[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

I love how the direction injected some sense of humor/ cute scenes into MH's 'stalker' character. It works so well and gave us a better insight into MH's mental state. Very impressed with JS & BSB's in how they expressed themselves when they're angry/ happy/ fearful/ sad. Their eyes relayed those messages so clearly and make the drama more real and believable.

KS's character is so perfect for this young actor. It's not a secret, I like seeing his cute bromance with MH.

I want to know what's MH's stepmom secret. At first, I'm so annoyed with her gold digger character but she showed a tender side on Epi 10, with MH's calling her 'mother' and the musical box incident.

DH, DHM & SY- It's not a secret that I can't wait for their downfall!!! DH- this guy is just too unbelievable. I can feel his plan will backfired with MH's Dad assistant watching over MH. I wonder those documents secretly taken by DH from the safe maybe not be the real stuff. MH's dad never trusted DH and his assistant has been secretly monitoring him from beginning.

This drama is progressing fast and well directed indeed. I have non stop praising everyone but I'd say this time, This Director really really deserved merits for putting everyone and everything together to make this brilliant drama.

I'm a bit worried as there are only 6 episodes left and how they're going to squeeze everything together. For me, the REVENGE scenes are just starting! I hope they're just keeping a secret for now and will tell us that it''ll be extended to 20 at least.

It's not a sceret that the reference to Wuthering Height's plot is really worrying me as I hope for good ending.  

Good dramas always ended up fast and those horrible boring uninteresting twisted dramas dragging forever.

Okay.. How are they going to clean up this mess within 6 episodes?! I don't think YJ feels attracted towards MH.. how are they going to build that up when there are so many other things that needs to be explored as well?

Hi all, it's my first time posting in this thread but I've truly enjoyed reading all the snippets of information about the drama and the in depth thoughts and insights shared about the plot development and the main characters in it.

Secret Love is such an astounding, compelling and intense drama that it keeps me in suspense eagerly wanting to know what is going to happen next and how the story will continue to unfold. That I do find myself re-watching my favourite scenes in the drama a couple of times, something which I rarely do. The story just keeps getting better and better and it keeps the viewers waiting in anticipation for the upcoming episodes.

I'm really loving this drama and the sizzling chemistry shared  between the main leads. I have to commend Hwang Jung Eum for her impressive portrayal of the character, Yoo Jeong and Ji Sung for his splendid portrayal of the character, Min Hyuk as an "obsessive compulsive stalker" and yet being an adorable dork who is always drawn to her unwittingly. In spite of the emotional pain and conflicts he is going through, being torn between his feelings for Yoo Jeong and the guilty conscience that pricks him every time when he is reminded that the latter has caused the death of his former girlfriend, he remains to be her guardian angel who is always watching over her and is gradually falling hard for her.

Thank you for all your wonderful recaps and screencaps of the drama. :)

Love this write-up, especially the bit about the Wed-Thurs night-time slot being the most popular time slot in Korea.
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/46846/20131025/ji-sung-tops-lee-min-ho-tops-kwon-sang-woo.htm

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;"Ji Sung Tops Lee Min Ho Tops Kwon Sang Woo?

WHO WINS IN THE BATTLE OF "SECRET" VS. "THE HEIRS" VS. "MEDICAL TOP TEAM"?

Sung Tops Lee Min Ho Tops Kwon Sang Woo?

Ji Sung is hitting it out of the ballpark left and right. His first home run was his marriage to the beautiful Lee Bo Young, and the second, while not like the first, is also spectacular in its own right - his newest TV Drama, "Secret", is the highest rated drama among the Wednesday and Thursday night time slot, beating out "The Heirs" and "Medical Top Team".

It's recording a 15.3% rating on Nielsen Korea's rating chart. Ji Sung, Hwang Jung Eum, Bae Soo Bin, and Lee Da Hee's superior acting as well as a team of great writers put together a dark horse of a drama in the most popular TV time slot in Korea.

This is a particularly surprising feat, especially when its rivals are examined. Because of the popularity of the time slot, all three major TV stations publish their most anticipated drama during what TV Stations call the "golden hour".

The second place in rating goes to Lee Min Ho and "The Heirs". They were one of the two favorites to take the top spot, but they haven't been able to get over the hump of 2nd place. This may be because the drama has just begun to take form in terms of all the relationships being established. Still, they registered a high 11.9%.

The last place is the most surprising because it was projected to take the top spot off the bat. Kwon Sang Woo and the MBC drama "Medical Top Team" are registering a dismal 5.5%. They have a blockbuster cast of Kwon Sang Woo, Jung Ryeo Won, Joo Ji Hoon, and Oh Yeon Seo and a generally popular medical theme, but "Medical Top Team" seems mired to be in the last place.

"Secret" was projected to have the worst ratings among the three dramas for several reasons. First, Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum never had the "pull" to draw audience to their former works. They were great actors, but they lose in popularity compared to Lee Min Ho and Kwon Sang Woo. Second, they were a traditional romance drama going against two very popular genres - romantic comedy and medical science. The choice to air a drama that has an antiquated theme was seen as a failing choice. "Secret" broke these notions completely, and was recognized an elite drama by the viewers.

"The Heirs" gets a bit of a break here because it is only a few weeks old. The storyline hasn't fully developed, but it is expected to be the main competitor to "Secret". The writer, Kim Eun Sook, is a star writer who produced run away hits such as "Secret Garden" and "Gentleman's Dignity". Her newest drama is also expected to be a runaway hit. It's a romantic comedy that features superstar Lee Min Ho and the very popular Park Shin Hye as the two protagonists.

