Lee Joon 이준 - SBS Radio DJ

Go Seung Ji

TV: Taecyeon, Lee Joon

Tuesday, April 22, 2014  idol actors, kapdongi, korean dramas, taecyeon, tv, wonderful days  116 comments

201404211130031410_1.jpg

201404211130031410_2.jpg

201404211130031410_3.jpg

Reader request.

-

Article: Naive father Ok Taecyeon vs Creepy psychopath Lee Joon, two positive examples of the transformation of idol actors

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+369, -24] My vote goes to Lee Joon

2. [+337, -25] When other idols go into acting, I get negative feelings off the bat but Lee Joon's good and doesn't make me feel that way. I'd say out of the idols, Im Siwan and Lee Joon are the two that are outshining.

3. [+237, -20] Jun-ah, find strength!! I want him to do another positive role in the future!

4. [+44, -7] Ok Taecyeon's acting is quite natural and his saturi is good too ㅋㅋ Lee Joon is truly amazing, though

5. [+43, -17] In 'Wonderful Days', the sub characters Ryu Seung Soo and Ok Taecyeon are better at acting than the lead Lee Seo Jin. Kim Hee Sun-ssi was also awkward at first but she's becoming more natural with a better understanding of her character. As for Lee Joon, so many people praised him I wondered how good he actually was and caught a rerun of Kapdongi but... he exceeded expectations. For an idol, I think he's more than cut out for the job and should be a standard for other idol actors to follow.

6. [+33, -3] The two characters are so different from each other... I think they both found characters that match their acting style and are doing fine in their respective roles.

7. [+32, -5] Lee Joon is definitely far better but I don't think Ok Taecyeon's acting on 'Wonderful Days' is too bad either.

8. [+31, -6] Aside from veteran and other talented actors, I think rookie actors and idol actors are about on par with each other. 

9. [+30, -7] Lee Joon's expressions are definitely creepy

10. [+28, -7] Imagine a drama where Lee Joon kidnaps Taecyeon's son and Taecyeon is hunting him down, daebak~!!

source:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2014/04/tv-taecyeon-lee-joon.html

[Eng Trans] Lee Joon The Celebrity Interview #Happy29Joon

This Is Called Youth

Our plan to ask Lee Joon "Why are you so good at acting?" went down the drain. After our one hour talk, the conclusion was... he doesn't know very well how he feels about it. We call that "youth". And the camera captured his ambiguous young face.

- Why are you limping?
- Because of the drama “Vampire Detective”, I went to practice at an action school and end up like this. It’s my first time trying this kind of action, so it’s hard. It’s action like in the movie “The Man From Nowhere”, where you can’t hold back on using your body a lot. My character received elite training so I have to do it right from the beginning. 

- Did you practice at the parking lot yesterday too?
- No, I’m not doing that now. Lately I don’t practice acting. Apart from doing a character analysis, I’m not practicing and will try to get the feeling right in the set. Cause I don’t know what the other actors will come up with.

- Regarding “Vampire detective”, what is the thing you’re looking forward to the most?
- At this preparation phase, I haven’t had the chance to get to that point yet. The script reading is tomorrow so I haven’t been able to do such a detailed analysis. Next week I have to do some reshoots for “Key Of Life” [working title] again, so I’m a bit complicated right now. I wish I had a day’s time but every day there’s work I should do. Even sleeping less hasn’t helped. Yesterday I only got 2 hours of sleep and this morning I had to go to action school for practice. So for one thing or another, I haven’t had the time to look at the script properly. My head isn’t organized right now.

- When you filmed the movie “The Piper”, being also involved in the drama “Gapdong” must have been hard. Nevertheless, did you greedily want to play both characters?
- No! That’s how the schedule turned out, despite my desires. Before the filming started I thought “I hope the schedules don’t overlap. Otherwise I’ll have no confidence. I hate causing unconveniences to other works” but schedules ended up overlapping.

- Ironically, that exhausted condition caused a good impression on the other actors in “The Piper”. Doesn’t physical exhaustion often help when acting?
- No, in fact I am really sensitive. In situations like that, I become extremely sensitive. These days I feel I might find myself in such a situation again and the anxiety is difficult to undo.

