[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

serenity95x3 said
With that said, I'm curious about the potential conflict with the love child plot between WY and SY if it does play out. Wouldn't it cause an uproar in the palace because it was considered indecent and wrong for the emperor to be with someone whom, like SY, have been with another man in addition to already bearing a child? But maybe the writers will allow it since they did allow Tanasili to fall for WYand become obsessed with him, a man other then her husband. :-?

Guest hunterdd

JOSIEvang said: Just finished watching episode 17 raw and OH MY GOD. I'm so glad there's this thread where I can just react.Anyway... OH MY GOD, this drama is CRAZZYYY!!! xD Literally tug of war between Goryeo and Yuan!! OH MY GOODNESS!I rewatched that last part like 5 times, too intense. So intense. And oblivious Danashiri in the background, LOL.And I still have my white flag up...man, I'm totally loving Tahwan and SeungNyang but then WangYoo comes around with sad eyes and I fall for him all over again!!! T.T Oh my gosh... Yeah, there are DEFINITELY still like 30 episodes to come cause this love war is intense. 

Episode 17 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen: Nationwide 17.3% (4th; -1.5%) / Seoul 20.1% (2nd; -1.3%)
TNmS: Nationwide 17.3% (4th; -.8%) / Seoul 20.5% (2nd; -1.4%)

Number One with a Bullet Again!  So Our Emperor Puppy sits and ponders why such a dramatic drop in ratings... ?

vlcsnap-00104_zps6ba5b844.jpg

sarah.lina said: the ratings of empress ki : 17.3% nooooooooooooooooo -1,5%

Since they will delayed the episode 19 on tuesday, One warm world would get better ratings the next day it's very dangerous

Guest hunterdd

sarah.lina said: the ratings of empress ki : 17.3% nooooooooooooooooo -1,5%

Since they will delayed the episode 19 on tuesday, One warm world would get better ratings the next day it's very dangerous

I agree wth petria, TH had always been playful and constantly acting childish when with SN. I feel he is most comfortable with SN, the only person he can laugh, cry and act silly with. And his holding and grabbing her hand is just one of his usual antics. Except this time he was shocked to see the other hand being held by WY.
The best part is both men are not in any position at that time to be holding SN's hands. 

Guest susany2k5_1

I think it's because it's Christmas now and people are running around doing last minute shopping. I'm pretty sure the other 2 dramas have dropped slightly ratings wise too.

I'm really frustrated. . . She should be empress by around episode 20 at least haha. I don't like that child plot thing on WY. Common writers that's immoral. We saw TH ans SN 's wedding in the first episode so please NO CHILD PLOT THING on WY. If it's TH child that's much better.  :x
I like JJM but i really prefer the SN and TH 's chemistry and love story. So please just send away WY cause it annoys me seeing TH is hurting. I want him to be inspired and work together with SN to be a better ruler. That would not be possible if WY is still around. Besides, SN i think, is starting to get fond on TH. Probably she'll develop feelings with him unknowingly as time flies that she's with him. 
So please more of TH ans SN scenes and story since we all know that they will end up wed to each other. Give us a happy ending not a tragic and sad one like What Happened in Bali cause it's really frustrating as a viewer. . . .  :((
Just my thought. . . Peace to all WY shipper. . . So fighting to TH and SN shippers, cause it's actually one of the reason why i'm watching this drama and having a dilemma cause I can't get enough of TH and SN scenes. . .  :x i even fantasize  and dream TH and SN 's future love blossoming story in the drama  8-}

Guest susany2k5_1

I'm really frustrated. . . She should be empress by around episode 20 at least haha. I don't like that child plot thing on WY. Common writers that's immoral. We saw TH ans SN 's wedding in the first episode so please NO CHILD PLOT THING on WY. If it's TH child that's much better.  :x

I like JJM but i really prefer the SH and TH 's chemistry and love story. So please just send away WY cause it annoys me seeing TH is hurting. I want him to be inspired and work together with SN to be a better ruler. That would't be possible if WY is still around. Besides, SN i think, is starting to get fond on TH. Probably she'll develop feelings with him unknowingly as time flies she's with him. 

