Lee Joon 이준 - SBS Radio DJ

Go Seung Ji

29 minutes ago, the girl who! said:

why is manager-nim saying he's sorry? :lol:

Hahaha! If I'm right, in the interview, Joon talks about the awkward kiss between actor and manager and how awkward he felt. Manager-nim revealed that the kisses on Joon's face were actually made by him and he's sorry to disappoint fans. :lol::lol:

Reading all of Joon's interviews have been quite healing. I don't feel all too sad anymore, largely in part by his cool and calming bright attitude I can feel from all these articles. ^^

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, songielove said:

Hahaha! If I'm right, in the interview, Joon talks about the awkward kiss between actor and manager and how awkward he felt. Manager-nim revealed that the kisses on Joon's face were actually made by him and he's sorry to disappoint fans. :lol::lol:

Reading all of Joon's interviews have been quite healing. I don't feel all too sad anymore, largely in part by his cool and calming bright attitude I can feel from all these articles. ^^

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: too bad they don't make Director's Cut DVDs for weekend dramas , this BTS would have been epic XD what a waste 

• Like 2

@stroppyse said : The second of the articles. I summarized and paraphrased as I thought appropriate, though I did include pretty much all the sentiments in the article. The below is one of the photographs with the article. There were two more, but I couldn't grab them for some reason

Im5Ta7W.jpg

The articles starts with LJ telling a story about how there is a scene where he has to throw a melon. However, before that, he had been throwing a watermelon and hurt his hand. His hand got caught in the netting around the watermelon that was used to carry the melon and got twisted around. Then he had to actually throw the melon, and didn’t do it very well. They mention that the scene which involved a melon that PL had been carrying was actually a serious scene, but thanks to that awkward throw, it became a funny moment. 

Apparently that scene was shot in one take. Viewing it after it was shot with the awkward throw generated unintended laughter, however, it hurt too much to try to reshoot it. He was focused on his finger too much. And, even if reshot, it would probably turn out to be a similar throw. 

LJ also said that while he tried to become Joong Hee, that he felt he was much less mature than Joong Hee. Thinking of the father who came to Joong Hee’s apartment carrying a watermelon that he had bought and then waited in front of the door, he thought that was very sad. He didn’t think that he could have displayed anger like that. 

LJ said that his scenes with Kim Young Chul were always hard. Explosive emotions had to be expressed so much that he felt burdened by them. Other scenes were shot in a very happy mood, however, when shooting those scenes, there was not a lot of joking around and they tended to be shot in a quiet, somber mood. 

He also talked about the loveline. As part of the JoongMi Couple, he received a lot of love. About this, LJ said “We were able to match better than I had thought. In order to be able to shoot the affectionate scenes well, he deliberately played around a lot on set. 

He wanted to give the feeling of something that could happen just somewhere around anyone. Even the laughing was as natural as possible, so “realistic laughing” was what he was trying for. 

While shooting the Joong Mi Couple scenes, the staff were also very meticulous about taking care of them. One scene could take 3 or 4 hours to shoot. Whether it was when he did up MY’s seat belt or the crying scenes, they checked everything thoroughly. 

On his feelings about the end of the drama, he said that from about halfway through, things got very tight. ( I think he means the scheduling) And, he was able to stick to it, but now he has slept a lot and was able to recover his normal routines. When shooting, since there was no time to take a break, it’s only while watching the broadcast that he started realizing that he would miss it. 

After the drama finished, his grandmother came over and they played together, (however unlike his previous works) she knew a lot about this drama as was proud of her grandson. Since it was a weekend drama that was broadcast throughout the country, he thinks that he may be more recognized now. 

As he was doing the drama, he felt that he should be ever more diligent about doing the drama. It was because as time kept passing by, he really didn’t want to hear that he was getting worse. So, he continuously kept thinking of how to make his acting more realistic. 

From @stroppyse 

Here is the first of the articles for which you provided a link. I didn't do a word by word translation, and did a hybrid summary translation, since I left a number of LJ's quotes in because I thought they were cute. Below are the pictures with the article, and the summary is underneath. 