- However, when I see your acting, it doesn’t look like something learnt somewhere, don’t see anything forced, it comes out flowing in a confident style ... How do you do that?
- Actually, I have no confidence and I’m the nervous type. But since I can’t get caught looking nervous, I do mind control while filming. I'm still afraid of watching the pieces that I've been in. Because I can't act, I feel awkward and embarrassed. But with every work I finish, I find I’m still learning. And living is in itself growing up while learning little by little. That part is fun.

- Is it like a spell you put on yourself to get better, saying you’re lacking?
- Not at all! You might not know when you first see me, and if you look more closely to the acting I’ve done, it might seem like I’m lying. But when I watch I think “Would have been better if I had done that this way”

- What scene would that be?
- I can’t say that. It’s my weak point. I should be the only one to know. (laughs)

- But still, with all the experiences you got until now, you do think “I did well there”, right?
- I don’t think “I did well”. But out of everything, “Ninja Assassin” stands out. Those were really good times. Happiest moment of my life. I was able to focus and learned a lot of things. I learned English and of course acting and action.

- The work you remember the most is the first one you did when you started acting?
- It’s not that. The working environment was so good, I keep happy memories. I loved everything without exceptions. There wasn’t one person I disliked. Even the character I played turned out the way I thought. In fact, except for the characters in “Heard It Through The Grapevine” and “Ninja Assassin”, none of the characters I played have turned out the way I had expected. 

- So what changed the most after “Ninja Assassin”? 
- Pointless thinking has increased. Or rather, back then my thinking was neat and simple. But it’s become gradually stranger, I guess. That’s something I should overcome. Because the important thing is what’s real. 

- Do you study the real acting of the actors in your age group? 
- No, I don’t really watch movies or dramas. 

- You’re only interested in yourself, it seems.
- That’s right. I try to make the most out of my life. I don’t look at other people.

- I think there’s never been such a diverse spectrum of young actors as there is nowadays. As an spectator, I’d like to see their energies rivalizing each other. Isn’t there someone among your peers that you want to work with? 
- Ah, I’d like to work with Byun Yo Han hyung. I think it’d be good if we could play chummy characters and show the chemistry between men. Even though we’ve never worked together, we’ve known each other for a while. Recently at an awards ceremony, we were having a major convo and all of a sudden hyung says “How did I know about you? (laughs). So we think it’ll be fun if we ever work together.

- Whose evaluation is more important to you?
- If the audience consists of 100 people, the opinions of all 100 matter to me. There isn’t one review that I don’t consider important. Because those are the most level-headed evaluations.

- From the comment about confidence, is there anything that worries you or that stays in your memories?
- Nothing that worries me. While I was filming “Gapdong”, I used to think “I really can’t act” and that was difficult but then I read a review where someone said “Really scared me” and I remember it was really reassuring. 

- In the movie “An Actor Is An Actor”, a manager says “If you’re an actor, you need to feel humiliated”. Do you think those words are right?
- I don’t think they’re right, but I don’t think they’re wrong either. They refer to experience. Because in order to express them, you have to feel emotions like that. Even if it’s not humiliation, the more experiences you have could help for acting, I think. 

- Is there anything you can’t experience because you’re famous?
- No, no-one bothers me. I pay no attention and no-one pays attention to me either, I think. (laughs)

- The process of acting involves lots of things. From auditioning and being handed the script to doing interviews like this one to talk about acting. Out of everything in the middle, what are you most favourite and your least favourite moments? 
- Aside from not being able to sleep, everything is fine. Since this is the job I wanted to do, there isn’t anything I hate. If I think about it, even as a child I never complained. As you grow up, you improve but at the same time things become harder. Therefore, you have to find what you enjoy in the middle of that. Of course, my most favourite moment is when I see the results and find hope. The premiere of “Heard It Through The Grapevine” was one of those times. The reactions were so warm, I felt really good.

- Then, isn’t your present self close to the life you dreamed of when you were a child?
- Uhm, I think it’s close. I’m not 100% satisfied, but I think the child that I was would love the fortune of having come this far.

