(OFFICIAL) Micheoseo Couple T♥G Taecyeon ♥ Gui Gui; Global Couple Thread !! TaecGui ♥ YeonJie Part 1

Admin

Guest labbit

Belle said: I feel like taec has been the cover of so many magazines lately.... Wondering where his popularity suddenly come from? (If you know what I mean) hihihi hihi.. :-\"

Guest bibidep

Thank you for the pictures of GuiGui's husband, and the video of their lovely scenes.  This thread will not be fun if we don't have the shipper like you.   Last few hours the husband posted this clip in his twitter and the video is kind like india music or custom hahah.  I have no idea what the song is about but if any of us know the lyrics in English please share, thank you.   Now wait and see what the wife respond hahah.

@Shermaine:  Did you just buy that??  Hihihi you want the toy like GuiGui but it not the same, very similar hahah.

Guest charliew

Belle said: I feel like taec has been the cover of so many magazines lately.... Wondering where his popularity suddenly come from? (If you know what I mean) hihihi hihi.. :-\"

Guest Midge Razak

Thank you for the pictures of GuiGui's husband, and the video of their lovely scenes.  This thread will not be fun if we don't have the shipper like you.   Last few hours the husband posted this clip in his twitter and the video is kind like india music or custom hahah.  I have no idea what the song is about but if any of us know the lyrics in English please share, thank you.   Now wait and see what the wife respond hahah.

@Shermaine:  Did you just buy that??  Hihihi you want the toy like GuiGui but it not the same, very similar hahah.

It's in korean. Reggae song. Seems the boys been twitting it. Artist Gome

Guest ShermaineL

Imofan said:

bibidep

wrote:

»

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeMfW-jVpok:  Did you just buy that??  Hihihi you want the toy like GuiGui but it not the same, very similar hahah.

Just done watching Who Are You ep9 and found out that there is a character named Yong gyeol in the drama. As we know that Yong gyeol is guigui's korean name!

I wonder is it WAY? PD teasing us! From gambei, jjandori and now Yong gyeol?!

Gunwoo said Yong gyeol in the drama as well as in wgwm while calling guigui! He didnt called guigui 'guigui' and he called her yong gyeol in one of the scene!

^

0.30sec onwards!!

@lmangla

Here you go!  As you requested.  But did somebody warn you [and the other single ladies among us. wink. wink.] to be careful of ANSWERED PRAYERS? lol. This is sooo long that I'm sure you'll get tired of me. But I dare not delay posting it for more editing and abridging as I’ve a couple more briefs coming up before Labor Day weekend.  Yes, I’m back in the US but my nose is kept to the grindstone…

It’s funny to read about your cupcake nightmare. My nightmare is that our Taecgui commentaries or worse! his abs photos would somehow end up on my google docs or powerpoint presentations. Oh well. At least I can reassure myself that that board meeting won’t deteriorate into a bored meeting.

So without much further ado, here’s my take on Episode 4.  

NB: Please for @elis_luvgeunscouple’s sake and mine, don’t quote the whole text. I’d be flustered to see this lengthy commentary more than once. Take care, y'all!

What I like:

1. Taec is easy to fluster. Borrowing his coat, teasing him with the sexy photo of a buxom bride, making him mimic a mermaid, requesting for mini-gowns for them both, goading him to walk like a penguin, plaguing him with Nichkhun, calling him out for his fake reaction to the 2nd gown, needling him with yeobo and oppa, pretending to be heartbroken over a message from Another Woman… All these antics made this show a classic, one-of-a-kind Taecgui episode that had us laughing like micheosso instead of dozing off as we awaited the bridal gown parade.

To the single ladies in the forum: Do you fancy marrying a more conservative or a more liberal person than yourself? Me? I always thought the entertainment value of perpetually shocking a self-restrained man would be worth his weight in gold, so I chose to marry a guy who was more conservative/less liberal than I was.  Likewise, by the 4th episode, Guigui had discovered the same thrill and triumph that I get every time we tease our prim-and-prudish namjjas.  She learned it was easy as child’s play to throw Taec off-balance, like when she offered to drink the wine in the fridge [Yah, Taec! We already saw a pic of you holding a brandy snifter, okay?] or to “do something together” in bed. So, this episode, she increased her teasing a notch…and Taec fell for it every single time.

