[Drama 2013] Her Legend / Her Myth 그녀의 신화

StaRix

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now watched all of ep 10 with subs on DF, and I'd say pretty much the same things as for the ep 9 subs. A welcome improvement on the subbing in some of the earlier episodes.

But the subbers are having still having trouble catching the distinctive tone and pattern of dialogue between JH and JS, which is so important to the overall feel of this drama.  Especially in the sequence early on, where the start was mischievously hacked about by the teaser editors to make it sound as though JH was asking JS to accept his heart along with the cellphone, when in the actual episode he of course said no such thing (though he was most likely thinking it).

It begins with the lines where JS, having answered the door to JH shortly before midnight, supposedly asks him "Can't you make me feel comfortable?" and he replies "Then what about me?", a translated exchange that I'd find pretty puzzling without hearing the Korean behind it. The translation improves after that, but here's my alternative version anyway.

JS: Aren't you bothered how I feel?

JH: So what about my feelings, then? Think about it. We agreed you'd treat this like a present from Santa Claus. And now you don't want it, so you just dump it back on me. Can't you see how hurtful and disappointing that is?

JS: But you aren't really Santa Claus, are you?

JH: True, but I'm still a human being with human feelings. And anyway, it's second-hand goods now.

JS: Alright, I'll pay you what it's worth.

JH: You don't even have a part-time job now, so where's the money coming from?

JS: That's my problem. It won't be a lump sum, of course. But I'll repay you bit by bit.

JH: Well, it doesn't have to be in money. You could give me something else.

JS: Such as what?

JH: You're an expert in bag making, aren't you? Not just designing them, but making the patterns, cutting out the material, sewing it together...

JS: Sure, I can do that stuff. It's all I've ever done since I was nine.

JH: Then instead of giving me cash, teach me all that. For an hour or two, every day. Or make that just one hour a day then, if you're so busy.

JS: But what's in that for you?

JH: I'm boss of a bag company. I ought to know how to make the things, surely?

JS: Then why not ask Ms Oh or Mr Kim from the workshop? They're the experts.

JH: Because I'd feel silly asking them, of course. And anyway, it wouldn't work out with them. You wouldn't be scared to tell me off or laugh at me. So I'd really learn things. ... Ah well, I might have known... You don't think I'm serious, do you?

JS: I'll give it some thought.

JH: What? About whether I'm serious?

JS: No. About whether to teach you bag-making or not.

JH: You know your problem? It's always "Yes, sir", "No sir", but then you turn round and do just whatever you want.

JS: Sorry about that.

JH: You've no idea when I'm joking, have you?

JS: That day nine years back... after you'd accused me at the flea-market of copying a La Mina design, I waited two whole hours for you outside the Shinwha HQ.

JH: You're so pig-headed. Why be such an idiot? You should have given up after five minutes.

JS: I didn't like being wrongly accused... So, I guess you must have showed up there, too, a bit later?

JH: Sure. That's how I came by that photo. I went back next day to the flea market, but you weren't there. A girl told me you had an exam or something.

JS: You came looking for me? Why?

JH: Because I realized you weren't guilty of copying, of course. So I thought I owed you an apology.

JS: I guess I accept your apology, then.

JH: In that case, don't give up this time round, either. There's got to be some way of clearing your name.

Good things coming along Jung soo's way.. (Photo edited by ME :) )
1. New Found LOVE
PicMonkeyCollage2.jpg
2. POSSIBLE NEW COMPANION/ THE REAL HERmeet2.jpg
fromfather.jpg

Exciting episodes next.. Can't wait!!
karma.jpg

TWO WEEK is really good keke..

Anyways I have not watch the 2 recent episode yet but I will soon :D

My friend didn't recognize Kim Jung Hoon as the actor who play Yul in Goong so she was really surprised when I told her that. She's giving this drama a chance.
:))

can't wait till tuesday! (for the subs...) I wonder what kind of excuse KH gives MK. She could say she helped Mrs. Woo at her lowest point and so she had to "pretend" to be JS so Mrs. Woo can recover. And if MK spills the beans Mrs. Woo could go insane. But it seems whatever the reason KH gave MK spilled it to JS?