- You don’t think you accomplished all this by yourself?
- I haven’t done anything. At today’s action practice too, the martial arts director did everything for me. By myself maybe I wouldn’t have come even near this. I got a lot of help from many people. In fact, there are many people with a talent for acting and while I’m saying this in an interview, they’re probably filming a piece. I think there’s nothing I could have done alone. 

- Long ago, during a variety show, you asked director Kim Ki Duk for an oportunity and got to film the movie “An Actor Is An Actor”. That legitimately started your acting career.
- Even if I asked him, if the director had not wanted me, it would have ended there. It’s not that I’m special, it’s because of the people who see me with good eyes that, step by step, my acting is improving a little bit. I’m not being modest. When I observe myself objectively, this is how it is. Though confidence is important, how people see me is important too, I think. Even if my own acting satisfies me, if everyone said I seem to be a good for nothing, couldn’t that be the case? 

- Then you feel today you did better than yesterday?
- I don’t think it’s that way (laughs). If I think “Tomorrow I’ll work harder than today”, I might end up exploding one day, so these days when I’m lazy I’m lazy and when I play I play. I hate making too many efforts.

- But apart from acting, do you have other interests? 
- That’s why I recently bought a 200 thousand won guitar on homeshopping, so I could learn how to play. But now it’s just lying against the wall at home. I must have bought it around a month ago, but I still haven’t been able to play with it more than once.

From http://thecelebrity.net/201601_interview_007/ and greywithjoon0207.tistory.com/32 

credit to @iamoutoftime

lee-joon-the-celebrity-magazine-january-

181ac87a92f30d0e0401dd70e9e528b3ae747eba

c9bb82be312db3134f7b7be69c81ed2e23fd2a64

c20ef5e2bc301574feaba9bdab62fe4eaf2bfedb

4a471ccd74467dfefb1bceb5498de10cbb4d3524

4c573c1cc84d8071f93dcad3685d9747c3bf7710

Lee Joon Prepares For Big And Small Screen Comebacks In 2016

Lee Joon starred in "This is Called Youth" for the January issue of The Celebrity.

The actor and former MBLAQ member shared his comeback plans with a grainy black-and-white pictorial. He modeled a striped blazer, leather jacket, hounds-tooth suit and silver jewelry by brands like Justin Davis.

Since halting his musical activities in 2014, Lee has played a variety of roles. He became a serial killer in the tvN drama Gap-dong and portrayed the heir of a prestigious family in the dark comedy Heard It Through The Grapevine.
During the interview, the star revealed that he feels uneasy when he sees himself on screen.
He admitted, "I am still not confident in my acting, so I don't enjoy watching my own films. I feel awkward. Still, I have something to learn in every project and I enjoy learning."
As for his 2016 comeback schedule, Lee will star in the OCN drama Vampire Detective as a private detective who is secretly a vampire. His film Key Of Life, about a killer and actor that accidentally switch roles, will be released this year as well.
In other fashion news, Lee Joon recently had a classy photoshoot in the pages of GQ.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/265503/20160104/lee-joon-key-of-life-vampire-detective.htm

