[Drama 2013] Medical Top Team 메디컬탑팀

Guest maea18

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flamingshawol

[Eng Translation] 131204 Medical Top Team Ep 17 Preview Cr: @tWeeTy_jAc

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQzNTEzMDI0.html cr: 韩晓居's Chinese subs

Staff: Are you saying Chief Han's mother?
Staff: She is in A&E now!
Han's Mum: Sorry, Son..
Chief Han: Have to go for surgery? Which professor in the Surgical Dept is able to perform the surgery now?
Dr Bae: Contact Dr Park Tae Shin
Chief Han: Are you able to perform the surgery?
Dr Jung: Is this Chief Han's mum's?
Dr?: I am unable to stop him..
Dr Park: Hurry!
Dr Sung Woo: Yes!
Chief Han: Bring all the blood from the storage!
Han's Mum: Chief Han, are you surprised?
Chief Han: I will stay by your side, you don't have to worry because the surgery will be done by the best doctor. The surgery will go very smoothly.
Han's Mum: Suddenly ..

Guest Momoko Hiroshi

My heart goes to Chief Han now, watched the clip at Youtube's MBC Drama ... @Nikky81, Nikkkkyyyyyyyyyy ottookeeee... Chief Han's Mom passed away.....  :(( He hasnt called her Omma yet ?....  

Guest Momoko Hiroshi

Shaym, otoke... Chief Han's mom passed away.... nooo.. this is so sad ...
-----well, here's my reply, again, sorry for a very late reply Shaym...
....... aware of what's missing in the team he created. He will then step up to fix all the things that were ruined because of the past incidents/struggles that the Medical Top Team had. By saying these, he will be able to remember the main reason why he had made the genius team which is known as the Medical Top Team. Of course, the other members of the team will be aware of his situation as well (they'll know the main reason probably on why he's so cold). A team is made of a leader and a member or members. It will not function as a team if both parties do not understand each other. That's why, I have save said that this situation would make things back to normal. 

Imho, again really imho, there is 2 causes as the root of MTT’s break up:

1.   1. SJY was forced to perform, as a start, a surgery that has an ulterior motive for the advantage of VP (the case of the respectable public figure of Myeong Do, where RMC will be built) . She proceed on her own, without informing and discussing it first with Chief Han. Later, she is still forced to perform a list of surgeries (apart from more cases with ulterior motives also those which are profitable for VP) that VP  scheduled, due to fear that VP will dismantle MTT  and her possible transfer to the research center.

2.    2.  MTT who was initially supported with a … well somewhat … irrational-unprofitable financial policy, where seemingly most of the hospital fee is borne by the hospital itself , is now, with the interference of the Manager, forced to take on profitable cases which may not require interdisciplinary expertise ( the initial purpose of MTT).   

Everything else are aftermaths…. it turns out that the amount of surgeries are quite a lot such that it, among other, exhaust the MTT members and that they feel they are not providing their “best” (however they define it)  anymore and somewhat become inhumane for priotizing only profitable cases, etc.. etc. 

PTS was signed to night shift because he refused to take on profitable cases, JJH  resigned for the same cause, and that he feels awful for not having time for his usual heartwarming and calming bedside manner, Dr Grizzly also resigned as well for also the same cause, having to cancel his already-spend-enourmous-time-and-effort-to prepare-previous-case for a newly scheduled profitable cases.  

For me, again imho, nothing is changed/lacking/missing in their professional working relationship, their teamwork are impressingly solid when they are functioning as doctors : fast responsive, identifying, discussing, debating, diagnosing, and performing difficult surgeries (despite all the medical fallacies?).  Chief Han is a charismatic and reasonable leader as a doctor that leads a team of doctors.  He leads, and listens to his team discussion and interferes, suggest, and conclude it reasonably.

I remember PTS said to SJY :

” You should pay more attention to Chief Han. The way I see it, Chief Han is going in the direction which is opposite from his heart. The person who can hold him back I  think you are the only one.” 

But “hold him back” here does not mean to remind Chief Han and to manage MTT with his initial principles/beliefs like what he discussed with PTS in eps 1 right ?

For me I’d like to interpret “hold him back” as in “if Chief Han do not wish to be up in the board of the project to lead the hospital (like what the Manager told VP in eps 13), then don’t go down the management path, concentrate on being a doctor with reasonable administrative duties”,

Also don’t “try winning against VP, to be acknowledged by Chairman Lee Do Gyung” (like what Chairman challenged him in Eps 3 or 4 .. I forgot), although Chief Han probably would have wanted this for his mother to be acknowledged as well.

