[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Trend on Naver (Star News) : 2nd (+470)

2014030608505254539_1_59_20140306091305.

The comments are all saying that the demise of ET clan is next week and that they are all afraid of Lim Ju Eun's acting (they said that her pronounciation wasn't that good) and that Baek Jin Hee was too daebak as Tanasili, she had to do better than BJH and that it's going to be difficult.

Well if they extend it, they better do a hell of a good job... 'cause Spring is coming here and I'm dying to go outside and visit every single farmer's market around... fresh produce!
If they do, probably is just 1 or 2 episodes, maybe just to tie any loose ends within all the plots; but I don't see them extending the series more than that, what else can they bring? Do Min Joo paying them a visit?  >-)

To lighten the mood…. since Tanashiri’s imminent departure is near.
Tanashiri’s job after ouster from the palace, that’s if she is not executed.

Reggae_Santa_zps81d8f42f.jpg

These are from K-netizens on gail inside. I just added the English text.

There are even more hilarious gems here: Link

Guest NganBabee

sarah.lina said: @pegster : if i'm twisting your posts, i can tell you that you are also immensely twisting my posts, reducing me as a blind fangirl is something, i'll stop here because dialogue of deaf is not really my thing.

I'm not too happy about a second empress joining Empress Qi, but glad that they casted Lim Joo Eun as I have seen her in other dramas and feel that she can probably hold her own against some of the bigger stars in Empress Ki.

However, I'm not really a fan of palace politics whether it be among men or women.  That's usually when I start fast forwarding stuff.  Sometimes the battles between the women court can be so catty - and I was really hoping that Empress Ki's storyline wouldn't go this way. I was hoping that after the ET clan was gone, the story would focus on how SN could help Goryeo people.  However, with the new empress, it seems as if the story will just keep focusing on inner palace battles and how SN keeps her power.  But the problem with this is what's the point of having power in the first place if there is no time in the storyline to do anything good with the power she has?  I liked her character best in the beginning when she was helping her brothers free their sisters from slavery.

I know that SN has to protect her newborn baby from the dangers of the Yuan court due to power struggles, but I'm hoping her first son with WY will be the one to remind her about her past life - where she wanted to help WY stop the suffering of Goryeo people. From SN's own struggles since she was a child, I felt like this was going to be the point of the story.  But lately, it seems like the writers lost this focus and are now just writing whatever gives them ratings.  :(

I'm very excited for the new empress. TN was never a great opponent since she's so obvious and less conniving then SN.

The new empress by the sound of it looks more on par with SN in intelligence so we would at least have a better showdown.

The only TN got over SN was her fathers powers, but if the new empress will have BY's power and also her wits to fall back on then she becomes a much more formidable opponent.

Not to mention this will put MY TT in the spot light since he has to choose between SN and the new empress who is from his clan.

I'm not sure who ED will side with, I think she might side with SN just because she doesn't want BY to get too powerful and become another ET. Or she could side with the new empress because she's afraid of SN's hold over TH and her abilities.

BTW...to all those filling a the sting of misinterpretations and double meaning of post....

keep-calm-and-love-ha-ji-won-5.png

Just really wanted to put that out there...PEACE PEOPLE!

Guest ravendark

Hello all:) Back to track again; thank god done with all mind blowing work rush and finnaly be able to watch last two episodes tonite. Very hard to catch up with you guys since I had to read zillions of comments (not complaining though) and love them as they are very insightfull again, I ll just write what I think about these two episodes. Can be lil long so be warned in advance :) 
EP 34
First of all I dont get it how TN still orders around? Her wrongdoings  worse than what they accused Ki with, ah cmoon this is really pisses me off!("Patience" Tal Tal u basicly try a meltdown on us, thats not fare!")

