[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

OK, I've analyzed these three scenes and the only possible outcome I'm getting is that Kim Tan is a masochist who likes to be physically abused from the women he loves because he smiles every single times he gets a slap. So it's really no suprise he has fallen for ES as she bears striking resemblence with his own mother ;;) He is LITERALLY so whipped.pnSl0dQ.png

R34XxmK.pngXWUIbNL.png

3JcQTXL.png
bSiHnuO.png

HpOQnF6.png

Guest Spring Andrew

SO MUCH FANWAR ~ people in this thread needs to write their age then comment, so others can try to be or pretend to B considerate.. or not  =)) 
anyhu.. he has OST.? ?ohhhhhlooks like his n hyun joo track will roll in big time

Guest Spring Andrew

Y is the rating so diff with these two??"!! half the time doesnt make sense..anyhu..I just know Heirs did big positive jump..TMR.. is vital..

TNmS Ratings[7]AGB Nielsen[8] 

Ah this episode really brought on the cute!! It really did leave me grinning from ear to ear!
First off, forget the doughnut kiss and ES's grand hug (which was pretty epic in its own right), but how awesome and dare I say, sexually charged was that knee lock scene!?? And why are people not lingering over that moment!? Lol I dunno about the rest of you, but that scene had me squealing like a mad woman. I just adored the fact that Kim Tan was just being Kim Tan in that moment, whereas ES's expressions showed awareness of their close proximity the whole time. I love how affected she is by Tan's touch; not to mention, PSH does a grand job of balancing feelings of shyness and want of physical intimacy, hence her always taking a step back. It's like she doesn't trust herself or her raging hormones, which let's face it, is natural for any 18 yr old! At least she's not running away from it though, coz she clearly admits that there's an order to how things should progress in a relationship, which I thought was just adorable.  
Seriously, there were a lot of great moments in this ep, but since the knee lock scene was one of my faves, I just thought I'd share it with you all. 
P.s. Loved YD up until the point he went psycho again. Sigh, there are so many routes they could have taken this character, but unfortunately, they had to settle for this ridiculously angsty and nonsensical route, which does his character no favours. I mean it's actually killing what little progress he had made, and which actually built what little sympathy I had for him. If anything, his raging behaviour towards the end is going to confuse audiences even more of his character, which is coming off bi-polar and contradictory, with little or no progression. On the upside, I still love the way Woo Bin plays YD, just a shame that the writing isn't doing his character much justice. I'll forgive the momentary lapse, providing they sort it out in the next ep - ASAP!!! 

jjsweeter0211 said: class="entry-title single-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; line-height: 60px; text-transform: uppercase; background-image: url(http://cdn.couch-kimchi.com//wp-content/themes/simplemag/images/section-header.png); text-align: center; background-position: 0px 50%;"HEIRS’ KANG HA NEUL & KIM JI WON FOR INSTYLE KOREA’S DECEMBER 2013 EDITION

It’s an all-out blitz of delicious sophistication, as Kang Ha Neul and Kim Ji Won grace the December pages of InStyle Korea bedecked in classy attire.

In his interview with the magazine, Kang Ha Neul praises his Heirs cast mates, saying how fun it is to be working with them and feeling as though he’s really in school with his peers.

Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won expresses her admiration for Natalie Portman, wanting to be an actress like her. With more experience and learning, she believes she can achieve the Hollywood star’s brand of charisma.

Read the full article here: 

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/11/20/heirs-kang-ha-neul-kim-ji-won-for-instyle-koreas-december-2013-edition/

episode 14 text preview라헬은 탄의 집을 방문해 기애에게 학부모 회의때 왜 은상의 엄마로 왔는지 묻고, 원은 제국그룹의 인사이동을 발표해 김회장의 사람들을 모조리 쳐낸다. 한편 라헬은 은상이 일하는 카페에서 케이터링을 주문하고 은상은 찬영과 보나의 파티에 알바차림으로 가게 되는데..(cr: sbs) 
translation:

RH visits Tan's house and asks KiAe (Tan's real mom) why she went to the school parent meeting as ES's mother; Won announces a reshuffling of Jaegook Empire's personnel and chases out all of Chairman Kim's people. Meanwhile, RH orders catering from the cafe where ES works parttime and ES goes to CY/BN's party in her parttime uniform...

