[Drama 2013] Thorn Flower / Spine Flower 가시꽃

mistyrain320

Guest d0137

@Triton823If this is one of the typical Female revenge dramas ending (i wanted to make a list of endings i saw so far-all disappointing but really couldn't go there it made me tired before i could think) i wouldn't doubt they would pull that (gosh that would be really a disappointing annoying end)... 
yes i am sure Ji Mi taking the pills rather than die they will make it into something like that (the good brother) or even Se Mi coming to help or donate an organ if need so there is PEACE AND LOVE ENDING, only they would be forgetting that this is supposed to be a REVENGE DRAMA, they should be punished...
Hope they do not pull this one on us! Unless perhaps Je Joon donates his heart and die instead... then it would be less bad and she could wake up and believe he was really sticking to the Kangs and even finally no doubts "gave her his heart" lol
If like the initial possibility then it will also be the end of this kind of drama for me to  :-h :-q

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping Ji Min dies after taking those pills. Yes Se Mi is partially responsible for this, but her husband is primarily responsible for this as is she. She is the result of her of own greed.  Je Joon will not be able to be with his son....such a deadbeat dad should die as long as he dies I'm ok with whatever ending.

The mother I think is going to die...SW and HM will go to prison....I think Se Mi will forgive HM and the rest...you know the traditional kdrama "Come to Jesus Meeting" kinda scenarios where they see the errors of their ways....I already see this in HM....

Guest d0137

=)) that is what i mean if he donates his heart to Ji Mi then there is no change Se Mi will donate any organ and also there is a chance her body rejects his heart and she dies to (that makes 2 gone and remaining can go to prison  >:) ... really don't want to see IDIOT near his son...As Se Mi told him she "holds not resentment of him now so he can fully dedicate himself to the wife and child he chose" with no intervention from her...so he should just stay clear or die i would also be happy with his death...
The Mum can jump off the Villa Roof but this is risky option as writer seams to like the idea of coma/being paralised so better just the Hit and run she used on other people (but this being a accidental hit and run rather than ordered-Would be ironic) or perhaps just lock her up in the Asylum ( but if this happens we know who will visit her - SooJi with the evil grand daughter if mum and fake dad die, so lets go with the hit and run possibility then no melodrama in visit scenes because no one wants to cry for her... =))
I wonder if there is a rule book writers and producers must follow when creating new dramas...i mean some endings are just too often surreal...

It's still looking like they're going to show ep 118 again today (Tuesday). They've just finished today's repeats of the two prior episodes, and they showed the same two (116 and 117) as yesterday, so it looks like 118 will fill the "latest" episode slot (as today's schedule indeed says it will).

Meanwhile the actual page for the drama itself (correctly) lists 118 as having screened last Friday but now (incorrectly, obviously) claims 119 already screened on Monday.

@Baduy:  It sounds like they're all running around asking, "Whose got the (soccer) ball?".  And, the answer is no one because unbeknownst to them, the ball has 'left the building'.  =))

After almost 60 hours of this drama, there had better be a pay-off that is more worthy than "I have seen the light" and 'Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Men".  (I know it's not Christmas, but it's appropriate.)  :P

And, thank you for the (Mis)Adventures of Squirrel and Scissors. I don't know if it will achieve ever-lasting fame as with Humpty-Dumpty or Jack and Jill.  But, it was a nice diversion from the 'nuts' in the looney bin.  :))

Yup!  The live stream for today (Tuesday) has just started, and sure enough it's ep 118 from last Friday all over again.

Personally, I think the Squirrel sabotaged the schedule in revenge for what the writer did to those cushions.

Guest d0137

=)) ... You bet Baduy, hope the squirrel gets something out of the writer...
And so we like to think that the brainstorming sessions go on to decide the best final episode after turturing the viewers/us with all sorts of expectations:Lets see...
1- Shall we forgive and forget or forgive and not forget or just forgive?...
2 - REVENGE? WHAT REVENGE? that was a mistake we made, we were just playing hide and seek to see how long she could live "undercover" she made it to 115 episodes hurray!!!... 

I say send for the guy with the gun who comes out of nowhere, shoots people dead, and disappears. It was good enough for Fashion King, and now, Shark. OK, the shooter in Shark didn't quite come from nowhere, but that's where he went to. And it was a good way of getting a new twist on the sacrificial transplant theme, one up from Stairway to Heaven, where the transplant also came from a convenient corpse (convenient not only because it provided the necessary donor, but also because the donor's death solved a tricky triangle problem).

Bit late for transplants in TF, though. Nam Hee did have a nosebleed a few dozen episodes back but that was just the "working too hard" variety.  Ye Jin might benefit from a personality transplant, but since the potential donors seem to have worse personalities than she has already (assuming her mother is magic-dripped back to life and her father makes a very very last minute appearance) it wouldn't really help much.

And since with its next Mon-Tue weekly  (Her Legend)  jtbc is planning to do for handbags what Fashion King did for dresses and Mme Butterfly did for shoes, the second male lead in that one had better stay clear of rooftop hot tubs, too.

Perhaps, the real revenge is on us.  Here's the real scoop:  The parent of the current writer also wrote drama scripts.

But, the audience/fan reactions pressured the sponsors of the drama to force and threaten the parent into changing the script so many times that the parent went looney and is in a padded cell.  The spouse of the writer parent couldn't cope with the disasters and committed suicide, which left our current writer an orphan.

