[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

LKS to KJK: Name three celebrities you've dated.

LOOOL. KJK didnt answer, he slapped LKS. (Does that mean he dated more than three, cause I only know three he's dated).

Next question, KJK to LKS: Name three celebs you've dated. And LKS gave their names ahahhahaha (it was sensored tho)

@mary-ann I think KJK is funny, but I agree that he's not funny in the same way that YJS, LKS, and JSJ are funny. If SBS wanted to turn RM into a gag show, then it is understandable that they would think that KJK is not a good fit. However, it's ridiculous that SBS managed to misunderstand their international audience so much that they think they can change half the members and the format of the show but keep the name, and the audience would continue to love the show. The lack of respect SBS has for its international fans in this decision is shocking. 

There are so many theories going around as to why KJK and SJH were the ones fired. There's the gag show theory, which I suppose is the least scandalous explanation. There's also the dirty CP theory, that the CP had some sort of vendetta against KJK, and because they were dating, SJH got fired as well. The answer may be a mixture of things. The CP saw the new direction of the show as a chance to specifically target KJK and SJH. After all, there must have been some somewhat valid reason for wanting to fire KJK and SJH for other people to go along with it. Even if the CP was the driving factor behind the firing, there must have still been other people involved in the process. So what reason did the CP give? I doubt we'll ever know the true reason why KJK and SJH were chosen. 

@bogummish lol you can see the guests in the background glancing at SJH after that. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

it's just a comments, even if they dated that's their private life and no reason for the richard simmons to create this mess

Enough negative comments could easily end an artist's career. There have been so many cases where a witch hunt was launched, and the celeb couldn't help but go into reflection.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

There are so many theories going around as to why KJK and SJH were the ones fired. There's the gag show theory, which I suppose is the least scandalous explanation. There's also the dirty CP theory, that the CP had some sort of vendetta against KJK, and because they were dating, SJH got fired as well. The answer may be a mixture of things. The CP saw the new direction of the show as a chance to specifically target KJK and SJH. After all, there must have been some somewhat valid reason for wanting to fire KJK and SJH for other people to go along with it. Even if the CP was the driving factor behind the firing, there must have still been other people involved in the process. So what reason did the CP give? I doubt we'll ever know the true reason why KJK and SJH were chosen.

"

[–]binzeeno [score hidden] 2 hours ago 

People don't realize the politics behind running man. KJK and SJH asked for a raise, so that created a lot of tension within the staff and producers.

"

I saw this theory on reddit, but I don't believe it at all, where did that person get it?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

I would not call kjk funny at all, if they wanted to start a gagshow they could do it in another program, trying to turn RM into a gagshow with comedians would not go unnoticed by the RM fans, and them called it RM 2, just shows how stupid they were to think people wouldn't notice this!

KJK can be funny. Fans who have only watch RM think he isn't funny, is because his character in RM is the straight man to YJS' character. He is the one who has to be there to ground the show. In FO, he managed to portray a character that was the complete opposite of his 'mr capable' character. Watch his other shows, he is often one of the funnier members. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, pinsc said:

"

People don't realize the politics behind running man. KJK and SJH asked for a raise, so that created a lot of tension within the staff and producers.

"

I saw this theory on reddit, but I don't believe it at all, where did that person get it?

I think this person always gives bad comment to kjk.....salary for entertainer in korea is a little bit different let say for tvb or mediacorp artists....

• Like 5

@pinsc I've never heard that one. There are a lot more far-fetched theories I would believe before that KJK and SJH asked for a raise and were therefore fired. Firstly, there's no sources or reasons given as to why that would be true. Secondly, I feel like people who were unsatisfied enough with their jobs to ask for a raise wouldn't be this heartbroken to find out they were fired. Thirdly, why would they want raises? KJK has mentioned how much money he has made over the years; I don't think he would risk losing RM just to earn more money that he doesn't need. SJH also just doesn't seem like the type of person to demand a raise on a show that she loves like RM. Fourthly, who gets fired for asking for a raise? I'm pretty sure celebs have gotten into lawsuits with companies over appearance fees and not been fired. The company just has to say "no" and move on.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, jas said:

I think this person always gives bad comment to kjk.....salary for entertainer in korea is a little bit different let say for tvb or mediacorp artists....

JK's salary is definitely gonna be much higher than Jihyo's. Whilst Jihyo has won a few awards for her role in RM, JK has the clout of his triple daesang win, plus has also won several awards for his role in RM. He has also already pretty much achieved legend status. JK in general is a much more known and successful artist.

Jihyo although has been around for 10 years, doesn't really have a hit drama. Whilst 'my wife is having an affair this week' did pretty well, it came only after RM had been around for 7 years. So whilst her salary isn't the least, she definitely isn't earning more then YJS and KJK.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pinsc said:

Always one or another member is cuted out of the preview, I've seen several episodes where ji hyo didn't appear in the preview, but doesn't appear specifically the two, it would be too much coincidence. And if the PDs didn't want to cause misunderstandings again because of this, they would have seen and changed this preview, I don't think it's just coincidence then.

