[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster, I hope your suppositions are correct (because you are Pegster the Great, how can they not be? :P ).  I never was a big fan of (the rumoured niece) Kim Min-jung at all (for various reasons).  So I wandered over to her various Nate/Naver/Daum/DC profiles, and "Empress Ki" is not listed in her appearance biographies at all -- only that new tvN show "Gapdong" is listed.  Looks like that casting news fell flat on its face, hm?

All I can say is I'm really really really tired of the whole ET Bunch, and skimming through the message boards over the last few days, it seems everyone else in Korea is too.  So move on to the Third Act already, PD-nim!!!  :-w

@tessieroo Love the pics....Ayu is the cutest baby I have ever seen....well, next to my own babies!  I thought Maha was a cutie too, but Ayu has taken over my heart.  They really did an awesome job casting the little guy, he really does look like he could be SN/TH's baby.  
@pegster Oh Great One, do you think it's possible that we may see more little babies for SN/TH???  I know history states only one, but this drama for sure is not following exactly.  Will we get more oohlala scenes you think???  Yes, it's true, my perviness has gotten the better of me and once was not enough, I NEED MORE!!!

PeggyM said:
@pegster Oh Great One, do you think it's possible that we may see more little babies for SN/TH???  I know history states only one, but this drama for sure is not following exactly.  Will we get more oohlala scenes you think???  Yes, it's true, my perviness has gotten the better of me and once was not enough, I NEED MORE!!!

Guest adjani1430293095

Totally Agree @chelsea: actually I thought the competition was brilliant as TH's way of saying "Look it can wait, and besides they can compete to see who is seriously more suitable for the throne" which really is quite wise :) 
ChelseaS said: I have seen posts comparing how TH treats his sons with the King in Dong Yi. I could be wrong as I have seen this drama only once, but I think that King is probably the nicest one ever. :D :D

Just to even out the comparison, I have seen another drama (not KDrama though), where the Emperor refused to see his son merely because he did not like or favor the mother. Even bringing up the topic of the boy is taboo, not even his most favored concubine can bring up this topic. And the mother here is not even like Tanashiri. The mother was lowborn and the emperor, before he ascended the throne made the drunken mistake of getting someone (a Palace maid, I think) pregnant. This son was borne out of that mistake.

Not all rulers are great father figures.

I am not saying TH is justified in treating Maha like that. Heck, I cringe at people who treat their children like that even if they have a valid reason to do so (psychological reasons). But I don't agree that this is pure childishness on his part. Also, we cannot use the 'Lady Park' analogy because as one post said earlier they were both victims. Moreover, there was no Lady Park kid to begin with, so we cannot speculate how he would treat this child.

Regarding the competition, this is not rare. Emperors or Kings pass on the throne to someone more competent (even if he is not firstborn) all the time.

Guest adjani1430293095

@pegster: you know we can wish and try to convince the writers but.. I think telling them to leave out angst for SY is like... "NO WAY".. k audiences also love angst.. and so... we dont have much hopes.
But I think EL T clan needs to move on and Maha should be saved... without anyone really know who he is truly to ensure that no one suffers any angst...be it WY, SY or TH :) 
Then again I wonder what TN's expression will be if she ever finds out that the son she loved so much is actually also SY's :P (her mortal enemy!) .... well and her crush WY :P Considering she wanted to kill both of them... :P 

Alright, brace yourselves everyone.  I just read another novel spoiler on Baidu about the possible 2nd Empress (I'm current speculating that it's the new character being rumoured to join the cast).

The 2nd Empress, according to the novel, is smarter version of DS.  Basically from the outside she'll act all nice and everything, but really she's kind of like DS, possessive and jealous of those who TH loves, SN in our case.  She will actually be the one pushing to for MaHa to be the crown prince.  As a means of revenge on SN, she's going to instigate MaHa to go against SN.

Like I always say, I'm only translating what I read, they're only spoilers from the novel.  There have been a lot of details from the novel that was either omitted or changed.  Just read this for fun.
So...if this spoiler is true, then we know that's going to happen to MaHa.  
My guess is that SN will try to keep MaHa's identity a secret for as long as she can.  Now...what is going to happen to the nun...will SN think of a way to send her away, or will she let DS find and kill her...or will she kill the nun herself...oh all the what ifs...
Ah...STRESS!!!

