[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

class="at_title"'Heirs' Continued Popularity, OST Recording Artists Lee Hong Ki and Others Top Taiwan Digital Music Chart

By Dorothy A | January 10, 2014 02:10 PM EST

"The Heirs" promotional poster (Photo : SBS)

The drama 'Heirs' starring Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho is making its global rounds.  And in its trail, artists, whether K-pop or not, who participated in its OST track are reaping benefits.

'Heirs' released the Taiwan version of the OST earlier this week.  On release, Lee Hong Ki, lead vocalist for rock band FTISLAND, catapulted to the top of  Taiwan and Hong Kong KKBOX charts for lending his voice to the drama OST's main track 'I'm Saying'.  With the week drawing to a close, the full success of the soundtrack album is evident.

1005665_727869997238320_1011963743_n-png

In Taiwan, Lee Hong Ki topped the My Music chart with the drama's lead song. "My Music" is Taiwan's online music download site.  2AM Changmin trails not so far behind at #2 with his own contribution to the soundtrack.   In fact, it looks like all of the soundtrack's songs made it to the top for the week of January 2-9.  It's definitely not bad to kick off the year!

The drama "Heirs" aired their final episode in Korea on December 12th.   Back in November, it was reported to have sold rights to at least 13 countries while still being broadcasted in Korea.  Taiwan is one of the countries to have obtained an airing license.  With its recent broadcast in Taiwan, the popularity of drama is once again proven with the successful sales record of the soundtrack.  Most actors and recording artists who participated in  the drama and the soundtrack are popular in Taiwan.

Lee Hong Ki momentarily had to stop activities due to an injury in December.  FTISLAND, who was promoting their most recent mini album at the time also had to stop. Lee Hong Ki recovered quickly and is now back to filming his upcoming drama "The Hundred Year Bride".  

2AM's Changmin was last in Taiwan for a performance with 2AM for Nocturne in December.

source: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/73183/20140110/heirs-continued-popularity-ost-recording-artists-lee-hong-ki-and-others-top-taiwan-digital-music-chart.htm

I so agree with THIS. One of the reasons why I like the Kim Tan character so much despite his flaws is his honesty. And it's completely understandable if you look at the rest of his family...It might not be the best idea to be always this open and straight with his feelings but it's his choice and it's admirable and as Won said requires a lot of strength. :x
More than anything, I admire how honest and straightforward Tan is with his feelings.He spent his childhood being around so many people who suppressed their inner feelings, so Tan want to fully express his sincerity to the people he cares about. Admirable Kim Tan. (cr the inheritors)
tumblr_my5us4oVVw1siqvhio6_250.giftumblr_my5us4oVVw1siqvhio7_250.gif
cr the inheritors

myinnerbattles said: i haven't been here for some time, but i really need to rant about this, so i'm sorry guys...
i can't explain how pissed off i am. i mean seriously, the production team knew exactly that this drama was so popular abroad, so why the hell didn't they make the DVDs region code free??????? we have region code 2 here and i have no idea if we have a dvd player for region 3,4,5,6, since my dad's the one buying all the eletronics and i doubt he knows that as well. i'm just so UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH LIKE REALLY NOW?!?!?!?!?! i was even willing to pay 200 euros for that set or even more i didn't care how much, since i wanted it so badly and now this?!?!?!?! X( X( X(
it's not the first time i bought DVDs from south korea, i used to buy dong bang shin ki concert DVDs back then and they were smart enough to make it region code free... WHY WHY WHHHHYYYYYY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! :(:(( :(( :((

Guest almontel

beamonkr said: myinnerbattles said: i haven't been here for some time, but i really need to rant about this, so i'm sorry guys...
i can't explain how pissed off i am. i mean seriously, the production team knew exactly that this drama was so popular abroad, so why the hell didn't they make the DVDs region code free??????? we have region code 2 here and i have no idea if we have a dvd player for region 3,4,5,6, since my dad's the one buying all the eletronics and i doubt he knows that as well. i'm just so UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH LIKE REALLY NOW?!?!?!?!?! i was even willing to pay 200 euros for that set or even more i didn't care how much, since i wanted it so badly and now this?!?!?!?! X( X( X(
it's not the first time i bought DVDs from south korea, i used to buy dong bang shin ki concert DVDs back then and they were smart enough to make it region code free... WHY WHY WHHHHYYYYYY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! :(:(( :(( :((

I love Park Shin Hye so I really wanted to like this drama, but I couldn't go on anymore after Ep 8. It's like a joyless version of "Boys Over Flowers." 

@seophi
Heirs is certainly more melo than Boys over Flowers which is your typical shojo manga story. lol I didn't watch Heirs for a single actor but I can imagine that it would be tough to watch because the writer of this drama usually favors the male characters and tries to give every single character their time to shine. Personally I really liked PSH's character ES but storywise she certainly comes after Kim Tan and YD.

Since you're a fan of PSH, I assume you've watched Flower Boy Next Door, if you haven't, watch it PSH is really awesome in it.