11291983445_7eef2987db_b.jpg

But then this means, “no more original MTT”, unless they could amend the original concept altogether with the funding strategy, to make it somewhat profitable. Cause MTT was formed with the support of VP, and  VP had planned it all along to use MTT for RMC. She wanted to build a portfolio of successful operations by MTT to attract the 1% rich society.  

11292024256_63deb29d61_k.jpg

Eh, but actually I am quite confused with this supposedly “unprofitable surgeries”. So… in order for her to build her portfolio for RMC, VP actually agrees to  pledge a certain amount of fund to support this interdisciplinary surgeries, fund from where? Otoke with a super duper complicated full blown scale operation which even excluding the surgical teams fee, the maintainance of OR, etc, the chemicals and disposable items alone could amount a fortune. Unless there is a billionaire or a pharmacy giant who pledges multi billion dollar to throw away for MTT’s research surgeries, where we know there is no such thing. 

Does my deduction makes sense here Shaym ? I tend to loose focus and get carried away cause am bit borderline AADHD here :D  (edited : Shaym I changed causation to deduction kekeke :D   )

saankyu in advance Shaym, just in case you share your thoughts again and I cant reply promptly again…

MTT Fighting *with a fist*

Guest Momoko Hiroshi

@mabelle... Chief Han's mom passed away....  but wow.. Joo Ji Hoon is really an A class actor isnt he.. so intense... ----
again, sorry for my late reply here mabelle...
mabelle147 said:@momoko I agree with ur conspiracy theory.. : ) It seems the director was sent to hospital to 'guide' Dr Han. Do u remember that the chairman was asking how will Han positioning himself toward VP and will he want to take control. well something like that. Han has some idealistic attitude but still need to improve in hospital managerial with its business approach. eventhough we might not like it, but hospital has both business n humanity sides. 
Yes, I remember that perfectly mabelle, and that scene was actually the one scene that made me concluded that Manager has no ill intention coming to the hospital and that Chairman wants Chief Han to take over (from VP?) (refering to the scene where he said "Try winning from VP"). Remembering back to his first scene in his car, Manager is just really profesional, he is even talking about procurement, confereneces, and talking to his wife... :)
11218635525_b6d475de2a_o.jpg

(Episode 11, last 15 minutes)

that one word "immature" really surprised me... but Managers body language is whats more important, he is talking with a fatherly concern, wise, and supporting and assuring tone to Chief Han... 
But what I cant remember it , whether theres a scene that Chief Han actually agrees to Chairman's challenge.... 
Chief Han hang in there ! your SJY will be right next to you OK... 
MTT Fighting *with a fist*

During the credits, they showed us two sets of pictures (one Han Sung Jae and Seo Ju Young together and one Park Tae Shin and Choi Ah Jin). Did the show just answer our question about who will end up with who? Particularly with Seo Ju Young? This episode provided us lots of these pairs' scenes, too. And then, if I get it right, did PTS just ask CAJ to come with him in the U.S? (I just watched it raw, so I assumed that this could be the scenario when I heard the word 'mi-guk'). Also, I love how Seo Ju Young fixes herself when she received a call by Han Sung Jae. Did she slightly beautify herself by removing her eyeglasses, and stroking some parts of her hair? I love all the literal touching scenes especially that almost-kissing scene. I love how SJY made her way to act without hesitating (about lying her head on HSJ's back (but I know HSJ is aware of it, hahaha)). Too sad the preview for tonight's episode was not shown. I'll be waiting until later, then. I'm really glad that HSJ has a high probability that he'll be ending up with SJY, but a part of me feels really sad that I won't be able to see PTS and SJY ending up together. If they won't end up together in MTT, that will be the second time for me witnessing them not being able to end up together (the first one was in their movie 'Pained'.)
By the way, Han Sung Jae's acting got my eyes really watery. Joo Ji Hoon's portrayal of a son being left behind by his mother due to a disease was really convincing in the earlier episode. Hope the man finds someone (who he already has) who could remove those tears and pain he's suffering deep within. I hope later there'll be confirmation by words and not just by actions as to who will end up with who among these four characters for I don't want to be surprised if there'll be a twist of ending in the end - I haven't prepared my heart for that yet. Kkk~ 
If the love pairings will be changed, can we have Nurse Yoo to be paired with Dr. Kim Seung Woo? That young doctor deserves a love line as well. Just let the two close men doctors (the nephew of the Chief Surgeon and the one who has a crush on Nurse Yoo) end up together, and let Nurse Yoo be with Seung Woo. Haha. 