A lot of things await us.. I'm also excited to know the things that will possibly happened next week. Aside for excuses and mistakes from Minki and Kyunghee, Mrs. Woo and the aunt, and Jungsoo and Jinhoo I also look forward to the scenes when Jung Soo will get close to her father and might be the reason for her to get back to the company.

I'm still bothered about how this stuff about JS saying to her Uncle she's heard from Do Yeong in the US fits in. I can't see how that makes sense, unless it's a tale JS has invented to explain to her family why she is in such deep depression. After all, if she did get some sort of message from the US purporting to be from DY, why would she believe it to be genuine, since she's seen DH in Seoul with her own eyes, and MK has established that DH is living there, in a house with her name etched in very expensive marble on the doorpost, showing that she's not just back in some rented apartment for a passing visit.

One thing strikes me as a possible solution to that riddle. Whatever  KH tells MK and no matter how much of the (half-) truths he's heard from KH MK actually passes on to JS, it may be that JS makes a private self-sacrificial decision not to reveal herself to DY, presumably for what KH will misrepresent, as @shaselai has suggested, as DY's own best interests.  It could be that that's robbing JS of the will to live (as well as causing JH to lose out on his bag-making lessons), and she's just making up some story about DY having sent word that she doesn't want to know anything about her to explain to her Uncle why she is so devastated.

But the tail end of the teaser suggests that JS subsequently finds out something else that sends her to the house (probably in the final few minutes of next Tuesday's episode) despite her earlier decision, presumably something that proves to her that whatever MK conveyed to her based on what KH told him was less than the truth.  The clip of KH back-hugging her mother and saying she's scared JS might turn up at the house the very next day could refer to her state of mind when she still thinks that JS has swallowed whatever tale she fed her but fears that she won't stay fooled for long. Then she gets the text message from her mother telling her that JS has found out "everything" (her mother's text combines the "find out" component with another verb which in this context indicates that JS "finding out" is a huge disaster and KH and her mother are done for).  Of course, as ever, the editing of the teaser may be leading us way up the garden path or off the cliff-top.

I will be in the wilder parts of Scotland (= no coffee shops with WfFi, and very flakey 3G coverage - don't even think of 4G up there) next week, so probably won't be able to get either a stream or a download till I'm back the following weekend.

@baduy, have a fun trip in Scotland. We are so THANKFUL for you to translate, and show us hidden meanings that we couldn't getfrom the subs. There will probably be lots to discuss next week, since it looks like KH's fake world is slowly crumbling.
I forgot to mention, how I think it's so cute when JS asked JH why does he have to learn bag making from her. His reply is that he wouldn't be embarrassed in front of her b/c she scolds at him and everything, is so adorable. :x (Like really, JH, you could learn bag making from anyone in the company, but you had to learn from JS...) it's his way of spending more time with her, and hopefully we will get theseOTP scenes after JS finds out the truth next week,

Her Legend Episode 9 Recap/Summary September 4, 2013

The 9th episode starts with Jung-Soo and Manager Kang going to her house and he asks if he can borrow her design book and she agrees. They find Jin-Hoo and Kyung-Hee at Jung-Soo’s house and Jin-Hoo explains they came for the view. Manager Kang says he gave Jung-Soo a ride home and Kyung-Hee shows her jealousy and gets a ride back from Manager Kang. Jin-Hoo asks what Jung-Soo was doing with Kang and she tells him he was just helping her out and bringing her home and he shows his jealousy and drives away. In the morning Kyung-Hee goes to Jung-Soo’s house and questions her relationship with the men and she tells her that their is no relationship between either of them. Kyung-Hee tells her that she dated Manager Kang and doesn’t want her to date him and that currently she is testing the waters with Jin-Hoo and doesn’t want her near him either.
picture-1.png?w=620&h=307picture-2.png?w=614&h=303

Kyung-Ho comes home and is in bad shape and his mom finds him he tries to apologize because he lost all the money.
picture-3.png?w=616&h=304

