[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Thoughtful note about the ring. I heard one of the myths concerned with the ring. "The ring may go to its rightful owner." In this case, I believe, it is YJ's destiny to wear it, possess it and appreciate it.
I also heard of the ring may protect who wears it. I think, in this case, the ring helps YJ find her guidance angel, MH, who will protect her and help her in any later situations battled up with SY and DH. :-) Therefore, the symbolic meaning of the ring that the writer tried to portray does tell a very good story and I am literally amazed at the analytical thinking of @Lmangla.

SunStar said: i'm seriously not a fan of melo-dramas at all! i can vouch for that with all my list of dramas i avoided because it being a melo...BUT! this one really caught me right in the beginning and i cannot get it off my mind!

such a story have so much material to work with and i cannot wait to see how it all develops...especially between MH and YJ! gosh...i hated him soooo much for all the horrible things he put her through, but they're nothing compared to the betrayal her former-fiance did to her! she has such a tragic story, i want to see it to the point when things will get better for her and when MH realizes how wrong he has been!  i really should have waited until it finished airing to check it out cuz i can't concentrate on anything until Wed-Thrus!

hnin wintnaing said: Thoughtful note about the ring. I heard one of the myths concerned with the ring. "The ring may go to its rightful owner." In this case, I believe, it is YJ's destiny to wear it, possess it and appreciate it.
I also heard of the ring may protect who wears it. I think, in this case, the ring helps YJ find her guidance angel, MH, who will protect her and help her in any later situations battled up with SY and DH. :-) Therefore, the symbolic meaning of the ring that the writer tried to portray does tell a very good story and I am literally amazed at the analytical thinking of @Lmangla.

Hi @Lmangla, can I say thank you again for all your great insights so far in this thread? 
OK, I'll post that pic from viki.com (big shout out to the awesome subbing team there) and if it's not right to do so, please let me know and I'll delete it:

sCjS8cr.jpg

@cynkdf @creslin and others who have said they liked my comments, HUGS!!!
honestly, I was a bit wary of watching this drama since it was being branded as nice guy and I thought that was a stupid drama which I clocked out after the first few episodes. but I am really liking secret. the writer even though new seems to have a clear outline and is not making stuff up because they ran out of ideas. always easy to have a great discussion when there is good writing and acting. if people are looking for another great melo, would recommend watching scandal with Kim Jae Won. there are 4 more episodes left till it ends but it has some seriously awesome acting chops being displayed...

@Lmangla, so glad you decided to stick with Secret. :)  Thanks for your drama recommendation - I have read that Cho Jae Hyun is one of Korea's greatest actors.  Do you know that in 2010 he produced (I think he produced, not directed) BSB when BSB acted in a play "Lee Sang"?
@noniee - yes, at last  :) Now to wait till Wednesday ....

Okay, I posted a recap about this past week - 
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/14/secret-thoughts-on-week-3/

Every time I come to this thread, I read more amazing insights, you guys are awesome! I too, find myself nodding my head along with almost everything you all post.  :))
@cynkdf - thanks for the preview! That girl from prison is back - the one who was watching San. :-L  I'm happy she smacked the crap outta her. [-(  I also think it's gonna be hilarious if Se Yeon used DH to make MH jealous and it totally doesn't phase him at all. =))

@saya2, yep, hope we get to read a translation soon.
@cclover1, are you by any chance in the US now? Some people in the US had problems viewing previews of earlier episodes.
@tessieroo - that's awesome, going off to read your recap now :)  Thanks so much.

That preview is looking so mysterious, Did I just hear right, DH telling MH that he wants to steal SY from him like MH give a damn about SY.

I see also in the preview YJ meets the friend that sabotage her in prison to make them take away her son.

I think MH has started piece together thing regarding his ex girl friend, he saw the picture DH and YJ took on the day of the accident so maybe should know that YJ wasn't alone when the accident occurred.