@femalia: I think he might try learning to love her in the future episodes, or probably he has already learned how to see her as a woman. :)
@saranghaechoiseunghyun: Long time, no chat. Haha. We still have the same heroine on our display picture. Kkk~ Anyway, please post more gifs of the triangle (HSJ-SJY-PTS) if you have time. Oh, I remember in one thread, we used to discuss a love triangle among Lee Ho, Hong Da In, and Choi Wan, but it ended up not seen. I feel like there's no triangle seen in Medical Top Team as well. There's not much interaction of scenes with only the three of them. 
@estrellita122: Love your points as to why PTS could actually have this unaware feeling for CAJ, however, I sometimes feel so confuse on how he stares at SJY and HSJ (like in the earlier episode (17th), he had this gaze which I couldn't whether it's out of pity or out of jealousy. Maybe it's just me though, and my delusional mind, which is hoping for possible interaction among the three of the five main leads.
@jma030201: Hello there! It's  my first time to talk with you and I hope to talk with you more in the future, it would be really nice to see PTS and SJY to have scenes together. I mean, they were named as the OTP in the first place, but not much romantic involvement was shown. I feel like too many episodes were wasted by not focusing on/showing interactions between PTS and SJY. I am a PTS and SJY shipper too, but when the show brought us Han Seung Jae and Seo Ju Young's scenes, I find their chemistry as oozing as PTS and SJY to the extend that I wanted to see them more. If they get back to the main OTP, with PTS and SJY, that would be pretty nice, too. Oh, my heart is torn. Why can't they just show us PTS, SJY, and HSJ's scenes more? Aigoo. 
@nikky81: Too bad no kissing scenes were seen. Hopefully, later. Hahaha. My heart went on an unusual beating, too. First, because of HSJ's acting earlier, next is when there were moments of HSJ and SJY. Even my heart raced when I saw a glimpse of a gaze from PTS on HSJ and SJY. Do you have a picture of that? When they were paying tribute to HSJ's mom?
@azuwaza163: After sticking to Heirs, come and watch Medical Top Team, too. Kkk~ 
@cedricgordon: Maybe it's Han's defense mechanism on how he could be really intimately close to Seo Ju Young. Because when he's not drunk, he has to act manly, coldly, and cooly in front of all the people whom he have to supervise and interact. That's why by being drunk, although he's not actually saying it by words, he's doing it with the awareness on his mind. But I really hope that admission of feelings will be up soon. I think no one has yet admit their feelings to who within the members of Medical Top Team. Aigoo. Haha.
@momoko hiroshi: Yes, it was indeed very sad. I feel sad for Han Seung Jae. His mother is the closest to his heart, but he was left by her all of a sudden. It's just so sad that he wasn't able to call her 'omma' before she died. I like how you shared what the roots of the MTT's break up before, and with those you have mentioned, I think the writers are now slowly unfolding each stories that we need to know. In my opinion, you were right that they were indeed professional despite of being away/separated from the team, however, what I was saying was their 'team' as a whole, as one (with the same shifts). Remembering the quote that you have quoted from PTS - it also gives me the idea that he knows HSJ has a thing on SJY, and that's why he has this kind of gaze on them, I guess. I think the main reason as to why he said that to SJY is that he knows that she knows Han Sung Jae better than anyone else. Oh, and about the 'unprofitable surgeries', I think that we will get to see the answers on that sooner than soon. I am so excited as to how the last three episodes will give us the conclusion for everything. Let's just hope and pray that they won't miss out a certain question that all of us Medical Top Team viewers and forumers are  curious of. :) Causation? You mean the act of causing something to happen? Of course, it does make sense. Your points are good, and I think others would also find your points insightful. You are always welcome. And thank you, too, for giving us thoughts and questions. ^_^ 
Sorry guys for posting a lot in one thread. I think posting in one page would be better than quoting and quoting. You might get tired of seeing my name in case, right? Kkk~ Thank you! Hope to see lots of you again later. :)

shaym said:
@saranghaechoiseunghyun: Long time, no chat. Haha. We still have the same heroine on our display picture. Kkk~ Anyway, please post more gifs of the triangle (HSJ-SJY-PTS) if you have time. Oh, I remember in one thread, we used to discuss a love triangle among Lee Ho, Hong Da In, and Choi Wan, but it ended up not seen. I feel like there's no triangle seen in Medical Top Team as well. There's not much interaction of scenes with only the three of them. 

Archived