Jin-Hoo gets scolded for messing up the date that he set up for him and he tries to apologize and ask to not have him set up anymore.  Kyung-Hee comes in and she apologizes for her actions in the situation and the President thinks they are dating. Jin-Ho tries to explain that they have no relationship and Kyung-Hee doesn’t say anything.
picture-4.png?w=612&h=308

As they walk away together Kyung-Hee suggests giving it a try and that she tells him that she may have asked him out first but that he will propose to her and that she wants to have a wager. Ah-Ra goes to see Manager Kang and he confronts her about stealing Jung-Soo’s design and see starts crying and admits her guilt.
picture-5.png?w=611&h=352

Kang, Jin-Hoo, Kyung-Hee and Manager Goo have a meeting. Jin-Hoo and Manager Kang want to just hire Jung-Soo and it is decided to have an internal investigation. Manager Kang tells Jung-Soo what will happen and that if they find that she has stolen the design there will be a public announcement of her resignation. Jung-Soo runs into Jin-Hoo and they go out for coffee so she can ask him to help Ah-Ra so she won’t be fired and ruin her career. He agrees he will help if he can. 
picture-6.png?w=617&h=321

Kyung-Hee makes a call and talks to someone in English about having a once in a lifetime favor. The Aunt goes to visit Do-Young and finds out they have no maid and offers to become theirs and Do-Young can’t turn her down. At the investigation Ah-Ra is asked if she stole Jung-Soo’s design and she says she did not, that she stole it from the Italy fashion group Red Milano. Kyung-Hee hands out a fax from the Red Milano with the same design. So they come to the conclusion that Jung-Soo and Ah-Ra both have stolen from Red Milano.
picture-7.png?w=612&h=354

Jung-Soo freaks out a bit saying that she never stole the design. Jung-Soo goes to talk to Kyung-Hee and she has figured out that Kyung-Hee will have set her up and then tells her that she knows she is afraid of her but doesn’t know why. Kyung-Hee ignores that and tells her to get out. Jin-Hoo tries to talk to the President and help him not to fire Jung-Soo but he disagrees because they need to do what is best for the company. Director Choi and Manager Kang talk and he tells him that the President wants to have Jin-Hoo liable for Luna and that it will be a holding company. Director Choi gives him the advice that since he will have to choose the company or a friend one day he should prepare something that he can use to his advantage and be able to have some leverage or he won’t survive.  Jung-Soo clears out her desk and resets the phone to give back to Jin-Hoo. Jung-Soo leaves and the staff think something weird is going on because how would they get the design that hasn’t come out yet. Director Choi and Manager Kang are walking together when Jung-Soo is leaving and he recognizes her from earlier and he excuses Kang. Kang runs after her looking for her but misses her.
picture-8.png?w=606&h=336

Jin-Hoo also looks for her but misses her. Jung-Soo goes to the cafe and gets her free drink card she got earlier with Jin-Hoo. She notices all of the cards are filled out for Jung-Soo and she takes them.
picture-10.png?w=620&h=354

Jin-Hoo tries going there but she had left 10 minutes earlier. Jin-Hoo goes back and sees the phone given back and sees that Manager Kang is trying to phone her and leaves her a message saying he will wait for her where her stand normally is at 7. Jung-Soo goes to visit her friend and explains what happened to her and the decide to go drinking. Jin-Hoo waits at Jung-Soo’s house and Manager Kang waits on the street. Uncle and Kyung-Ho ask who he is and he tells them he is waiting for Jung-Soo and gets invited inside.  When Jin-Hoo is leaving Jung-Soo and her friend who’s name is Soo-Kyung come stumbling up.
picture-11.png?w=619&h=351

Soo-Kyung goes with the family and Jung-Soo talks to Jin-Hoo alone. The family tries to figure out what is going on but Soo-Kyung doesn’t explain anything. Jin-Hoo  asks if she has a picture for proof that she didn’t copy the design and then pulls out the old picture of her that she had taped to the window.
picture-12.png?w=608&h=345

