[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest x1102107

well i can live with EK's ending...basically all villain are dead*thats enough for me.....as for SN...i kind of knew the writer would make her as the last woman standing..so i kind of okay with it...and i'm okay about the scene from ep 4 near the beach because we all know who she picks...may be the writer want to stress out that in that exact moment SN's fate begin to change...i'm gonna miss this drama so bad and i'm going to hate monday again*huhuhuhu.......

well i still think they made it see that SN choose her own fate that they without her knowingand SN loved Th without a doubt,she didn't tell him by force to make him feel better aka lie....she didn't tell him till then because if she did he would have left her side,she wanted to keep him longer by her side knowing his own desire..TH lived by pure strenght of will(many people who are about to die wait to see their close ones or hear them before letting go,i was the same in this situation with a family member(he was more dead than alive(when he left the home entered in coma) but waited till i was by his side,when i touched his hand and light the candle he then died,one can't even imagine the force of will one can have in their last moments)SN while TH was DEAD still cried and said she loves him

• Love 1

Reading everyone's comments about the last scene, well the last scene before the last scene, makes me so sad!!!
It was different watching it (with all the lagging), but reading everyone's response makes my heart cringe, and I kind of want to cry.
No, I don't usually cry watching dramas, there are only a few truly sad scenes that make me cry.  Unfortunately EK has not reached that level for me.

Guest larabn

Somehow that last scene although it annoyed me but it eased the ending for me
I agree with all interpretations cuz it's an open ending scene for the viewers to make out what they want of it
Like I said in my previous comment and I also agree in addition to those saying that in that scene she rode with TH too
so, it was like although it symbolizes they both will die, but the scene also shows that her fate was to be with TH in the end
even though she didn't love him back then, she loved him later and chose to be with him
So, her fate was determined from that point to choose him and then be the only one alive standing on the ground between them 3
That's just how I interpreted it

Guest larabn

I was disappointed :-w wanted to hear a wise poem by TT about EK in the end
Where is his voice, that's the least they could do, is give us one last wise line or poem by TT when that last scene showed :-w
Maybe TT is waiting in the ship in the island scene which symbolizes that he is waiting for SN now in that island to live in their beautiful big spacious ship together :P okay that is the ending

Now that I've calmed down from the crying...(and the knock my mum gave me for screaming out in pain when TT's death was announced at 12am on a weekday)

I've come to appreciate what this episode was trying to do.

1. It gave TH a chance to be the hero. TH was never the hero from the start, he was always the one being told what to do, being the figurehead but never the brains or brawls behind it. This time he was the one that came up with the plan, he was the one that spoke to TT before hand and organize the coup. He was at his end and he met it like a man, by choosing to save his family above everything else.

2. His method will cause his death and he knew/believes in Ki's sincerity towards him that he didn't want to tell her, simply because she would have stopped him from using himself as bait and instead will try to deal with it all herself. With his constant mistrust in her previously, to get to this point shows a huge leap, he's finally at the point where he trusts her 100%. Which was the biggest problem in their relationship before.

3. Knowing his plans and understanding his motives, Ki chooses to support him and remove herself from the situation. Unlike the war effort, when she knew it was wrong and feared for him and tried to shield him from this mistakes, like a mother hen, Ki finally lets go and allows TH to follow through with his plan because this was his last wish. Even though she's obviously pained by it, she's giving in to TH for the last time. She still cleans up the extras like YBS because TH doesn't know about them.

4. The death of TT. If we were given a dying scene I don't think I could have continued to watch. TT died a war to protect a country he had sacrifice everything to keep. He died an honorable death, one befitting a loyal subject of Yuan and a great warrior. There is no way Yuan would fall if TT didn't' fall first.

5. The beach scene. I read this as a representation of Yuan and Korea. Ki will always be caught in the middle, daughter of Korea by birth but daughter of Yuan by marriage, for Ki, there is no answer. She will never be in the right, anything she does will be deemed as wrong by one or the other.

Was this a satisfying ending? Yes. In a way, I was expecting this, but I wanted to see Ki walking away from the palace as the last image instead.

• Love 1