[Drama 2013] The Queen's classroom 여왕의 교실

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NEWMARIO

class="post-title entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; font-size: 20px; font-family: Arial, tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; color: rgb(30, 89, 142); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 1px; line-height: 22px; overflow: hidden; "Super Junior’s Ryeowook sings for ‘The Queen’s Classroom’ OSTryeowook.jpg
After the release of SHINee’s “Green Rain”, fellow SM Entertainment artist, Super Junior’s Ryeowook also participated in the official soundtrack for MBC ‘The Queen’s Classroom’.

On July 26, Ryeowook released his latest single titled, “Maybe Tomorrow.” The soundtrack was first played on the 13th episode of the show and received much attention from the viewers with Ryeowook’s soulful voice.

cr:dkpopnews.net

Guest NEWMARIO

Super Junior’s Ryeowook Sings for ‘The Queen’s Classroom’

intresting
  •   

• Facebookweiborenren

• 1Rating

2013.07.26 11:01  CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

In the midst of his busy schedules, Super Junior’s Ryewook lent his voice to MBC’s The Queen’s Classroom.

60014122.jpg

On July 26, Ryeowook’s song, Maybe Tomorrow will be released as a part of The Queen’s ClassroomOST. The quiet song with a beautiful piano piece is about believing in yourself and never losing hope. 

The song has been featured in the drama on July 24 for episode 13. 

Fellow SM singers, SHINee and SNSD′s Sunny have also participated in the OST. 

Meanwhile, Ryeowook is currently keeping himself busy by acting as Troy in High School Musical. He will be performing at Supershow 5 with the Super Junior members on July 27 and 28 at the Tokyo Dome. 

Photo Credit: SM Entertainment

Guest gerbera

I loved the dream sequence and  the questioning scene at the end of E14 especially this beautiful exchange-

Ha-na - Teacher, in the world, those who can be happy in life, you said only 1% could be happy. Why is that?

Teacher - Because that is your reality in life.

Ha-na - I don't think that is true.

Teacher - And so?

Ha-na - Seo-hyeun says she is happy when reading a book, but Oh Dong-goo says he is happy when playing with insects, and Bo-mi says she is happy when she is drawing a cartoon, but I am happy when Bo-mi drew a cartoon. I don't think happiness is set in stone. Just as friends are all different, because the happiness is different for each friend. Therefore, for the 25 of us in our class, wouldn't there be 25 different happinesses? If it was like that, I think all 25 of us in our class can be happy.

Teacher - Sim Ha-na. Believe what you believe. And don't ever forget it. (pauses and looks at her classmates, some in tears). You all too.

I love the questioning scene too. So now we know the Teacher's intention behind all of her actions as Dong Goo has summed it up for us--in order to teach them, she became their enemy so they'd be united and fight to win.

What I am wondering is why the guy from Board of Education said she's not fit to be a teacher. He looked pleased with Teacher Ma's answers so I don't think he thought she's a bad teacher. He said he'd include his reasons in the investigation report. So I guess we'll know in the next episode, but that can't stop my curiosity. ;))

Only 2 more episodes. The Queen's Classroom, fighting! =D>

Love this drama. Teacher Ma is teaching her students about unity, the consequences of their action and repercussion, about having a voice and using them. I marathon this drama for the past few days and had loved it. Lots of moving and heart warming scenes. Some in reality will not happen as seen in the drama but you get what the drama is trying to portray especially in the current world that is so result driven that a lot of mental illness and suicides are starting as young as primary school students. The society should re-examine what they want for their future generation. It would be interesting to watch the Japanese version for comparison.

Guest NEWMARIO

[HanCinema's Drama Review] The Queen's Classroom Episode 14

2013/07/28 | 23 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo331506.jpg

It's all about repercussions this episode. Ma Yeo-jin has decided to teach her class in a very questionable manner and despite being given many chances to change her ways, she does not change. At the behest of Na-ri's power hungry mother and the ladder climbing vice principal, the school board has sent it's most morally sound member to investigate Ma. The investigator finds her unacceptable, which is not a surprise. However, the investigation process is the heart of the episode.