Manager Kang tries phoning Jung-Soo again and just as Jin-Hoo is going to give her back the phone he feels it vibrating and decides not to. He looks at the message later and it says he is still waiting and that if she can’t come she should call. Jin-Hoo drives down there and finds Manger Kang and asks him if he as feelings for Jung-Soo and doesn’t let him answer.  Jin-Hoo tells Manager Kang that if he has feeling for Jung-Soo, he needs to stop because he has just realized he has feelings for her and this ends episode 9.
picture-13.png?w=611&h=357picture-14.png?w=614&h=351

Wow quite an exciting ending to this episode! I didn’t think that Jin-Hoo was going to understand his feelings already! I mean it was quite obvious he did because he was always getting jealous whenever Manager Kang had anything to do with her. I love that Jin-Hoo has zero interest in Kyung-Hee and of course Kyung-Hee is going to be so upset in the end and that Jung-Soo is going to take everything away from her even the guy that she likes. To be honest I feel the same about Jin-Hoo and Manager Kang, I would be happy for either of them to end up with Jung-Soo although I do find it funny when Jin-Hoo gets upset and has little tantrums. Of course Jung-Soo is oblivious to the way he acts towards her!! I think it was dumb that Jung-Soo got fired because first of all Jung-Soo didn’t submit any design so therefore, she never plagiarized, and secondly if Jung-Soo had plagiarized to start off with why would she even want it to be investigated that would be more dangerous! such as her losing her job. Anyway it looks like she has 2 knights fighting for her so of course it is going to work out for her in the end. I love that Jung-Soo recognized that Kyung-Hee was afraid of her! I am sure that put Kyung-Hee in her place a bit. This was an awesome cliff hangar!

sighilovekdramas.wordpress.com/tag/her-legend-review/

Her Legend Episode 10 Recap/Summary September 5, 2013

The tenth episode starts with Jin-Hoo telling Manager Kang that he has feelings for Jung-Soo. Manager Kang tells him that he doesn’t have any feelings for her and that what he needed to tell her, he can do it later and that it is not what he thinks. Jin-Hoo tells him that he has Jung-Soo’s phone and that he read the messages and deleted them. He apologizes and Manager Kang does not say much. Jung-Soo and the family discuss that she was fired and they talk about getting new jobs. 
picture-15.png?w=613&h=348

Jin-Hoo goes back to Jung-Soo’s house and returns the phone and he tells he is hurt that she returned it and she says she will pay him back. He asks her instead to teach him how to make handbags and wants to learn from her because he is embarrassed and she tells him she will think about it. He tells her that he did try to find her after she left the picture to apologize but she wasn’t there. She accepts his apology and says that there must be some way to clear her name.
picture-21.png?w=604&h=341

Jin-Hoo phones Matthew and talks in english and asks him a favor and if he knows anyone from Red Milano. Jung-Soo goes to Shin Hwa and talks to Director Choi and tells him that the fax from Red Milano is a fake and if they trace it back they can confirm it wasn’t their design. He tells her that the design will be ruled out so it is fruitless to try to figure out if it has been copied. She says she came to give him an old article and leaves it with him.
picture-31.png?w=601&h=339

Kyung-Ho is outside protesting that Jung-Soo was falsely accused and the security guards grab him and Jung-Soo finds him at that time and as Kyung-Hee is walking by Kyung-Ho recognizes and runs to the elevator. Kyung-Ho gets taken by the police for disturbing the police. 
picture-41.png?w=605&h=333

Kyung-Ho gets let off with a warning. As Jung-Soo is selling bags on the street she sends Manager Kang a text apologizing for letting him down and he answers telling her she did a good job. Kyung-Hee asks how Manager Kang is doing because he noticed that he was looking down and he blew her off. Manager Kang goes to get Jin-Hoo to sign off on doing a survey for rich young men and Kang acts professional and Jin-Hoo tells him to relax but he doesn’t.
picture-51.png?w=611&h=339

Jin-Hoo goes to Jung-Soo’s house and they set a time for when he can come learn how to make purses.
picture-61.png?w=602&h=411

Uncle goes to Shin Hwa group to try to talk Kyung-Hee into helping Jung-Soo. Uncle of course offends Kyung-Hee because she feels he would never go out of his way to help her and feels he would only help Jung-Soo.
picture-71.png?w=602&h=364

