[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG OMG OMG @mywebfoot
Can you believe that today I switched on the tv and went to the channel which was airing Korean dramas (Heirs was going on) .. and it was the first episode of Master's Sun !! Talk about coincidence... I was seriously freaked out... 
So Ji Sub's tamil dub seriously is so crappy I want to go stalk dubber and tell him to Kyo Joh!

So my sis and I am watching one episode per day... 
And today my sis said: "It would be better to watch atleast 2 episodes per day =))... You know what would happen next, But what about me? :'( I feel like watching the next episode =))" 
I'm ready to marathon the whole thing again to be honest... if only she knew that =)) ... Too bad she has to go to college tom morn... so I said NO (I'm a strict sister =)) ) Besides we had to wait a week for episodes... I'm being very lenient =))

Guest mywebfoot

@sunset90 you are an excellent sister. You brought her into the SUN to meet the MASTER. She should swear sisterly allegiance forever. :)
Funny side story:One day last week, a classmate decided to do a presentation on cancer. In his opening slide, he said" Cancer is a favorite kdrama trope", showing pictures of kdrama characters in hospital bed.... except that one of them was Joo Joong Won in his coma scene and I wanted to leap up and yell, "THAT'S WRONG! He was in a COMA! Because he saved his lady love from a STABBING! and He was not SICK, he was busy roaming the spiritual REALMS!"
Think that will get me an A?

@mywebfoot said: @sunset90 you are an excellent sister. You brought her into the SUN to meet the MASTER. She should swear sisterly allegiance forever. :)
Funny side story:One day last week, a classmate decided to do a presentation on cancer. In his opening slide, he said" Cancer is a favorite kdrama trope", showing pictures of kdrama characters in hospital bed.... except that one of them was Joo Joong Won in his coma scene and I wanted to leap up and yell, "THAT'S WRONG! He was in a COMA! Because he saved his lady love from a STABBING! and He was not SICK, he was busy roaming the spiritual REALMS!"
Think that will get me an A?

Guest aaa1188

Ok, I am rewatching the master's sun to get over Hajina .... o boy, what difference a good script and a "not so good" script made....

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this scene... "His please just go away.. I need my personal space ... "

Caption: Sometimes you just want your alone time,but your parents keep telling you something…

(He nailed it as usual :)
Parents stop to listen to what you just said... 
tumblr_nmswc7rdgt1rdufa9o1_540.gif

And they still try to open their mouth to say something... tumblr_nmswc7rdgt1rdufa9o2_540.gif

@sojisubaddicted That story was hilarious isn't it? But It would very nice to see Joo JOong won in my class  ;))... 
We would be daydreaming about JJW and suddenly the presentation has JJW in it, I'd be like someone is exposing my daydream =)) .. 
@mywebfoot would have been like this in class: 
 "THAT'S WRONG! He was in a COMA! Because he saved his lady love from a STABBING! and He was not SICK, he was busy roaming the spiritual REALMS!" ... 
Oh damn this is a class .. I should control myself... tumblr_nluvthz1k71rdufa9o8_r1_250.gif
I should control myself =))

I think I fell into the blackhole of Master's Sun. The funny thing is I didn't even see it coming. 
So, after spending an entire year studying for an important exam that I took in December, I decided to catch up on Kdrama since I pay for Dramafever. I started watching several well received drama including My Love From Anther Planet and I Can Hear Your Voice and then I discovered Master's Sun. I honestly don't know how I ended up watching this drama like ten times or so in the past two months and I don't get bored at all. The conversations, particularly between JJW and TGS, are so entertaining in many ways. I can't believe how hard I've fallen for this couple. Now I'm trying to ease myself off this drama by watching American shows instead because just hearing the Korean language makes me only want to watch Master's Sun. I think I need rehab from Master's Sun. 7f5341cc.gif

celebrianna said: I think I fell into the blackhole of Master's Sun. The funny thing is I didn't even see it coming. 
So, after spending an entire year studying for an important exam that I took in December, I decided to catch up on Kdrama since I pay for Dramafever. I started watching several well received drama including My Love From Anther Planet and I Can Hear Your Voice and then I discovered Master's Sun. I honestly don't know how I ended up watching this drama like ten times or so in the past two months and I don't get bored at all. The conversations, particularly between JJW and TGS, are so entertaining in many ways. I can't believe how hard I've fallen for this couple. Now I'm trying to ease myself off this drama by watching American shows instead because just hearing the Korean language makes me only want to watch Master's Sun. I think I need rehab from Master's Sun.