We've seen glimpses of humanity in Ma that become more frequent as the drama has progressed. During those moments, Ma genuinely seemed to enjoy the happiness of the children. But then she proceeded to break them down again. It makes the overall message of the show a mixed one. While Ma is, in the end, helping the kids, she is hurting them in order to help them. I asked this before: is the outcome worth it? The investigator from the school board doesn't think so. I don't think so. The positive messages are overwhelmed by Ma's extreme pedagogical methods.

photo331517.jpg

Ha-na supporting her friends

This episode also explores the effects of Ma's teaching on the kids. When questioned by the investigator, they are hesitant to tell the truth and Ma in trouble. The kids see that she has done good for them. Ma has united her class and reconnected them with her parents. But they also see that the way she did it was wrong. They have trouble deciding between whether or not punishing her for the torture is right, or letting her go because the outcome of the torture was good. They pity and fear her. It's an interesting situation. Could the children's feelings include a bit of Stockholm's Syndrome-esque symptoms?

I'm inclined to agree with the parents: they want Ma ousted. Although Ma may be well-intentioned, her methods were not right and should not be repeated. That is what makes this show a mixed bag of tricks for me. I want to see the well-intentioned Ma fall because good intentions do not make a good solution. But at the same time, kids coming together and seeing past each others' faults and shortcomings is something that people really do need to learn. The kids banded together against Ma's crazy punishments during this episode, supporting each other when they got into trouble. And, Ma found Dong-goo's mother so he wouldn't be alone when his guardian, Madame Oh, dies from a terminal disease. How do we punish someone who achieves good things through vile methods? It reminds me of the dilemma that Dr. Gregory House posed to the medical world. Do you let an immoral, rude, cantankerous, dismissive doctor save your life even though it leaves you emotionally scarred afterwards?

photo331516.jpg

Dong-goo's mother after meeting with Ma

In the end, "The Queen's Classroom" makes the viewer think. We watch and gape and gasp and yell. We disagree and agree and shake our heads. Despite the severity of the pacing issues, the psychological element that is so integral in the story is what makes it strong. As Ma Yeo-jin messes with her children heads, she messes with ours, too. We seriously question all the issues she broaches. Using children and school as a vehicle is one of the best ways to make this happen because children are one of the hottest and most sensitive political and social subjects in the world.

How the drama ends isn't the most important issue because of the darkly thoughtful nature of the show. However, I am very interested to where the story will go. What moral conclusion will it make? Or, will it leave the viewers to draw their own conclusions? Or, will it avoid morality entirely ? Ma passed out in the very last scene of the show. She seemed stressed by the investigation and by the trauma from her past. She had been jailed for becoming violent with a student and perhaps that still deeply troubles her. But because she passed out, will the show focus on a possible illness instead of punishment? Or was the loss of consciousness just from stress and shock? I hope the show continues to address the issues it has presented and doesn't cop out.

Written by Raine from Raine's Dichotomy

"The Queen's Classroom" is directed by Lee Dong-yoon, written by Kim Eun-hee-II and Kim Won-seok and features Ko Hyeon-jeong, Seo Sin-ae, Kim Sae-ron, Ricky Kim, Kim Hyang-ki and Choi Yoon-yeong-I.

cr: hancinema.net

Guest pelicancharm

TV: The Queen's Classroom

Saturday, July 27, 2013  korean dramas, the queen's classroom, tv  53 comments

201307280926311110_1.jpg
Article: "The Queen's Classroom" prevents viewer suicide, a drama that teaches a smart lesson

Source:
Newsen via Nate

Article talks about the drama's message board being flooded with viewers who feel inspired by the drama and one viewer in particular who was going to commit suicide until he felt touched by one of Go Hyun Jung's lines and felt the will to live again.

1. [+292, -9] The lead roles are little children but the actual content speaks a lot to the hearts of adults

2. [+262, -16] This is what I'd call a real drama. Not something to just watch and feel entertained over but a drama that teaches you the real meaning of something. Amidst so many dramas these days talking about nothing but affairs and makjangs, this drama really teaches you about the meaning of life!!!! Where could you ever find a drama like this...

3. [+152, -3] After seeing so many dramsa about poor girls getting married to the heirs of rich companies, dramas like this are a refreshing change

4. [+16, -2] The plot is high quality. Adults will enjoy this drama for sure because it makes you think about so many issues. Unlike other dramas that become an escape from reality, this drama has such a strong plot that forces you to think.

5. [+15, -1] The reason people like Go Hyun Jung is that she doesn't choose makjang dramas. From Hourglass to Queen Seonduk, Daemul, etc... she picks only the best so she's an actress you can trust before you watch.

Credit : Netizenbuzz

I'm glad this show is getting a lot of solid comments despite the low ratings. So sad to see it ending this week.

Archived