This scene perfectly illustrates how much KT has grown as a character since the time we first met him in US. That time he used to be apathetic and numb choosing to either ignore problems or run away from them. When he decides to intervene and save YS (a girl he barely knows and who’s been mean to people around her) it’s a complete turn-around from the early episodes where he chose to disregard the bullying antics of his classmates and ex-friends not only because he knew he would be facing a losing battle but mainly because he was afraid of facing the demons of his past - not some faceless menace but demons far more dangerous - himself and his transgressions.

tumblr_mwl2souwvC1s8t96qo5_500.png

We’ve always known that Tan’s felt remorse for what he did in the past but it’s only now that he shows signs that he’s prepared to bear the responsibility for his actions and, what’s more, to make things right and abolish the whole thing. It feels only right, because in the beginning it was him who first started to differentiate and who has build this hierarchy of bullying based on social status. It was HIM who created this chair, who came up with this whole idea. However, you reap what you so therefore, as it always happens, it came back to bite him like a bumerang and in the ultimate irony of fate the person who ended up there was the girl he loves, she was trapped in that chair of his own design. Now, he sits there himself but unlike the others he went there willingly it’s a chair he doesn’t belong to yet despite it all there he is. Now he learns himself what it feels like to be on the other side. You see what a revelation it’s for him to sit there and receive the same treatment he’d given to others before. It hits him how it’s to be targeted, demeaned, humiliated in front of others.

tumblr_mwl2souwvC1s8t96qo9_500.pngtumblr_mwl2souwvC1s8t96qo2_500.png

I noticed that YD appears to be completely rattled to see Tan sitting there and we find out that despite Tan being the one who started it YD sees himself as Tan’s inheritor, an heir to continue his legacy as if he were clinging to a past that no longer exists.

The chair is another symbol created by KES which represents a place specifically designated for the poor and powerless who can’t defend themselves because the moment they entered Jeguk High they also entered a world where they have no right and the chair is there to show them where is their place - at the bottom. It’s the reason why KT’s dad sent ES to JH - to show her her place.

In my opinion, it feels so natural and realistic for Tan to feel the need to change the rules he has created and in one way or another I think he is the only one who really can do it. If Tan wants to change the world for Eun Sang and open every door for her it’s seems only natural for him to first open the doors he closed himself.

tumblr_mwl2souwvC1s8t96qo1_500.png

icesiren said: episode 14 text preview라헬은 탄의 집을 방문해 기애에게 학부모 회의때 왜 은상의 엄마로 왔는지 묻고, 원은 제국그룹의 인사이동을 발표해 김회장의 사람들을 모조리 쳐낸다. 한편 라헬은 은상이 일하는 카페에서 케이터링을 주문하고 은상은 찬영과 보나의 파티에 알바차림으로 가게 되는데..(cr: sbs) 
translation:

RH visits Tan's house and asks KiAe (Tan's real mom) why she went to the school parent meeting as ES's mother; Won announces a reshuffling of Jaegook Empire's personnel and chases out all of Chairman Kim's people. Meanwhile, RH orders catering from the cafe where ES works parttime and ES goes to CY/BN's party in her parttime uniform...

Guest feliciawst

today's episode was just daebak! i'm so glad that eun sang has come out of her shell and decide to accept Tan's heart openly. love the bromance and glad to see Won opening up to Tan and letting him stay with him and even sending him to school. someone needs to do something about Young Do! how can he treat Eun Sang like that, threaten to hurt the people around her especially they guy she loves and expect her to fall head over heels for him. mind you Young Do, that is so not the way to a girls heart. 
overall, great ep and kcitizens agree with us since Heirs broke the 20% mark!! hope it'll increase till 25-30% too!! :D

namedx said: Ah this episode really brought on the cute!! It really did leave me grinning from ear to ear!
First off, forget the doughnut kiss and ES's grand hug (which was pretty epic in its own right), but how awesome and dare I say, sexually charged was that knee lock scene!?? And why are people not lingering over that moment!? Lol I dunno about the rest of you, but that scene had me squealing like a mad woman. I just adored the fact that Kim Tan was just being Kim Tan in that moment, whereas ES's expressions showed awareness of their close proximity the whole time. I love how affected she is by Tan's touch; not to mention, PSH does a grand job of balancing feelings of shyness and want of physical intimacy, hence her always taking a step back. It's like she doesn't trust herself or her raging hormones, which let's face it, is natural for any 18 yr old! At least she's not running away from it though, coz she clearly admits that there's an order to how things should progress in a relationship, which I thought was just adorable.  
Seriously, there were a lot of great moments in this ep, but since the knee lock scene was one of my faves, I just thought I'd share it with you all.