at the other hand,  while they are takin away SN, bedies she look angry to WY she also seems confused and dissapointed but in mean time trying to figure what hes about. She basicly askin him "what the hell are you up to?" with her eyes. Thats what I see. THs entrance was awsome, suprise! U didnt know she suck the poison did you eheheh! Awsome shock for them :D THs last strenght goes for saving Ki. As we know he is afraid of her death even more than of his own death; it was the obvious move for him :) (Well done puppy ) At this point SN realising his love for her actually not a immature childish act of try to get what he wants but real love. She realises that he is ready to sacrify his for saving her. Thats the turning point. (And prolly that was what SN was afraid of; realising how serious he is.) Dont think WYs act pushed her to him, it was the realisation of how deep his love  is and I always say, she already was loving him in a different manner than WY. One is passionate love and other is growing steady love I can describe. And no matter what TH is her only family now...
Meantime I get the feeling that BS is Eagle House heads relative , dunno why there is something odd there. Maybe she will convince them to join powers with WY? (Enuch JK cracs me up everytiem I see him)
One of my favorite scene; torture of El Plague and El Curly. Too bad they got away. I want some of their luck for god sake, isnt this too much? They are like a Roly-Poly tot who never falls. And how stupid for our team to let evil team handle the execution. (forcing them to live tooo much cmooon) Still Tal Tal knows what they were up to :) yet again failed by his guards darn :( In meantime I realised DK wearing pink skirt for the firs time oh how cute :D
Petal bath scene was good. Golta's pleased look and THs pupried expression was priceless. TH underessing  SN like opening his present of patience is well stated. TH honoring her with his words  and kiss was just with the good dosage of being poetic imo. I liked all the set up at this scene.
I liked TT warning WY misunderstandings can leat to hatered and WYs responce , but I think SN already figuring out what was about. She knows WY well, dont think she will ever asume WY can do such a thing without a reason. Besides she seeing WY side by side with TT tells what it is really imo. 
SN get the responsibilty to the spendings of palace, we can see all concubines got jeleous. Obvious from their face. I am guessing at some point some of them will start to turn against her. Hilarious that TN whine about food, even she is so petite she eats like a giant, where the all food go in that body is a cosmic mystery :D
TN and SN's conversation at stairs; TN is not just a spoiled ruthless and thoughtless evil childish woman, she is also natural born psychopath. No concern for other lives, no empathy, no remorse etc we all saw that proves it.The only question is all saw she pushed SN and she openly harmed the emperrors woman, how come she get awat with it? And plus she was with a child of emperror... Doubles that fault... So annoying... Still loved the god sent punishment for her SN is preggy (heaaaaaahavvvvv) right at the face (Byoaaaatch slap on that smirk!) By the way this time SN's baby learning to flly in mothers womb :) good training.
Was nice to see THs happyness about baby. Idd, this is the first child of him actually produced willingly and with love. 
WY's trick of recruiting new ones and train them is awsome. He is caurageous, clever and fair to his man. WY is a man with fine fabric:) 
Congrats to SN getting promotion :) ED seems pleased also about both baby and promotion. So far it seems she dont see her as a threat. But seems concerned about something.I hope she wont turn in to an evil one later.
TH warning TN was stupid. Its like showing her a target and pushing her to it even intention was the opposite. He should by now learned how her mind works. So she going for Blackmagic was something expected in a extreme way I guess but since she is toughtless she didint even consider it can harm her own family.At other hand I bet that shaman woman saw her destiny of fall in her chart but shut up. 
Laugh at summonning scene, I thought TN and maids were gonna poop right there ( sorry had to say it)
My TT catch the Black Magic thing right away (whit his awsome voice I watch the scene several times ehehe)
All dead dog chasing scenes was awsome:) I liked the ending of this episode. 
In summary it was a fast phase nice episode.

Even though i knew the niece was coming, i'm still kinda "meh" on this. She's apparently worse than Tana since she's two faced. That's the wrong kind of people you want to deal with. Someone who acts like your friend and in the end backstab you. Can you imagine if she has the same brain as Tal Tal? See, i wish that was Tana's character from the beginning because at least i would have believed that she was a worthy opponent of SN. Then again, this is a sageuk so they do need villains, but like someone said are they just going to have her focus on palace politics and catty fights in the inner court? I hope not since i was under the impression that she wanted to help Goryeo besides her revenge on ET's clan.

For the actress i like her, and i hope she does good accent or not LOL It's not like i found BJH's sageuk speech stellar (i can tell there is a difference from the way she speaks and the others), but she managed enough.

Guest larabn

OMO... The drama might be extending, I'm happy and not so happy at the same time
I'm happy cuz of more EK eps :)
Not so happy cuz of our poor actors and actresses who will be working more tiring and sleepless nights for more than 15 eps remaining
I don't know about all of them but some mentioned JCW has another project after EK and HJW has a movie so it's work after tiring 50+ eps

Also, I don't know about this new empress but I would pull all my hair out if she'll be the next evil villain for the remaining eps till the end
Just when we thought, we got rid of Tana .... Hey wait!! There is another empress jealous of SN and is giving off smiles while being evil behind their backs (according to the description)
It's easier to take down and prevent the harms of an obvious villain like TN than a mysterious two faced person
So according to that description, she might be worse than Tana :-w

I hope this extension of eps increases the success of the drama and that the cast remain strong and healthy :)
I also hope with the extended eps,  storylines are solved carefully, giving us a logical, good ending :) 

Guest serenity95x3

Since a second empress will be introduced into the plot, there's an increase in chances that Empress Ki Coronation will probably be in the last two final episodes. Considering all the episodes it would take to introduce the new girl, reveal her characteristics, crown her as empress, build her as the new antagonist,set confrontations between her and SN(not particularly in this order), and then set-up her downfall. That's a whole lot of materials to cover.

Do secondary empresses not get a coronation ceremony or the Emperor just go "You are the secondary empress" in private and that's it? Maybe that coronation is just her being the second empress after Bayan's niece? I don't know since one of the articles states that Lim Joo Eun is going to be there for the rest of the show aka taking over BJH's spot.