One particular scene stood out in my mind.  It was the BTS interview where TY was explaining how GG didn’t want a sexy concept but a chic concept for the wedding photoshoot. Watch the translated segment on 2oneday website and see him dissolved from a serious man carefully parsing his words, to a flustered man who was begging the camera man to please edit his words because he was spouting nonsense. He displayed a whole gamut of emotions in a span of 2 minutes. At first, there was calmness, then amusement as he recounted the scene, then shock, denial, disbelief, rationalization, and lastly, a surrender as he walked away from the cameras. He was clearly boggled by Guigui and her impudent query, “Do you like it, oppa?”

That said, I think if Taec were a more provocative guy, he could have simply wiggled his eyebrows and teased her back with a bedroom voice, “Sure, Guigui. With you in that gown. Why not?”  But even in the BTS, he kept protesting his innocence and lamely excused himself as the type to look at a person’s heart, not the person’s body. [Yeah, Taec, we got it. You’re sexually repressed, so move on.] 

2. Guigui is easily flustered, too. If the goal of the first half was to fluster Taec, the second half was about agitating Guigui with Taec’s body contact and laser eyes. Tit for tat.

Like most of you, I wasn’t surprised with her Taec-jitters.  After all, didn’t she protest when Taec tried to touch her feet at the shoe café and break into giggles when they reenacted the City Hunter/Lee Minho sofa-kiss? However, what puzzled me at first was that she forgot to treat the photoshoot like any other acting job she’d done previously. Any professional actress would have known to look between the eyes, at the top of the nose, to avoid eye contact and cover up her embarrassment. Second, why was she even shy to look Taec straight in the eye? After all, it wasn't their first meeting and they had been in “tighter” situations before than this.

I do know this much about us: The reason we ladies hyperventilate each time Taecgui lock glances is because prolonged eye contact is one of the most romantic acts for our couple, short of actual kissing. As long as Taecgui were staring into each other’s eyes, there must be an emotional connection, even if it was for a second or two. So, perhaps then she was shy to look him in the eye because she felt vulnerable and susceptible to him? Or perhaps it was because Taec could remain steadfast and unwavering in his gaze – unlike her – and she was afraid he could read her thoughts? Did she feel emotionally exposed?

Also, I don’t think she confused “hot” for “cold” out there in the garden. I think she was indeed feeling “flushed” from his nearness, “hot” from embarrassment and “heated” from his intense gaze. She had honest-to-goodness reasons to fan herself. Lol. This is one blessing of language barriers.  

Belatedly, I noticed her eye movements. Check it out. Before she had her giggles, she had first glanced at Taec’s lips, then his eyes, then back to his lips, then his eyes once more. La! She was getting distracted by his lips! Look, too, when Taec lifted up her chin and her eyes bulged out like golf balls.  I think that our Guigui half-feared and half-anticipated her husband to kiss her during this time. That was why she had the bad case of the giggles. 

Yah! @bibidep! Your little daughter Guigui is having pervy thoughts just like you, the mother. What did you do to our innocent Guigui?!  But I swear: if Guigui had been a more flirtatious and sophisticated girl during the photoshoot, Taec wouldn't have found her half as endearing. Her combined uptight, sensitive, innocent, and awkward self, totally appealed to his protectiveness.

One last thing: I really like it that we could also glean Taec’s perspective of this moment. From his proposal letter: “Let us be honest. Do you feel something when you see me? During the wedding photoshoot, did you feel something different from the usual? Not being able to look at me straight. Laughing whenever I got closer.”

It appears that he too sensed something different about her during the photoshoot. He understood her jitters and nervousness to be caused by her growing awareness of him as Taec the husband and not just Taec the playmate. His words confirmed our vicarious thrills as armchair spectators that something was brewing between the two, and it wasn’t White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino with whipped cream. 

3. His tone of voice. I like to pay attention to their voices because, as we know, it’s not just what they say but also how they say it. Here in the forum, we’ve been doing very well analyzing Taecgui’s body language and eye contact. But since this is TV, we also have the extra advantage of “reading” their voices, specifically, tone, timing, pace, loudness, inflection, even the grunts.

The other thing I liked about the BTS segment I mentioned earlier was TY’s conversational tone with GG when he asked her for the photo album. Listen. He said, “Guigui, can I have it? Can I have it for a second?” Did you notice the change in his voice? He had been speaking Korean loudly and very excitedly to his interviewers, but the second he entered the room and spoke to GG, he toned down his voice. I like that he could express his annoyance loudly to the production crew, like when he bellowed, “Who’s been teaching her Korean?!” but once he faced Guigui and resumed conversing with her, he’d mute his volume in order not to frighten her.