1503980098053560.jpg

1503982209905375.jpg

Title of article: Lee Joon who doesn’t think he has a romantic face, is surprised at his popularity

They ask about his thoughts now that he’s successfully finished a romantic role. 

LJ said “I never imagined such a reception. Fans had told me from long ago to do a romantic role, but but I thought that with my face it wouldn’t be possible. Because it’s not a good looking face, I thought it was a face made for thrillers.”

Asked for other differences, LJ said “It is difficult to develop looking at something with a loving gaze, so rather than looking from bottom to top, I worked at looking from the front.”

The one romantic scene he picked was a “romantic gaze 10 times set” where he tells Mi Young that he likes her. 

“When I practiced a lot and went to the set, it was actually not satisfactory, however as we kept acting, the acting was able to flow. Before, I would see myself on screen and think that I looked as if I were having a difficult time.”

He felt that he matched really well with Jung So Min, commenting that it was difficult acting sometimes because they were laughing. 

So that they could get along well, they joked around a lot. He doesn’t think acting starts at the moment they yell “action”. Like the flowing of water, it’s better when it continues. So, by playing around together all the time, they were able to convey that sense of intimacy on screen. However, because they played around so much, sometimes even during a serious scene, they would break out into laughter. 

The single moment that he picked out was the confession scene where he says “Whether you are Byun Mi Young or Lee Mi Young doesn’t matter”. 

“It was a very serious scene. Though we shouldn’t have played around on that day, even that day, we were joking around. It usually shouldn’t be done like this, however, we had been laughing so hard, when they were filming my face for the scene, I had So Min close her eyes so that I could say my lines. Looking at her closed eyes, I said “I love you, Mi Young” but it didn’t seem that way on the screen.”

He confesses that he and Jung So Min didn’t get close until after 30 episodes had been shot. Before that, they still used formal speech to each other and used their awkwardness in their scenes. Their turning point was a single moment where they found a common point. It seems they had come from the same neighborhood, so they actually found they had a lot in common. As they talked, they found that they knew a number of people in common. Talking about things like that is how they were able to get close. 

A lot of people are expecting Lee Joon and Jung So Min to get the Best Couple Award, however, because in October, Lee Joon is going to the military, he won’t be able to participate in the award ceremonies. So, LJ said that if they do win Best Couple, So Min will have to accept the award by herself for both of them. 

I'll try to get to the other two articles sometime today, though it will probably be a short summary rather than translations.

Sorry @stroppyse I was unable to quote you in this thread , I had to copy paste instead, your translations is truly appreciated :heart:

• Like 5

Thanks for all the shares! Joon's interviews have all been sooo much fun. I'm not crying now, but I will in two months. Here is more to add to the gorgeous feast.

kNzcEUc.jpg

phhhmm1.jpg

Sources: 12

@the girl who! FIS was my first time following a family weekend drama. I had noclue dvd boxsets are not produced for them... whyyyyy? This work is a collector's item for Joon's fans.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, songielove said:

Thanks for all the shares! Joon's interviews have all been sooo much fun. I'm not crying now, but I will in two months. Here is more to add to the gorgeous feast.

Sources: 12

@the girl who! FIS was my first time following a family weekend drama. I had noclue dvd boxsets are not produced for them... whyyyyy? This work is a collector's item for Joon's fans.

weekend dramas are also released on normal DVD format, I guess releasing a director's cut version of a 50 episodes story is way too much work for the director and editors and it takes a lot of time to re-edit every episode since they have to insert unseen scenes while trying not to affect the whole product. That's why they only do it for 16-20 ep dramas , and obviously if the drama have an enough big fanbase that want to buy a good amount of copies. I don't think I've ever heard of a director's cut DVD for a weekend drama .

I remember few years ago the director of  a drama I loved so much decided to take a break after the drama finished and after fans asked him to make a director's cut, he did it after convincing the channel (the drama had really bad ratings but the fanbase was strong and really wanted this type of special DVD but we understand that SBS didn't wan to invest in a DVD of a drama with low numbers ), He even updated us about how his progress on the DVD and everything, that man was an angel :bawling: even now I love him XD 

• Like 2

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Joon 이준 - ["The Present" Fan Meeting in Mexico on 8th of September] - [Military Enlistment on October 24, 2017]