[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

OMG, what is this!!! Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub together in a show? With supernatural elements? Yes. Yes. Yes. Count me in. I'm super thrilled for this combination. On the other hand, I'm not as thrilled to know that the Hong sisters are in charge of the story. Granted that they have many hits, I've never been a real fan of any of their works. They always started out interesting but ultimately left me bored or dissatisfied, such as Hong Gil Dong, You're Beautiful, Big, My Girl. And their female characters aren't my cup of tea either (=_=). Hopefully, Hyo Jin would make it more appealing. I just love her acting in general.

The synopsis reminds me of Lee Min Ki's movie "Spellbound".

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

class="headline"Photos from script reading of 'The Sun Of The Lord' revealedSTAR N NewsBy Kim Dong-Joo | STAR N News – 47 minutes ago

Photos from script reading of 'The Sun Of The Lord' revealedView Photo

Photos from script reading of 'The Sun Of The Lord' revealed

Photos from the script reading of 'The Sun Of The Lord' were revealed.

Recently, the script reading of 'The Sun Of The Lord' was held at SBS Production Center located in Tanhyun, and So Ji Seop, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, Kim Yuri, Jung Ga Eun, Lee Jong Won, Kim Mi Kyung, Choi Jung Woo, and many other main actors and staffs attended.

During the script reading, all of the actors showed great concentrations, and showed great partnerships.

Even though many of them were meeting each other for the first time, they showed a great team work, raising anticipation for the new drama even higher.

So Ji Seop will be casting as Joo Joong Won, who is a selfish and greedy business owner, and he received a great number of compliments from the staffs for his great acting.

Gong Hyo Jin will be casting as a secretary who is suffering from insomnia after getting into an accident, and she made the atmosphere much brighter with her lovely personality.

Seo In Guk, who is casting as Kang Woo, and Kim Yu Ri, who is casting as a top celebrity, also showed great concentration on their roes. Jung Ga Eun also made other laugh with her bright and humorous personality, and Choi Jung Woo, Kim Mi Kyung, and Lee Jong Won also deeply impressed others with their great acting.

All of the actors showed great passion for the drama, going through long conversations with the writers and the director. The writers and the director all gave helpful advices to the actors, and showed great leaderships.

On the other hand, 'The Sun Of The Lord' will premiere on July 31st.

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and More Attend First Script Reading for 'The Sun of My Master'
So-Ji-Sub_1372899713_af_org.jpg

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and more recently held their first script reading session for the upcoming SBS drama, 'The Sun of My Master'.

'The Sun of My Master', as mentioned before, will be a drama about ghosts which seems to be a trend in K-drama land lately. So Ji Sub will play the role of Joo Joong Won who is a cold, ambitious boss while Gong Hyo Jin will play the role of Tae Gong Shil who is a sensitive assistant. What makes the romantic comedy interesting is its genre which fuses romance, comedy, and horror all into one with the story of Tae Gong Shil who can see ghosts following her accident and Joo Joong Won who learns to trust her and falls in love. Seo In Guk will also take on the role of Kang Woo, the head of a shopping mall security department, leaving fans curious on how he will get involved in this romance or the ghosts that will be present.

Bon Factory, the production company behind the drama, commented, "The cast had interest in the fusion of romantic comedy and horror which has become a new genre and are having fun while participating in it. We will bring out the 3 fundamental emotions from viewers. We will also work hard to create a new kind of drama."

'The Sun of My Master' will premiere on July 31st!

Credits: AllKpop

Another Fan made poster!! BOTH ARE HOT!!
5861_682625241752665_1980831140_n.jpg

( c) - The Sun Of My Master FB Group

1044704_682625221752667_2061958647_n.jpg

( c ) The sun of my master FB Group
:)>-

MUST SEE!! MUST SEE!!
And so ji sub oppa in the sun of my master shooting! hihihihi
:\">

list.php?id=sojisub&no=1014050&page=1&bb934982_488279001252900_1203042515_n.jpg

I one for sure will not watch this show at night,i have a weak heart and those gost look kinda creepy for me =)) poor girl to see them every night in her house,in the dark...that is a nightmare indeed

Guest sicknine

Dramabenad updated the script reading session
First script read for Hong sisters’ horror rom-com Master’s Sunby girlfriday | July 4, 2013 | 17 Comments

MastersSun1.jpg

Production is underway for the new Hong sisters horor romantic comedy Master’s Sun, starring Gong Hyo-jin and So Ji-sub, set to premiere later this month. It’s following I Hear Your Voice in SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday slot, which means we’re going straight from mind-reading hero to ghost-seeing heroine. Hm, I could get used to Superpower Wednesdays. Character descriptions accompanied the script read, and as expected the Hong sisters didn’t scrimp on the puntastic titles and character names, as is their custom.