@celebrianna said: I think I fell into the blackhole of Master's Sun. The funny thing is I didn't even see it coming. 
So, after spending an entire year studying for an important exam that I took in December, I decided to catch up on Kdrama since I pay for Dramafever. I started watching several well received drama including My Love From Anther Planet and I Can Hear Your Voice and then I discovered Master's Sun. I honestly don't know how I ended up watching this drama like ten times or so in the past two months and I don't get bored at all. The conversations, particularly between JJW and TGS, are so entertaining in many ways. I can't believe how hard I've fallen for this couple. Now I'm trying to ease myself off this drama by watching American shows instead because just hearing the Korean language makes me only want to watch Master's Sun. I think I need rehab from Master's Sun. 7f5341cc.gif

Sunset90, I actually liked that it got extended. Even though there weren't a lot of OTP scenes, which I'm fine with as long as the time is used wisely or rather, is not wasted like I find a lot of Kdrama do, I liked that they incorporated the fact that TGS finally met someone who lives in the world that she lives in. I think she needed to be confronted with that because of the story of the Wolf and Lamb that symbolized her relationship with JJW. Here she had a chance to experience a possible friendship and maybe an eventual relationship with someone who shared her world but ultimately I think it made her realize that no matter if JJW could not see the same things that she could, he was the one she loved and wanted to spend the rest of her life with. That's one of the reasons I love the rooftop scene so much. 
I also think TGS really needed to regain her self-confidence. If we think about it, the only people who thought she was "good enough" for JJW were Secretary Kim and Kang Woo. I liked that she confessed to JJW that after she started to like him she started to hate how low her life had gotten. I think that was very important for her to consider because I don't think it would have been healthy for her to just start an official relationship with JJW without at least trying discover the reason why she ended up that way and trying to fix her life. See, as much as I like love scenes and couples, I like good storytelling. 
Most importantly, when all was said and done, even before the final OTP scene happened, they had already cemented my opinion that these two would last through thick and thin. Even though their worlds were different, they got along so well (even when they were at odds) that I couldn't see anything but "forever" for them.
As to other drama getting me excited, my mind is on the older drama Secret Garden. I tried to watch it five times over the past three years and I just can't get past the first couple of episodes. I'm going to try again but maybe romcom truly is truly not my forte. That's why Master's Sun worked for me because it has a blend of many things and I really do find that it used the time wisely. Plus, I really enjoyed the cast in TMS. 

@celebrianna Ofcourse I loved TGS's change in character and I loved the part where she met someone from the past and got to rediscover herself. I never said anything against that. But if you watch episode 15-16 many times and compare it with all the other episodes. You can see the differences in the editing. 
The early episodes are so fast. The pacing doesn't let us even breathe for a minute. The scenes of these two episodes were great but if you look closely you would see longer cuts of JJW walking (for eg)  or longer scenes which were secret fillings =)). Blame it for me watching a million times =)). 
Had this been 16 episodes, I'm sure TGS's development would have still been a part but the speed would have made us sit on the edge of the seat. When you watch everything together and marathoning you won't catch it. But if you had watched like me, livestream with a week gap between 2 episodes. You would have clearly seen the difference. 
Watching it while it is airing gives us lot of time to analyse each and every frame. The whole thread would have talked talked talked for a week about the episodes. 

Oh, another thing to realize is that although our beloved OTP might not have had a lot of scenes together in the last episode, we saw that even when they were sharing scenes with other people, they were thinking of each other. I very much appreciated the story's short focus on the trashman adjussi. I find it so endearing that while TGS was gone from JJW's life, he probably spent time with the trashcan adjussi just so he can feel closer to TGS. I mean, how sweet is that? He can't even see or hear the trashcan ghost and yet it was comforting to him to hear that trashcan bang when he talked to the trashcan adjussi about TGS. 
Also, in every scene with someone else, if I'm not mistaken, TGS talked about JJW. She told her sister that she planned to buy the building because someone told her he would give her a chance if she owned the building. She told the liquor-loving ghost that she ruined her plans because of her unexpected meeting with JJW. She told his aunt that she intended to hold unto him tightly and live by his side. She told KW that she gathered all the sun she had in order to come back to the side of the man she loves. She told the two cute little boys that she intended to live with JJW because they basically can't live without each other. She told Secretary Kim that now that she had purchased the building she's met the basic criteria for JJW's consideration. Basically, TGS spent the last episode re-affirming her love for JJW with anyone who had ears to listen. lol 
On JJW's side, his impatience to be officially reunited with her was nice to watch. He even wants to get married as soon as possible. Now, think about it. This is a guy who had four public engagements and didn't care that people talked about him breaking them off. In other words, he's a capricious man. Yet, here is JJW practically chomping at the bit to get married in as little time as possible to TGS. That sincerely moved me especially when I look back on his journey towards the man he became. A man who tears up when he talks about his love and desire to marry while talking to the trashcan adjussi. So sweet. 4e5dd44a.gif

Sunset90, I didn't see your post until now. I hear you. I never watch drama live. I always wait until they're finished. I also do the same with tv shows here in the US and in England. I like binge watching so I don't have the patience to wait weekly for a show. Watching TMS as a whole is really satisfying for me. Since no show is perfect, I always make allowances for minor things that I thought that could have been done better. :) 
About TMS,itI makes me ponder a lot. I still find it a strange dichotomy the way JJW was practically still traumatized by his past relationship with CHJ and yet something else began to grow in his heart after meeting TGS while also reviving the trauma and hurt of his past love with CHJ. Clearly he was still hurt during that scene where Hee jo possessed TGS' body as well as in the early episodes of the drama. He also remained afraid of finding out too much about what happened with Hee jo even while he was falling in love with TGS. It's complicated, I guess. I don't think he still loved Hee jo but I think the betrayal he felt still affected his ability to trust someone and here was TGS unlocking his heart while he was totally unaware. I still try to figure all this out when I watch TMS.

Archived