The orphan vowed revenge on all TV audiences, during her bitter years growing up.  And, here we stand today . . .   :P =))

Guest d0137

Looks like tomorrow we might get clues to where squirrel and writer have been up to if it turns up to be the last episode (which is still a mystery)... 
Shame that they did not extend it to get chance for one of Baduy's suggestions ... I'd support the idea of a guy with a gun or a man in black and black hat in a truck from nowhere that disappear to nowhere... then they can start a new drama to solve his disappearance (Mystery DRAMA) only i would watch in the hope he would never be found out... :P

I think now that The Cushions' Revenge has been achieved by inflicting the episode that revealed their demise on us twice over, the rest of the published schedule can probably be trusted, meaning that we'll have two more episodes to wrap everything up, tomorrow and Thursday.

At least I will be able to see those episodes with a proper color balance now that Shark has finished.  I had to fiddle around with all the video settings to see what was actually going on in that drama and it was too much of a bore to keep setting them and resetting them, so all the other shows were looking washed out because the brightness was boosted too far.

Guest d0137

Tomorrow the final clues to the end should be obvious...must admit this drama did keep me and most of us expecting and hoping till the very last episodes .... they did achieve this of us all
Lets see what is in store:If i will "CELEBRATE" and recommend A GOOD DRAMA to watch OR BE DISAPPOINTED about a GOOD DRAMA that end up WITH A BAD/BORING END which if it is the case i WILL NOT RECOMMEND anyone that might ask me about it...

Guest d0137

@Triton823Changed my words above to make it clear, i am with you to a proper revenge drama (NO MERCY) I only meant they did achieve keeping us watching till the very last episodes, so i do hope for a good REVENGE END. After all this is why we are here for till this very moment making it a into a good achievement for them.. the AUDIENCE was kept waiting for a good end so still HOPE they deliver one ...
I  support Baduy's idea of " a guy with a gun from nowhere killing all remaining Kang family + detective Seo + Seo Won while they are on the run... in addition hope Ji Mi does not recover lol! >:)
But i suspect once Seo Won and H Min are done Jennifer will have the come to Jesus/Buddha or any other existing god moment because they will want to show us she is better person than all of them which we know already, so they will possibly come up with her forgiving everyone and THEY ALREADY STARTED by having her "Forgive" IDIOT and Ji Mi  and wavering at all the other Kangs pleas...
errrr it enrages me they couldn't care when she pleaded not to be raped, or when they abandoned her or when her mum was crying and begging for justice ....they still judged her when they found who she was instead of sincerely accepting their guilt and apologise in free will.. Only now they want to beg, to be listened to and to be spared.... Le the man from nowhere get them all lol!
I HOLD SOME HOPE FOR A DIFFERENT TWIST AT THE END THAN THE usual FORGIVING that doesn't even suit the purpose and theme of the DRAMA...
~X(

Ah!  So the writer hadn't forgotten about the vacation villa after all.  The Kang mansion now belongs to Jinkung, and Ji Soo's mother is having the Kangs evicted (as she warned Evil Mom she intended to do a few episodes back when Evil Mom went to accuse her of having been in league with Se Mi from the very start). When Evil Mom protests to Se Mi that she's being  turned out on to the street with no money and nowhere to go, she replies that Nam Joon's mother has given them permission to move to the vacation villa, then she tells Nam Joom at the cliffhanger that she's going to the villa too, so that everything can end where it began.

Only the writer beats me for slyness. We get a 30 second scene of Je Joon coming home and finding Ji Min unconscious. And 20 seconds of that are taken up with him laboriously reading the label on the pill bottle then concluding it may not be such a good idea to swallow huge quantities of these items, before going into standard Kdrama "shake the patient violently and yell "WAKE UP' down their ears" resuss methods. Then it's off to watch ex-Detective Seo getting the sharp end of Seo Won's knife. though there too. it's not plain whether his injury is fatal or whether he'll arrive trailing blood to join the last big party. Then Se Mi comes home to find Evil Mom very much the worse for drink and saying that "Ji Min's taken an overdose and they say she might not live", though she isn't too fussed about that since she's more bothered about Hyeok Min and whether Se Mi really has just been to drop off her evidence collection at the Prosecutor's Office (she has, at last).

Watched ep 119....even though Hyeok Min did bad....I felt bad for him....as far as Je Min is concerned...if she is not dead she's going to have a mental capacity of a 5 year old....so Idiot gets screwed raising his wife and another man's child....quite fitting...but to be honest...that's be hard to raise a child that is not yours though after being deceived...I think that the writers are totally off the mark on his whole character in my opinion.

gotta feeling mother dearest is going to go jail in place of Hyeok Min....Seo Won is going to attempt to kill Jennifer and Hyeok Min will die protecting her...that's my theory.

Awww, I was still hoping for Jennifer to invite all of the evil ones to a party at the villa, serve them tasty treats from Nam Joon's rice cake store, imbibe them with liquor from Blue Moon, entertain them with recordings of their taped conversations . . .

And, push the button.   (With the last bit of her money, she had bought enough C4 to obliterate them all.)

But, I guess a daily drama, where doors couldn't close properly and walls are paper-thin, won't have the funds for such an 'explosive' ending.  =)) 8-|

Archived