[Eng Trans] Lee Joon Elle Interview Part 1

It's not an exaggeration to say that "Heard It Through The Grapevine" (from here on, "Heard It"), by director Ahn Pan Suk and writer Jung Sung Joo, creators of "Secret Love Affair", was a field of discovery for starring and supporting actors alike. That was the case for Lee Joon as well. Playing the character of Han In Sang, who leads the rebellion in the rich house of his powerful father, Lee Joon neatly re-arranged his title from "acting-dol" to "actor". In all honesty, the "acting-dol" label is like a stigma. It raises accusations of getting easy opportunities having a fandom and leads to prejudice on acting skills. Eventually actors have to break through the gravity of prejudice by demonstrating their qualities. With "Heard It", Lee Joon sent his possibilities as an actor floating weightlessly above that gravity. “I was unsure at first. Han In Sang is pure and and quite correct though repressed, whereas I think I'm care-free and a bit mischievous. However, I thought this was an oportunity to grow and if I succeded it would benefit me personally. Of course there were difficult aspects too, but in terms of results, it was a good choice”. 
His greed as an actor also grew. “There's always greed but up next I want to do even better than I did in ‘Heard It’. I don't know what my next work will be, but I hope I won't go backwards even for a bit. I also want to have more and more experience and more time to be able to think”. 
Lee Joon always wanted to be an actor. Early on he had hoped to attend an art school where he could study drama. And even after his counseling teacher told him to his face “If you get to study drama, I'll eat my hat”, he sought the way to what he wanted. Yet at the time the only possible path was through dance. That's how he started attending a dance school. Dancing with friends fitted him well so he thought he could do it. He got in Seoul Arts High School but there was no drama department there. Nevertheless, he continued dancing. And that's how he got in the Korea National University of Arts. Then suddenly he took a leave of absence from school. “All of a sudden I thought to myself 'What am I doing?’. I'm the type to fall deeply for one thing so without even realizing it I'd been dancing for 4 years. At that moment, I remembered that acting was what I wanted to do. And so I took a break from school immediately. If I think about it now, it was an incomprehensible behaviour (laughs). I just left without having any guarantees”. 
For a year, Lee Joon earned pocket money doing part time jobs, went to auditions whenever he could and got turned down repeatedly. "Not having had the chance to learn acting systematically”, he didn't know if he was ever going to get a job. And then he met Rain by chance and went to Hollywood with him. There they filmed "Ninja Assassin". Not even Lee Joon could have predicted he'd make his acting debut in Hollywood. "I received quick tutoring. The acting teacher and the English teacher were close so I got personal classes too. I can't speak English but my pronunciation was rather good. I think I could have succeded with cramming (laughs)”. 
You could say he was lucky. But it wouldn't have been possible for Lee Joon to pass a 6 step audition simply with good English pronunciation. Hollywood is no easy place either. In the set there were lots of long time supporting actors. They saw Lee Joon's acting and told him: "You are really like a child that never learned about acting. This moment is like a shining jewel. This will be your advantage".

From http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=13305

[Eng Trans] Lee Joon Elle Interview Part 2 - End

For Lee Joon, who doesn't really know what acting is, it's all about basic "quality", and he doesn't know if it's talent he's got. "When I danced, I didn't have an answer to what dancing was. And it's the same with acting. And since I still don't know well what acting is, I feel I don't know exactly what acting well would be either. So I just think 'If an actor is capable of delivering sincerity onto an audience, doesn't that make him a good actor?'. Is there any sort of consensus to declare someone formed as an actor?". 
Indeed, Lee Joon has always thought about the common ground of consensed acting. Even if he didn't know the first thing about it, wanting to act so badly, he enrolled in his own acting training just "playing along". It was nothing extraordinary. He'd look for scripts on the internet, read them his way and question the actors feelings. "I wondered how I could get in an angry mood when my mood was fine. So I would make myself angry alone, even if it sounds a bit strange (laughs)". So while he didn't know wether the training helped him learn the craft, at least it formed a sort of consensus to understand the feelings actors use. That's how Lee Joon became such a scrutinous actor. "When I finish a job, though there are satisfying parts, the regrettable parts stay in my mind for long. The time I spend worrying wether I can get better keeps getting longer. In fact, when I was a child, I never used to think much, so now that I think so much I wonder if it's a problem even. Still, if I keep doing it like this, it seems to me that thinking can become simpler again. With my car too, when I finished tuning it, I said ‘It’s pure now’ (laughs)”. 
Lee Joon first got attention as an actor with the movie "An Actor Is An Actor". Then found his path with "Gapdong". And "Heard It" revealed the diverse possibilities of actor Lee Joon. He proved himself suited for ordinary everyday characters and not only the intense ones. He knows that better than anybody. And without making other calculations, he knows the importance of trying his best every time like he's done until now. "Making calculations is tiring. My head is not good for that (laughs). Essentially, whatever it is I'm doing, I don't think in what will come next and just devote my whole energy to this moment now. And the same with the next thing and the next thing. When I'm working, in each and every scene I invest all the energy that I've got. I try to do it so. That's how I am when I do something". 
Not knowing the way to harm, he disciplined himself in the ways of no harm. Maybe that's how he found the fastest road. In the set of “Heard It”, he often heard director Ahn Pan Suk say "You should stay in tension". "It wasn't so much because we weren't concentrated that he'd say that. What he meant is that while in the set, the atmosphere always needed the tension. Without a doubt, if you don't feel the tension, acting becomes weird. I always make the effort to grab the strap of tension". This need to stay on alert isn't just his responsibility as an actor. "Since there's no way of knowing wether things will always go well in this job, in order to survive, you need to keep your mind clear". 
After experiencing economic difficulties during childhood, due to his father's failed business, Lee Joon knows better than anybody about the value of giving yourself an oportunity. "Instead of blaming others, you need to admit your failure to ble able to make a change. After all, my life is my decision and if I'm going to live that way, it's important that I know I have to assume the responsibility accordingly". In any case, Lee Joon has just started his first chapter as an actor. Now is the time to forge the story in full scale. The way he's being doing it until now, with ridiculous honesty and absolute clarity.

