[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

carmens

said: Hello my friends on the thread ,

I love you all , just as you are,

>

:D

<

let's not be bad to each other , all we got on this thread because we love Korean dramas and so we all got to watch Empress Ki ...I personally came here because I have felt the need to talk to someone about what I get or what I do not understand in this drama , and I enjoyed every time I've found someone who thinks like me , but I enjoyed it as much when I found comments that express different points of view , emphasizing the aspects that have escaped me , often I accepted that I 'm wrong and the other are right. The beauty of a discussion is to argue , if we don't have different opinions and we all sing the same note , it would be very boring here ...so I accept all the opinions and all forms of expression, even the rude ... each reveals a new idea and a new personality from each learn something , how i can talk , or how not to talk on the thread , how to approach or how not to approach a discussion ... I vote for total freedom of expression on the thread , because one must know the danger before he can avoid it.If we do not like a topic, may be good to not join it, if we do not like the way someone speaks, can ignore the dislike maybe it's just a coincidence , 

if repeated, give him ignore the person will get to talk alone, get bored and leave, nobody likes to talk by himself in a community, even the arrogant and the careless one, as we all got the thread from the need to talk to someone and share opinions... If the person realizes the mistake, must receive it back with open heart ,
only if realizes he was wrong, anyone can remove his mistake, it is about to leave everyone the freedom to choose  how speaks by thread why get mad? Let's be friends!!!!!!!
I tend to call you all, my friends, but you really became my friends only If you want, this is about two, isn't it??And all my friends have my love without conditions ..
btw Have I told you lately that I love you? I love you, guys

Hello my friends on the thread ,
I love you all , just as you are,
>:D<
I want to talk a little about TaHwan 
The spoiled prince ,The coward and the indifferent to the others, 
I regarded all this as some appearances, kind of undercover prince,
I saw the true TaHwan from underneath I gathered all and exactly Episode 4,
when he got in the boat with SeungNyang , I jumped in the boat too
and there I am !!

he is spoiled? 
[-X

How to behave spoil a child, which in his entire life did not receive love from anyone 
He was just fed, sheltered and enclosed in a palace, was a palace, it is true 
but what is the difference between a gold and ans a rusty cage for the the bird  inside? 
:-/

TaHwan not received any education, even education of the middle class child, 
He was not allowed to know how to write to read, not even knowing how to defend his own life, 
to learn to use weapons is the main thing that a prince is taught . 
If you are spoiled by anybody, how can you know how to act like a spoiled child? 
TaHwan's behavior  was that of a cheerful and playful child, not a brat, 
a spoiled prince would be punished the servant SNyang for his behavior a little rough and disrespectful. 
Instead TaHwan was fond of SNyang and from that moment he considered  a friend .. 
 >:D<

The coward TaHwan
:-B
TaHwan begged, forced almost SNyang (childish way to get it then) 
 to teach him to handle weapons, because he knew, he had enemies who will not give up on take his life.
From this I understood that he not wanted anymore to hide behind someone else to fight for him ... :-j   the Coward

*-:)

If we go back in time to the boat scene :
there, he and SNyang,have been caught up by Baek-Han and Tal-Tal,
BA sent an arrow that would hit TaHwan right in the heart if SNyang would not protect him with his arm.

bracket
I wonder if it was just a coincidence, or PD indication that the cameraman was insisting on that image.
close bracket

The situation was very bad, SNyang was hurt and BA told TaHwan, to kill himself .
They had no escape .. 
Then TaHwan The coward, came in front of BA and what he said then, make BA and Tal-Tal to move on his side. 
It was a very clever speech, coming from a spoiled prince, uneducated and selfish, isn't it? 

:)>-

" Baek-Han, remember what my father did for you. 
My father wanted me to inherit the throne. 
Kill me and you kill an Emperor, all your family will be cursed because you spilled the blood of a dragon. 
Let me live and I promise I will become a real emperor, a Dragon who will know how to reward you."
:-j
What a coward!!

I'll continue another time because too many words in a comment, are boring.  (:|

To not wasting the moment 
I have to quote @jewell11:

jewel11

said: Let me say TH character in Empress Ki base on what i see and understand. TH is not selfish. He think also for others. How many times did he say that he don't want blood shed in palace because of him. If he is selfish, self centered person why will TH betray SN. He decided to betray SN because EB

About the future episodes of Empress Ki, i can maybe help you with Bichunmoo story, in order to get clear with my explanation, i will use the same characters names as Empress Ki. (they have been following the drama so far, so i think it could be insightful to share that)

SN was in love with WY, and their love was reciprocal, TH was also in love with SN too, but TH's family (TH was unwilling) tried to kill WY, in the meantime SN got pregnant but then WY fell off the cliff with the arrow that TH family shot (they all think that he was dead). SN, in order to keep the baby, has decided to marry TH (TH was aware that it was not his baby, but he feigns his ignorance before SN), after the oh-la-la, there was a time jump, Maha was 13 years (they did cast a baby-face actor, he was 9 years younger than JJM, but here i hope not because JCW is young and TN younger so... ) and TH's girl (it was a girl in this drama) was 6 years old. WY's returned with an army and has decided to make his revenge over TH family, he did win, he even killed the poor TH's girl (i don't think korean will go that far). In the meantime, Maha wanted to make his revenge over WY because he killed all TH's family, but somehow he knew that it was his father.

End : They all die :)) :)) :))

The only difference here it's that WY and TH were BFF before and TH & SN were friends too :D

Sorry for the long post, i hope that i'm clear :)>-

@ ChelseaSthank you my dear ,
I like the background song to death ... (this is to keeping with the MV) 8->  seems this MV look different ,in the old times I think someone wanted to make things right and little edited?
I still believe that DangKiSee really loves SNyang...
just stubbornness !!???!!