Guest adjani1430293095

@pegster: nevermind, I will stress with you :) But it was bound to be the case that they need new "baddies" if the EL T clan goes down.. it will be right bad if there was no one to fill the gap... and considering BY's contribution to TH's rise, it is almost clear that he will try to exert control either himself or with his niece or both on TH.. SY was always just a means to an end. 
As for the new empress, well she will have to understand that at the end of the day, TH only loves SY so maybe she will attempt to win his heart.. but the chances of that one is slim :) 

adjani said: @pegster: nevermind, I will stress with you :) But it was bound to be the case that they need new "baddies" if the EL T clan goes down.. it will be right bad if there was no one to fill the gap... and considering BY's contribution to TH's rise, it is almost clear that he will try to exert control either himself or with his niece or both on TH.. SY was always just a means to an end. 
As for the new empress, well she will have to understand that at the end of the day, TH only loves SY so maybe she will attempt to win his heart.. but the chances of that one is slim :) 

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[behind The Scenes] 

A new cast...a new empress?! If this is true, then the coming episodes will be quite interesting. Will she be the jealous type like TS? SN must fight for her family and love. Wahhh!!!!
These are just merely my thoughts after watching ep 35:
I think SN will not tell TH and WY about Maha's true identity so as to protect them <TH's feelings, WY's life and Maha against the ET clan>. But TH and WY will eventually know as the drama progresses. But they will keep it a secret so as not to put SN's life at stake.
I hope TH will show his fatherly love between Maha and Ayu equally, even though Maha is not his real son. TH loves SN so much that he will accept SN's past.
I hope Maha and Ayu will have some brotherly bonding scenes.

Oh, for pete's sake!  We've had to suffered the ET Clan long enough and now, we have to suffer through ET's dementia!  Dementia, Alzheimer, senility must be the new 'cancer' for the dramas. 

Let ET have the rapid and severe kind of dementia.  Then, have him go so delusional that he kills both sons.  Then, when TN comes running in, ET thinks she's an evil demon and slays her too.  Then, he can go sit in the jail cell, blithering like the nut-case that he is.  He can entertain himself playing with the fairies, leprechauns, elves, ogres, etc. that he sees crawling out from beneath the straw on the dirt floor.  8-|

Guest critics

After TH said this to LK:  "Nobody else who makes my heart flutters except you".  Guys, they kissed passionately, right?  As of this moment, nothing else matters except their commitment towards each other, united as one - being husband and wife.  'Til death do they part. http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/8.gifhttp://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/8.gif

http://thetalkingcupboard.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/empress-ki-e34-140303-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi_001173440.jpg

Guest Mary de Vera

Episode 35 is getting super ridiculous especially with El Temur.  I hope we get to see him wear diapers due to his dementia and therefore lacking control of his bowels.  That would surely be the end of him witnessing his downfall being powerless to control his own bowels! hehehehe--He's going to have major runs (literally speaking) running back and forth on the toilet!  On a side note: the baby is super cute!!! I just want to pinch his cute cheeks and how he looked at his daddy the Emperor--it was a AWWWW moment for sure!!!

Of course the writers would bring in a new empress this late in the game since people are becoming increasingly fed up with the temurs overextended reign. After SN beats ET, her revenge is complete, but we still have to see her become Empress. I guess it wouldn't be a drama if they just let her have that position while she is all good and happy. I will just savor this week's happy moments while it lasts.I am curious though, After ET's downfall would ED push for a new empress, since she wouldn't want to give up control over the inner courts, I thought she would be against it, but then again would she still have control since she hasn't "retired" right. However if given the choice, wouldn't TH suggest making SN his empress, then at this point would we see everyone ED, BA, and the governors be against it. Or will BA, as soon as he becomes prime minister just force TH to marry his niece :-? Wouldn't ED's horns come out at this point? After all she didn't want BA to prime minister because she didn't want him to control TH. SN on the other hand doesn't seem to have her eyes set on the throne, judging by the way she humbles herself and pays deference to ED every time SN temporarily gets the power of the Empress' seal. 
I think this new empress was set up as a temporary toy for SN to play with before she finally ascends her throne (because SN may get bored with happiness after all 8-|  ). Smarter version of TN? doesn't SN have to deal with ED and BA, already. I guess the writers wants to show off how capable SN is since TN was child's play lol. Alright let's see how annoying the new girl can get. TH do your part and give scenes that will make steam come out of the new girls ears......or will we see a jealous SN. hmmmm @PeggyM will a makeup oolala satisfy you, maybe the writers will slip that in    ;))

Guys, in case you wanna check out some hanbok, go to my thread: 
> http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2017549/the-k-drama-hanbok-collection-a-helpful-guide-to-the-hanbok-fans-with-intoduction?new=1
I might post our Empress Ki casts in hanbok soon. I'll try to find their pictures wearing hanbok.
Just sayin'.
Thank you!

The Turk lady Bisoo seems to be popping in and out of WY's life. Last episode she showed her concern dressing his wound and showed interest in WY's love life ie asked him about SN.. 
I am sure she will be back again, who knows this time to help finance WY's army. (She is going to follow the head of Eagle House - which will lead her to the hidden loots of ET). So just pondering.. Bisoo in her many of her ways is appearing almost similar to what SN is to WY.