From http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=13305

credit to @iamoutoftime via twitter

Lee Joon Discusses The Past, Present And Future Of His Acting Career In Elle Interview

lee-joon-elle-magazine-june-2015-photosh

(Photo : Elle)

Former MBLAQ member and actor Lee Joon had a classy black-and-white pictorial in the June issue of Elle. The handsome celebrity modeled suits and casual slacks while trying to show a different, serious persona.

lee-joon-elle-magazine-june-2015-photosh

(Photo : Elle)

Former MBLAQ member and actor Lee Joon had a classy black-and-white pictorial in the June issue of Elle. The handsome celebrity modeled suits and casual slacks while trying to show a different, serious persona.

During the accompanying interview, the rising star gave a candid account about his past, present and future. Lee recalled when he first met superstar Rain while he was a dance major at Korea National University of Art and Dance. The chance meeting led to an audition for the American film Ninja Assassin, where Lee tried out for the role of Rain's younger self.

He stated, "I did not know English but my pronunciation was good. So I think they realized that if I received a grinding education [on the English language] that it would be possible [to take on the role]."

He also revealed what he believes makes a successful actor. He explained, "I'm not sure what acting is exactly. I think that an actor who can portray his genuine emotions to the public is a good actor."

Finally, Lee finished the interview by revealing his future career plans. He confessed, "I've always had a lot of ambition but after Heard It Through the Grapevine [the SBS drama], I want to do even better. I, at least, don't want to be delayed by setbacks."

source: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/213540/20150624/lee-joon-actor.htm

Lee Joon Embraces His '4D Personality' In GQlee-joon-gq-magazine-august-2015-photoshlee-joon-gq-magazine-august-2015-photoshGQ released two new photos of actor Lee Joon from his August pictorial for the magazine. In the new cuts, Lee posed on the floor in a plaid Armani shirt and had water splashed onto him while wearing a Mark Ronson suit.

During the interview, Lee revealed he has a very relaxed approach to fame and isn't seeking an international Hallyu star title. He stated, "If that day doesn't come or if there's a moment when things don't go well, it doesn't worry me. People are always like that, aren't they? Whether they have ten billion or a hundred billion [Korean won], everyone is the same when it comes to worries. Right now, I should be satisfied with my activities."

The star also discussed his honest personality.

"Being honest is a problem." He admitted. "Whatever the question may be, I answer everything. They usually say to me, 'It doesn't look like you're lying.'"

He also reminisced about his variety beginnings, when he made a name for himself with his "4D personality."

He asserted, "That benefited me too. I don't regret that image...never."

To check out the first batch of pictures from this photoshoot, click here!

Recently, Lee Joon's agency Prain TPC confirmed that that the actor's next project will be a Korean remake of the Japanese film Key Of Life.http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/232545/20150820/lee-joon.htm

[Eng Trans] Lee Joon "Man Of The Year" GQ Interview

Upon watching, Lee Joon's acting is good indeed. That simple fact reassured him about everything else.

- Your face looks like you just got out of bed. 
- I came here as soon as I woke up.

