[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest serenity95x3

I think I will definitely be re-watching this drama in the near future. That's the only way I can feel better about what happened in the last 15+ episodes. Need to refresh myself on all the good, happy, and funny times between SN, TH, and WY to help cure my withdrawal symptoms.   :((

Group hug everyone and cheers for empress ki give us happiness and learn too in life. Till then to all. Hoping to meet again in this kind of soompi forum. Now we can relax and add empress ki in our collection of kdrama. For sure you will repeat to watch the funny things and happy times of empress ki and love moments of Th & Sn, Wy & Sn and of course Taltal & Sn. God bless everyone

Nevertheless I had fun talking to everyone on here, even though most of us aren't going to be on here anymore, I'd like to say many thanks to those who worked hard to give us previews, pictures, etc. thank you all again!

Why is it that none of the leading actors and actress of EK was nominated for the Baeksang awards? HJW was nominated in the popularity category, JCW and JJM were not nominated for anything and even HJW was also not nominated for anything else. I saw that BJH was nominated as a newcomer. What do you think the reason was?

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Is this what they meant when they said that episode 51 was going t be a SPECIAL EPISODE?

I can't.

I was.not supppsed to be here today but i bumped into some weird posts on facebook and came here t confirm.

Actually, the writers dared to kill off Almighty Taltal. For no reason.

So many good characters who were built so well were totally smashed.

Anyway. I love you guys... And tonight in my dreams, i'll probably be watching episode 51 bis aka the "not so special but oh so logical" finale episode of empress ki.i know that at some point, frustration will make me write my own ending.

About the actual shocking ending :

The same thing happened with the drama that was airing on mbc from july to october, on the same schedule of empress ki. The last but one episode was devastating, and the last one was.. No comment.

My conclusion : that schedule may be cursed... That is why the writers ended up the story this way.

This ep was quite rushed, wasn't it? :/

as for the beach scene, i knew it was a symbolic scene, but not so symbolic to the point for it to be the last scene of the whole drama.

i am still happy because cast members are FABULOUS and all of them have been working so hard for 9months. :o that is a lot.

Thank you guys, once again :)

Ha Ji Won reveals her thoughts on finishing 'Empress Qi'

ha-ji-won_1398782906_af_org.jpg

hell59 said: Why is it that none of the leading actors and actress of EK was nominated for the Baeksang awards? HJW was nominated in the popularity category, JCW and JJM were not nominated for anything and even HJW was also not nominated for anything else. I saw that BJH was nominated as a newcomer. What do you think the reason was? As per Dramawiki and us watching the MBS awards, This are the awards won for Empress ki
    2013 MBC Drama Awards

MBC shared Ha Ji Won's farewell with fans of her drama 'Empress Qi' as it aired its last episode on April 29. 

She said, "I am so grateful for all the viewers and fans who watched 'Empress Qi.'  You guys watched it until the very end, crying with us, being happy with us, and just being with us throughout the drama all the way to the 51st episode.  Our staff and actors were really happy filming as the drama received a whole lot of love, which is why I think it will remain as a good production.  

I was also able to live through a lot of ups and downs in life in 'Empress Qi' until I became the empress, so I am very happy I got to play the role of that empress.  It was also a drama that taught me a lot.  I am really grateful and will greet you again through another good production."

Did you enjoy the drama?

ha-ji-won_1398783534_HaJiWon.jpgCR:Allkpop

OMG.. EK really finish.. & with a very very sad ending.. :(  I still keep crying! ( :(( )

And well.. I want to take this in order of say goodbye to all of you(sorry if not mention any of you).. And just say.. Thanks very much for everything :)
This is the first time I follow a drama when still being broadcast.. I still remember when I got here.. I got here when all we were around ep10 or even more, because at first I didn't know about this thread.. & after that.. really has been a long way to go..
And when I get to this thread, It made me realize many things (good or bad) that I did not notice before.. & the true is that despite all.. It has been a experience really amazing..  and that I never forget it.. :)

Then, I thank to
@CherKell for create this thread! :D

Ohhh.. guys.. I really will miss so much to all ~~!! :(
:((

& now that EK finish.. What will I do?