So please more of TH ans SN scenes and story since we all know that they will end up wed to each other. Give us a happy ending not a tragic and sad one like What Happened in Bali cause it's really frustrating as a viewer. . . . 

:(

(

Just my thought. . . Peace to all WY shipper. . . 
So fighting to TH and SN shippers, cause it's actually one of the reason why i'm watching this drama and having a dilemma cause I can't get enough of TH and SN scenes. . . 

:x i even fantasize  and dream TH and SN 's future love blossoming story in the

drama  8-}

Yes I agree with the child plot! I can't get my head around it because that's a really immoral and out of character for SN to have a love child with WY and then become Empress?? Can viewers even accept that? I know I can't because this is supposed to be a Sageuk and not modern drama. The heroine of the drama can't be portrayed as some loose woman who sleeps with one man and then married another? When I've watched Chinese ancient dramas before, the women of those times couldn't even show a lot of skin let alone sleep around! I reallyyyyyy hope it doesn't come to that cos I'll be disappointed with the drama if it goes down that route and not because I'm a TH/SN shipper but it's out of character for uri SN. End of!! Lol

;;)

Guest serenity95x3

larabn said: serenity95x3 said
With that said, I'm curious about the potential conflict with the love child plot between WY and SY if it does play out. Wouldn't it cause an uproar in the palace because it was considered indecent and wrong for the emperor to be with someone whom, like SY, have been with another man in addition to already bearing a child? But maybe the writers will allow it since they did allow Tanasili to fall for WYand become obsessed with him, a man other then her husband. :-?

hunterdd said: EK already reached 20.2% in Episode 13. But it has gone down to 17.3%. I think Episode 13 is when WJ came to the capital, and each week the ratings were climbing. Note also ratings are a lagging indicator, so if some viewers dont like what happened this week, you wont see the effect until the next week when they watch something else.

After years of always just visiting this forum for almost every single drama I get addicted to, (yes I'm the silent reader) I decided to join the fun. Trust me this Empress Ki forum has been one of the best I've read these past few years. Picture me reading your posts at 1am and crying of laughter... this group is awesome!
Truly loving this drama, I know some people say it's getting slow... but we knew from the very beginning that this drama was not about Action, but about the romantic problems our Empress has to face while becoming the new Empress...
I'm with the WY-SN team, since episode 1... not leaving the ship, if it sinks I'll sink with it.
My fear for this drama is that our Empress will take the Queen Seondeok route and get all cold hearted - read my heart belongs to my nation kind of thing- unfortunately there is no Lord Bidam to come into play, unless that role is taken by TalTal after her King decides to let her go for the good of his people...which I wouldn't mind Tal-Sn is my lifeboat ...
And my take about the love-child plot... could it be that's the reason she marries the Emperor? To disguise her pregnancy? I've seen this cover up in other Saeguks - Bicheonmu comes to mind -

Guest bashful

TH is very aware of SN and he tries his best to make her smile...He calls SN over to also give her the opportunity to see the play. Also like the time TH claimed to have SN test his food for him (after SN heard the false news of WY death) but actually he was worried about her so he wanted to make sure she eats. TH has no power even though he is king but he tries to protect SN with everything he has.TH acts like a child but actually he quite caring and thoughtful when it comes to SN. He protects her quietly in his own ways. TH appears and act like a child outside but he is quit mature in the inside.

WY is the other hand seems mature in the outside but a child in the inside. LOL in this episode he was so jealous of SN and TH..WY was jealous and mad when he realize SN is slowly starting to accept TH..... I don't really like seeing the jealous side of WY. I prefer his character to be more clam and cool. 

Guest serenity95x3

stclaus said:And my take about the love-child plot... could it be that's the reason she marries the Emperor? To disguise her pregnancy? I've seen this cover up in other Saeguks - Bicheonmu comes to mind -