- Today's weather is good for a nap. 
- Normally I wouldn't feel it, but this year autumn got to me. I've been feeling awfully lonely, a bit depressed, that kind of thing. I've been filming a movie, don't have other schedules in particular, I'm just living the same life as usual, but somehow I've been feeling lonely. My body used to hurt all the time, but this year it hasn't hurt at all? Could it be because my mind is at ease? I finished "HITTG" quite a while ago. After that, I shot a special drama and right after that I started filming a movie. Is it because that's ending now? But then, since I don't have to shoot everyday, on resting days I feel awkward. I think it's loneliness that makes me feel awkward.

- Let’s blame it on the season. When do you start thinking “Ah, it’s winter”?
- When it comes to the change of seasons, in fact I’m not the type to go “I love this, I hate this”. When I’m filming and it’s cold, I do worry. If it’s winter, the body goes stiff.

- Lips freeze too. 
- Yes, lips freeze too. Many adverse conditions in general, really. I hate wearing hot packs. When I wear hot packs, the place where I carry it becomes hot at intervals and I can’t concentrate. I hate looking like someone struggling to stay warm. 

- “HITTG” also started in winter, right? You put on a parka and jumped into Han River. 
- We started filming in January. But even though I could feel the cold, I didn’t think of the adversities.

- Different to other times? 
- Although there was a scene where we jumped into the Han River, in my memories “HITTG” has a stronger “interiors” feeling. Plus, the filming schedule was tight. Occasionally we even filmed for two episodes in one day. It was a system of struggling for two days and then getting to relax for the rest. That’s why, more than being hard, it was the tension that was extreme. There were many long cut scenes. 

- That kind of filming was new to you? 
- It was my first experience. Usually there’s a lot of editing. But in “HITTG”, since the whole picture was squeezed in long cut scenes, everything had to be perfect. If you got one word wrong, everyone had to do it again from the beginning. 

- Like a theatre play. 
- Exactly. After getting it right time and time again, we did it on the stage trying to give the impression that it was all done in one go.

- Did you catch up with the fun of it?
- I did when it was over. It was really interesting. The best thing about long cut scenes is the naturalness, I think. After doing “HITTG”, I was able to focus in the naturalness in other actors too. With every actor I saw, if the make up was neat, the eyebrows were well defined, the hair was immaculate, that in itself made me think it was unnatural. Have to get rid of these habits.

- So “HITTG” had even that effect on you. 
- I am definitely more relaxed than before. Of course, there are still many cons to deal with but compared to before, the truth is my attitude is more relaxed now. I can say it takes confidence. And quickness. 

- Considering the ability of the actor Lee Joon that I saw in “HITTG” I wonder if that wasn’t quickness. He didn’t seem like someone who had memorized his lines. He just seemed thrown in the situation. Normally the ability to act and the ability to not act are quite different, aren’t they? 
- Ah, I agree. 

- On the one hand you said “From now on I will act” but you didn’t act. Therefore the Lee Joon from “HITTG” was suddenly erased, I’d say. 
- Not sure what you mean by “erased”…

- You didn’t get boring, you swept by, suddenly became clean, didn’t get caught in an image, whatever you do now will be good. 
- If you saw it like that, I’m grateful. I think so too. 

- I think good actors should be that way. There are lots of actors caught in an image, right? That’s rarely the case for good actors that can do anything. 
- I just went in the raw. I’m not the type that memorizes the lines well either so I was always going with what I could grasp. When it is time to film, you just say “Well, whatever”.

- Must have many anecdotes on improvisation. 
- Yes. But then I quite liked the script written by Jung Seong Joo. Usually if you don’t understand something you ask the director but during “HITTG” that didn’t happen even once. I would just read and feel I had the answer. I acted in accordance to the script. Time being scarce was a pity but after filming, compared to what I thought, my acting was... I wouldn’t say it was good acting. 

- You did well. 
- I’d say it was passable. (laughs) Nowadays, I’m trying to go little by little towards not practicing. Though I have to read the script and say what I have to say, next time I’ll go into filming determined to enjoy. The more you prepare, the more you practice, it feels more unnatural to me. The body paralizes too. Though I may need more energy to burn, if possible, I’ll go with comfort in my heart. I haven’t been in acting that long, but in the past I used to think I wanted to wear cool clothes, hoped to have a cool hairstyle but I think a lot has changed with “HITTG”. These days if something in my body feels unnatural, I ditch it. I hate being unnatural. Because of the movie [I’m filming], lately my toenails are super long. 