She tells him she doesn’t want her in the company and as he is leaving he runs into Director Choi and they look surprised to see each other. They go to his office and it comes out that Director Choi stole his father’s secret book on processing leathers and then soon after the same company he worked for made bags using the same process. Director Choi had been dating Hye-Jung, Jung-Soo’s mother at that time and had used her by stealing the book. The Uncle tells him that he should have pursued Hye-Jung even though his father was not going to allow them to be together.
picture-91.png?w=616&h=351

Director Choi also finds out that Hye-Jung died and then cancels all his appointments for the day and seems upset by this information. Jung-Soo gets hired by a department store and while she is working she hears Do-Young’s name called out and Do-Young going down in an elevator, Jung-Soo tries to find her but is unable to.
picture-81.png?w=622&h=370picture-101.png?w=627&h=343

Jung-Soo sits outside and cries. Jung-Soo then hurries down the old house where Do-Young lived and finds that someone new has moved into the house. Director Choi has also gone to the same place where Hye-Jung’s ashes were spread and talks about wanting to at least meet up with her once. The aunt is cleaning Kyung-Hee’s house when Kyung-Hee comes home at first she doesn’t want Aunt working there but then decides it will be a good idea because Aunt will try to find out how much Do-Young remembers and help Kyung-Hee. Kyung-Hee then convinces her adoptive dad who is against hiring her. 
picture-111.png?w=613&h=349

Manager Kang is driving and Jung-Soo phones him but doesn’t speak so he drives to where she is and finds her by Do-Young’s house.
picture-121.png?w=608&h=350

He takes her to get food and she tells him what happened about finding Do-Young and no one living at the house. He tells her that she believes she never stole the design and is trying to figure out a way to clear her name but it is frustrating. Jin-Hoo gets a call from Matthew and tells him that Red Milano has very tight security and the designs are really hard to get. Do-Young at home tells her husband that a girl at the department store is very familiar and she can’t get her out of her head. Manager Kang takes Jung-Soo home and he tells her that he has a friend who is a private investigator and he can find Do-Young for her. Manager Kang meets with his friend the PI and he is has some information about the Woo’s.
picture-131.png?w=601&h=335

Jung-So tells her Aunt that she found Do-Young and she tries to brush it off but she is actually worried and wants to tell Kyung-Hee.  Jung-Soo tells Manager Kang that she was a former artist and his friend gives him an address and on the address is says Kim Jong-Wook and Woo Do-Young and then Kyung-Hee pulls up. Manager Kang asks her a bunch of questions and she is shocked and this is how the 10th episode ends.
picture-141.png?w=619&h=352

So what will Manager Kang do? will we help Jung-Soo the new girl he is having feelings for or his old flame Kyung-Hee who he seems to still have feelings for? He seems so upright so I think he will have to help Jung-Soo! It looks like Manager Kang is starting to realize that he also has developed some feelings for Jung-Soo but it looks like he is the type of friend that will step aside and let his other friend have happiness. To be fair Jin-Hoo has basically called dibs on Jung-Soo and I mean Jin-Hoo technically met her first? It seems like Jung-Soo finds Kang dependable because he was the one she called to when she was in trouble so she must have some feelings for him. We find out that Director Choi stole Jung-Soo’s grandfather’s secret way to age leather and that is why their family business failure has been Jung-Soo’s mother fault. Her mother should have told Director Choi that she was pregnant, but I guess she wanted him to succeed in the purse business? I wonder if Manager Kang is going to blackmail Kyung-Hee into letting Jung-Soo be rehired if he doesn’t tell her the truth? This series is getting interesting!!

sighilovekdramas.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/her-legend-episode-10-recapsummary/

StaRiX said:

baesr

said:

Good things coming along Jung soo's way.. (Photo edited by ME :) )

[size=4]

[/size][size=4]1. New Found LOVE[/size]

PicMonkeyCollage2.jpg
2. POSSIBLE NEW COMPANION/ THE REAL HER
meet2.jpgfromfather.jpg

Exciting episodes next.. Can't wait!!
karma.jpg

Archived