Agree with you @ravairie :)) I do understand. not that everyone have to love this drama. I just cant help but talking to myself, "whats not to like about this drama" if you are a fan of love/romantic drama, this one had EVERYTHING!!! The cast and the dialogues is great. lots of funny moments, so romantic, so emotional, brought me to tears of sadness and joy. Got my heart race most of the time esp the last min of the episode. i can still remembered the feeling of my heart ache in this drama. I rate this drama 9/10. My all time favorite :)

Not sure if this was posted before?  Since Park Hyung Sik is spokes model for Marmot, here's a little BTS video.  I guess Marmot sponsored the camping scene.

credit YT video: Marmot Korea

I love how at
Park Shin Hye is like "Hey, hurry up and come here!"  I think she was saying to Kim Woo Bin since next scene KWB is there.

Towards the end at 3:10, just a little greeting:   (He's just too adorable isn't he?  :x)
Park Hyung Sik:  Hello, this is Park Hyung Sik, spokes model of Marmot.  Today, we filmed well and because of Marmot, we were able to film warmly.  Everyone, thank you and please give much love to Marmot and to Park Hyung Sik as well.  Everyone please spend your winter warmly. Marmot, fighting!

Guest Eun Jung1430293228

photos?pid=5972780425655317618&oid=10493Kim+Ji+Won.jpgKang+Ha+Neul.png
During an interview done with Newsen after SBS’s The Heirs ended, Kim Ji Won confessed that filming a kiss scene made her get closer to her co-star Kang Ha Neul.

Anyeong... It's been a while for me to come to this thread.. Looks so silent now.. Hehehe... It's okay since we need to move on in life too.. :-bd I just want to share my thoughts since i'm watching wed-thurs drama after Heirs finish. I like the drama, but some how still felt different from Heirs. The feeling you know.. I went crazy like really crazy waiting for the next wed thurs to come after finish each episode. And i have to say, seeing Kim Soo Hyun cried in Man From Another Star in ep 12 epilogue, make me remember Kimtan's crying scene on ep 17 still the best acting EVER!!! ^:)^ I really miss KimTan and EunSang and all the Jeguk spoiled brat kids soooooo much... And i never felt this since Boys Over Flower, my 1st Kdrama that make me leave US drama. The funny thing was, my last US Drama was Gossip Girl.. =D> Anyway... Have a nice week end to all of you... :-* :-h

For those who pre-ordered the DVD, I think this is the latest update, its dated 1-26-14 around midnight - 1am. 

The Heir’s Director’s cut DVD team, 4th meet up with the Publishing company.

Today, The Heir’s Director’s cut DVD team had a meeting with the publish company from 4~7pm.

Before the actual notice, we would like to ask for your understanding regarding about the meeting. Since we had the meeting with the publishing company, we couldn’t get any final answers from them. It takes time for us to get the final answers from the production company since the publishing company has to contact them. There will be some time needed for us to hear the final answers from the production company. We are so sorry about this, and we hope that “The Heir’s” fan could understand our circumstances.

The following are the content of the meeting.

1.Negotiation about the actor’s  interview running time.

In the past, none of any drama interviews nor the individual interviews were longer than 40 minutes. Also there has never been interviews where the supporting actress has a longer interview running time than the main actress. We had many requests about changing the main actresses interview running time to 40 minutes, but it was impossible because then the interviews will take up to much time in the additional videos. After the negotiation we have been adjusting the interview running time to Leeminho 23minutes/Parkshinhye 23minutes/Kimwoobin 18minutes.

2. Additional Videos.

We got a reply that it is impossible for a re-edit on the Ep1~8 making videos, but we requested again for a re-edit on specific parts and the publishing company has accepted it.

For an addition we have requested for more making videos (bts) for Ep9~20, especially mainly more videos about the main characters. Also we have requested to change all the remaining time (after deleting the fan-made OST music videos and the actor’s interview) to making videos (bts).

3. Re-edit of the deleted scenes.

We were informed that the deleted scenes were edited by the transparentor himself, and that since in a transparentor’s cut dvd, the transparentor has all the right about the editing, the publishing company couldn’t give us a clear answer about the re-editing. But they promised us that they would consistently contact the transparentor about the issue. We told the publishing company about the concerns that many fans had about the edited scenes. Also, we strongly appealed to the publishing company about the scenes that the fans would want to see in the re-edited videos. We have also told them that 27 minutes isn’t the right amount of time for a specification of a transparentor’s cut dvd, and that even the added 27 minutes won’t meet any of the fan’s satisfaction.

The detailed story about the publishing company will be posted as a notice very soon.

To talk about it very briefly, the publishing company has been very favorable towards the opinions of the fans and the “The Heir’s” transparentor’s cut DVD team. But on the other hand the production company hasn’t been like that since the beginning. There has been a lot of troubles between the production company and the publishing company + The Heir’s transparentor’s cut DVD team. For the past few weeks, we have suggested many ideas about the DVD to the production company, but many of them were rejected. We know that many of the fans are having a nervous feeling about our team ever after the specification of the DVD was opened. But we would like to tell you that our team is also in the same position as all the fans, and that what the fans want is what we want. The meeting was held today by the request of the publishing company. We told them that as we mentioned before, if the DVD’s specification doesn’t change the way as we requested, we are willing to have a boycott.

There has been many stuff going on recently, but The Heir’s” transparentor’s cut DVD team and the publishing company have been trying out best for a good DVD.

We will make a notice about the confirmed answers from the production company as soon as they give us an answer. Thank you so much.

credit: DC gallery

Exiting! I love that they requested more making videos!  :x  It's not like SBS kept releasing them like they did with other SBS dramas.... [-( So if ther aren't a  lot of BTS and making videos for the Heirs dvd I would be really disappointed!