So Ji-sub plays the rich I-see-everything-as-money hero Joo Joong-won (joong-won means “ruling position” or “supremacy”), and Gong Hyo-jin plays the I-see-dead-people heroine Tae Gong-shil (tae is “form/figure” and gong-shil is “empty room,” so literally “form in empty room” as in the creepy ghosts she sees). That also makes the pun version of the title Mr. Joo’s Ms. Tae, which, PFFFFFT. What can I say? The Hong sisters never met a pun they didn’t like.

The heroine suddenly develops the ability to see ghosts after an accident, and it freaks her out so much that she can’t sleep at night. She works as a secretary for the hero, a haughty executive of a shopping mall kingdom (Oh the product placement to come. Anthony would LOVE this.) and the drama promises a mix of chilling horror, sweet romance, and laugh-out-loud comedy. Yes please. I’m begging you — bring back the funny.

Co-starring is Seo In-gook (Answer Me 1997) as an ex-soldier and head of security (I’m thinking chaebol executive private security, not yunno, mall cop… though come to think of it, that’d be funnier). Kim Yuri (Alice in Cheongdam-dong) plays a top star, and since her character’s last name is Tae, she must be related to the heroine. I hope the love square isn’t between sisters. Man, that would suck. And Jung Ga-eun (A Thousand Kisses) plays a meddlesome busybody who brings the laughs.

I’m looking forward to So Ji-sub for the first time ever, mostly because his conceited and self-involved character actually sounds like the perfect thing to mesh his star persona with to make for side-splitting comedy. I hope that’s what they’re going for, because I can actually see myself liking him if he can make fun of himself. And Gong Hyo-jin is love love love. With PD Jin Hyuk of City Hunter and Prosecutor Princess at the helm, all around it’s got great ingredients for a fantastic drama. Not that we haven’t been burned by that before, but let’s just hope this drama’s got enough magic to make up for old wounds.

Master’s Sun follows I Hear Your Voice and premieres July 31 on SBS.

MastersSun2.jpg

Guest jjsweeter0211

"Master's Sun" So Ji-sub is chic and proud

Source | 2013/07/04 | 

photo324477.jpg

So Ji-sub was seen filming the new SBS drama "Master's Sun" last month.

So Ji-sub takes on the role of Joo Joong-won, a director of his own company who is so tightfisted in money that he puts a price tag on everyone he knows.

So Ji-sub had a small prep talk with producer Jin Hyeok before the camera started rolling and monitored his scenes whenever he got the chance. A big water tank was needed at the scene on this day to create a stormy scene. So Ji-sub still managed to act out the cold and sensitive character in the pouring rain.

Apparently, he has been analyzing his character ever since the first day and has earned faith. All his efforts come to life when he stands in front of the camera.

So Ji-sub's "Master's Sun" is about a cold-hearted man and a woman who has the ability to see ghosts. The cast includes, So Ji-subKong Hyo-jinSeo In-gukKim Yoo-ri-I and more. To be aired on the 31st if this month after "I Hear Your Voice".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

I was going to post some of those stills.  Thanks for posting So Ji Sub is hot.  I had to wonder if the person in the raincoat was GHJ or a ghost.   Anyway does anyone understand the title Master's Sun or The Lord's Sun or The Sun of the Master.  The second one makes me think of God, God so that made more sense but the other two don't jive for me and I was wondering if anyone made sense of the title or are they just running with it because GHJ and SJS are in the drama?

@vaberella

Well, I would go with the possibility of the Master being SJS. As in Dramabeans's update posted here, "Joo Joong-won (joong-won means “ruling position” or “supremacy”. So he's the master here. As for the Sun, I would think of the title as if said by Gong Hyo-jin for if she works for him, then he's her master. I read here that when she touches him, all the ghosts around her disappear. So maybe that's what she means by "The Sun of my Master"; his ability to drive the ghosts away. If she has difficulty sleeping (at night )then she probably only sees ghosts at night. Hence, him coming to her life, making ghost disappeare from her nights is like him having his own Sun that turnes her nights into a good ghosts free time like her days. I can't think of any other explaination for the title in its three versions. Of course the drama may suggest something totally the other side so let's wait and see :)

Archived