Also, check out the moment when they were deliberating between the terms “oppa” and “yeobo.” In a whiny tone designed to annoy him, GG was chanting, “Oppa, oppa, oppa!” and all he could was to grin and bear it. Then, under his breath, almost unperceptively, he meekly said, “Araso.” This reminded me of Ep 13, when GG told him to “Always ganbei,” and he also whimpered, “Araso.” For me, these fleeting moments, when he suddenly drops his voice and murmurs to her, sounded like intimate conversations between normal couples.  [There was another time at the beach in Jejudo, when Guigui was hugging him because she lost the 3nd kaibaibo and he grunted, “Hmmph.”]  Of course, their body-mics could pick up anything they say but when they lower their voices just so, they seem to be in a world of their own where their words are just meant for each other and… we’re eavesdropping.

4. Tempers and temperaments. I subscribe to the theory that even the saintliest people on earth will have an occasional burst of temper. During this photoshoot, we saw Taecgui’s outbursts.

Frankly speaking, for somebody who was introverted as Taec was back then, having a gregarious and boisterous, and chatty-Cathy wife like GG, would take some getting used to. In the Ep 5 BTS, for instance, there was this segment when GG was cheering him on during the photoshoot, and he lost his cool. "Bosta! Bosta! Good! Good!" she praised from the sidelines. Then, Taec flared out, "Stop! Okay! Okay! [We got it already!]" and gestured her to be silent with a finger to his lips.  I could imagine Guigui going, “Pfffftt!”

Then, in this Ep 4, Guigui showed an unusual burst of temper as she swished the curtains together and grumbled, "Boring!" about Taec.  She was miffed about something we’re not exactly sure of. If we skip the couple’s BRIs and ignore the producer’s captions, and view that scene as a whole, uninterrupted, I think she was annoyed that Taec didn’t sufficiently react to her baiting. She teased him thrice.

The first one got a good reaction. Pounding on the table, he said, “Why are you asking for him? NK is not your husband!” She asked in return, “Are you angry?” When she shortly followed it up with, “You’ll send for NK?” Taec was busy taking her photo and ostensibly didn’t hear her [Yeah, right!]. He was purposely ignoring her. On her third try, she asked, “This picture will be for NK?” and he sternly said, “Wae? Why NK?” and she safely retreated with, “Just kidding.” When he wrapped his body in the curtains, he was snickering.

The caption interpreted it as he was going crazy because of the NK talks. For me, I think he was snickering because he knew Guigui’s game when she was continuously chattering about NK, and he was teasing her that she wasn’t going to get him that way. Nope, he wasn’t gonna bite. And that’s when Guigui asked him if he wanted to eat flowers and snapped out, “Boring!”

5. Paranoia vs jealousy. I already mentioned this elsewhere but to recap, being paranoid is different from being jealous. Although they both are symptomatic of a lack of trust, jealousy implies that there's a probable and perfectly rational reason for feeling resentful and anxious, while paranoia implies an irrational, extreme form of jealousy. I think it’s funny that while Guigui was provoking him to be jealous of NK, he was confident that Guigui would have no reason to feel jealous or paranoid over him.

This is why TY earned the ahjummas' cachet. We approve of him because he looks like the type to take fidelity and faithfulness seriously; he won't stray. As a matter of fact, when he called up to invite Kwanghee to the photoshoot, and Kwanghee was showing curiosity for the bridesmaids, he reminded Kwanghee that hey! You’re married too, so no wandering eyes. And when his fans showed up at the marketplace in Ep 10 and at Everland in Ep 14, he didn't go out of his way to entertain or chat them up like a typical idol would.

But Guigui's perspective on jealousy is 100% correct. She said that SHE felt happy to see Taec jealous because it meant that he liked her enough to feel possessive about her. True. And what’s sauce for the goose is ALSO sauce for the gander. Taec himself was tickled pink to see Guigui suspicious about an imaginary “Another Woman" and his own body language betrayed him, i.e., grinning, waving his fist, then her floral bouquet at her, swaying when she was punching his chest. And then he wondered aloud about her capricious-ness, “Why is she acting like this?"

Duh. Because it works, Taec.