:\"> 

@carmens : DKS loves SN, that's a fact, his kind of love is completely different of TH, WY ones though. And among the three, i can tell you that DKS is the most realistic one, given the period that they've lived in. Even if, some are outraged by DKS's behavior, it was always like the case back then, but of course this is a one-sided love.

SN-DKS = Typical Love
SN-TT = Platonic love or Mind Love
SN-WY = Romantic/Ancient-Tragic Love
SN-TH = Romantic/Modern-Tragic Love

@sarah.lina My chingu ya, I do not get your story at all! But i get the final part: they all die. WY will take an arrow for SN from Dangkesi.  TH will be killed by Dangkesi when he tried to revenge for SN.  SN will kill herself after she killed Dangkesi because her love has died.  The question is, who is the man that she loved??  :-w

@sarah.lina 
:-* You made ​​the shortest  synthesis possibleregarding the love connections in Emperes Ki dramaTo tell them "Dangerous liaisons"? as the movie with the same name?8-}
DangKiSee - SeungNyang story began tragically ,He wanted to kill her with an arrow when she was just a little girl, then killed her mother who sacrificed herself to defend his child. This moment SNyang reminded him the night he came to the island and wanted to kill TaHwan ... It's just the moment when DKSee became intrigued by this small, beautiful and brave soldier who threw his sword and said, "You killed my mother, come and get out my heart of my chest if you dare , I am barehanded"*-:)Then he became more curious when, following  TaHwan and SNyang on the mountain, DKSee saw their tracks and said : This SeungNyang runs like a girl!!
*-:) Next time, SN win the admiration of DKSee  was when SNyang persuaded TaHwan  to fight for his life and for become emperor, and jumped off the cliff together .. And lastly is the moment when DangKisee's nose sniffing SNyang, makes she comeback as woman Nyang Yi ...bracket:About this time I continue to say DKSee saved SNyang's life, even if he did it  to obtain  SN as a slave, to me it means that he wanted her to live not die (punished for she dressed as a man, as it does in those days)
close bracket
:x

Wow I'm lagging so behind by like over 10 pages...  :-O I don't really know what happened in this thread while I was away but I guess it's some unhappy stuffs so everyone, let's make this a nice and peaceful thread shall we? :) I know some people may be sensitive with some terms some people prefer to use in their posts, but let's not really mind (voicing it out) and argue cause everyone does have their biases and you know deep in your heart that term is not true and doesn't fit the character. It's like how sometimes I see people saying WY's scenes are boring. I feel a sting in my heart and how I wish I can tell the person off here but I'm refraining from doing so knowing that it will create conflicts. So what I advice is just to be mindful about the terms you want to use and people who reads it, try to refrain from arguing back. 
By the way, the other time I saw someone writing that TalTal is telling WY's suboordinates to keep mum about his and SN's baby but after watching it, TalTal is actually trying to tell the suboordinates to keep mum about WY and SN's relationship. It's a really sad thing. :(
And if you don't get the meaning of the cold palace, this is what I got after researching cause I only know briefly before. So this is the exact meaning of it.Being sent into cold palce is equivalent to being dethroned. In television dramas, consorts being banished to cold palace are still seen to be living in pretty palace however, in reality, unless your crime is not serious and your family has not fallen, then you'll receive such treatments. If not, you will be send to stay in a dark village house as a commoner, just like prisoners. Regarding the servants, I think one or at most two closest ones will follow them to the cold palace. So they're not exactly be demoted to be slaves and no, I don't think they'll get the chance to serve in the palace. 

Thank you @ carmens & to all people who like my comments. Have a nice day. I enjoy watching Korean drama even though I am in Canada. So I have no one to share my feelings in what I watch because people are all busy working & love to watch different show I am far from people who love Korean drama like Philippines. I already watch a lot of Korean drama since year 2003 up to present . To all writers of Korean drama thank you for making me happy & others too.

Guest missred123

@sarah.lina

So, bang, bang, everybody is going down. Hahaha!

@minnie0103

Thanks for the pic. I like much!!

@misstear

SN seems to have that iron stare when WY came to the palace. I bet, When she get to her room she cried like a baby.

SN had to have this all figured out already. Has revenge taken up all her thoughts that she has not planned what to do, or say when she meets WY?

The way i see this drama, according to my imaginary statistics :

TH End? --> he has a heart problem (K-Drama Logic) --> he'll die in the end (p=0,99 with α=0,05)
WY End? --> doesn't exist in History (K-Drama Logic) --> he'll die in the end (p=0,98 with α=0,05)
SN End? --> disappearing after TH's death (K-Drama Logic) --> she'll die alongside WY (p=0,96 with α=0,05)

=)) =)) =))

Guest seohaseurri22

sarah.lina said:
The way i see this drama, according to my imaginary statistics :

TH End? --> he has a heart problem (K-Drama Logic) --> he'll die in the end (p=0,99 with α=0,05)
WY End? --> doesn't exist in History (K-Drama Logic) --> he'll die in the end (p=0,98 with α=0,05)
SN End? --> disappearing after TH's death (K-Drama Logic) --> she'll die alongside WY (p=0,96 with α=0,05)

=)) =)) =))

PeggyM said: carmens said: @missred123I do not think that Nyang Yi will ever wear that hairpin you remind... she quit him the moment she heard that Wang Yoo Goon, married ElTemur niece , the moment she decided to become TaHwan's concubine .. That hairpin symbolized   the marriage ring between her and  WH .. now we may consider them, most certainly   divorced...
:-??