[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Week of 13 January - 19 January 2014 AGB Nielsen Top 20:
'Empress Ki' 19.9% average - 4th overall

Episode 23 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen:  Nationwide 20.8% (3rd; +.5%) / Seoul 23.6% (2nd; +1.5%) over 20% again!!!
TNmS:  Nationwide 19.5% (3rd; +.5%) / Seoul 23.6% (2nd; -.3%)

I can't cry any more.  Let's just stare at this beautiful baby and think happy thoughts again...

vlcsnap-00046_zpsdc5031ce.jpg

Guest ghollygina22

Seung Nyang wants revenge for everything that has happened.  From the way it looks she has her eye on TN?  It also looks like she didn't notice TN was holding her baby.   :-<  OF ALL THE BABIES-!!!!   ~X(    okay i'm done, that was my last form of venting…  
Now i'm curious what kind of badassery Seung Nyang can dish out!  But more on the level of pain she can inflict upon her enemies.  :>  The last 2 episodes was like Hell broke loose!  Seriously, my friend Seung Nyang can't get a break!  This time she better collect on her revenge!  NO HOLDING BACK ANYMORE!!!  I hope she's multi-tasking while she's trying to work her way up the ranks, she's killing people!  /:)
IRON LADY EMPRESS KI SEUNG NYANG!  \m/

Two hours left at work. Sneaking time!! LOL
Well i can't wait to watch it with subs, but damn looks like it's a river of tears everywhere. Oh yeah my hatred for Tana just keeps escalating. One more episode and she will beat my most hated Kdrama female character, Dae Hee from Queen of Ambition. That one was a real number. Anyone topping her for me must get kuddos in acting. :))
Though i am happy that my baby Hercules is still alive even if that succubus got him. Seeing the cap of my girl crying and looking for her baby, i can't wish harm on Hercules no matter how much of a non fan i was of that plot. She named him Star? Yeah i don't care what she names him. He is forever Hercules. :))
So Bang told WY that TS was behind the massacre? And from the preview, someone told TH the same thing? I wish he does strangle that b! Well she's dead meat. Now she really pissed off all three of them. Maybe that so called crush on WY will finally come in handy because storywise it didn't add much well maybe when she stopped DK from killing WY. That's about it. I just want WY to be the one to give her a final blow just because i would think it would hurt more. Her suffering is my happiness. :)

Woo hoo to the ratings! Thanks @CherKell!!
In your face for those who keep on complaining about historical inaccuracy!
I think DS is so desperate for a baby that even if it was a girl, she'd take her in just to show that she has a royal baby.  It is still going to be the first royal baby for TH.
@chrissydiva did SN actually have time to name the baby?  I didn't catch that, or was that what DS named the baby?
I seriously hope the writers won't go soft with the revenge, and let SN go all out and merciless with it.
@ghollygina22 SN didn't see the baby in DS' arms because DS was hiding the baby in her cape, at this time, no one is suppose to know about the baby yet because how else would she be able to 'deliver' the baby back at the palace if it is already revealed that she already has the baby in her arms.
By the way, why is it that DS gets to wear a cape and no one else does?  Is she the only person subject to experiencing the change in seasons?

@pegster I am just going from some recaps saying she called him "star" for now and that her and his father were going to give him a proper name later when they are reunited. Me: :((

LOL I still don't understand people claiming to be fan of an actor/actress and yet in the next breath are wishing for their show to fail. Where is the logic? Anyway, their target audience is Korea and they love storyline like that. History or not. Acceptance is key! LOL

Guest seohaseurri22

The baby that is now under TN's care is the one who is known in the history as Prince Ayurshiridar, right? If that would be him, I wonder what will be his Korean name alternative, since the Yuan characters' name in the drama are all Korean-ized, like "Ta Hwan" from Togon Temur, "Dang Ki Se" from Tangqishi, "Taltal" from Togtogha, etc..
If his real Mongolian name is Ayurshiridar, would it be possible to name him in the drama as....................AH-YOOL???? :-/ :-?

If  the writers decide to continue with the idea of WY not knowing about his son, ever... then I guess the significance of SN holding her parents' rings during the coronation is a symbolism of; just like her parents gave up their lives protecting her, she too will give up her life to protect her child. Her love for WY will always be inside her heart, but she's giving up her life as a "woman" in order to protect that child. We see how on ep 22 and ep 23 she keeps on telling the baby she will protect him no matter what. SN knows that if she tells WY that they had a son and was stolen, it would put his life even at more risk; so in order to save him, his land and his child, she's letting go of her life. (the life she dreamt of as a family woman beside Yoo)
On another note, @kiyokotsubasa I think our "not likely to happen" relationship may have a chance... TalTal hasn't had a chance to notice SN much as a woman, we've seen him "taking a look now and then" but if he's going to be somehow involved in her court training; he is definitely falling for her...  ;;)
I don't like Bi-Soo, I dislike Vixen type women... they're always trouble... I just can't stand those female creatures X(
I'm disappointed my hunch about LP's baby surviving was wrong... I wanted ED to come back to the Palace with this baby... so sad... :((

Just passing by....

i think there is a possibility that there are two babies here. The Koryeo concubine's and SN's. The concubine is more advanced in her stage than SN and there is that possibility that it lived, as opposed to what we assumed, especially if there is the presence of the monks. TN's baby could be hers and not SN's... hmm...

Guest kaeruchan

Recap for episode 23

http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/empress-ki-eps-23-24/

I'm tired from all the crying TT_TT

Guest bashful

Honestly, I am disappointed with the plot. PD did not do a good job with keeping his viewers in suspense.....SN baby was revealed too soon......judging from the preview I hope SN did not disguise herself as one of those women entering the palace. If so it would explain why TH was shocked when seeing them.

got to give it to JCW in this ep. His crying scene and heartache was indeed touching. TH was suffering from SN death...his soul died along with SN.

HJW as always she is able to bring emotions to her viewers through her eyes. Her acting is beyond good. I just hope the PD could do a better job with the remaining eps of these drama. "sigh........."

Guest kiyokotsubasa

@stclaus Haha yes that's exactly what i thought xD We'll see.
@kaeruchan Thank you so much for the link ;) 
Spoiler (even though everyone knows by now) : El Temur accepted to help that head merchant Heuksoo with some Goryeo-Yuan money stuff... and in return, El Temur asked that merchant to help him in marrying off his niece to Wang Yoo
-___-"