Operation: Jealousy is a common trope used in WGM. When it comes to making the heart grow fonder faster, jealousy beats absence, hands down. But Operation: Jealousy only has comedic value if the actor/actress knows how to play along with it. Other couples have tried it, but if the lady becomes sulky, begins to pout or acts all hoity-toity, then it's counterproductive, and a mood-killer. The situation becomes uncomfortable for both the couple and the viewers. I don’t think it worked as well with the other couple on the show. 

With Taec, however, he probably tolerated the joke better -- and longer -- than most people. And, you must admit this, lmangla, it WAS a recurring theme that lasted practically the whole season. In only one Back Room Interview (BRI) do I recall him being visibly annoyed. It was in this Episode 4. His smile was forced, the cheek muscles were stiff, his jaw was sticking out and, if he were a dog, I’d say his fangs were out. But I think all his aggravation was worth it because he did receive the most satisfying outcome of all: his epic revenge at the Café Schneeballen. He got Guigui to recant BIG TIME. 

6. Her self-protection. In her BRI, GG said that if she expected too much [of the photoshoot], she might also be disappointed easily, so she was simply hoping it would all go well. Given her young age, I find her response interesting: she equated disappointment with her own unrealistic expectation. Normally, young people blame their unhappiness on somebody else and they see themselves as victims. This kind of mature insight on personal accountability is admirable.

But I agree with @angelangie that her early formative years in showbiz taught her to temper her expectations with realism. As we all know, this wouldn’t be the last time GG displayed a realistic perspective. In the Yes/No game, she had quickly assessed the 3rd question as a no-can-do because of practical considerations: distance and career [while Taec was philosophizing about “terminal” endings. lol]. I think her suitors would do well to keep this nugget of information about her character.

7. Their secret signal. GQ points for Taec for coming up with the secret signal for when she needed to take a break and rest from the tiring photoshoot. I like that he was thoughtful enough to consult his friends behind the scenes and that he was concerned enough to help Guigui and give her comfort during this long and stressing day. Although people often overlook his displays of solicitude for Guigui because they aren't showy and blatant, they've always been evident to GG and to us, Taecgui fans.   

What else did I like about Guigui?

1. Fuss-free. Compared to their crazy shenanigans, the actual event of choosing the gown was almost anticlimactic. It was low-keyed and fuss-free: she merely asked him, “You like this one?” then said, “You like, I like.” 

2. Straightforward logic. I really love Guigui’s syllogisms; her logic is very simple. Your mama is my mama. You like, I like. [Kiss female] animal: okay; [Kiss female] people: not okay.  If only all discords could be settled as easily as this….   

3. Lack of pretensions. Even when trying on her gowns, she didn’t ask, “Am I pretty?” Instead, she said, “Do YOU like this one?”  I absolutely love that our GG didn’t obsess about outward appearances and need her husband or other people to praise her beauty to infinity x infinity. You see, I’m not some shallow fan who’ll fawn over beauty ad nauseum. I’m nobody’s personal, subservient, gold-plated, enchanted, obsequious, talking MIRROR on the wall, and I’d absolutely crack into smithereens if I get more than 50 questions per episode about who’s the fairest one of all.

Lastly…[Do I hear a hallelujah from somewhere up in the peanut gallery?  Skip this part, then.]

I agree with you, lmangla, that contrast-and-comparison has a proper place in discussion. Mind you, I disagree with gratuitous comparisons which, like random product placements, distract from the subject. However, when contrasts are made to prove a point, or when comparisons dovetail with the topic, I think we the audience get a better understanding of what it is that we actually like. We don’t merely gush over fashion, weight loss or hair color but we actually engage in critical thinking. Or our version of "critical thinking" given that we live in a delusion/rational fan-girling world.  

To lurking anti-Taecgui fans: Please don’t overstay your welcome here. The exit doors are only a couple of right-clicks away.  

I think Ep 4 is a turning point in both couples’ stories. If Episodes 1 to 3 established the different personalities of the cast members, Ep 4 showed them ready to proceed with their gameplans.

With Taec, there were clear parameters between his likes and dislikes. The “pressuring” yeobo was out, for instance. If the concept wasn’t comfortable, bright, and fun, it was rejected. Even in their incipient stage, he had already grasped their “couple style.”  From the 1st Ep BTS, he inferred that, based on Guigui’s bubbliness, they weren’t going to be the typical couple following the regular rules. In numerous episodes afterwards, he reiterated their goals of a) having fun together, and B) creating good and happy memories.