:-<

In ends
And for
last.. I want to offer my sincere congratulations to all the actors / actresses of EK for the magnificent job they did.. Simply wow~~ =D> ^:)^ =D>

Good.. see you later!! :-h
I love you, guys :*

@pegster : I am waiting very anxious for your translations / recaps of ep51  :)
From already.. Thanks, dear :)>-

Ok  knew this was a seguk, and knew that the stupid poisoning by the stupid evil eunuch was going to kill TH, but the ending was still sad, but beautiful.
I think in the last episode the writers tried to redeem TH, this is the first or one of the first times we have seen TH come up with his own plan and carry it out by himself. Towards the end he finally became a ruler strong enough to protect his wife and kid. I think this maybe the last bit of dignity given to TH so that he doesn't die in a worse condition than that was already set for him. He became a ruler that cleared all political enemies from his court, which can be viewed by some as being a strong, or all powerful emperor, because the opposers were removed. It also paved the way for SN to rule as regent since TH knew his body would fail him. In the end he too would do all he can for her, his effort would not fall short of that of WY's.
One thing  am glad about is that we didn't get an "I was always your woman" scene, but a clear unambiguous confession, "I sincerely love you." It is rare for the "I love you" confession to come out in seguks, it is normally "I will stay by your side." I like how they used the ear cleaning scene, before the confession, I am curious about what she said, but it looked like she was reminiscing about their time together. The contrast is nice because it reminds us there was a time she refused to do such intimate things for him, and even wanted to avoid him, but now she is willingly seeking him out, and doing these things for him. It shows a greater level of openness towards him which may  have helped facilitate her confession. 
Lastly the significance of the last scene, one possible interpretation is that through out the whole drama, SN seemed to be pit between the love of two men, but her ultimate choice would always be TH. Another thing that the scene showed was at that time she unconsciously had feelings for TH. When she made her decision she said she didn't want to make WY uncomfortable, it showed that despite her having high regard for WY, she was still more comfortable with TH. That may have been the point when she tied her fate with TH. 

• Like 1

@CherKell Indeed i know what u feel for real,i knew TH will die and was especting to see it but knowing it and seeing it it's a whole diffrent story,oh boy,and it was even more paintfully because of the beauty of the scene inself...SN telling him her true heart,that she loved him and letting him go at the same time maybe because she saw his suffering(he was in that state for many months based on the events)...i think she also sensed even if she didn't want to confront it that he was about to die in that moment...and while looking at the beach screen SN is even without showing her choosing TH like we know she is not in the middle but on the right side and she was indeed always more comfortable with him...and indeed maybe from there she tied her fate with TH,she had some choices yet she still return by his side by watever reason...she choose him...and she fell for him just the way he was,with his bad and good...as sad as this drama ended it was a very beautiful one...thanks for the big info about the CF,without a doubt i'll come back each time to see if it's posted and comme about it 8->

• Like 1

I agree the last scene was sad and beautiful and I am satisfied with it. It was a simple scene, talking about the current state of things and having her clean his ears, it’s actually an act of closeness. I am happy that Ta Hwan got to hear Seung Nyang say “I love you.” and he dies in the arms of the woman he loves and cherishes most. I’m crying thinking about it. That was Ta Hwan ultimately wanted, to be loved, he just happened to be an Emperor. 
I don’t mind the flashback to the horse riding scene, it’s one of my favorite scenes between them from drama. It symbolizes the start of their lifelong connection and the beginning of their journey. Others may say it foreshadowed her final choice, but I think she made the connection to Ta Hwan unconsciously from that day. It was great following their relationship with all it’s highs and lows and despite all the chaos and nonsense going on around them. It kept me going despite the major plot holes and unnecessary distractions thrown in by the writers. The ending for me was bittersweet.
I am also happy that writers gave the last episode to Ta Hwan and allowed him to be a hero with dignity. He was able to overcome Golta and ED on his own with his own plan to protect Seung Nyang and Ayu. I will miss him so much.
Thank you everyone for your insightful, funny and passionate posts. I won’t name you all because I’m afraid I will forget to mention someone. It has been great sharing this experience with you for the past 6 months. I will miss you too.