- Because you think that’s the kind of person [your character is]?
- Yes. I thought I could catch those angles. Normally I have my fingernails and toenails perfectly cut and neat, so these days I’m incredibly uncomfortable. 

- Even if his toenails are long, he’ll be alright for action scenes? 
- Yes. I’m not practicing much. (laughs) Normally I try to remember my behaviour or the behaviour of other people. Because in acting, things like minor habits are an extremely important source, I think. If we’re filming a full shot and my posture looks bored, looking bored is alright, I think. Instead of trying to show something all the time, in a scale of 1 to 10, I go for 6 and for 7 if I I feel I have to do something. If you try to express constantly, acting becomes overburdened. Therefore, at times I won’t act at all. (laughs) If the director says that’s a little too loose, I’ll do it again. More than not practicing, what I do is not calculate. With action scenes too, I pretty much go with the emotions.

- That’s the privilege of young actors, isn’t it?
- Yes, that’s right. Though that’s what I’m pursuing right now, next year it could change again. Since I’m still young, I wonder if having all these thoughts isn’t a way of enriching my experience.

- The energy of youth. It’s okay to swing your views . Energy covers up for anything, doesn’t it? I said “youth” but it’s more a question of purity. Is Lee Joon a good actor?
- Dunno. I make the effort to consider that a little more objectively. I'd hate to look like a fictional character. If I want to give the idea that I could be this other kind of person too, I will really need a cold objective perception. I also think of shedding layers one by one. There is this facet and suddenly there could be this other facet too.

- Today you suddenly popped by the sudio, right? 
- Yes. (laughs)

- When I saw you carrying shopping bags, I was wondering what you had bought and then you took out your lunch. And you ate by yourself.
- Haha, though I order tteokgalbi from time to time, I couldn’t decide today so I didn’t have lunch. So in the end it was seven pieces of tteokgalbi. I usually eat alone. I rarely have plans to eat with someone else. So I ate without even thinking about it. 

- That’s what I mean. I didn’t think it was a behaviour you’d do as a concept. You looked like Han In Sang in “HITTG”.
- In Sang and I are different but when you’re in school it’s possible to love that feverishly, right? Emotions abound, I think. And they’re awfully strong. It was really good to have the chance to play a character like that. I am thirty now.

- Are you self-aware about turning thirty? 
- Not really, I think. But I’m afraid my body is not the same as it used to.

- If you consider it from the feeling of living, around what age would you say you are?
- Early twenties?

- When you think you’re still young, does it give you a sense of relief? 
- Yes, cause I still have a long way to go.

- Feeling you still have a long way to go, wouldn’t make it easier for you to get tired? 
- I don’t remember anyway. (laughs) Wether you live a tough life or a less tough life, time goes away anyway. And in between going to sleep and waking up, everything disappears, doesn’t it? That’s natural, isn’t it?

From http://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2015/12/04/2015-men-of-the-year-%EC%9D%B4%EC%A4%80

credit translation to iamoutoftime on twitter!

Lee Joon Reveals Charismatic Black and White Pictorial for GQ Korea

Lee Joon Reveals Charismatic Black and White Pictorial for GQ Korea

Actor Lee Joon revealed a fierce pictorial for men’s magazine GQ Korea.

On July 20, Lee Joon’s pictorial and interview were released. Even in the black and white photos, Lee Joon is charismatic and handsome as always.

In the interview that followed, Lee Joon talked about his movie, “Guest.” He said, “I learned so much from my seniors, and I made a friend called Chun Woo Hee.” He also showed his passion and humility at the same time, saying, “I have infinite confidence in myself. I’d like to walk at the same pace as the other actors my age. Although I may be late, I’d like to be able to follow them without falling behind.”

