[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster

They are definitely teasing us! I wonder what episode they are shooting. Seems really close to the air date (if these are all for next week)
Your spoilers are probably going to come true this time!

Are there any spoilers about the death of the ET clan? Just wondering because I can't wait for them to be gone.

She is one year old! Still so full of energy and wants to play all the time.

EDIT:
Golta is too funny in that BTS even if I don't understand any of it. :D :D :D
=)) =))

@ChelseaS
Nope, I haven't seen any spoilers relating to ET clan's downfall yet.
I did read some new spoilers that will lead to SN's future struggles with Byul/BA/ED.  I can't remember the exact details, but I'll just summarize it.

So it picks up from when we discover SN is pregnant, and at the same time someone tries to poison MaHa.

The blame is put on SN.  TH refuses to punish her with the excuse that she's pregnant and can't be punish.  Instead she gets 'isolated' somewhere, maybe in the cold palace?  
At this time, ED is actually not on SN's side.  In fact, she had attempted to stop TH from going to see SN because the other consorts were getting jealous that he was only gracing SN.
ET wants to force to TH to make MaHa the crown prince, but he refuses.  He wants to wait for his child with SN and appoint their child as the crown prince.
BA in an attempt to save SN gives PBH some poison to feed MaHa.  PBH actually knows that MaHa is Byul.  Apparently PBH was the one who lost Byul, and he witnessed DS taking him.  In the novel, PBH was castrated before he even reached Yuan, so his character line has already changed.  Since if MaHa dies why SN is away, she's automatically cleared of her prior 'suspicions'.
PBH has no choice, but to take BA's advice as that seemed to be the only way to save SN.  
After he gives the poison to MaHa, MaHa gets sick and develops smallpox like symptoms.
PBH confesses to SN that MaHa is Byul and apologizes, tells her this is the only way to save her.  SN is devastated.  She didn't even want to harm MaHa even before knowing he was her son Byul, now that she knows he's her son, she can't let him die.
SN goes to see BA, and demands that he give her the antidote to the poison.  SN tells BA that she allied with him thinking that he was a righteous and honourable warrior.  BA eventually gives in and gives her the antidote.  
At this time, BA realizes that he's been wrong all along. All that time he thought SN was his pawn, working for him, now he realizes that it's the other way around.  So here we can see that he'll probably start to change his thoughts, and it'll pave his road to being SN's next rival.
SN gives the antidote to DS and tells her that if MaHa dies because she refuses to give him this medicine, she would be the one to have killed him.  If MaHa dies after she feeds him the medicine, then SN would be the one who killed him.  DS gives him and feeds the medicine to MaHa, and he gets well.
From these spoilers we can see that somehow ED will begin to realize to realize that SN can not be a pawn to anyone.
BA is already starting to see SN differently.
Of course now that SN knows MaHa is Byul, how is she going to revenge the ET clan without harming him, or to keep anyone from harming him to harm her.

Just to clarify, I'm not sure what the English subs say, but if you listen to the way they refer to MaHa, he's not the crown prince yet, he's just a prince.  They are referring to him as Hwang Ja mama (prince), and not Tai Ja mama (crown prince).  That's also what the CH subs say as well.
NOTE: If anyone wants to discuss the novel spoilers I've posted, please remember to put it in [ spoiler ] tags, we don't wait to ruin it for fans who are not interested/don't want to know about it.  Thanks! ^:)^

I have a 12 year old (human years) dog, and all she does is sleep all day long  I-)

Guest critics

ETPaeha, some of the EK fans are very anxious to oust me and these die hard vassals surrounding us from this drama land.   So I write this edict – stating that instead of you abdicating the throne, you will beg them to transfer their affections of your majesty to me so that I won’t be lonely when I am gone.
THNo comment!
http://thetalkingcupboard.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/empress-ki-e30-140217-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi_001967534.jpg