Or....Maybe it was the trouble maker Gong who insisted not to re edit the preview?.

AND WHY THE HELL WOULD KJK AND SJH ASK FOR RAISE WHEN THEY KNOW THE SHOW IS SUFFERING?! THEY EVEN HAVE OTHER JOBS OUTSIDE RM..

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1
7 minutes ago, pinsc said:

"

"

I feel there has been severe budget cuts on RM for some time now. The penalties have increased instead of prizes unlike earlier. The prizes are given only when guests come on the show and even those are food items. Nowadays, RM rarely does the travelling they used to do before.  Remember how the members had cars fitted with cameras and vjs  had separate cars to go from location to location? Now they all travel by vans or buses with the crew. The reason why there is so much dependence on the studio format could also be coz of that.  While the members' getting old may be a major reason for the lack of name-tag ripping games these days, if you look at it, a name-tag ripping game requires an expansive location which the crew should hire for it to be effective. Perhaps they don't have that much budget these days to rent big shopping malls as they used to. All the recent food missions where the members have to pay for the food as penalty could also be a way to bring down expenses. They also had a budget themed episode recently where the cast had to do missions on a limited budget. Gary's studio was used as location for two episodes. The PD also wanted KS to allow them to use his house to film. Haha. The Hangul Day Race also had them using their cars or their friends' cars to travel.

KJK and SJH asking for a raise and getting fired thus seems really stupid to me. On the contrary, I wonder if there is a chance that the cast may also have had a salary cut as part of the larger budget cut. In the last episode, JH and KS paid for the lunch expenses together.  Perhaps, the cast not complaining  these days when asked to foot the bill so often is coz they understand the budget constraints! 

12 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I feel there has been severe budget cuts on RM for some time now. The penalties have increased instead of prizes unlike earlier. The prizes are given only when guests come on the show and even those are food items. Nowadays, RM rarely does the travelling they used to do before.  Remember how the members had cars fitted with cameras and vjs  had separate cars to go from location to location? Now they all travel by vans or buses with the crew. The reason why there is so much dependence on the studio format could also be coz of that.  While the members' getting old may be a major reason for the lack of name-tag ripping games these days, if you look at it, a name-tag ripping game requires an expansive location which the crew should hire for it to be effective. Perhaps they don't have that much budget these days to rent big shopping malls as they used to. All the recent food missions where the members have to pay for the food as penalty could also be a way to bring down expenses. They also had a budget themed episode recently where the cast had to do missions on a limited budget. Gary's studio was used as location for two episodes. The PD also wanted KS to allow them to use his house to film. Haha. The Hangul Day Race also had them using their cars or their friends' cars to travel.

KJK and SJH asking for a raise and getting fired thus seems really stupid to me. On the contrary, I wonder if there is a chance that the cast may also have had a salary cut as part of the larger budget cut. In the last episode, JH and KS paid for the lunch expenses together.  Perhaps, the cast not complaining  these days when asked to foot the bill so often is coz they understand the budget constraints! 

He said it was one of the reasons

[–]binzeeno [score hidden] 9 minutes ago 

I'm not against them. I'm a huge fan of Running Man. As a Korean, I understand their culture. If the celebrities ask for a raise, it's not like several thousand, it's in the millions. That ultimately affects the staff and some of them get cut out of work because of it. I'm all for fairness and balance.

But it seems that no one really agrees with him, even on reddit 

• Like 3

The situation just comes across as far too complicated for the reason they're fired to be something like "they asked for a raise". Why then would the other RM members feel the need to quit with them? Why would they blame one person so much? Why would they be so heartbroken? I think the truth is much, much more complicated. 

• Like 9

i agree that it should be for something more complicated and it seems that we will never know real reason behind it. of course rm new format was a part of it but it feels like that man had some personal problems with them. more jk. if it was only business as someone who was in this industry for a long time jk wouldn't be this heart broken and tiny wouldn't be this angry.  it's just a theory as a sa fan but if jk and jh had plans to reveal their relationship then it can be a part of reason that they fired both of them. i can't get if they wanted to make something like x man why fire jk when he was a memorable part of that show as well.

but they has plans to reveal something or not they can't do it now till rm ends and people forget this mess.  

• Like 5

Guest ktiminie

So this is it, ironically 2017 will mark the end of 7012 Running Man. I was out of town for 3 days and when I came back home yesterday I couldn't believe the news. I immediately back-read the 30 pages of this thread and wow, it's been harsh :tears:.

Right now I don't even know what to say, I'm still in shock. My heart goes for Ji Hyo and Jong Kook, I cannot imagine what they've been through this week. I'll come back later to share my thoughts with you guys but for now I need to digest all this. I feel really sad.

1000 thanks for all the updates and big SpartAcers virtual group hugs (I need it!) gckg.gif

Guest athoughtcloud1

I am still not sure why JK and JH were singled out to be fired, but from the order in which they were fired, there is a chance that JH's getting fired had something to do with JK being fired.