• Like 1

Guest kiyokotsubasa

I can't even say empresski's ending is tragic. It was expected and unexpected at the same time. Mixed emotions, really.

But above all... That terrible feeling of emptiness already started. I am sure you.all know what i'm talking about.

Today i am finally able to put words on this feeling.

we often wonder why we get so excited about the dramas, why we get so attached to the characters that they become parts of our lives, why we are still impatient and curious even though the two episodes have already aired...

It is the power of Kdramas.. The magic of Kdramas : it allows us to dream.

From an episode to another, from a week to another, we can not help but hope, imagine and analyze, thinking about what may happen and what may not happen.

However, once the last episode airs, everything is set and wrapped... No matter how the ending is (happy, sad, tragic, disappointing or not, expected or not...), it always feels as if a door was slammed right in front of our faces.

When PBH told SN that TT died, she had that sad/shocked/innocent look on her face. She was like sa-bu-nim... :( so sad.

Everytime the two of them were alone, she was able to "be herself" for a while. Like if time had stopped in episode 24 when he was teaching her.

silly thought :

In fact, the beach scene is not a flashback. It is in the afterlife xD

SN and TH were first together because they both died in the imperial palace (they did not show SN dying, i know x) ).

But WY came because he was waiting for her all this time. Both men ask her to ride with them, but this time she can't seem to choose, she knows her path will be fullof struggles again,nomatter who she chooses.

So she just waits...

... For black knight taltal to appear with his shining black armor and to pick her up on his horse.so she can finally be saved from her haunting dilemma.LOL :)) sorry.

Guest Lyly1430292245

kiyokotsubasa said: I can't even say empresski's ending is tragic. It was expected and unexpected at the same time. Mixed emotions, really. But above all... That terrible feeling of emptiness already started. I am sure you.all know what i'm talking about. Today i am finally able to put words on this feeling. we often wonder why we get so excited about the dramas, why we get so attached to the characters that they becomeparts of our lives, why we are still impatient and curious even though the two episodes have already aired... It is the power of Kdramas.. The magic of Kdramas : it allows us to dream. From an episode to another, from a week to another, we can not help but hope, imagine and analyze, thinking about what may happen and what may not happen. However, once the last episode airs, everything is set and wrapped... No matter how the ending is (happy, sad, tragic, disappointing or not, expected or not...), it always feels as if a door was slammed rightin front of our faces.

Guest Lyly1430292245

To cheer myself up,
I just watched the Northcape Ad again. I'm trying to convince myself that this is another ending for my dear TH and SN, that in the afterlife, they will just meet naturally and start dating as boyfriend and girlfriend, without all the psychos trying to damage their relationship and all the conflícts.
BE THANKFUL, people, that you are living in this modern day! You can love anyone you want and choose the life you want. That's another "message" to it (my message =)): we are lucky to be living in peace and discussing a drama together now like it is the only care in the world. ^^

Guest bluer0se

Uhmm. I'm a sucker for spoilers so I kinda ended up here after watching the first five minutes of the drama. I actually don't know if I should watch it or not, because of TH's death :/ I haven't watched the series but I'm already rooting for SNxTH. I'm really looking forward to their moments together but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get over the ending if I ever watch this drama. Sad endings make me sad :(( It takes a lot of time before I am able to get over it. UGHH!! I understand if you hate me for being like this! but huhuhuhuhu I don't like sad endings :(((