Critics usually blame Guigui for the frivolity [as opposed to heavy romance] of their marriage but they forget that Taec had a large say in this, too. In a sense, he “dictated” the direction of their marriage – not with harsh and controlling words, but by the things he would approve or disapprove of. For all her crazy antics, GG was predisposed to follow him or grant his wishes. Sure, she would provoke him, but she knew that HER limits were proportional to HIS patience. [see how she’d always ascertain that he wasn’t mad after poking fun at him.] Yet, even when he WAS acting like the boss in the relationship, his primary concern was GG’s welfare. He took care of her wants and needs, first and foremost. Just watch the many gifs @angelangie, @akasia, @biru_angel and others have posted. Or remember how many chances he gave to Guigui in kaibaibo so she’d win and be spared from carrying him.

It’s clear from this episode onward that Taec’s gameplan would diverge from other lead male’s strategy. If you watch that gentleman’s ending BRI, and parse through his words, you’re left with the impression that he was kowtowing to his wife’s wishes. In the BRI, he confessed that he was getting rid of bits of himself in order to try to fit in with her image of a boyfriend. He admitted that he felt his relationship wouldn’t work if he didn’t try to get close to her ideals. [Ha! Talk about pressure. That was definitely more pressuring than yeobo.] Like Taec, he had perceived early on his wife’s personality, but responded differently. Instead of approaching the situation as a couple, he decided unilaterally to change himself to suit her, out of a [false] sense of unworthiness for her “love.” His decision explained his constant planning of major romantic events for his wife.  At the basic level, he did them in order to get to know her and to woo her; but on a primal level, it was to live up to her ideals.  

Note: while TY, too, admitted to a self-transformation after his exposure to GG, his change came about in the natural process of “molding” both their personalities together through shared common experiences, and not because of some lofty ambition to live up to GG’s expectations.  For her part, GG stated that, though she might have wished for some aspects to be different, she had always accepted him for what he was.

It should be obvious where I stand on this.  It would be hellish for any man or woman to endure living UP to somebody’s standards, for the rest of his or her married life. Personally, I don’t want to be lived UP to; I just want to be lived WITH. :)

-cdbarzun

Oh dear. I can’t feel my fingers anymore. I need a mocha frappuccino. Stat! 

Guest charliew

lamey said: Just done watching Who Are You ep9 and found out that there is a character named Yong gyeol in the drama. As we know that Yong gyeol is guigui's korean name!

Gunwoo said Yong gyeol in the drama as well as in wgwm while calling guigui! He didnt called guigui 'guigui' and he called her yong gyeol in one of the scene!

^
0.30sec onwards!!

lamey said:

Just done watching Who Are You ep9 and found out that there is a character named Yong gyeol in the drama. As we know that Yong gyeol is guigui's korean name!

^

0.30sec onwards!!

i wanna so watch this but am at work now..gotta wait for a few more hours..  Yong Gyeol? Where did this korean name comes from? Did Taec create her korean name?

Yong Gyeol is guigui's korean name. He did not create it. As Korean Hangul character have nt create, the korean emperor or dynasty used Chinese characters as their language. Till some era, the king planned to change their language system and hence created Korean Hangul. ( not too sure about it, just roughly get the idea as I took basic Korean level 1)

Thus, u see Taecyeon's name is Taecyeon but in Chinese character is 泽演. which pronounce as Ze Yen. Guigui's Chinese name is 映洁, Ying Jie. But for Korean they pronounce the word is Yang Gyeol. Hope I clarify properly for you and answer correctly based on your question.

Guest sshevolkth

miz-em

said: HONEY I'm HOME!!!!

;)

)

;)

)

;)

)

Look at this forum! the last time i was on we were on 645 pages! YOU ladies/gents ARE AMAZING! 

Its been so LONG since i've come home!  I feel almost like a newbie!!  hehehe.. partly my fault for not being on as much as i used.  BUT I've come bearing GIFTS!!!  It's been awhile since i've made an MV.  I must say holidays has been making me 10x more lazier then usual.  LOL..

All i'm going to say is: I MISS TAECGUI!!! 

Artist: Han Sunhwa & Yoo Youngjae
Song: 다 예뻐 (Everything Is Pretty)
majority of scenes from: handpicked from their happiest moments together

BTW: don't panic if the music doesn't start in the first few secs.. :)

ENJOY

Guest sshevolkth

lamey

said: Just done watching Who Are You ep9 and found out that there is a character named Yong gyeol in the drama. As we know that Yong gyeol is guigui's korean name!

^

0.30sec onwards!!

Archived