"Medical Top Team" was projected to be a hit purely because of the casting of Hallyu Superstar Kwon Sang Woo. The criticism on the series includes a lack of character development, a lack of a progressive plot, and an unimpressive supporting cast. However, Kwon Sang Woo was able to steer his last almost-failure "King of the Night" to the top spot, so it is worth watching to see if he can pull of the same feat this time as well.

I don't see any romantic scenes happening between MH & YJ. Only 6 episodes left! This coming 6 episodes will be more on YJ seeking revenge with MH's support. MH's cares for YJ and by placing her close to him, he might already falls for her but time is is too limited for any romantic plots to be included. Indirectly it could happen but I don't think the director will dwell on it too much.

As usual, the viewers will hope for them to be together at the end. It may be possible if they stay alive at the end, few yrs later after MH's dad pass away, then he can marry anyone without his father's pressure.

Yes, I agree with many here and also don't want SAN's to be alive as it'll be a bad memory knowing DH is an evil dad and killed YJD aka Gpa too.

d0137 said: @aznlad33The writer deceived us/at least me... his character was deceiving from earlier episodes, because i had thought MH was behind taking the baby away from her .... he didn't even bother to take the kid to his parents....i am sorry but those two are also no help, they knew about the baby and yet ...i HATE IS MUM!! They will be kneeling  and apologising to YJ when their son is finally in jail (so i hope)All he did before that made it look like he truly loved her was out of his initial guilt on her decision which obviously later was overtaken by his own greed and desperation to climb up in life ... his last words to her on ep.10....... i wanted to be her and grab his neck right then...

Haven't been here a couple of days, and we're already at 260+ pages. Well done!

Just finished watching eps 9 and 10 sub and loved all those YJ and MH interactions. I especially loved the part where MH blurted out to YJ that he is crazy worrying about her and that's why she should always stay by his side.  That was his Oops! moment, and I loved how he closed his mouth and let go of her arms when he realized what he shouldn't have just said.  Truly a LOL moment. Daebak!
I tend to ff any DH and SY parts. Bleh ...

Even though I love all the secrets and our attempts at unraveling them (and the SECRETS do take centerstage), I'm beginning to understand the genius behind the writing for this show (well, imho that is).
And, that is my realization of what the writer is trying to tell us - that life is about choices, and if given another chance, will the two main characters MH and YJ still make the same choices.

Min Hyuk - when given the choice between money or love at the beginning of the show, he chose money over JH.  He's regretted it ever since.  I believe in the next few episodes, he will be given that same choice again - money or love. But, this time, he will choose love, and to hang on to YJ.  :x
Oooo, how our oppa will have grown in leaps and bounds.

Yoo Jeong - when given the choice to sacrifice herself for the one she loved, she chose to go to jail for DH.  In ep 10, she just found out she's been thoroughly betrayed by that richard simmons.  When given the choice again, will she sacrifice herself for love?  I think she will do it again and again and again, coz she's just that kind of gal   :x , but this time, it will be for MH. 

Even with the second leads, all they've done is about making choices - rightly or wrongly.  And of course, especially in DH's case, he's been making the wrong choices each and every time. By the end of the show, will he have enough conscience left to make that one right choice?  Same question of SY as well.

Edited to add:
So, at the beginning MH had his theory on love, or the lack thereof. 
By the end of the show, that theory would be proven wrong by MH and YJ, and that there is love.  Sighhh.... my fangirl heart.

Wednesdays can't come too soon for me.

@wiscpenn, in an amazing thread filled with so many insightful posts (thanks for that, everyone), your latest post is one of the best and most insightful posts I've read about Secret.  Agree with you about the writers  - genius.
http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/characters.html?tv_code=21

An Do-hoon  Character: Bae Soo-bin

28-year-old to 32-year-old

He is a public prosecutor and a clearheaded person with a handsome appearance.

His father became disabled in the midst of protest against unfair dismissal.

All the expectations of his family fell on his shoulders from childhood after her father became disabled.

He proposed to You-jeong, who helped him for seven years, after he became a prosecutor.

It seemed he could accomplish his longed-for dream to be a happy father…

Due to the fatal choice on the happiest day in his life, Do-hoon is faced with a cruel fate.

Unquote

italics are mine

lindy01

said:

I don't see any romantic scenes happening between MH & YJ. Only 6 episodes left! This coming 6 episodes will be more on YJ seeking revenge with MH's support. MH's cares for YJ and by placing her close to him, he might already falls for her but time is is too limited for any romantic plots to be included. Indirectly it could happen but I don't think the director will dwell on it too much.

As usual, the viewers will hope for them to be together at the end. It may be possible if they stay alive at the end, few yrs later after MH's dad pass away, then he can marry anyone without his father's pressure.

Yes, I agree with many here and also don't want SAN's to be alive as it'll be a bad memory knowing DH is an evil dad and killed YJD aka Gpa too.

Guest adniRose

MH keep on saying to YJ dont smile in front him...YJ may thinks he hates it but the truth is that smile is MH's weakness, coz he's just gonna fall deeper and deeper for her...and he wants that smile just for himself...:xhimnae Jo Minhyuk, just step up a little more game and it yours.....kkkk...:\">:P

@wiscpenn, thank you so much for what you said. Honestly I am even more of a  K-drama newbie than you (I  watch only BSB's dramas, and haven't watched them all in fact).
First time following a K-drama live and I get the phenomenon that is Secret - lucky or what? :)

Just read a comment on viki that after Secret ends, that person will have to undergo therapy. :)

I can't say enough about this drama. The writer is doing such a wonderful job. The casts are amazing in their characters. They each can tap into my emotion. From my ever growing hatred and disdain for DH...to wanting redemption for MH...to cheering for YJ and a life of peace and happiness that she so deserve...to yearning for SY get out of town.
Thank you PDnim and team for such a fabulous storyline!. Thumbs up! Stuck to this drama like glue!!