Meanwhile, Lee Joon’s full pictorial and interview for GQ Korea will be revealed through the August issue.

lee joon 2

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/19/lee-joon-reveals-charismatic-black-and-white-pictorial-for-gq-korea/

http://www.chuutalk.com/fanclub/language/en/lee-joon-talks-about-his-acting-career/Lee-Joon_medici-2015.jpg

He was at ‘The Midici 2015‘ to talk about his acting career, including his recent roles as the psychopath Ryu Tae Oh in ‘Gapdong‘ and as Han In Sang in ‘Heard It Through the Grapevine‘.

As for Hang In Sang, he said, “Unlike Han In Sang’s parents in the drama, my parents are warm and like friends. So I thought of Yoo Joon Sang sunbaenim not as a father but as a sunbae. I imagined the scary sunbaes from high school, and I automatically found myself avoiding Yoo Joon Sang sunbaenim’s eyes.

For Ryu Tae Oh, he explained, “As for acting like a psychopath, I couldn’t even begin to imagine it myself, so I built my character watching YouTube videos. To be honest, I suck at even killing mosquitos.

When asked if he thought he got lucky as an actor, he talked about ‘Ninja Assassin‘ and said, “It doesn’t make sense that a 20-year-old who doesn’t know anything can film a Hollywood movie. It’s not that I worked harder than other people back then, but it was because I looked like Rain that I featured in that, so I think that was more luck than ability. After that, now I’m working hard to become a person who has talent.

On his future plans, he said, “I want to become an actor that pours sincerity into anything no matter what.

CJKPc7GUwAA7HrY.jpgfuexuhj.jpg?w=590&h=399&crop=1p05YpwVl.jpgCJKPcmDUMAE8UJK.jpg

150705.png

tumblr_nr17g2bH1o1rj5p6do1_500.jpg

drFhbi3.jpg

10983577_1605311423050595_56088547851203

tumblr_nr7ngz8JG41tneqylo1_500.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon Will be Joining ‘Woman With a Suitcase’

ZZ.jpg?fit=618%2C480

On the July 28th, MBC announced that actress Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon are confirmed to join a new drama, ‘Woman With a Suitcase’. Choi Ji-woo and Joo Jin-mo have also confirmed to join this drama long ago.

‘Woman With a Suitcase’ is a story of a successful office manager, who ends up becoming a lawyer in order to gain enough power to seek retribution.

‘Woman With a Suitcase’ will be aired in September. Stay tuned for more updates!

source

• Like 1

Lee Joon opens his first SNS account

photo756763.jpg

Lee Joon opened his first SNS account in seven years since his debut.

He delivered his first personal greeting online by posting his selfie on his Instagram account on August 17th. In the revealed photo, Lee Joon is holding "Seoul Station" script. We can tell he is happy with the smile stuck at the lifted tips of his hlips.

Lee Joon wrote, "I'm not sure this photo will be uploaded well or not. It's like my first test, "Seoul Station"is opening today. Come and enjoy the movie".

Lee Joon will also meet his fans with his small screen role in MBC's upcoming drama, "Woman with a Suitcase". He will play Ma Seok-woo, a lawyer who struggles to make living through his legal career.

photo756764.jpg

photo756765.jpg

source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Joon shows off two completely different sides of him in 1st stills from his upcoming film

Lee-Joon

We'll be seeing the return of a multifaceted actor Lee Joon again soon through his upcoming film, 'Lucky'!

Starring Lee Joon and Yoo Hae Jin, 'Lucky' is comedy film in which a no-name actor (played by Lee Joon) decides to commit suicide and visits a sauna one last time to organize his thoughts, only to find a guy lying unconscious inside the sauna after having slipped on a bar of soap (played by Yoo Hae Jin). In a moment's decision, Lee Joon steals the unconscious man's keys and belongings from the sauna, and begins living the life of the other man - a perfect, charismatic killer - while Yoo Hae Jin is stuck living the life of a sad, no-name actor. 

It was also reported that Yoo Hae Jin had endless praise for his partner Lee Joon's acting, saying, "He's completely greedy, he's stubbornly determined and greedy about acting." 

'Lucky' premieres this October!

Lee-Joon_1473208699_201609070807601127_1.jpg

SOURCE

• Like 2