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Good morning guys !! I've been reading your insights and comments since yesterday, and i admit also wonder about what will happen in the drama.I remember that the same thing happened with another MBC drama that i don't want to name.. As viewers, we were SO sticking with the scripts and going delusional with predictions.. but the end of the drama was totally unexpected (and disappointing, i've got to say).
However, i think they must have their reasons for not killing the ET clan yet. (well at least i hope so). There were a bunch of episodes which everything flew so fast we couldn't keep pace, so it is possible that the two upcoming episodes go fast. Don't know.
Anyway, what i wanted to say was that these questions shouldn't make us forget to fully enjoy the drama and the plot, without thinking too much about the script and the novel spoilers etc. I mean the cast is excellent and they are all working relentlessly, the plot is very interesting... What more to ask for ?Have a nice friday :D Only a few more days to wait (y) 
Fighting to Empress Ki crew ! And thank you all for your insightful posts 

@DJG - Thank you for valuable insights, as always. 
Now that you've pointed it out, it really seems like the story is being uselessly strung along without accomplishing much. We could look at the 'Empress Ki' title as the story of the tribulations Empress Ki goes through to get to where she is instead of SN's story as an Empress. If you think about it, there are many dramas with similar concepts: Queen Seon Duk, Dong Yi, Queen In Soo...etc
It's understandable her journey to becoming an Empress would take a hefty part of the plot but with only twenty episodes left, it really seems not much has been resolved. I can't for the life of me understand why ET is still standing this far in the drama. While the growth of TH's character to finally be able to fearlessly stand face-to-face to ET has made it necessary to elongate ET's conflict, it had taken a much longer time than the story could afford. I think this had to do with the first twenty episodes that were spent in building the love triangle and SN's relationship with each of the main leads. 
I felt a little confident with the drama when they showed us the crowning scene at the first episode since I thought they planned the story ahead. The Princess' Man was another drama that used this method of starting the drama with a scene that happened later on and then going back to the beginning of the story. The difference is, they didn't leave us waiting for long and the scene happened within the first ten episodes. 
Now I have this nasty feeling that SN is still 10+ episodes away from being crowned.

JJM is an A list star and his starpower is recognize all over Asia. Frozen Flower is one of his masterpiece. For an established actor with countless achievement like him, it doesn't matter how many screen times he has, viewers will always admire, respect, remember and deeply touched by every role that he plays.. especially as the dethroned King Wang Yu.. eventhough this character is fictional aka made up by the writer of the EK novel, the writer has made a great adaptation that makes us all feel Wang Yu was indeed existed during Emperor Huizong's reign of Yuan Dinasty (Yuan Dinasty is like the ancient United States of Asia). 
But then again.. as a mere viewers that lucky enough to be able to watch this drama for free, as well as able to express our feeling, opinion and ranting in Soompi for free, we have no power to change the drama and make our bias actor or actress have more scenes or screen time. So instead of over predicting some press release and upset and rant our dissapointment by attacking other character or the actor who play other role, we have to suck it up and get over it and accept the gravity of the circumstances. That is maybe the best choice for a common viewers like us. Since there is nothing you can do about it. 
Ta Hwan the puppet Emperor time is done and over.I don't see anymore puppetness in him and SY is that Great Woman behind (soon to be) a Great Emperor. And by becoming Emperor's Consort, SY can start her avenge to ET clan. While Wang Yu love is already a past for her. 
Be a wise and a good fan and show your respect and appreciation to your idol by also respecting other actor and his fans. That's a Noble fan class.

@pegster
Thanks for the video :) (imbc never works without the extra slow motion effect for me)
LOL Golta is really funny
He pushed HJW to where the heater infront of TH was, poor girl she must be freezing cold
and the girl playing Jingle bells was really good :) but then Golta had to ring the emperor's bell LOL so funny
@tessieroo
Thanks for the pic :)
At first I thought they were listening to music and when I traced it from the ears to where it's attached on SN's clothing
"umm no, they are not listening to music'' :P
@rinchan76
Good luck on your exams :)
@chelseaS and @pegster
Thanks for the pics :) ... SN's outfit looks really Mongolian
@tieuyeunu
Thanks for the MV :) I love the MV and TT's voice adds some sexy serious effect to the music :D

So DK's punishment might be, as SN told him, to hold his sister and father's dead body and no SN killing him....
Although this is a powerful revenge, this guy doesn't learn his lesson I'm afraid and it will make him more agitated and mad.
The only lesson he knows is "Skin me or be skinned"  :-SS

Thank you all for all the pics, videos and insights :)