is looping lower and getting worse if not worst. In last ep, he was scared when MH and YJ were together and he came up w a pretty good reason for that, like he did care for her and did not want her to get hurt by MH. But in this ep, he just went all out, he did not really mind to make up an excuse for it. More  like he can't. Actually YJ knew so well and had been pretending not to be related to him. If she meant to expose everything, DH would never have gone that far really. However, his insecurity ate up his rationality, he was so freaking scared to even see her anywhere near him now. Seems like he told her she should not b in the same place with him. No way YJ would interprete into he cared for her, it was obvious he was afraid he would get caught and make a fuss on it. He made it clear that he only thought for himself. That was why YJ left. I am ok with everything she did in this, it is consistent considering how YJ is as a charactermand what got her to this point at the first place, but not that moment, at least make sure the ppl you sacrifice for care for you, even just one bit. Why the heck did she have to explain abt not knowing he is gonna be there?  Girl should have left right away. I hope she wakes up after that convo.
@lettykay I also think the same... but then I am confused.... at that moment DH only looked at YJ as if he did not care about the surrounding and MH. So I do not know, it was creepy and I am so curious what he was thinking. But for sure that kind of laugh can only be for the irony he felt, either abt himself, or about sth else.

I think some of the posters have gotten Hyejin and Haeri mixed up in their posts.  I can understand the mix-up since they do look very much alike although I think Haeri is better looking than Hyejin, imho.
Correct me if I'm wrong:
Haeri is the friend from her tollbooth days.  Now working at K Hotel and had recommended YJ a couple of PT jobs at K Hotel.  She's the one bowing to MH repeatedly when he comes acalling at YJ's home/workshop where curly-haired unni and crazy Sandara unni are waiting to start dinner. 
Haeri is NOT Hyejin - that traitorous cellmate who got biatched-slapped and made San black-and-blue for $$$.

Okay, by screencaps the episode looks amazing!! Can't to watch. 
On another note... I'm smiling so hard because my freaky imagination os kinda right. Yesterday I was thinking in how MH would find out about YJ's scar... so I thought: some party, MH buys her a dress that shows her scar, he sees it... then he buys another dress that wouldn't make her uncomfortable. then at the party something happens and YJ is humiliated and,of course, her scar is show and MH is the one to rescue her. I haven't watched the ep just saw the screencaps, so I don't know much. But I'm a like a s school girl on sunday because my imagination got something righ!  :P

Hi! I'm new in this thread, but I love Secret soo much that I need to talk about it with someone LOL

Br_Writer said: Okay, by screencaps the episode looks amazing!! Can't to watch. 
On another note... I'm smiling so hard because my freaky imagination os kinda right. Yesterday I was thinking in how MH would find out about YJ's scar... so I thought: some party, MH buys her a dress that shows her scar, he sees it... then he buys another dress that wouldn't make her uncomfortable. then at the party something happens and YJ is humiliated and,of course, her scar is show and MH is the one to rescue her. I have watched the ep just saw the screencaps, so I don't know much. But I'm a like a s school girl on sunday because my imagination got something righ!  :P