I have been picking different people's brains to get their take on why this happened. There have been lots of conspiracy theories.

Whatever way I look at it, unless there was some kind of personal conflict, this wouldn't have happened. There is a theory that the SBS higher ups may be divided into two factions and that JK and JH may be supporters of the 2nd faction to which this CP doesn't belong. I also get the feeling that JK and JH would not have spoken up against their firing which is now reaching a point where Tiny is directly naming the person responsible for the mess unless they knew they had people among SBS higher-ups who support them.

There is also another theory that perhaps some in SBS want RM to be more about the format and less about the members. Now it is extremely dependent on the members. If they need to carry forward the franchise, they need to cut down some members to size. I heard that it is the Chinese agency which JK signed up with which was responsible for holding the Chinese fanmeets this time. If you look at the members, JK is the one who has the contacts and the skills to take RM outside his country. So getting JK out of the way could mean SBS has more control over how it sells RM internationally. But I am not really sure about this.

Perhaps someone was looking for a replacement for JK for some time. As I have always tried to say, JK is not just the athletic guy on the team. You can't replace JK with an athletic guy and expect him to replace his position as YJS' rival. YJS would never allow a new guy, however athletic he is, to take the place of his rival. JS' rival needs to be of similar stature as him and Kang Ho Dong fits the bill. Even otherwise, JK wasn't supposed to be one of the two poles of the show in the beginning - it was supposed to be SJ who was a well known entertainer and had the right seniority to make the relationship work. But because this was an athletic format and SJ was anything but athletic and JK was so overpowering, they had to make JK the 2nd pillar (which did cause SJ heartburn for some time LOL). JK getting the position as JS' rival was thus a result of the circumstances. Because JS and JK had that equation where JS knew JK from long and was really fond of him, he was also ready to accept him as a rival on the show. Now bringing in KHD as JS' rival would be the normal way production teams go about these things - someone around JS; age and stature, not to forget their long history as rival MCs. KHD coming in need not result in JK being axed unless somebody wanted to use it as an excuse. The initial reports claimed that KHD was being brought in as a replacement for JK and JH. Yeah, one can say KHD's and JK's variety characters are kind of similar and that  it can create character overlap. Also, it might lead to a situation where there are three centres in the team. If the other members are retained, their loyalty may shift between JS and JK and KHD may find it harder to fit in. Also, if JK is the one who gets the second highest salary, retaining him might cost more when KHD needs to be paid really well to be brought into the show. I would still say these are all excuses. Tiny's posts were all about JK not getting a choice in the matter. My feeling is that while JK knew what a change in the format implied especially with the addition of someone with a stature like KHD (perhaps a move that would diminish his role in the show), he wanted to be given a choice like the rest of the members (except JH) as to whether he wanted to stay or quit. But he wasn't given that choice.

As far as JH is concerned, I am not sure what happened. Down the years, they have reduced JH's role to just that of the Monday GF. Now with Gary gone, they don't need her for the loveline. This is a really sad thing to say, but the producers of a variety show usually see the female cast member as there for the loveline. It was just that in JH, they  found a girl who was more interested in chasing down the strongest player in the team than play the female loveline partner. They would be looking for a younger man and woman to carry on the loveline in the new season. We may feel they could have used JK and JH for a loveline in the 2nd season if spartace are real, but I don't think RM production team sees it the same way. It would go against their 7 year history of the MC loveline and they would want RM 2 to be a continuation. There might be fears about fan backlash as well using the same cast member for two lovelines. Again, if spartace are real, they wouldn't really want their relationship to be used for the show.  But they could have still retained JH as the ACE even if she was not going to contribute to the loveline, so I suspect they thought she wouldn't stay for long if JK left?

Finally these are all just speculations. Perhaps we would never know what really happened or perhaps we would get to know if more truths are gonna come out because of the whole #firegongheechul campaign.

2 hours ago, bogummish said:

LKS to KJK: Name three celebrities you've dated.

LOOOL. KJK didnt answer, he slapped LKS. (Does that mean he dated more than three, cause I only know three he's dated).

Next question, KJK to LKS: Name three celebs you've dated. And LKS gave their names ahahhahaha (it was sensored tho)

and i'm curious to know who ks named that made jk laugh like that. btw who are those 3 celebrity that you mentioned jk was dating?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, innis2 said:

wow, havent online 2 days , and its still going strong...

hmm i think its too much if tiny mention the name, people will witch hunt him/her

at this point i hope other show not scared to hire KJK

that's one of the reasons i think jk problem with that cp and sbs is more serious that what fans think. tiny wouldn't do it if jk didn't allow him and inform him what happened and jk is not stupid and he knows it's not good for his career . at first that i saw tiny mentioned a name i thought it's too much like you but when tiny deleted it and repost it again i think he had his own reason and jk knew what he wanted to do. 

• Like 6